AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka - Insurrection in the Ancient City (Volumes 14 & 15) Rating
Perfect 10 35 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 24.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 12.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-12-17, 03:02   Link #1081
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post

Well, Tsutomu said during his interview that teleportation magic can't exist so I don't believe a magic like that will ever exist.
Not teleportation per-say...

Just think of it as a sword that cannot be block because it moves through a different space.....It is like phasing through objects.....
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 03:21   Link #1082
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Not only because of his magic, several things can show he is one depending on how the events play out, such as his information network and Masaki never saw him use it, even Lina who has not good magic knowledge understood that Tatsuya's magic was Decomposition once he used it, him and his sister being so powerful is another reason to suspect them.

Well, Tsutomu said during his interview that teleportation magic can't exist so I don't believe a magic like that will ever exist.
Isnt that where Erika comes to play?
beside Tatsuya's part of the military. There might bw curiousity to his linage but as we know prying about a person's linage is considered unethical.

@Fujin I disagree...Tatsuya already have a magic that can pierce through any defence theres no point in him having that kind of magic....

What I wanna see is a time magician who can manipulate time and space; like reversing, stopping and fast forwarding.

Like Tatsuya regrowth but not reading and copying but Reversing time itself. Or Tatsuya Mist dispersal; fast fowarding a person time to his/her time that he turns to ash. Or Tatsuya Material Burst but this time creating a massive black hole that sucks everything.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-12-17 at 03:35.
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 06:33   Link #1083
Verisimilitude

Zhou really is that bothersome to have four of the Ten Master Clans coming for his head. Though if they do manage to capture/kill him, I wonder who the next villian will be. I doubt the Black Sage will intervene directly just yet.
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 06:59   Link #1084
somerand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
Zhou really is that bothersome to have four of the Ten Master Clans coming for his head. Though if they do manage to capture/kill him, I wonder who the next villian will be. I doubt the Black Sage will intervene directly just yet.
Considering that the TMC selection is meant to be at like the start of the third year I'm guessing that will be the next arc. If I had to take a guess at the next antagonist it would either be one of the not yet introduced master clans that could make a move against the Yotsuba during the selection or the Saegusa vs Yotsuba clash will begin and they will be the enemies although they wouldn't really be "Villains".
somerand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 07:15   Link #1085
Echizen777

Quote:
Don't think they will deal with him in this volume but Jiedo will be next after him. In the spoilers Tatsuya and Kyouko speculated that he could show up at the end of this operation, given its importance.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 07:23   Link #1086
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Isnt that where Erika comes to play?
beside Tatsuya's part of the military. There might bw curiousity to his linage but as we know prying about a person's linage is considered unethical.

@Fujin I disagree...Tatsuya already have a magic that can pierce through any defence theres no point in him having that kind of magic....

What I wanna see is a time magician who can manipulate time and space; like reversing, stopping and fast forwarding.

Like Tatsuya regrowth but not reading and copying but Reversing time itself. Or Tatsuya Mist dispersal; fast fowarding a person time to his/her time that he turns to ash. Or Tatsuya Material Burst but this time creating a massive black hole that sucks everything.
The black hole thing is a possibility...But Tatsuya has to cause an object's gravity to collapse on itself or he has to distort gravity....

About that time thing, I think the closest we will have for that kind of spell is a mental interference spell that can cause the suspension of a person's sense of time....
Old 2014-12-18, 03:04   Link #1087
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Well I doubt Jeido would be their next target as the Yotsuba want to capture Zhou because of their sponsor; but I think Maya has her plan against the sponsors.

Possible enemies:
Rozen
Koichi
Yotsuba Sponsor
Another USNA agent
The Whole TMC
Government officials
Blanch
Jeido

I want vol. 16 to be the Rozen arc as soon as possible but the possibility of that happening is low. If were following the same format as the past vol. We'll get something big like USNA agent again or other country's special ops.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 09:09   Link #1088
Aciald

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Well I doubt Jeido would be their next target as the Yotsuba want to capture Zhou because of their sponsor; but I think Maya has her plan against the sponsors.

Possible enemies:
Rozen
Koichi
Yotsuba Sponsor
Another USNA agent
The Whole TMC
Government officials
Blanch
Jeido

I want vol. 16 to be the Rozen arc as soon as possible but the possibility of that happening is low. If were following the same format as the past vol. We'll get something big like USNA agent again or other country's special ops.
Shouldn't the next arc be about the TMC selection? Not sure that really needs an specific enemy.
Aciald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 12:32   Link #1089
Starway

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post

魔法科高校の劣等生(15) 古都内乱編<下>
著者/佐島 勤
イラスト/石田可奈
定価 (本体590円+税)
2015年1月10日発売
ISBN 978-4-04-869167-3

『クリムゾン・プリンス』一条将輝と、『四葉の最終兵器』司波達也がついに共闘!

全国高校生魔法学論文コンペティションを間近に控えた九月下旬。四葉家当主・四葉真夜による「横浜から逃 亡した周公瑾の捕縛に関する協力依頼」を受け、京都に来た司波兄妹は、九島家を訪れる。
 そこで達也たちは深雪と同質の美貌を持つ少年魔法師、九島光宣に出会う。その光宣と共に周の捜索を行うも 、手がかりは未だ掴めてはいなかった。
 そんな折、七草家のボディガード・名倉の訃報が達也たちのもとへ届く。京都の桂川河畔にて斃れたという名 倉の弔い合戦として、周捜索に真由美も参戦、事態は動き出す。
 そして、ついに周の潜伏先を突き止めた達也は、とある過去の強敵(ライバル)へと連絡を取る のだった。
 『クリムゾン・プリンス』一条将輝、『四葉の最終兵器』司波達也が共闘! 緊迫の古都内乱編 、完結!

If anyone is interested in the next volume
Anyone else see the red in their hair or is it just me? Also I really can't tell who that last guy is I guess it's Minoru maybe he's using Parade but that seems a bit weird that he'd use it just to change his hair colour when he's meeting tatsuya maybe he's using parade on the cover and he's really blond.

Last edited by Starway; 2014-12-18 at 13:04.
Starway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 15:22   Link #1090
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
The black hole thing is a possibility...But Tatsuya has to cause an object's gravity to collapse on itself or he has to distort gravity....
Fujin, I agree with you. And, I think, it is one of possible abilities that the author can pursue with Tatsuya because USNA tried to duplicate Tatsuya's Material Bust and accidently created black hole, so Tatsuya's ability may hold a key to create either dimensional magic or gravity magic.

However, I doubt, the author would have opportunity to venture into this field during the high school years. Tatsuya is not finished with his new offensive magic, Baryon Lance, yet. And, non-gravitational nuclear reactor is also far from being finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iramohs View Post
In the pics we've seen as him he has a lighter hair color but that could be due to Parade. I definitely think it's Minoru seeing as his power is supposed to rival those two and he's helping with the Traditionalists in volume 14.
Minoru's Parade is different from Angie's Parade.
Minoru's Parade creates an illusion just like Minoru; at least, his parade from vol. 14 described in this way. I assume, he does not have to conceal his identity through Parade unlike Angie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerand View Post
Considering that the TMC selection is meant to be at like the start of the third year I'm guessing that will be the next arc. If I had to take a guess at the next antagonist it would either be one of the not yet introduced master clans that could make a move against the Yotsuba during the selection or the Saegusa vs Yotsuba clash will begin and they will be the enemies although they wouldn't really be "Villains".
I doubt it. Based on comments from Erika during the Visitor Arc, noticeable families are Saegusa, Juumonji, Yotsuba, and Ichijou. So, I would not think, there would be another families showing up to challenge Yotsuba. "Koichi vs. Yotsuba" has been going on since beginning, so 10MC selection Arc could be "Yotsuba vs. Saegusa and its allies".

In vol. 14, Yotsuba did not influence the military while Tatsuya was marked by the military intelligence division, and Maya purposely sent Kuroba twins to Tatsuya while they were being followed. Later, Maya even allows Tatsuya to cooperate with any other 10MC for catching Zhou. I think, Maya may change the tactics with Tatsuya from hiding his identity to disclosing his identity at least with 10MC.

Having WMD provides a lot of power and influence, but it is only possible if others know, one has WMD. Maybe, the story is going into the direction where other existing 27 families are standing against Yotsuba during the election, so Maya may be setting up the stage where other families cannot vote against Yotsuba.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 15:41   Link #1091
expertsource

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
Fujin, I agree with you. And, I think, it is one of possible abilities that the author can pursue with Tatsuya because USNA tried to duplicate Tatsuya's Material Bust and accidently created black hole, so Tatsuya's ability may hold a key to create either dimensional magic or gravity magic.

However, I doubt, the author would have opportunity to venture into this field during the high school years. Tatsuya is not finished with his new offensive magic, Baryon Lance, yet. And, non-gravitational nuclear reactor is also far from being finished.

Minoru's Parade creates an illusion just like Minoru; at least, his parade from vol. 14 described in this way. I assume, he does not have to conceal his identity through Parade unlike Angie.

I doubt it. Based on comments from Erika during the Visitor Arc, noticeable families are Saegusa, Juumonji, Yotsuba, and Ichijou. So, I would not think, there would be another families showing up to challenge Yotsuba. "Koichi vs. Yotsuba" has been going on since beginning, so 10MC selection Arc could be "Yotsuba vs. Saegusa and its allies".

In vol. 14, Yotsuba did not influence the military while Tatsuya was marked by the military intelligence division, and Maya purposely sent Kuroba twins to Tatsuya while they were being followed. Later, Maya even allows Tatsuya to cooperate with any other 10MC for catching Zhou. I think, Maya may change the tactics with Tatsuya from hiding his identity to disclosing his identity at least with 10MC.

Having WMD provides a lot of power and influence, but it is only possible if others know, one has WMD. Maybe, the story is going into the direction where other existing 27 families are standing against Yotsuba during the election, so Maya may be setting up the stage where other families cannot vote against Yotsuba.
i don't think it's going to be yotsuba against saegusa because koichi already stopped his actions, and now he is trying to hide it. Saegusa in defense now. in volume 15 we have unity of possibly next and youth leaders; tatsuya, minoru, ichijo. Therefore, we will see this unity and yotsuba VS zhou, his master and from under saegusa and their allies.
expertsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 15:41   Link #1092
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post

I don't think a space/time magic is possible for Tatsuya, he is good at decomposing and restoring Eidos. A space/time magic would be linked systematic magic, and he sucks at systematic magic.

Quote:
But you can change the parameters of Parade all you want, Lina can do this too, at least that's what I understood when there was a comparison with Yakumo's Matoi. They didn't talk about his hair color in volume 14?

Quote:
She was talking about the families with influence in their area, the other clans are prestigious but don't have much influence in the capital.
Old 2014-12-18, 16:08   Link #1093
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by expertsource View Post
i don't think it's going to be yotsuba against saegusa because koichi already stopped his actions, and now he is trying to hide it. Saegusa in defense now. in volume 15 we have unity of possibly next and youth leaders; tatsuya, minoru, ichijo. Therefore, we will see this unity and yotsuba VS zhou, his master and from under saegusa and their allies.
Saegusa Koichi didn't stop his action.
We do not know what he has been doing after the death of Nakura.
We will have to wait for vol. 15 to confirm how this Arc would end, but don't you think, he would prepare another way to kill Zhou? If Nakura was his only asset that he can rely on, it would be sad.

