AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2023-05-03, 21:58   Link #1141
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
This line of thought bothers me quite a bit, because it implies being a soldier means you only know how to solve problems with violence and that's not true, at all.

Delling is just a murderer, nothing more. Being a soldier has nothing to do with it.
Maybe not for every soldier but in the context of explaining his thought process it seemed to be that he was so mired in conflict and battle that it became his go-to solution even when he sought to resolve conflict, which is why he gravitated to Miorine's mother for providing a different solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
what greater revenge would there be than to turn Miorine into a witch?

//
As long as it doesn't involve actually piloting .
Old 2023-05-03, 22:21   Link #1142
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Maybe not for every soldier but in the context of explaining his thought process it seemed to be that he was so mired in conflict and battle that it became his go-to solution even when he sought to resolve conflict, which is why he gravitated to Miorine's mother for providing a different solution.
That's what Rajan said, but he omitted to mention the Vanadis incident and that suggests he's biased and can't be trusted. That means we still don't have any proper insight into Delling's thought process. On top of that, when Delling took over the Beneric group, he kept manufacturing and selling weapons, profiting from it. That contradicts that so-called goal of resolving the conflicts.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2023-05-03 at 22:39.
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-04, 00:04   Link #1143
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
That's what Rajan said, but he omitted to mention the Vanadis incident and that suggests he's biased and can't be trusted.
He didn't mention it by name, but I think we can assume that was a part of the whole Delling using violence to solve evrything issue.

Quote:
That means we still don't have any proper insight into Delling's thought process. On top of that, when Delling took over the Beneric group, he kept manufacturing and selling weapons, profiting from it. That contradicts that so-called goal of resolving the conflicts.
Shaddiq already explained that the way they sell weapons is their own attempt at conflict management.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.

Last edited by Endscape; 2023-05-04 at 07:15.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-04, 07:10   Link #1144
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
what greater revenge would there be than to turn Miorine into a witch?

//
The term "witch" included everyone who worked on Gund. For example, Prospera refers to Belmeria as "Peil Witch" in season 1 after their first meeting. And everyone at the Vanadis Institute was killed for being witches despite most of them just being researchers. It's not just used for the Gundam pilots or enhanced humans.

That means all of Gund-Arms Inc. are technically witches, Miorine included.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-04, 12:16   Link #1145
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
He didn't mention it by name, but I think we can assume that was a part of the whole Delling using violence to solve evrything issue.
Maybe but I doubt it because Delling's actions suggest otherwise (see my explanation below). Besides this doesn't change the fact Rajan hid stuff and that casts doubt on everything he says. Hopefully we'll get a proper backstory on Delling at some point, an unbiased one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Shaddiq already explained that the way they sell weapons is their own attempt at conflict management.
That's when both parties have equal power, which is what Shaddiq wants to achieve by diverting the Beneric group's assets to Earth. But during Delling's rule this wasn't the case. He hogged the power and profit, and Earth became a hellhole of poverty. We've seen Earth's current condition, so this is a fact. It's irrefutable proof that Delling didn't do anything to reach the so-called goal of resolving conflicts. To begin with, the reason the conflict between Earth and Space exists is because Space exploits Earth, and this didn't stop when Delling was in power. If anything, it increased, since Earth lost its only means of deterrence when the Gundam project was shutdown, so the Space corporations could do anything they wanted on Earth after that. Rajan claims Delling wanted to resolve the conflict but his actions say otherwise. The gap of wealth between Earthians and Spacians became wider than ever and the oppression on Earthians kept escalating. The situation has become so dire that Earth is basically a time bomb waiting to blow up on everyone's faces. Everything Delling did made things worse.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2023-05-05 at 11:21.
Old 2023-05-05, 11:23   Link #1146
Frontier

Quote:
Maybe but I doubt it because Delling's actions suggest otherwise (see my explanation below). Besides this doesn't change the fact Rajan hid stuff and that casts doubt on everything he says. Hopefully we'll get a proper backstory on Delling at some point, an unbiased one.

That's when both parties have equal power, which is what Shaddiq wants to do by diverting the Beneric group's assets to Earth. But during Delling's rule this wasn't the case. He hogged the power and profit, and Earth became a hellhole of poverty. We've seen Earth's current condition, so this is a fact. It's irrefutable proof that Delling didn't do anything to reach the so-called goal of resolving conflicts. To begin with, the reason the conflict between Earth and Space exists is because Space exploits Earth, and this didn't stop when Delling was in power. If anything, it increased, since Earth lost its only means of deterrence when the Gundam project was shutdown, so the Space corporations could do anything they wanted on Earth after that. Rajan claims Delling wanted to resolve the conflict but his actions say otherwise. The gap of wealth between Earthians and Spacians became wider than ever and the oppression on Earthians kept escalating. The situation has become so dire that Earth is basically a time bomb waiting to blow up on everyone's faces. Everything Delling did made things worse.
I don't think anyone would argue that Delling didn't make things worse, just his intentions.
Old 2023-05-06, 19:55   Link #1147
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I don't think anyone would argue that Delling didn't make things worse, just his intentions.
He has been in power for years. If he wanted to do something to stop the hostilities, he had plenty of chances. He could have gone for something similar to what Shaddiq is planing, for instance. But he didn't do anything. Where are those good intentions Rajan is talking about? We haven't seen that anywhere. In fact, Shaddiq stated the current business scheme imposed by the Space corporations is what turned Earth into a shithole, and Delling is the primary responsible for that. Good intentions my foot. He only cares about profits.
Old 2023-05-06, 20:45   Link #1148
Frontier

Quote:
He has been in power for years. If he wanted to do something to stop the hostilities, he had plenty of chances. He could have gone for something similar to what Shaddiq is planing, for instance. But he didn't do anything. Where are those good intentions Rajan is talking about? We haven't seen that anywhere. In fact, Shaddiq stated the current business scheme imposed by the Space corporations is what turned Earth into a shithole, and Delling is the primary responsible for that. Good intentions my foot. He only cares about profits.
I dunno, the way they've been writing his character and his general vibe he really doesn't feel like someone who only cares about profits unless it's to keep the Beneritt Group happy because it would be pure chaos otherwise.

I just think from his personal experience and profession that he only knows how to really operate one way and couldn't put himself into the perspective of other people, so he couldn't really resolve anything even if that was his intention and the issues kept perpetuating. Maybe that's part of why he was determined to make sure Quiet Zero happened.
Old 2023-05-06, 21:55   Link #1149
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I just think from his personal experience and profession that he only knows how to really operate one way and couldn't put himself into the perspective of other people
If he couldn't put himself into the perspective of other people, why would he want to end the conflicts? Someone who lacks that kind of empathy would have no interest in seeking peace, specially considering he makes plenty of profit out of conflicts (his company sells weapons, after all).

Long story short, what the series actually shows of Delling doesn't support the interpretation that he had good intentions.

Of course, I'm not gonna tell you what to believe. That's up to you. I'm just saying that interpretation is inconsistent with what we're shown, that's all.
Old 2023-05-06, 23:45   Link #1150
Frontier

Quote:
If he couldn't put himself into the perspective of other people, why would he want to end the conflicts? Someone who lacks that kind of empathy would have no interest in seeking peace, specially considering he makes plenty of profit out of conflicts (his company sells weapons, after all).

Long story short, what the series actually shows of Delling doesn't support the interpretation that he had good intentions.

Of course, I'm not gonna tell you what to believe. That's up to you. I'm just saying that interpretation is inconsistent with what we're shown, that's all.
I was actually about to say it might be chalked up to Okuichi's inconsistent writing .
Old 2023-05-07, 04:30   Link #1151
kiak666

Welp, it happened.

Spoiler for Ep 17:
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-07, 05:23   Link #1152
ryllharu

Miorine's intentions are good ones, but she is truly terrible at emotional awareness.

I had hoped she learned from the last time she did something like this to Suletta at the end of last season, but I guess not.
Spoiler for eps 17 conclusion:

Spoiler for In terms of combat...:
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-07, 05:28   Link #1153
B214

Spoiler:
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-07, 05:55   Link #1154
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Episode 17
Fantastic episode. Guel finally gets his comeback that the deserves so much after the show has put him through such hell. Loving his character arc now!

Next episode is titled "Our Empty Selves". I'm extremely afraid that Miorine's plan to free Suletta is going to be cruelly coopted by Prospera. At best, I think we get a depressing episode with Suletta trying to figure out her own worth. But, what if Suletta spends all next episode contemplating her meaningless, empty self only to be offered a purpose by her mother in being filled by her sister.
Old 2023-05-07, 05:56   Link #1155
Kazu-kun

Miorine totally fell for Prospera's scheme. What an idiot. Now Prospera has everything she needs to put Quiet Zero in motion, and the only one who had the power to stop her is emotionally destroyed. Good job, Miorine.

Miorine had good intentions. But hell is paved with good intentions.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2023-05-07 at 06:21.
Old 2023-05-07, 06:42   Link #1156
Router25
World Connector. I think

Miorine had no idea how detached Prospera's relationship is to Suletta to treat her like a pawn. The next episode on Mother's Day being a recap really throws salt in the wound too.
Old 2023-05-07, 06:51   Link #1157
azarhal

The title for next episode is just a fancy way of saying "Suletta will be super depressed"...but we have to wait two weeks to see it.

Miorine is an idiot. She could have achieved the exact same results by asking Suletta to ask for Jertuk support instead of taking all of Suletta's precious things away and totally destroying her in the process. Nika and Suletta needs to be reunited ASAP.

Thankfully, Guel likes Suletta and he's the second most honest character in the show and he will probably not stand for a sad Suletta.

Also, with the Nika/Norea/El5n scene, I'm now thinking Suletta next ride might be the Ur.

Prospera's helmet allows her to see into the data storm it seems like.
Old 2023-05-07, 07:00   Link #1158
Kazu-kun

Miorine never learns. This is not the first time she acted this way. She thinks she knows better and looks down on everyone else. I don't think she does it deliberately but it's her main character flaw all the same.

I bet she doesn't even realize she was manipulating Suletta just like Prospera did. So much for good intentions.
Old 2023-05-07, 07:07   Link #1159
azarhal

I just remembered, pilot student are required to bring their own mobile suit at the school. Suletta is probably going to be kicked out now that she lost hers.
Old 2023-05-07, 07:19   Link #1160
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I really hate plot development like these where one party betrays and distances themselves from the one they love because they believe they'll be happier that way. If Miorine'd think for five seconds she'd know Suletta would never be happy without her and Aerial. They even had Miorine listen in on Guel and Suletta's conversation where Suletta made it clear she loves Miorine and yet she still pulled that crap instead of, you know, trying to communicate properly with her. Suletta even apologized for Miorine and realized what she said to her last week was weird, that was a step in the right direction.

That said, I'm very interested in what will happen to Suletta now. She'll no doubt be depressed for at least one episode, but she has to be brought back into the plot somehow. I don't think Prospera will pull her back in, she's outlived her usefulness to her. Odds are she'll be manipulated by someone else (likely Shaddiq) and forced to pilot a Gundam that will actually put her life at risk.