Gamilas Falls

So. Many. Uses.
Old 2008-07-15, 19:51   Link #11002
FiREwing

Deja vu? I don't get it.
Old 2008-07-15, 19:55   Link #11003
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Several of these matchup have happened before in one Saimoe or another. Shinku vs Rika for instance was from last year where Rika barely beat Shinku to advance to the final against Nagi.
Old 2008-07-15, 19:56   Link #11004
Ichigo-Sora
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Ruby 2 Votes:
Old 2008-07-15, 19:56   Link #11005
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Ruby 2 has begun. Warning: Voter may experience a little deja vu.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2eUopy9sd8

Spoiler for Ruby 2 votes:
Old 2008-07-15, 19:58   Link #11006
LazyCanuck
I do nothing all the time

Spoiler for votes :S:

Having now watched some of Higurashi I've voted a tad differently with votes for Rena, Rika, and Mion, and i even voted for Hinagiku cause her new avatar is win
Old 2008-07-15, 20:11   Link #11007
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

<FiREwin> i bet
<FiREwin> she is a loli like you
<FiREwin> and FiRewing
<+Chiharu> xDD;;
<+Chiharu> I don't think she'll know who I am though
<+LVD> Dammit 53.6%.
<FiREwin> and you guys can have an epic Higurashi loli threesome
<FiREwin> Hanyuu Rika
<FiREwin> and uh
<+LVD> SATOKO.
<+Chiharu> RIKA-CHAN
<FiREwin> FiREwing
<FiREwin> can be Satoko
<FiREwin> because she rages
<+Chiharu> Awww, unknown compatibility
<+LVD> Can I watch ;___;
<FiREwin> yeds
<FiREwin> *yes
<FiREwin> I'll be hiding in the closet
<FiREwin> with my video camera
<+Chiharu> wait what
<FiREwin> o hi
<+Chiharu> oh dear.
<+LVD> me too, me too.
<+LVD> since I can't join.
<FiREwin> you can
<FiREwin> become
<FiREwin> a loli
<FiREwin> or be Rena
<+LVD> OMOCHIKAERI~
Old 2008-07-15, 20:14   Link #11008
FiREwing

I need to make that 5-4koma. I'm going back to IRC
Old 2008-07-15, 20:58   Link #11009
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Proofreading the page minhtam asked for. Copy and paste from the other thread, before I deleted it:

I'm a little aggressive [At least, I think so.] when it comes to proofreading, so I'll frequently provide alternates instead of just pointing out the problem and leaving you to rephrase it. Also, if I decide to go back and look at this again, I might go and change parts of it.

- Like the International Saimoe League, this is a Saimoe contest.

This doesn't convey the point. People who are unfamiliar with the word, "Saimoe," will not understand what it's trying to say. If they do understand what, "Saimoe," means, then there's no point in this sentence being there, since it's just stating the obvious [Saimoe 2008 is Saimoe. People die when they are killed.].

- However, the Anime Saimoe Tournament of Japan is the most widely recognized Saimoe contest in that it is the first.

This might be personal preference, but it would reduce the wordiness if, "Anime Saimoe Tournament of Japan" was changed to, "Japan's Saimoe Tournament" [Anime is implied.]. "in that" has a better replacement, like, "because" or, "since" Actually, I'd rephrase it like this, but you don't have to:

However, since Japan's Saimoe Tournament was created before the International Saimoe League, it is more widely recognized.

If you were trying to emphasize the fact that it's the most widely recognized tournament out of all of the others, emphasize that, since it seems you're only talking about ISML and Saimoe.

- It is hosted by the Japanese board 2channel.

- Actually, there are two websites you can follow, both of which are listed below:

"Actually" is superfluous. This sentence seems like it's comma spliced [Although, since 'which' is there, I'm not sure], so I might rephrase the second clause to, "which are both listed below."

-As opposed to ISML, which tries to determine the single most female moe character of all-time, Saimoe Japan determines the single most female moe character among a few thousand candidates from anime released in the previous fiscal year.

"Single", in both instances, is superfluous. The way you ordered the adjectives makes it seem like you're trying to determine who is the most female ["most female"]. In fact, maybe you should leave the "female" part out, since it should be placed as an answer to the, "What is it?" question. "All-time" is not a compound noun. "among a few thousand candidates" can be taken out, since it serves no purpose.

------
What does #-odd [Like "120-odd" and "3000-odd"] mean? Wouldn't it be easier to understand if it were, "around 120" or, "about 3000"?
------

-The 3000 odd candidates are put into 20 groups, and each group will be up for vote per day

The groups aren't up for votes. The contestants are.

-For each group, 1st through 9th Place will advance to the main tournament, while 10th to 30th will move to the second preliminary round, both of which will be explained below.

I'm guessing you mean, "For each group, the contestants who place 1st through 9th". It might not be very clear, because you put that the groups are up for voting. Then again, I might be underestimating the readers [Yeah, I had to.].

- If there is a tie for 9th place, both will advance to the main tournament, as well as if there is a tie for 30th to the second preliminary round.

Awkward phrasing. How about, "If there's a tie for 9th place, both will advance to the main tournament. If there's a tie for 30th place, both will advance to the second preliminary round."

Actually, why don't you place this information:
- while 10th to 30th will move to the second preliminary round

Into the section that explains the second preliminary round? That way, you can take the "tie for 30th place" information, and place it there.

-For each round, there is a match of two or three candidates, and you are allowed to pick one.

