AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2011-01-08, 21:57   Link #1101
whoahyuu

^ I also played the game on 2 different computers and transfered the SAVEDATA... could that be the problem?
whoahyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 21:58   Link #1102
whoahyuu

AFTER SOTRY UNLOCKED!
Because I had to replay Yukine's Epilouge >.< I forgot to after i trasnferred data. Thank you for your time tho! I'll add rep ^^
whoahyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 00:16   Link #1103
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Is there a merchandise of Fuko's starfish? I tried writing Fuko's starfish in Japanese (and I saw an image but forgot where of a merchandise... does anyone know if it's in their limited editions?)
Old 2011-01-17, 00:28   Link #1104
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Not that I know of...
Old 2011-01-29, 04:45   Link #1105
TehDarkness

http://lulzimg.com/i10/5f2277.gif

Just wondering if that is a real set of playing cards or if its photoshopped, If its a real set of playing cards, Would like to find the link to where to buy it if possible

Cheers
TehDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 20:45   Link #1106
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDarkness View Post
http://lulzimg.com/i10/5f2277.gif

Just wondering if that is a real set of playing cards or if its photoshopped, If its a real set of playing cards, Would like to find the link to where to buy it if possible

Cheers
You're in luck, since I remembered seeing them before...

TBS is selling them along with a mousepad on their online store. You'll need a proxy, but it's probably worth it. I'm actually tempted to order one myself, since I love that mousepad...
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 12:05   Link #1107
Tarcin

I started playing the Clannad game a few days ago. I had fun to begin with, but suddenly the game just kind of ended with something similar to the opening scene without anything really happening. I think the date was 26th of April. Is that how it's supposed to go? Did I just fuck up? Or is there something wrong with my version? Any help would be appreciated seeing as I've never really played a visual novel before.
Tarcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 12:20   Link #1108
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarcin View Post
I started playing the Clannad game a few days ago. I had fun to begin with, but suddenly the game just kind of ended with something similar to the opening scene without anything really happening. I think the date was 26th of April. Is that how it's supposed to go? Did I just fuck up? Or is there something wrong with my version? Any help would be appreciated seeing as I've never really played a visual novel before.
There are many many possibilities at April 26, and I can't remember them all... What did the narrator say just before the game ended?

You could've gotten a Bad Ending (i.e. you stuffed up)... most of us get those, don't worry. Just restart (or load a saved game from an earlier point) and make different choices! Visual novels are like that: Where the story goes is affected by your choices. Tip: If you don't want to re-read the parts you've already seen (which is understandable, since Clannad is VERY long), right-click any time during the story and select "skip previously read text".

Welcome to the world of Clannad, and visual novels!

Last edited by Polarem; 2011-02-16 at 12:27. Reason: Clarify
Polarem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 12:35   Link #1109
Tarcin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarem View Post
There are many many possibilities at April 26, and I can't remember them all... What did the narrator say just before the game ended?

You could've gotten a Bad Ending (i.e. you stuffed up)... most of us get those, don't worry. Just restart (or load a saved game from an earlier point) and make different choices! Visual novels are like that: Where the story goes is affected by your choices. Tip: If you don't want to re-read the parts you've already seen (which is understandable, since Clannad is VERY long), right-click any time during the story and select "skip previously read text".

Welcome to the world of Clannad, and visual novels!
Thanks xD You're probably right that I got the bad ending. I tried to jump back and just skip through to a lot of choices to see if I could make it work some other way though, and I couldn't get it to. Maybe I just didnt interact with enough of the girls or smt. I kinda avoided some of the ones I didnt want to deal with.

I was mainly going for tomoyo, but I felt like I got cheated out of an ending involving her. Everything was going well when my main character suddenly went through a long sequence without any choice where he basically insulted her alot to make her stay away... That kinda pissed me off and I have no idea how to make sure that doesnt happen.
Old 2011-02-16, 13:03   Link #1110
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Clannad can be tricky... on some girls' routes, you need to interact with certain other girls, but on some other routes, you need to AVOID specific girls. And sometimes, seemingly-unrelated choices (e.g. stay in bed or get up?) also affect the outcome. That is one aspect of the game I found tiring... but the stories are awesome

Spoiler for Tomoyo hint:

If things get frustrating, walkthroughs are a great resource.

Last edited by Polarem; 2011-02-16 at 13:13. Reason: Hint
Old 2011-02-16, 13:34   Link #1111
Tarcin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarem View Post
Clannad can be tricky... on some girls' routes, you need to interact with certain other girls, but on some other routes, you need to AVOID specific girls. And sometimes, seemingly-unrelated choices (e.g. stay in bed or get up?) also affect the outcome. That is one aspect of the game I found tiring... but the stories are awesome

Spoiler for Tomoyo hint:

If things get frustrating, walkthroughs are a great resource.
ok. I'll try to play through it a few different ways then. I pretty much avoided every1 other than Kyou and Tomoyo because I wanted to focus on them for this playthrough. Just wasn't prepared for how that could end up. Thanks for the help. *back to playing Clannad*
Old 2011-02-28, 11:35   Link #1112
tatoearashiga

i am just wondering what does the term "clannad" mean? Also, how did the author come up with that name?
tatoearashiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 16:41   Link #1113
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatoearashiga View Post
i am just wondering what does the term "clannad" mean? Also, how did the author come up with that name?
I'm quite curious of this as well when I searched it up, it was the name of a band apparently.
Old 2011-02-28, 18:54   Link #1114
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I'm quite curious of this as well when I searched it up, it was the name of a band apparently.
I believe the story is that Key thought it was an Irish word for "clan", which they used because of Clannad's main theme being family and friends... and then it turned out it wasn't actually a word and was just made up for the band's name.

Though don't trust me on this, since I'm probably just repeating a rumor.

Last edited by xBTAx; 2011-03-01 at 19:43.
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 01:17   Link #1115
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Clannad, in Irish, means Family.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 06:04   Link #1116
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

I think "Clann" means "family"/"children" in Irish. According to the dictionary at http://www.dil.ie/, "Clannad" happens to be old Irish for "planting", as in flowers (which probably isn't what Key had in mind )

Interestingly, one Clannad's music albums (by Key, not the Irish band) is Mabinogi, which refers to a collection of medieval Welsh stories

British culture, much?
Old 2011-03-01, 09:03   Link #1117
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

I believe the confusion came from the existence of the band "CLANNAD", and that Polarem is correct with the proper term.

Or, possibly, Rule of Cool.
Old 2011-03-01, 16:47   Link #1118
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
I believe the confusion came from the existence of the band "CLANNAD", and that Polarem is correct with the proper term.
The band threw me off mostly
Old 2011-03-02, 18:15   Link #1119
commando

I want more of Clannad.
Ive only watched the anime and the movie. What are some clannad mangas out there that I can read? or games. (with english sub).

thanks
commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 20:17   Link #1120
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando View Post
I want more of Clannad.
Ive only watched the anime and the movie. What are some clannad mangas out there that I can read? or games. (with english sub).

thanks
Clannad was originally a Visual Novel by KEY and later was adapted into an anime. The game itself has significantly more content than the anime, particularly during the characters' high school lives. If you want more Clannad I'd suggest looking into that.