Quote:
I don't think a space/time magic is possible for Tatsuya, he is good at decomposing and restoring Eidos. A space/time magic would be linked systematic magic, and he sucks at systematic magic.
But you can change the parameters of Parade all you want, Lina can do this too, at least that's what I understood when there was a comparison with Yakumo's Matoi. They didn't talk about his hair color in volume 14?
She was talking about the families with influence in their area, the other clans are prestigious but don't have much influence in the capital.
I did not say, Space/time magic. I said, dimensional magic; something like creating temporary black hole that sucks enemies' attacks or objects, and I only pointed out, it is one of possibilities that the author can pursue. He definitely has a problem with processing magic, but I also think, the story may develop for him to improve his artificial MCA. Again, I do not think, it is possible not because of his capability, but because of the time limitation. Even if the author decides to give this kind of power to Tatsuya, the author has to create an event where Tatsuya to fix his artificial MCA and create additional events where Tatsuya feels need for such magic. It is a lot of work while the story has to pick up other stuffs.

In volume 14, I did not read any physical changes on Minoru when he used parade.
It is possible, but in vol. 14, he did not change his looks with parade. I do not understand why everyone expect Minoru to change his looks with parade while his character is already designed to be good looking. lol.

I perceived Erika's comment in the form of deductive reasoning to identify the faction that Tatsuya belongs to by eliminating possible strong clans.
It is true, there may be another one that challenge Yotsuba, but "Maya vs. Koichi" has been going on for a long time, so I think, it will continue to 10MC selection without introducing other hostile clan against Yotsuba.
Old 2014-12-18, 16:14   Link #1094
fujin of shadows

Quote:
I'll disagree with this.

I think that Space/time magic could be attain through the combination of Decomposition and Regrowth.

Just imagine if Tatsuya simultaneously decomposing and repairing space at the same time. That would cause a distortion of sort, a warp space, a wormhole....

Side note, do you think Tatsuya could make a spell similar to Kiritsugu Emiya's origin bullet....A spell that could strip a magician of his/her capabilities of using magic....
Old 2014-12-18, 16:21   Link #1095
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Side note, do you think Tatsuya could make a spell similar to Kiritsugu Emiya's origin bullet....A spell that could strip a magician of his/her capabilities of using magic....
I think, we can discuss this at magic & technology section.
But, if I may, I think, the author has been using ideas from many existing light novels including type moon's work, so I wouldn't say, it is impossible. However, Tatsuya does not have ability similar to Miya. If he does, maybe it is possible, but his power only affects physical parts.
Old 2014-12-18, 16:40   Link #1096
amtro
Distro

Are we all forgetting that Tatsuya has in effect been using teleportation since vol 11? Restoring an object to a set of new coordinates sounds a lot like teleportation to me.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 16:45   Link #1097
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Are we all forgetting that Tatsuya has in effect been using teleportation since vol 11? Restoring an object to a set of new coordinates sounds a lot like teleportation to me.
It was Restoration magic, author said himself that Teleportation magic doesn't exist.
Old 2014-12-18, 16:48   Link #1098
expertsource

dude, regrowth is already a time magic. he turns the time back for the thing he chooses(body or machine) and he makes it just like before. like it never get damaged. that's why it is not healing magic or something else. it is time magic for 24 hours.
now thing about it; what if he uses the regrowth for all the area constantly?
if he uses the regrowth same speed with time for area (maybe a whole city) -> it is time stop magic
if he uses the regrowth faster than the time -> he can go to the past time
actually he is not changing. the area is going back in the time.
expertsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 16:52   Link #1099
Liebe

Regrowth doesn't alter time...

Regrowth works by copying a previous copy of the target's eidos and reapplying it to the target.
Liebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 16:56   Link #1100
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by expertsource View Post
dude, regrowth is already a time magic. he turns the time back for the thing he chooses(body or machine) and he makes it just like before. like it never get damaged. that's why it is not healing magic or something else. it is time magic for 24 hours.
now thing about it; what if he uses the regrowth for all the area constantly?
if he uses the regrowth same speed with time for area (maybe a whole city) -> it is time stop magic
if he uses the regrowth faster than the time -> he can go to the past time
actually he is not changing. the area is going back in the time.
Regrowth is more like a copy/paste magic. It doesn't affect time.

Tags
harem, jesus-like mc