3 out of 10 : Bad 6 1.33%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.44%
1 out of 10 : Painful 29 6.44%
Voters: 450. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-07, 23:07   Link #1121
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
The entire world doesn't have to fight directly to be against him. They only have to be united in wanting him dead.
How the hell is that going to bring peace?

Right after World War II, America started making allies in preperation for the Cold War, as did Russia, and they fought on the same side.

I can see a storyline where Japanese fighting with French soldiers find out they have a lot in common, and hang out, but for the life of me I can't see this turning into Gundam Wing, where mankind all of a sudden decides to go for World Peace.

"And so the mad Emperor Lelouch was killed, and the Knightmare Frame was never heard from again."

From Taniguchi's point of view I can see it because Japanese are a very ethnocentric people so their world view tends to be limited to America, Chinese, and South Korea. By the way Japan hates all three of those countries.

And as I stated if the ending only has China and Japan fighting I can't see how Lelouch has caused the entire world to fight him. How is Britannia going to want to revolt? If his trying to get the world to revolt his doing a shitty job since only Schneizel's group (which is lead by an evil madman), Japan and China want to fight.

I mean if you had to be a bad leader to have people revolt we would have had like 10 revolutions by now.

The only way I can see this happening is if someone like Cornelia sees that Schneizel is just as bad as Lelouch so she takes Nunnaly and joins with the UFN, and fight against both Schneizel and Lelouch but that leaves the vast majority with Lelouch.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 23:08   Link #1122
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
No. It's similar to the shield kick thing on the Conquista, just better.
Pin-Point Barrier Deadalus attack... with legs
Old 2008-09-07, 23:13   Link #1123
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I am talking about the fact that their doesn't seem to be any Drama its Seed Destiny all over again.

If he can block Fleija than Schneizel is screwed unless the Black Knights come to his aid.
Don't give me that. Seed Destiny's issue was that it was boring as hell and never went anywhere. I think few people will disagree with the notion that Code Geass is an interesting show even if it has some faults. Even the most one sided of battles in Code Geass has also never suffered from endless stock footage like those in Gundam Seed Destiny so I also say they are nothing alike. That and that whole problem Gundam Seed Destiny had with presenting everything in terms of black and white is completely absent in Code Geass and everyone is pretty much a shade grey at this point. A dark gray, but gray nonetheless. Even Nunally is about to get her hands dirty for the first time and thank god because I always felt she was too much of a mary sue up to this point.

Anyway, Episode 22 is up for those interested. Keep in mind words and deep thought.....yes?

Anyway I gave this episode a 7 for some faults such as developments happening of camera (Nina's return to Ashford anyone) and a mixed bag mecha battle during the middle portion. I like the return to political intrigue from the fantasy like Geass arc a lot, but I resent again that we can't be at least somewhat privy to what Lelouch's Zero Requiem plan entails before heading into the final arc. A little....just a little information would help instead of the usual vague dialogue. I mean there's leaving things up to interpretation and then there's just giving nothing at all. I mean come on a little. Even I have reason to be a little upset there even though I can still guess at Lelouch's plans based off of his past actions a little. Anyway, I'll be pumping my fist the moment somebody finally drops Schneizel. A part of me hopes it will be Nunally who does it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 23:16   Link #1124
Ypocaramel

Did not like the way they handled the Rounds. Too many, too little time. I'm fine with Monica and them just getting blown up, but they tried to develop both Bismarck and Luciano and failed to do either. Should be picked one and spent more time on him.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 23:16   Link #1125
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I feel bad for Xingke, his talents are wasted with the Black Knights. It's like he's the only person there that has any foresight. It was funny seeing Ougi and the rest of those clowns act as if they had anything under control. Lol, they stand absolutely no chance against Lelouch's intellect, his army, and his Knight. Hopefully Schneizel turns out to be a worthy opponent. Or is he just Dullandal v2.0?

Anyways, I have a feeling the final battle will be fought on a chessboard, and every time someone makes a move they have to launch a Flaija.

Did I mention how bad ass the new Britannian uniforms are? They even get a sliding mask, how cool is that?! I'd volunteer to get geassed just to wear one of those, although I'd prefer a live on attached to the command >_>
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 23:23   Link #1126
El_Lazy_Mexican
Thank you for smoking

This all started out with Lelouch pwning the noble in a chess game in Stage 1

I wouldn't be suprised if it went full circle and Lelouch and Schneizel battle it out over chess while everyone is getting nuked and all
El_Lazy_Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 23:34   Link #1127
scifijimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Lazy_Mexican View Post
This all started out with Lelouch pwning the noble in a chess game in Stage 1

I wouldn't be suprised if it went full circle and Lelouch and Schneizel battle it out over chess while everyone is getting nuked and all
As previously stated, totally anti-climatic.
scifijimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 23:48   Link #1128
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

On Nunally issue:
Here's my first "I told you so".

I have the feeling I get to say it again next week on another issue.

Where are those people how feverishly mocked and flamed anyone claiming the possibility of her survival now?
Oh, ye of little faith....
Old 2008-09-07, 23:50   Link #1129
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
On Nunally issue:
Here's my first "I told you so".

I have the feeling I get to say it again next week on another issue.

Where are those people how feverishly mocked and flamed anyone claiming the possibility of her survival now?
Oh, ye of little faith....
Lol. How about Nunnally is evil?
Old 2008-09-07, 23:50   Link #1130
Nobodyman9
Banned

Ah, we have a lot going on this episode.

-Lelouch is liberating/destroying the world and Suzaku takes out four Knight of Rounds. Nothing's gonna stop us now! ...well, except maybe one crazy half-brother.

-Did I hear right that Lelouch is going to be a tyrant to fudge out Euphemia's "Massacre Princess" title? ...makes perfect sense.

-And of the course the (in)famous Kalulu moment (depending on your POV). All right, so all three girls have had their kiss so all the shippers can be happy. I still believe that Lelouch will be alone/dead at the end of the series. I don't see where this death flag for Kallen that people are talking about is coming from. My otaku senses must be out of whack (well, they did say farewell).

-Oh, and about Nina. When she said that some countries were targeting her, does that mean they want her dead, or that they want her to make more FLEIJAs?

-And, last but not least, Nunnally is alive. Of course most of us already knew it, so no big surprise. So, uh, does she know that big brother Schneizel just wiped an entire city off the map?

And with that we have three - count 'em - THREE episodes left! You can practically hear the clock ticking.

*tick-tock* *tick-tock* *tick-tock*
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 23:53   Link #1131
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
-And of the course the (in)famous Kalulu moment (depending on your POV). All right, so all three girls have had their kiss so all the shippers can be happy. I still believe that Lelouch will be alone/dead at the end of the series. I don't see where this death flag for Kallen that people are talking about is coming from. My otaku senses must be out of whack (well, they did say farewell).
Shippers happy? Such a thing is impossible, unless of course they had sex on the stairs. The death flag comes from the fact that this very silent goodbye, on Lelouch's part, still needs to be resolved. It won't be until Lelouch actually answers her question. Combine that with her gum line and you get something that has the potential to be a death-bed confession.
Old 2008-09-07, 23:54   Link #1132
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Sex on the stairs? Well. As interesting as that'd be, this isn't A History of Violence. So... yeah.
Old 2008-09-07, 23:59   Link #1133
arkxkra
全力全開

good episode.

Lelouch look like want to take the blame himself from now on, pretend? to become evil. At the end Lelouch sure was shock, Nunnally alive. It look like next episode Lelouch lost again after know his sister alive.