Repeats itself with "For each round, there is a match". How about, "Two or three candidates compete each round, and you pick one."

-At the end of the tournament, which is most likely in the first week of November, a champion will emerge.

You don't need this sentence, since it states the obvious. If your intent is to say that the end of the tournament will most likely be in the first week of November, say that instead.

-Unfortunately, this isn't as a free vote as the ISML voting page.

What? You mean it costs something?
Anyway, joke aside, you might want to rephrase this.

-Go to the code generator and generate a code. The code will be generated at that point.

Really? I figured I'd have to pay for voting at that point.
Take out, "The code will be generated at that point." It's repeating the same thing, and the same thing's being said.

You might want to add a picture to this section, so it'll be easier to follow. The way it's being explained is really... poor.
You also might want to explain voting more. Otherwise, tell them good luck on finding the voting page.

-It will be easier to do cut and paste, however.

"cut and paste" is generally seen as a verb. You don't need, "do".

-who usually tip the votes to an unfair advantage.

Please rephrase this, or change it so it'll explain multi-voting.
By the way, I laughed at, "Sorry, but that's not my department."

-The Anime Saimoe Tournament of Japan has lately been accepting votes internationally, although votes are weighted toward Japanese voters.

How are votes weighted towards Japanese voters? If you mean, "The majority of the votes are Japanese," then you didn't convey it. I read it as, "Japanese votes count more than international votes."
Also, you might as well change the verb tense, since they still are accepting votes internationally [Lately?]. How about, "The Anime Saimoe Tournament of Japan accepts votes internationally, although a majority of the voters are Japanese."?

-Also, the top 8 candidates from this contest receive automatic bids to ISML 2009 and will have the guaranteed opportunity to take on some of the most moe candidates of all time face-to-face, including Shana, Kagami Hiiragi, and Kyou Fujibayashi.

Since 2009 hasn't happened yet, either change the verb tense [the top 8 candidates from this contest will receive], or take out 2009 [the top 8 candidates from this contest receive automatic bids to ISML].

Also, you don't need, "and will have the guaranteed opportunity to take on some of the most moe candidates of all time face-to-face, including Shana, Kagami Hiiragi, and Kyou Fujibayashi." Aside from the fact that Kyou, Shana, and Kagami are in Saimoe 2009, it would make sense that if Kyou, Shana, and Kagami are in ISML, and those candidates are in ISML, then they would face each other.
Old 2008-07-15, 21:15   Link #11010
wontaek

Mein Gott! Korean Anime posts just lit up with Tomoyo episode released today. That may have some implications here and in Korea Best Moe.
Old 2008-07-15, 21:22   Link #11011
imbehindyou
turn around...

Nanoha-chan!

More Tomoyo support... wait, she doesn't need more support when she already beat like 7 moe-tournament champions.

Spoiler for Ruby 2 Votes:

yuuki kanade @ fortune arterial
Old 2008-07-15, 21:22   Link #11012
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

That sounds fun. Is Tomoyo's schedule easy?
Old 2008-07-15, 21:27   Link #11013
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Ruby Match 2 Votes

Spoiler for :

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Old 2008-07-15, 21:27   Link #11014
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
That sounds fun. Is Tomoyo's schedule easy?
Somewhat, although after barely defeating Nanoha, she has no chance to win the ruby necklace. Not when Kagami will win 8 outof her 9 matches decisively..
Old 2008-07-15, 21:33   Link #11015
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Somewhat, although after barely defeating Nanoha, she has no chance to win the ruby necklace. Not when Kagami will win 8 outof her 9 matches decisively..
So is there anyone who has a chance at beating Kagami?
Old 2008-07-15, 21:38   Link #11016
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
No chance at all. Unless Kagami loses to Kotomi, she has a free ride to winning a third necklace.
Old 2008-07-15, 21:39   Link #11017
mokuhazushi

Quote:
I think Kotomi has the only realistic chance, but Kagami will probably beat her. None of the others are very strong.
Old 2008-07-15, 21:56   Link #11018
imbehindyou
turn around...

Yea well, there are other characters with easy schedule as well, but Kagami's is too easy. Hopefully Kotomi will be enough to stop Kagami from winning a 3rd necklace.

Somewhat realistic chance of winning Ruby necklace:
Fate (Fuko, Nagisa) -- Fate-chan for necklace please
Haruhi (Konata) -- I wouldn't even mind God winning it.
Hinagiku (Saber, C.C.) -- Hina winning would be delightful.
Kagami (Kotomi) -- No.

yuuki kanade @ fortune arterial
Old 2008-07-15, 21:58   Link #11019
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well either Kagami losses to Kotomi, or someone with a nearly as easy schedule racks up a lot of votes...and I mean a whole lot of votes, because Kagami is raking them in right now at 400+ votes in almost every match verses anyone.

(Or some big fangroup comes in and suddenly dominates the League, or just builds up and defeats Kagami with someone other than Kotomi. I have no idea who could do that at all.)

(Hmmm, Haruhi. You know if the Lucky Star fan groups followed normal procedures, Konata would gladly bow before Haruhi and give up a win for her God Empress. Being #1 fan and all.)
Old 2008-07-15, 22:06   Link #11020
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Well, I guess Kagami wins?

Well, Haruhi could win, I guess. C.C. is really going to slow Hinagiku down, and I don't think she'll get enough votes to compete. I can't imagine Kagami losing to Kotomi, but if she does...

I hope Hinagiku plows through C.C.
Closed Thread

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, saimoe