AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-06, 02:22   Link #1121
Ickarium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
The ribbon itself wasn't as important the ridiculously amount of time Harutora and she spent together looking for it. I don't think Kyouko has ever met someone who go so far her something so small even when they just met. So she developed something of a idealized crush. Even if ribbon had never been found as long as the promise (essentially herself and the day) was itself wasn't forgotten she would have been happy. The ribbon was meant as more of a memento.
Well yeah, but the implication is almost like she sees it as a childhood marriage promise or something. She's blowing it way out of proportion. I mean, yeah, sad Harutora forgot but he forgot that he said he'd find her ribbon for gosh sakes.
Old 2014-02-06, 03:49   Link #1122
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
Well yeah, but the implication is almost like she sees it as a childhood marriage promise or something. She's blowing it way out of proportion. I mean, yeah, sad Harutora forgot but he forgot that he said he'd find her ribbon for gosh sakes.
Maybe she said something along those lines when they ended their search - so basically between the ribbon search and the point where the scene starts.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 04:08   Link #1123
Iron Maw
Banned

I want also note that according to LN the ribbon was heirloom/keepsake from her grandmother Miyo. So that plays a factor too. Oddly enough, this wasn't mentioned in manga adaptation. But then again while rare it wouldn't be the first time something like went unmentioned in there.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 04:27   Link #1124
SinsI

Do note that was Harutora's recollection of their meeting, so he actually remembered the promise - although after Kyouko already confessed her feelings for Natsume to him - he just didn't bring it up.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 07:27   Link #1125
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Do note that was Harutora's recollection of their meeting, so he actually remembered the promise - although after Kyouko already confessed her feelings for Natsume to him - he just didn't bring it up.
It didn't look like he quite remembered or at at least the his memory seem a little hazy/fragmented about the encounter.

Also I forgot to mention this, but when Amami brought up Suzuka's father in his conversation with Genji, he said something interesting, his maiden name was Souma.

So, that means his actual name is Shidou Souma and Dairenji is most likely his wife instead of other way around. If that's the case this means that Takiko and Suzuka are related by blood. However, Suzuka, seems to show no reaction to the name Takiko Souma...

Might be something to keep in mind for the future.
Old 2014-02-06, 08:44   Link #1126
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
So, that means his actual name is Shidou Souma and Dairenji is most likely his wife instead of other way around. If that's the case this means that Takiko and Suzuka are related by blood. However, Suzuka, seems to show no reaction to the name Takiko Souma...
She shows no reaction to anything but Kon at all

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 17:02   Link #1127
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

In terms of bad girls on this show....I kinda like Vibrator Chan better than Takiko....
Old 2014-02-06, 17:56   Link #1128
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
She shows no reaction to anything but Kon at all
Dude, do you see my avatar? That's not look of someone who shows no reaction to anything to put it mildly.

But I guess this does mean that she knew very little about her father even though he died only 3 years ago.
Old 2014-02-06, 18:05   Link #1129
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

About Harutora's so called "god vision", how great is it compared to other onmyouji, as well as Miyoshi (DG with OP spirit sight)?
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 18:07   Link #1130
Iron Maw
Banned

Shouldn't that be asked in the LN thread? You have little chance of anyone answering you here.
Old 2014-02-06, 18:14   Link #1131
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Shouldn't that be asked in the LN thread? You have little chance of anyone answering you here.
I forgot to look at the thread carefully because I was doing something else. Being distracted while multitasking is very dangerous.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 20:05   Link #1132
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
Thing that boggles me is Harutora's promise was apparently ... finding her ribbon or something?

Um. She blew that WAY out of proportion into some great romance.
Pfft. Between childhood friends, no event in their past is so minor that it can't be blown way out of proportion. Like realisitically, how does one promising to go to the same university together equals romance, or a guy making it momentarily snow during summer suddenly means the girl has to act like his wife a decade later, or getting back the other's teddy bear equals some sort of great connection? Even this cour has something as outrageous as being carried and swung around as THE reason why the girl wants to marry him years later. Like if one logically thinks about it, it's actually absurd, but I personally still can't help DAWWW and HNNNGGG when they do these flashbacks for some reason. XD

So yeah, the osananajimi trope can and will make any past event, no matter how minor or inconsequential, into some sort of sign that they are supposed to be together. I guess Kyouko (or heck I bet even Natsume) is of no exception.

Which I forget to mention before... welcome to the club now Kyouko. Wonder if we'll get any catfights now that Natsume not only lied to her for like an entire year, but now she's also her rival in love lol.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 20:22   Link #1133
BW95
Banned

Let's take this step by step. Kyouko discovered that Natsume was a girl and that Harutora clearly knew this. Kyouko hasn't found out that Harutora knew that he was the one she met when they were young. From her perspective, this would mean that throughout the whole time they were together, all 6 volumes and 15 episodes, after she told him the whole story, Harutora didn't once realize that he was the one she was after. You gotta admit that that is pretty devastating.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 20:39   Link #1134
Quol
That Guy

A good question would be; Whats the next episode going to be like?
-We have Natsume's identity revealed as a girl
-We have Harutora get a pretty big power boost
-One of the major leaders has become MIA
-The rest of the major leaders are now going to pay a visit to Natsume

If anything this episode was a pretty good set up for the latter
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 22:20   Link #1135
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I wonder what if Harutora and Natsume were switched at birth. If Harutora is Yaku and Yaku reincarnates into the head of the household, then Harutora was born in the main branch and not the side branch.
Old 2014-02-07, 04:22   Link #1136
rpgkiller999

I sincerely don't know how to answer Orion's post, except keep watching =)
rpgkiller999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 05:16   Link #1137
Ickarium

That's honestly my guess at this point. Kind of like that chibi vampire show, maybe, where Harutora's powers were bound at birth too. So they know he has the potential to be uber-powerful, they swap him with Natsume (which if you think about it is really damn cruel to both of them) and spiritually cripple him for a time.

If that's the case, I wonder if he broke whatever block they had when he went Big Damn Heroes(tm) with Razor.

I'm looking forward to seeing. I hope the translator translates the rest too, I'm looking forward to reading it as well as watching it. They're like six or eight episodes back in their translation. Though are doing awesome so far.
Old 2014-02-07, 07:42   Link #1138
Zilch_Saber
+ Demonic_Angel +
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgkiller999 View Post
Totally Agree
Old 2014-02-07, 21:25   Link #1139
Preciize
Them Feels~

I don't know if it was just me, but as someone who doesn't read the LN I found this episode difficult to follow along to what was going on. I had to go read several pages of this thread to understand what happened. After reading all the posts, it makes me think that the episode was a bit poorly executed because of all the things that were cut out from the LN. Or maybe I'm just not very bright

Anyways, glad to see Harutora improve tremendously this episode.
Old 2014-02-07, 21:29   Link #1140
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgkiller999 View Post
That's the correct answer.

I'm thinking it's either switched at birth or those 2 were from a twin birth. (That would make Harutora and Natsume siblings as they are both powerful.) The twins were separated, his powers got locked and he was given to the other family for safe keeping.

I kind of like "twins separated at birth" one due to that would mean all the Harutora x Natsume shippers were boarding an incest ship. It would be fun to see the fallout. It would also be the less cruel option.

Tags
action, comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen, supernatural anime