Suzaku already god level, so fast to take down 4 knight.
Old 2008-09-08, 00:00   Link #1134
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Shippers happy? Such a thing is impossible, unless of course they had sex on the stairs. The death flag comes from the fact that this very silent goodbye, on Lelouch's part, still needs to be resolved. It won't be until Lelouch actually answers her question. Combine that with her gum line and you get something that has the potential to be a death-bed confession.
Ha ha, you make an excellent point. Shippers are gluttons for romance and Code Geass has been giving it very sparingly. But hey, at least Kallen and C.C. shippers still have a chance (unlike us Shirley shippers).

Oh, and thanks for the death flag explanation.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 00:02   Link #1135
rpgman1

To think that Arthur is alive (lucky cat that seems to have nine lives) . Maybe we get some revelations about the Zero Requiem, since he already predicted Schneizel's first move of destroying the capital of Britannia with FLEIA. My gosh, could Nunnally be this dense? I was hoping Orange would use his Geass Canceller to open Nunnally's eyes and probably reveal the true memories since Charles' Geass probably did rewrite Nunnally's memories as well. Schneizel is almost too similar to Alejandro Corner, but he seems to have his own agenda (sitting atop of Damocles looks riduculous enough). It's all these mind games Schneizel is playing to exploit any weaknesses Lelouch has. This is just like a chess game (made me think about the chess pieces back when the Black King has blood on it and still standing).
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 00:17   Link #1136
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
lolwhut? Kaguya hasn't had her chance yet... did she? That "3 girls" should be Kaguya, Kallen & C.C. right? or you meant Shirley?

Kallen deathflag is imminent. Lelouch is not to have a happy ending like what most fairy tales have.

for my type of ending: Nunnally killing off her own brother by her own hands and crying her heart out in the process, thus, living in despair and miserably. One of the reason why I never believed she was dead
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 00:20   Link #1137
Eiontalos

Quote:
Ah, we have a lot going on this episode.

-Lelouch is liberating/destroying the world and Suzaku takes out four Knight of Rounds. Nothing's gonna stop us now! ...well, except maybe one crazy half-brother.

-Did I hear right that Lelouch is going to be a tyrant to fudge out Euphemia's "Massacre Princess" title? ...makes perfect sense.

-Oh, and about Nina. When she said that some countries were targeting her, does that mean they want her dead, or that they want her to make more FLEIJAs?

-And, last but not least, Nunnally is alive. Of course most of us already knew it, so no big surprise. So, uh, does she know that big brother Schneizel just wiped an entire city off the map?

And with that we have three - count 'em - THREE episodes left! You can practically hear the clock ticking.

*tick-tock* *tick-tock* *tick-tock*
I'm going to take a stab at this and say it's because they want FLEIJAs. Only Brittianians and Japanese have died so far from FREIJA, so I don't see why other countries would be too upset at her. Although they could decide to kill her after learning her secret though.
Eiontalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 00:23   Link #1138
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
lolwhut? Kaguya hasn't had her chance yet... did she? That "3 girls" should be Kaguya, Kallen & C.C. right? or you meant Shirley?

Kallen deathflag is imminent. Lelouch is not to have a happy ending like what most fairy tales have.

for my type of ending: Nunnally killing off her own brother by her own hands and crying her heart out in the process, thus, living in despair and miserably. One of the reason why I never believed she was dead
He meant Shirley. Kaguya wasn't much of a contender in the first place.
Old 2008-09-08, 00:23   Link #1139
strategos

Just one word: DAMNN!!!! I was in shock when I saw Lunally. I knew she was dead, 'cause all death end dramatic. Still, didnt expected this. Diethard is crazy:P. Well, I guess Lelouch wants that all the anger that the people still have get concentrated into one final blow to end war. Reminds me of Milliardo PeaceCraft or should I say, Zech Marquis. The Man that become evil itself in order to destroy all wars. This is getting so close to Gundam Wing. Just like Gundam 00 is getting closer to Gundam Wing.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 00:32   Link #1140
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
He meant Shirley. Kaguya wasn't much of a contender in the first place.
I see

i was just searching for a reason to say out Kaguya-hime's name again and again.
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote