5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 0.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 0.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.49%
Voters: 403. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-11, 22:39   Link #1081
orangejuicetang

Rewatching this episode, I must say that the Britannian army is truely retarded. Okay, forget about leaving the Guren, the enemy's signature ace KMF, in the same building with the enemy's signature ace pilot which pilots said KMF after buffing up that KMF's abilites by 100 fold. But leaving an instruction manuel next to it? Are you freakin kidding me. Around 10:15: "It seems to be a bit different but here is the instruction manuel for it." Come on Lloyd. You left the instruction manuel there for them to convinetly find instead of taking it with you?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 22:40   Link #1082
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orin GA View Post
Except Lelouch was also RIGHT NEXT to the Blast and had to be pushed or he would have been caught up in the blast. And whats the next thing he did? Used the radio to contact rolo. Plus when you see a pan of the area, you dont see any nunally ship anywhere.

Im not saying she is dead for sure, but theres no she could have gotten out of there by traditional means.
You're quite right. But there's one thing that gives me a little hope that Nunnally may still be alive: the fact that the Emperor was at the outskirts of Area 11 during the battle. Remember, he has V.V.'s Code, so he might also have V.V.'s teleporting abilities. He could've warped Nunnally out of the blast. Why, however, would be anybody's guess.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 22:41   Link #1083
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Rewatching this episode, I must say that the Britannian army is truely retarded. Okay, forget about leaving the Guren, the enemy's signature ace KMF, in the same building with the enemy's signature ace pilot which pilots said KMF after buffing up that KMF's abilites by 100 fold. But leaving an instruction manuel next to it? Are you freakin kidding me. Around 10:15: "It seems to be a bit different but here is the instruction manuel for it." Come on Lloyd. You left the instruction manuel there for them to convinetly find instead of taking it with you?
Again, why would you not leave instructions with the device they describe? What if someone needs to move it? They may not be able to fly it, but they should at least be able to make it walk. It makes as much sense as keeping the key nearby.
Old 2008-08-11, 22:43   Link #1084
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
You're quite right. But there's one thing that gives me a little hope that Nunnally may still be alive: the fact that the Emperor was at the outskirts of Area 11 during the battle. Remember, he has V.V.'s Code, so he might also have V.V.'s teleporting abilities. He could've warped Nunnally out of the blast. Why, however, would be anybody's guess.
Either way, we won't know anything right away. Until the writers and the official site say they're dead and not missing, they're are not dead in my eyes.
Old 2008-08-11, 22:48   Link #1085
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
This freya nuke scene kinda reminds me from Resident evil 3/apocalypse ending.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 22:50   Link #1086
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Again, why would you not leave instructions with the device they describe? What if someone needs to move it? They may not be able to fly it, but they should at least be able to make it walk. It makes as much sense as keeping the key nearby.
1. Because this Guren is more high-spec then the orignial Lancealot. And the test pilots for that before Suzuku could barely get it to shudder and twitch. I don't think that the random person would be able to move the Gurren by reading the manuel. You'd have to be really good with KMF to do that. Probably at ace level. Not many of those guys around.

2. They should have machinery to move KMF. Like cranes and stuff. They shouldn't need the pilot to come everytime they need the KMF to move.

3. This is an high-tech experimental weapon of war. It's like sneaking into a tank in a base and finding that the key's already in the ignition and there's an instruction manuel on the driver's seat. like they rewarding you for making it this far and they're asking you to steal it.

Edit:
Also, why would there be descriptions of the new weapons systems in the instruction manuel if they were just for basic movement. I say there was a description of how to use the new weapons in the manuel because I'm sure as hell Kallen didn't go, let's see he's attacking me, I need to do something here, what does this button do?, oh how nice a radiation frisbee, I'll chuck it at him, now he's at close range, I'll push another button, ah how nice MVS sword. It would make more sense that she found out about how to use the new weapons from the manuel, which brings up the question of why those would be in the manuel in the first place.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 22:55   Link #1087
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
1. Because this Guren is more high-spec then the orignial Lancealot. And the test pilots for that before Suzuku could barely get it to shudder and twitch. I don't think that the random person would be able to move the Gurren by reading the manuel. You'd have to be really good with KMF to do that. Probably at ace level. Not many of those guys around.

2. They should have machinery to move KMF. Like cranes and stuff. They shouldn't need the pilot to come everytime they need the KMF to move.

3. This is an high-tech experimental weapon of war. It's like sneaking into a tank in a base and finding that the key's already in the ignition and there's an instruction manuel on the driver's seat. like they rewarding you for making it this far and they're asking you to steal it.
1. He did say some got it to move slowly. That would be enough for general indoor movement.

2. Sometimes they might need to do something the crane can't. Like move it to a different level or something.

3. Remember, they said they located it. It probably was well-guarded and the key stored safely. They just killed all the guards. Also, the instruction manual wasn't a book, it was a schematic on a console. It's just pulling up a file. Why bother to transfer the instruction manual to backup media and carry it with you when no one can use the machine anyway?
Old 2008-08-11, 22:56   Link #1088
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orin GA View Post
Except Lelouch was also RIGHT NEXT to the Blast and had to be pushed or he would have been caught up in the blast. And whats the next thinhg he did? Used the radio to contaact rolo. Plus when you see a pan of the area, you dont see any nunally ship anywhere.

Im not saying she is dead for sure, but theres no she could have gotten out of there by traditional means.
Something urks me about the whole scene. During the actual episode, the ground blast was right next to the ocean. But in the preview, it gets moved closer to land...and not touching the ocean. Might not hold any significance though...
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 22:57   Link #1089
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Something urks me about the whole scene. During the actual episode, the ground blast was right next to the ocean. But in the preview, it gets moved closer to land...and not touching the ocean. Might not hold any significance though...
No it wasn't. Look closely. There are buildings and waterways, not an ocean.
Old 2008-08-11, 23:00   Link #1090
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri View Post
This freya nuke scene kinda reminds me from Resident evil 3/apocalypse ending.
Really?
Reminds me more of the ending of.. Was it Dino Crisis 2?
With the timeportal.. Exploding? Or whatever?

THEY GOT BLASTED INTO THE PAST!
Worriors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 23:13   Link #1091
Slighted

Is there a list of who died in this episode?

EDIT: Rolo should have been able to save Nunnally though (if she is dead). Apparently Rolo was able to get into his stolen KnightMare and survive.

The next episode is titled 'Betrayal'. I wonder who betrays whom? LL and Rolo? BK and Toudou? Ougi? Can't wait for next week!

Last edited by Slighted; 2008-08-11 at 23:27.
Slighted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 23:17   Link #1092
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slighted View Post
Is there a list of who died in this episode?
Luciano, Kinoshita, two more Glaston Knights, the four Valkyrie pilots, Lord Greog, and countless nameless/faceless soldiers.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2008-08-11 at 23:33.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 23:24   Link #1093
Sinn
Pwnage

You forgot Luciano's Chicks.
Old 2008-08-11, 23:30   Link #1094
mandarb916

wasn't there an old animage or new type or what not interview with Nazuki Kaori in which she said she was getting a lot more air-time in late august through september? it seems unlikely that there'd be a lot of scripting for nunally as Lelouch looks back to past memories or what not...atleast, I don't think there's been significant scripting like that for any character that's died or what not in R1 or R2...
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 23:30   Link #1095
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Poor Valkyries, they didn't even know what happened. Kinda disappointing that they died so suddenly, but that's what you get for fucking with Zero when her bodyguard is running around is an uber mech.
Old 2008-08-11, 23:32   Link #1096
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
You forgot Luciano's Chicks.
So I did. I'll go fix that.
Old 2008-08-11, 23:33   Link #1097
Sinn
Pwnage

Quote:
EDIT: Rolo should have been able to save Nunnally though (if she is dead). Apparently Rolo was able to get into his stolen KnightMare and survive.
He won't and he'll die even if he tries to save Nunally.
Old 2008-08-11, 23:34   Link #1098
Slighted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Luciano, Kinoshita, two more Glaston Knights, the four Valkyrie pilots, Lord Greog, and countless nameless/faceless soldiers.
Thanks.

Damn this thread goes by so fast haha.

I really don't want to get into an argument over something small so yeah, post on!
Slighted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 23:36   Link #1099
Sinn
Pwnage

What argument O.O ?

If its me then sorry lol I just wanna say that rolo can't save Nunally because his Geass can't do anything on freya.
Old 2008-08-11, 23:41   Link #1100
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Damn, those valkyrie pilots looked pretty good, specially the 2nd one
On a more serious note, if Nunally is priority item no.1 and Karen/Guren Seiten priority item no.3, then just what is priority item no.2?
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote