Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-07, 21:37   Link #1141
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I kind of like "twins separated at birth" one due to that would mean all the Harutora x Natsume shippers were boarding an incest ship. It would be fun to see the fallout. It would also be the less cruel option.
Hey.. twincest is wincest....

...right? right?
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 21:49   Link #1142
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
Hey.. twincest is wincest....

...right? right?
Well, they are technically related by blood. Someone remind me if it's legal to marry a blood related cousin.

On that note, anyone ever thought how it's strange that these ancient families stressed bloodline yet incest is illegal. So how does an onmyouji family retain its purity? The answer to this conundrum was provided by 234ne on Jcafe.

Quote:
Bun-ke or "the separate family": You see like all nobles and super-rich people of the world, most don't want to share their wealth and power (generally). A paradox now happens in marriage: to keep power and money marring an outsider is a bad-idea (as you give your mojo to the "outside"), but marring another member of your kin is incest!

Thus the Bun-ke or Sperate family system is born!! You kick out some members of your kin and tell them to start a family with other people, but stay connected. After few generations pass (about 6 to 7) you comeback and tell them to marry your own kin, technically the blood is thin enough to be considered "not incest" and power is still inside the family. Horray!!

This is what Harutora and Natsume is, "technically related, but not."

The main family (oldest family in line) is called Hon-ke (main-house, true-house), and younger/seperated clans are called bun-ke (seperate-house, other-house)
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 22:12   Link #1143
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Well, they are technically related by blood. Someone remind me if it's legal to marry a blood related cousin.
Yes, first cousin marriage is legal in Japan. CousinCouples.com estimates that 4 in 1,000 marriages in Japan are cousin marriages.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 22:17   Link #1144
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Cousin marriage is legal in the majority of the countries.... Harutora and Natsume won't be having any problems..
Old 2014-02-07, 23:23   Link #1145
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
On that note, anyone ever thought how it's strange that these ancient families stressed bloodline yet incest is illegal. So how does an onmyouji family retain its purity? The answer to this conundrum was provided by 234ne on Jcafe.
Wait, but then the descendants of those separated clans aren't of pure blood/100% noble since the ancestors had to go out and marry outsiders.
Old 2014-02-08, 00:05   Link #1146
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciize View Post
Wait, but then the descendants of those separated clans aren't of pure blood/100% noble since the ancestors had to go out and marry outsiders.
Good point, but their purity is higher than letting some outsider directly marry into the family.
Old 2014-02-08, 07:51   Link #1147
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
That's the correct answer.

I'm thinking it's either switched at birth or those 2 were from a twin birth. (That would make Harutora and Natsume siblings as they are both powerful.) The twins were separated, his powers got locked and he was given to the other family for safe keeping.

I kind of like "twins separated at birth" one due to that would mean all the Harutora x Natsume shippers were boarding an incest ship. It would be fun to see the fallout. It would also be the less cruel option.
While I do think things definitely aren't as they seem with the Tsuchimikados after recent events, that doesn't necessarily mean a switch occurred though. Natsume has just much as chance being adopted.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 08:31   Link #1148
Ickarium

I don't think she's adopted. Didn't they say that the gold dragon was a family familiar? Such things in most mythologies tend to be linked to family blood. At most she'd be a bastard child that was adopted, if this is so. She'd need the blood.
Old 2014-02-08, 09:15   Link #1149
Iron Maw
Banned

It has, said by Natsume herself. However If Natsume who is speculated to not actually part of the main branch can use Hokuto then blood doesn't really matter. At least compared to spiritual power. Besides if they went this far to hide Harutora then breaking some traditions probably don't matter to them as much it seems.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 10:44   Link #1150
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
While I do think things definitely aren't as they seem with the Tsuchimikados after recent events, that doesn't necessarily mean a switch occurred though. Natsume has just much as chance being adopted.
An adopted child with powerful spiritual energy and who turns out to be a talented onmyouji? What are the odds?
Old 2014-02-08, 17:20   Link #1151
Frontier

Count me in as another anime-only viewer who legitimately really enjoyed the episode .

Though I do think some things could've been executed better. Kyoko's hesitation and how she eventually realized it wasn't Natsume she had made the promise to, for one. I wonder though, if Kyoko's figured out yet that it was really Bakatora? I'm expecting, and hoping, for more fallout from this in the next episode.

Real nice job protecting everybody Kagami. Not only is it your Familiar that goes crazy and starts the whole mess, but you're not even around to do anything about it !

It was great to see Harutora get an "upgrade" of sorts, and really step up to the plate as the main protagonist. If I'm understanding it correctly, he was able to fix what was his main problem with his spiritual power that Kagami pointed out and that drastically leveled up his spiritual sight. Add that to all that studying Harutora has been forced to do by Natsume, and you get Harutora beating Shaver with a little help from Kon .

It was also good to see Tenma get a nice action moment during the fight with Shaver, especially after what happened in the last arc .

Before Harutora's "awakening," Suzuka was the one who did the most damage to Shaver, though I was kinda expecting more now that her powers are no longer sealed. Or were they resealed like Iron Maw said? I don't remember that being specified.

Poor Amami. He finally gets to the root of the Twin Horn Syndicate, but it turns out to go far, far, deeper than he had ever imagined. I doubt he's dead, since from what we've seen of the "true" Syndicate, I gather that they're averse to taking lives needlessly, but I'm not expecting him to turn up anytime soon. But Kyoko's father turning out to be the Big Bad, or so it seems, I was definitely not expecting. I wonder how many of the other Divine Generals are in on it? There's no way Zenjiro is, but I'm not sure about the red head and the other guy .

So... Natsume's gender is finally revealed! Time to put on the female uniform and confess to Harutora, Natsume .

Last edited by Frontier; 2014-02-09 at 00:53.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 18:01   Link #1152
Ultraviolet X

Just finished watching all the tokyo raven episodes, really enjoyed it so far, although there seems to be a few details left out, espicially with the lastest episode.

Seems pretty clear at this point that Harutora is the Yako reincarnation, not Natsume, and there are a few hints given to that, the most obvious being the new op.

I have to wonder though, where has Hismaru been in alll this? it was mentioned by a Ln reader in this thread that Kakugyouki stoped Renji from making the situation worse, but Hishamaru has yet to make an appearence.........im starting to suspect kon is a sealed up Hishamaru, since Harutora has obviously been sealed/restricted and i can't imagine them giving him a random family familiar.

This episode was a real clifthanger, and I feel kinda sorry for Amami, and i am curious as to how many Divine generals know about the details of what there cheif has been up to. Hopefully some more details regarding the twin horned syndicate and the tsuchimikado are revealed soon.
Ultraviolet X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 19:43   Link #1153
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Kagami is a shit-disturber. My suspicion is that he wanted all of this chaos to happen, and he wanted to see if the kids could handle it without his help. Yeah, he's that cold and reckless. He's the sort of character that doesn't particularly care what happens to other people, he just wants to be entertained.

The fact Kagami ostensibly works for the protagonist side actually makes him that much more problematic, because it puts him on the "inside". His superiors probably put up with him simply because having him on the "inside" makes him easier to monitor (if he was on the "outside", he could be a serious criminal threat to everyday people). But it can also backfire like it did here, where somebody could have easily died due to how he approached guarding the kids (there's no way he should have been given that job).

This all makes him morally dubious at best... but a good chaos-creator for making the show entertaining.
Old 2014-02-08, 22:02   Link #1154
Quol
That Guy

Yea he does seem like the kind who likes to create chaos but in my opinion i think Kagami got a little closer to Harutora after they talked about what happened on the roof (as evident by kagami wanting harutora to work under him later)
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 22:22   Link #1155
Zilch_Saber
+ Demonic_Angel +
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
it was mentioned by a Ln reader in this thread that Kakugyouki stoped Renji from making the situation worse
Wait, if that is true, then isn't it better to let Reiji go in order to stop his familiar from rampaging and make things worse ? If Kakugyouki really is there and stop Reiji, isn't he the one at fault that things get worse?
Old 2014-02-08, 22:25   Link #1156
Zilch_Saber
+ Demonic_Angel +
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
Yea he does seem like the kind who likes to create chaos but in my opinion i think Kagami got a little closer to Harutora after they talked about what happened on the roof (as evident by kagami wanting harutora to work under him later)
Yeah, and I bet, because of what happened to Shaver. Harutora might really become his new target (except for Ohtomo)
Old 2014-02-08, 23:22   Link #1157
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilch_Saber View Post
Wait, if that is true, then isn't it better to let Reiji go in order to stop his familiar from rampaging and make things worse ? If Kakugyouki really is there and stop Reiji, isn't he the one at fault that things get worse?
It was mentioned that kagami was thinking along the lines of "My familiar has lost control i may as well join him and have some fun, since ill be punished anyway." So I dont see how stopping him made things worse.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-02-08 at 23:50.
Old 2014-02-09, 00:19   Link #1158
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
It has, said by Natsume herself. However If Natsume who is speculated to not actually part of the main branch can use Hokuto then blood doesn't really matter. At least compared to spiritual power. Besides if they went this far to hide Harutora then breaking some traditions probably don't matter to them as much it seems.
It's much tighter plot-wise to have them being separated twins. Hide true Yakou out in the boonies until he is ready while Natsume acts as a decoy. Yakou prob wouldn't have reincarnated as a girl. The diluted side branch shouldn't be this powerful so Harutora is prob a main branch kid.
Old 2014-02-09, 00:22   Link #1159
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
It was mentioned that kagami was thinking along the lines of "My familiar has lost control i may as well join him and have some fun, since ill be punished anyway." So I dont see how stopping him made things worse.
And here I was thinking that Kagami might not be half bad after his conversation with Harutora
Old 2014-02-09, 02:55   Link #1160
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
It's much tighter plot-wise to have them being separated twins. Hide true Yakou out in the boonies until he is ready while Natsume acts as a decoy. Yakou prob wouldn't have reincarnated as a girl. The diluted side branch shouldn't be this powerful so Harutora is prob a main branch kid.
I hope not, that means HarutoxNatsume can't happen.....Im speculating they swapped the main family son (Haruto) with the branch family daughter (Natsume), and told her the cross dressing "tradition" to help hide Haruto and reinforce the lie that Natume is Yako, not Haruto.

Tags
action, comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen, supernatural anime