Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-02-28, 10:19   Link #11141
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Actually we were expecting them to just do a longer final episode ala final plus.

Cutting it in half, and giving us two "new" episodes was not expected at all.
Same with Blazer-X, I was actually expecting this Final Plus splitting. Or to be precise, I was expecting two routes they will take: 1) either go with a lengthy episode to end it right there, or 2) somehow make it into two-episode finale ala Harry Potter & Twilight if they're still bound by the duration of a normal episode (On second thought, I should just forget everything about Twilight. Why the hell did I even mentioned it? ).
Old 2014-02-28, 10:29   Link #11142
weirdguy

From what you guys are saying, it seems that the battle is much more satisfying than the original. Can't wait to watch it later when I have time.
weirdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 10:37   Link #11143
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
From what you guys are saying, it seems that the battle is much more satisfying than the original. Can't wait to watch it later when I have time.
I'm not sure about the "much" part . Just few cool new scenes and some editing I'd say.
Old 2014-02-28, 11:06   Link #11144
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Since I can't watch it can somebody tell me what this episode covered? Did it cover the entirety of Freedom vs Legend and Justice vs Destiny & Impulse?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 11:17   Link #11145
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Or something along the lines of the SE editions with just new footage and no VA's, then drop a hint towards a movie, like the 5 things around Jupiter in 00.
Indeed, that's what I meant, something that wouldn't require new voice recording.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Since I can't watch it can somebody tell me what this episode covered? Did it cover the entirety of Freedom vs Legend and Justice vs Destiny & Impulse?
Yes, both battles have concluded.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 11:39   Link #11146
Aquaman OS

Quote:
The battle's are basically the same as final plus, in addition to the Final Plus/4th remaster battle scenes added, and a new scene where Infinite Justice puts its weapons away. That's it.

It IS however paced better as a result, with Shinn's defeat being the climax of an episode instead of in the middle of the finale.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 15:03   Link #11147
weirdguy

If they are making a full 24 min episode for the final, ir would obv. have Kira and Durandal confrontation, SE4 ending, and new scenes to make it full 24 min.
Old 2014-02-28, 15:18   Link #11148
monster

Quote:
If they are making a full 24 min episode for the final, ir would obv. have Kira and Durandal confrontation, SE4 ending, and new scenes to make it full 24 min.
Final Plus is about 45 minutes long, so they still have about 21 minutes left to cover next week. Add 1 minute for next week's opening and 1 minute for SEIV ending, and I think they're good at about 23 minutes long.
Old 2014-02-28, 15:21   Link #11149
weirdguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Final Plus is about 45 minutes long, so they still have about 21 minutes left to cover next week. Add 1 minute for next week's opening and 1 minute for SEIV ending, and I think they're good at about 23 minutes long.
If I remember correctly, Final Plus just extended the ending. So, with the final confrontation left, there is at least more than 10 minutes left, in addition to SE4's little ending, there should still be a little time left. So, they might add new scenes. Or somehow drag them to fit the full 24 minutes.

EDIT: I gotta admit. I like how they handled this episode. Especially with Shinn's defeat the final thing here in this episode.
Old 2014-02-28, 15:23   Link #11150
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
If I remember correctly, Final Plus just extended the ending. So, with the final confrontation left, there is at least more than 10 minutes left, in addition to SE4's little ending, there should still be a little time left. So, they might add new scenes. Or somehow drag them to fit the full 24 minutes.
Back to back openings and endings and every flash back...ever.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 15:31   Link #11151
monster

Quote:
All I can tell you is that, in Final Plus, Shinn's defeat ends at about the 24-minute mark in the 46-minute long video.
Old 2014-02-28, 15:42   Link #11152
weirdguy

Alright, so I just went back to the infamous comment section of Youtube and saw this one guy complaining that they used scenes from the opening in the fight... The complaining that people does for this series is getting more and more ridiculous over the years.
Old 2014-02-28, 16:11   Link #11153
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Alright, so I just went back to the infamous comment section of Youtube and saw this one guy complaining that they used scenes from the opening in the fight... The complaining that people does for this series is getting more and more ridiculous over the years.
The most common complaint I hear is about how Kira and Lacus (not Athrun and the rest of the Archangel) are wrong and yadayadayada. Some just come to troll.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 17:22   Link #11154
Skye629

Quote:
The most common complaint I hear is about how Kira and Lacus (not Athrun and the rest of the Archangel) are wrong and yadayadayada. Some just come to troll.
Awww come on, trolling those losers is fun as hell

They fall for the simplest bait ever
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 17:24   Link #11155
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
I think the worst one on Youtube is that Nataku or something. He comments on all the Gundam videos, even non seed series, about how "evil" Kira and Lacus are. There are also people who support the Destiny Plan of Chairman "Not A Char" Durundal, stating how Kira and Lacus should have died because the Destiny Plan would have magically solved everything and created a utopia. They also agree that Orb should been wiped off the face of the Earth, killing millions of people.

On another note, Infinite Justice looked the best in this episode. Those 5 beam sabers put almost every other melee mobile suit to shame.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 17:34   Link #11156
weirdguy

I don't know if you guys noticed. But the new scenes with the orb grunts were pretty cool too. But, as of now, I think this episode has the most improvements so far.
Old 2014-02-28, 17:45   Link #11157
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
On another note, Infinite Justice looked the best in this episode. Those 5 beam sabers put almost every other melee mobile suit to shame.
I didn't know IJ's hands were that big.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 10:28   Link #11158
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
I didn't know IJ's hands were that big.
To be more exact, IJ has those dual beam sabers, the beam boomerang that also makes his shield a beam saber, and beam sabers on his legs. There are also at least three beam saber type weapons on his jetpack.

He's a forest of beam sabers, the entire mobile suit is basically beam sabers. Maybe the succesor to IJ will have even more beam sabers. MUGEN NO BEAM SABER
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 13:43   Link #11159
Destined_Fate

Quote:
It is old but they aren't wrong, Kira and Lacus's solution is more of the same and we all know that more of the same means more wars and countless lives lost. Hell, Kira and Lacus didn't even do anything to prevent another Blue Cosmos from ever rising up as Logos was virtually unaffected by SEED events and just built up power until Destiny.

Due to their track record I wouldn't be surprised if in another year Supporters of the Late Durandal rise up again.

Logos at the very least was dealt with completely by Shinn and co. who had to take out the garbage that Kira refused to take out and allowed to fester under his watch.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 14:15   Link #11160
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Kira refused to take out and allowed to fester under his watch.
It's not his watch. Kira is a citizen of Orb, not ruler of the world.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep