Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2020-12-06, 14:34   Link #1141
Tenzen12

Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
If I was a captain, I'd probably take a few points off Hyuse for being new. (Meaning, unproven and, as far as they know, inexperienced compared to Kitora and Yuba.)
Also not reading manga =/= being idiot and vice versa. Anyway if you can't own mistakes you do, then you will eventually have hard time not me so be it. Noone can say I didn't try.
Old 2020-12-06, 14:58   Link #1142
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Here.
And where, in this, did I say anything about combat ability? I didn't. Kitora and Yuba have been part of Border for longer than Hyuse. That's a fact. They've (presumably) worked with squads other than their own. They've done stuff outside of training and rank wars, including real combat.

Quote:
Also not reading manga =/= being idiot and vice versa.
It's not about being idiots. It's about how up to date they are on the gossip regarding Tamakoma 2 (and it would be nothing more than gossip to them), and how detailed that gossip is.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-07, 06:10   Link #1143
James Rye

Maybe we should backpedal a bit and talk again about what potential agents the not-Suwas will chose depending on their number they draw?

Like in Wakamura's case if he gets a high number, no way he gets first though, then he will pick probably Yuba if he can or another Captain to have some sort of advisor on board to talk to. If he gets a lower number he might pick the smart council president guy from Ouji's squad. What I wanna say is that with his last pick Wakamura will most likely go for a more tactical guy then people he had to pick and people he chose because he knew them. Plus with a sniper and figther he needs an all-rounder or shooter on his team anyway.

Uta-chan gonna try to get another melee combatant for his stealth tactic he clearly is after, if he gets first pick again, Kitora, if not, then he got 4 other picks excluding Katori as she has to be picked by Suwa (pleeeease, Ashihara, make it happen in 2021!) so he has good chances to get what he wants as other teams like Wakamura have other preferences even if they get to chose before him. I feel like he might get Obishima aka the tanned Tomboy.

Murakami might think of choosing a sniper though there is only Ema to pick so maybe he goes for another gunner like the blonde one from Ninomiya's squad or Yuba if he gets an early pick.

Brokkoli-head has a great sniper and a good fighter in his team already so he might go for a gunner as well or another fighter.

Kanzaki will chose another gunner/shooter if he can since he already got a sniper and a great figther.

I bet Ninomiya somehow gets stuck with Ema as that gives us some Chika x Ema moments and has Ninomiya be like "I got three snipers, how did I got stuck with three snipers?". xD

Ouji with his two fighters will either go with another shooter/gunner to make pairs for the battle phase or a third fighter, I don't think he is the type to pick snipers in a drawn out battle given the wormbag constant drain.

Chubby feels like he will pick another range agent, as he got a sniper and fighter, and his fighter got a side ability of great hearing. His options are limited in this bracket though, so he has to get an all-rounder then.

Kodera with two fighters totally needs a gunner/shooter, no question about it. Only question is if he can get one depending on his draw.

Murakami's captain, so mean of me to forget his name, is a gunner, got a sniper and a fighter, he is pretty much set so he might choose somebody he knows well or knows which work well with his fighter.
Old 2020-12-07, 08:26   Link #1144
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
I bet Ninomiya somehow gets stuck with Ema as that gives us some Chika x Ema moments and has Ninomiya be like "I got three snipers, how did I got stuck with three snipers?". xD
Something tells me he wants three snipers now... It's a feature not a bug.
Old 2020-12-07, 14:35   Link #1145
dragon1412

nah, for this I stand with Anh_Minh on the point of Hyuse being familiar with Tamakoma 2.

Remember his cover story ? The one that is used in fighting the whole neighbor rumors? in his cover story he is supposed to be trained to be replace Jin in Tamakoma-1, but Jin drop from S rank so he form a team with Tamakoma-2. So from normal border POV, Hyuse should have already fairly trained with Tamakoma-1 and is familiar towards Tamakoma-2 to a certain Extend. Unlike Anh_Minh at this point though, I'd argue that this is actually why Hyuse is a good pick for team work, as he was supposed to be trained with Tamakoma-1, and yet managed to make a Team with Tamakoma-2 work in such a short time span. So likely Hyuse is a fairly good teammate to work with from normal Border POV

Put all this point asides, I thinks people are too quick on jumping the guns on most can choose Hyuse, since from Tsuji and Ninomiya words that some B ranked teams are already briefed about Hyuse actually Identiy, it's very likely that many teams inside this selections already aware of the fact that he is a neighbor. I don't even doubt that as many as half of them might already aware of that fact. And consider the fact that Hyuse is supposed to be the guide towards neighborhood. Chance are a good fews team is already briefed by the directors to take Hyuse to avoid his identity got out. Of course the Directors could also just let this fly to see if Hyuse can deal with this himself or use this chance to shoot Hyuse down. But consider that Osamu passed fair and square and out of all directors, we knew that Rindou and Karasawa is on Osamu side, liking him quite a bit, Netsuki is clearly impressed with Osamu growth with the time of the rumor dealings. And Shinoda was very clearly interested in the idea of using Hyuse to guide them in the neighborhood and he also quite fond of Tamakoma-2. So only Kido and Kinuta might be the most chance of trying shootdown tactics towards Hyuse, which consider their personality, seem quite low.

Chance are, there is already a good few teams already briefed and take in Hyuse as fast as possible, which isn't pretty much a problem, since Hyuse is already a power house himself. I think it's a better shot to guess which captains are actually aready aware of Hyuse identity.

on the other teams, I mostly agree with /a/ explainations post by James:
- Kou team is clearly a gunner or shooter, or if he had very bad roll, sniper, the team already have 2 attackers already, they need some mid-long range position
- Same with Kuga team, 2 attacker and 1 unknown, both attacker are assassin, Kuga is bagworm, Utagawa is chameleon, they don't really need another close range fighter, shooter, gunner, sniper are all choice, though this is unknown priority since I don't know which role Urushima is.
- rokuro teams is needing a carrier, as all 3 member is seemingly lackluster so far, if the author want to give him growth, someone to teach him would be good, Kitora, Yuba, Hyuse, Tsuji are all good candidate.
- Ninomiya is clearly going to maximum firepower and long lasting fight, Chika and nino is already enough to decimate most thing in existence and can fight for really long time, so last member is either a trion power house or someone who can herd or target thing that miss out for them, Ema is a surprisingly good choice for this team, not just if Ninomiya get the lower pick, though I imagined Nino would not pick Ema of he got better slot, since there are better candidates like Kitora and Yuba.
- Oji is clearly going for his pack strategy consider his teammate so far. So last member is clear a gunner, attacker, but consider that his members so far, both Tsuji and Ikoma are pure attacker without gun or bullet, I'd say chance are fairly high he choose someone who can shoot and is an attacker, like Kitora, Katori, Obishima, Yuba.

I think chance for Katori to end in Suwa team is really high, as in, she is actually not that wanted despite her strength. I mean ignore the 3 teams she can't be in due to members of the same team already in, on the remaining 8 we have Team Kuga, Team Kou clearly isn't in need of a new attackers. Ninomiya clearly isn't going for her unless his roll is really bad. That's 3 more teams off the table, so she only tactically fit in 5 teams, and in pool C we have way too many attacker and all rounder, and she have to compete tactically with all of them, worse, beside team Suwa, all other teams with tamakoma members doesn't seem to need another attackers, So she has to directly compete with Hyuse and Kitora(who any teams can choose) on every single team that she is tactically fit in. And add Yuba for team that might already have his members. So despite her strength, she is actually a fairly low pick for me. Too many competitors of the same role, and most of team available to her is exactly the same for her competitors who is clearly better.

frankly, Katori is only tactically meaningful to Suwa, as in he can immediately bring Mikumo spider fort tactics to life with how she perform in her battle with Tamakoma and her last battle. which consider it's nature, is actually quite good if they have to hold down a siege for a long time period, which the 2nd test seem to implied with it's continuous battle rather than search and destroy. But even then, Kitora who is used to spiders is still a better pick. So beside Suwa, I don't think most team other actually genuinely consider her, as most of the better already have their share of good attacker already.

For those want a simplified version, Katori is especially meaningful to team Suwa due to her synergy with Osamu fighting style, so 1 point more for her, but beside Suwa who has Mikumo, in any other team she has to compete with swarth of attackers and all rounders that is better, stronger and easier to work than her. Even team Suwa still have better pick in the form of Kitora, but she is ranked quite high tactically in team Suwa compare to other teams. I personally think that Suwa is already planning spider fort tactics when he choose Mikumo over Taichi , as the next test is long time continuous battle, and huddling down in spider fort and and sniping those outside, and attacking those who trip inside is a great way to fight a long battle. As siege is naturally a time consuming process.

EDIT: rereading this, just realize Osamu has one hell of a charisma cheat, most of the directors actually like him, his trion might be F rank, but charm and communication is definitely S. I will wait to see can Suwa team escape Osamu S rank charm.

Last edited by dragon1412; 2020-12-07 at 17:00.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-07, 15:42   Link #1146
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Osamu aside, I feel that Chika really lucked out getting paired with Azuma. Azuma has been put as one of the best snipers, but more importantly the arguably top mentor in the organization. She should be able to get quite a few things from this partnership.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-14, 00:12   Link #1147
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, I suppose it does seem most likely that Katori will be the pick. Have to see how the lotto for picks plays out, but odds are good. My gut would have preferred the fun route of sticking Kitora on a team with Osamu. But you still get plenty of drama using Katori and it does make sense tactically with the players Suwa already has on his side. Won't be a powerhouse team, but it could be one of the more interesting ones to watch.

When thinking about the teams I wonder if we're a bit too sure about the picks being able balance. A lot of these people were on teams that didn't have a whole lot of balance to them in the first place. Throughout the tournament stuff we've seen teams mostly made of shooters, snipers, attackers, etc. Tamakoma has a decent balance of positions between them, but no certainty the drafting will be about mirroring that kind of setup. Although maybe when assembling a team of people you haven't worked with a lot there would be a desire to fall back on a standard team composition.

Anyways, will be fun to see how the next round of the draft plays out.
Old 2021-01-02, 13:35   Link #1148
Blaat

Spoiler for chapter 205:
Old 2021-01-02, 19:31   Link #1149
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Spoiler for chapter 205:
Spoiler for 205:
Old 2021-01-02, 20:35   Link #1150
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for 205:
Spoiler for Is he really?:

Spoiler for Spoiler ch. 205:

Life is good!
Old 2021-01-03, 03:39   Link #1151
Blaat

Quote:
Spoiler for 205:
Spoiler for chapter 205:
Old 2021-01-03, 12:29   Link #1152
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Spoiler for Is he really?:
Spoiler for 205:

Quote:
Spoiler for chapter 205:
Spoiler for 205:
Old 2021-01-03, 13:32   Link #1153
James Rye

Quote:
Spoiler for 205:

Spoiler for 205:
Spoiler for When will the chapter upload so we can stop talking in spoilers?:
Old 2021-01-03, 13:46   Link #1154
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Spoiler for 205:
Old 2021-01-03, 16:46   Link #1155
Blaat

Quote:
Spoiler for 205:
Spoiler for 205:
Old 2021-01-03, 18:13   Link #1156
James Rye

Spoiler for Just look at their reactions, priceless XD:
Old 2021-01-03, 19:06   Link #1157
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Spoiler for 205:
Spoiler for 205:

The chapter releases on Wednesday, so we'll be seeing more spoiler tags.
Old 2021-01-04, 06:29   Link #1158
dragon1412

Spoiler for Spoiler:
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-04, 06:41   Link #1159
James Rye

Spoiler for Spoiler 205:
Old 2021-01-05, 06:32   Link #1160
James Rye

Let's talk about something we don't need spoilers for - WT's popularity in Japan being unbroken!

In the recent Ashai TV Best Manga Poll WT managed to get 14th place even before MHA and JjK!!!

MAN! It is always just incredible to me how loyal the fanbase in Japan is to this series. I love it. Hope it means decades of WT content (and Ashihara not dying & remaining healthy enough to keep this 1/2 chapter per month gig up for a long time). <3

Tags
action, shounen stargate