AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-06, 21:17   Link #1081
7Th
Mixtape

Just noticed Simon lost the one hideous part of his costume in the magazine spread. FUCK YEAH!
Old 2007-09-06, 21:44   Link #1082
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Hmm what's that? You gotta jog my memory... I don't see any difference in Simon's design. But Yoko looks a lot better in the magazine spread.

I still like the Simon x Nia pic in the Good End/Bad End article best.
Old 2007-09-06, 22:02   Link #1083
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
Hmm what's that? You gotta jog my memory... I don't see any difference in Simon's design. But Yoko looks a lot better in the magazine spread.

I still like the Simon x Nia pic in the Good End/Bad End article best.
Look at Simon in there, he has GARlock's attire other than the goggles or the belt. No more black belts for us!
Old 2007-09-06, 22:27   Link #1084
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

THX for the scans and translation fellas.
Old 2007-09-06, 22:27   Link #1085
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
yeah, I will post some pic scan anyway... I can translate everything later if noone will be doing it... not today though, really tired.

By quina

By quina

By quina

The full page scan is already posted on 4chan, the pic is a bit more blurry, should I won't post it again.. can't read from that anyway.
Old 2007-09-06, 22:35   Link #1086
7Th
Mixtape

Also... I what do the scan with Simon and Nia says? I guess some summary of their characters at least...
Old 2007-09-06, 22:51   Link #1087
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Corset is still there BUT the choker is gone. GOOD END!
Old 2007-09-06, 23:43   Link #1088
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Well that Simon x Nia pic is probably the best I've seen so far. I wouldn't mind if they ended the anime with that scene. Anyway does anyone have a clearer scan of those 2 pages? I want to read what the Good end/Bad End article says.
Old 2007-09-07, 05:54   Link #1089
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
"Congratulations".

I didn't want to say that, but someone had to.
Old 2007-09-07, 06:29   Link #1090
Dave1988
Kick reason to the curb!

Send a message via MSN to Dave1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
"Congratulations".

I didn't want to say that, but someone had to.

I'd rather see "WELCOME HOM3".

Besides "CONGRATULTIONS" only work with angst ridden teens and Simon is not one of them.

OR Gainax could pull an Ideon on us.
Old 2007-09-07, 09:15   Link #1091
terrus

Acording to the interview with Simon's, Kittan's and Leeron's Seiyus there will be a big and impressive scene that is going to happen to Kittan in the 4th arc, now initaly people have been jumping to the conclusion that he is going to die but i don't think this is the case.

The scene will aparently be animated by Sushio so in my personal opnion i think that it is going to have something to do with the Chou-Ginga-Gurren-Lagann as it's colour is yellow and it has a head with a very similar shape to King Kittans body wich you can see if you freezeframe the scene from the op (can someone upload a pic of that if possible?)

Heres a pic i made

you cant see it in the picture but the chest area has a similar ziz-zag mouth like king kittans and if you look at the head you might just about be able to make it out on there as well.

Last edited by terrus; 2007-09-07 at 11:57.
Old 2007-09-07, 15:38   Link #1092
Jackster

You canīt count on the colors that are seen in the OP. Arc GL is blue in the OP, but it in the End it is silver.
And i also donīt belive that Kittan has enough Spiral Energy to make the 2nd biggest Gattai in the Series.

By the Way. Are there any clues what GARren-LaGARnn (the red one^^) could be? By that Size, it could only be a Planet (Anit-Spiral Homeplanet/-base?) or Simon went Ultra-Garlock and powered GL up till it got that Size ond Look (maybe with Niaīs help).
Old 2007-09-07, 16:07   Link #1093
terrus

I just thought it looked similar is all, still i could be wrong people thought the Arc gurren Lagann was going to be a combination between the gurren lagann and the enkidu.
Old 2007-09-07, 18:14   Link #1094
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

The third giant mech is almost certainly going to be the Super Galactic Great Gurren's robot form. The three "prongs" of the crown are drills that extend from the "pokeballs" around the ship's figure-head and the disc matches the one currently on the ship.

Perhaps it is accurate to say Garlock from episode one is not riding a ship, but actually the yellow mech, since by that time the "crown" has already been extended.

Also, when people suspect Kittan is going to die...they're probably right. This is Gurren-Lagann, not Geass, I wouldn't expect Gainax to throw us too many twists right now. I mean, heck, we already know bad stuff will happen tomorrow, that's as big a twist as we could ever have in this series that wasn't obvious.

However, Kittan's death will eclipse Kamina's by a long-shot, surely. It'll be Archer-like in sacrifice scope.
Old 2007-09-07, 20:31   Link #1095
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Well here's the exact translations of the interview regarding Kittan. I may not be accurate, so Japanese speakers feel free to edit it.

Spoiler for interview:

Taniyama is Kittan's VA, Onosaka is Leeron's VA. So everyone is free to speculate on Kittan's future based on the interview :P
(oh and yeah they did leave out the censored part in the interview)

The rest of the interviews are slightly more difficult to translate. So I may or may not do those. Anyway those aren't spoiler material.
Old 2007-09-07, 23:21   Link #1096
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I have been staring at the SimonxNia picture for the last 5 minute grinning weirdly. That picture rocks way too much.
Old 2007-09-08, 00:03   Link #1097
Tangowr

Well, regarding the good/bad end pic...am I the only one that is worried about the part that says Simon will end up the same fate as Kamina?
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/250...4747508qd1.jpg
Old 2007-09-08, 01:17   Link #1098
v1cious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega-kun View Post
You canīt count on the colors that are seen in the OP. Arc GL is blue in the OP, but it in the End it is silver.
it was in the shadows.
Old 2007-09-08, 04:15   Link #1099
terrus

I just jumped to a conclusion after seing the head really, but yeah i could see how the galactic gurren lagann could produce three drills from it's 'pokeballs'. And considring the interview said that the scene would be awesome (and aparantly animated by sushio) was another reason i thought this. But i think the final reason i thought the second gurren lagann upgrade had something to do with king kittan was becaus of it's chest area. Although hard to see if you freeze frame it and look at the chest it has similar eyes and what appears to be a zigzag mouth like king kittans and it also appears to have the same line like features as well.

Still if the second upgrade is the Galactic Gurren Lagann it makes me wonder just what the heck the last upgrade is going to be?
Old 2007-09-08, 12:48   Link #1100
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrus View Post
Still if the second upgrade is the Galactic Gurren Lagann it makes me wonder just what the heck the last upgrade is going to be?
probably just going to combine with the dai-gurren dan, which will somehow make a giant robot appear (like in diebuster I suppose). everything else with gurren in it's name eventually transforms, this one really does seem to be the only one left.
Closed Thread