AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-08-10, 22:40   Link #1141
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdave View Post
I don't think it'd be in the government's best interest to piss off their most valuable asset. Special people will get special treatment if the government knows what they're doing.
Maybe or maybe not, we won't know until it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
There is 1 place that it sure to have the original data, Echelon III. Even Maya is incapable to changing that information
True, if the black sage got a hold of that information. Than things would get even more interesting.
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 22:41   Link #1142
Crazy Frog
Dead People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciald View Post
One thing I am disappointed in is that the branch families and the Tatsuya/Yotsuba conflict seems to have been shelved alongside morisaki and company. I would have thought that a subplot with some of the branch families secretly helping Ichijou would fit right in. They already tried to buy Tatsuya off with FLT so I would think tossing him to the Saegusa while getting Ichijou in return would make the Branch families perfectly happy.
Surely branch head like Suzuka or Shiiba will helping Ichijou but i think this time surely Maya will deal with them. I don't think if Masaki join the Yotsuba clan will make them happy. Masaki can't make money like Tatsuya and he strictly follow the rule, surely he can't do mission like assassinate someone or kill good person. Masaki is like a good soldier and one more thing, Tatsuya is a secret weapon to Yotsuba so they can't easily gave him to other clan.

Last edited by Crazy Frog; 2015-08-10 at 22:59.
Crazy Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 22:43   Link #1143
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mahesvara_ View Post
Maybe or maybe not, we won't know until it happens.

True, if the black sage got a hold of that information. Than things would get even more interesting.
As I said before, there are 6 people besides Maya who have access to the truth. we know 3 of the 7 total. One of them would happily use it to ruin the Yotsuba and he is on the attack right now. Who knows what the other 4 would do with it.
Old 2015-08-10, 22:44   Link #1144
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
As I said before, there are 6 people besides Maya who have access to the truth. we know 3 of the 7 total. One of them would happily use it to ruin the Yotsuba and he is on the attack right now. Who knows what the other 4 would do with it.
You just opened up a completely new possibility that I didn't even think of before lol
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 22:49   Link #1145
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeborg View Post
I don't think Yotsuba is a clan that would conspire with other TMC against their own. If anything, they're loyal and protective of their members. Mitsugu and the rest consider Tatsuya their own responsibility, I imagine they'd have an entirely different approach.
Can't really be sure of that. There are several branch families that we don't know much about. For all we know, 1 of them could conspire in the future to to remove Maya and Miyuki from the head and heir. There's bound to be some who won't be too happy with the heir decision
Old 2015-08-10, 22:52   Link #1146
luffyxnami

Quote:
But problem is the black sage is public enemy number 1, so I doubt they would believe anything he said. They would probably assume that he fake the data to cause the Yotsuba downfall. If he can somehow get concert evidence(what ever it is) plus testament from someone like tatsuya's dad or sayuri then it might ruin Maya's plan but if maya still push for a DNA test then it wouldn't really matter unless tatsuya's dad hold some secret evidence somewhere to prove tat and miyuki are his son and daughter and I can't think of any evidence like that, maybe a video.
luffyxnami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 22:54   Link #1147
Kadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciald View Post
One thing I am disappointed in is that the branch families and the Tatsuya/Yotsuba conflict seems to have been shelved alongside morisaki and company. I would have thought that a subplot with some of the branch families secretly helping Ichijou would fit right in. They already tried to buy Tatsuya off with FLT so I would think tossing him to the Saegusa while getting Ichijou in return would make the Branch families perfectly happy.
It has never had any conflict b/n Tat and branchfamilies in the first place. Tat always felt indifferently towards them. Now the possibility of their betrayal is possible but the chance is slim as long as Maya still pull the string behind the siblings. Moreover, younger generation of Yotsuba seemed to favor the siblings, some even to the point of worshipping. I doubt they would allow thier parents to harm the siblings. Yes i'm talking about Mitsugu, Yuka's mother already indicated fidelity to Miyuki and Maya. Katsushige's father wouldn't dare to oppose, just dealing with his son's future wife and offfsprings will keep him busy.

The idea of throwing Tat to Saegusa as well as welcoming Masaki is sounded theoretically but how could they do that in practice. They do not have the authority to make a deal or enough power to scheme behind.
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 22:56   Link #1148
Zeborg

Quote:
Can't really be sure of that. There are several branch families that we don't know much about. For all we know, 1 of them could conspire in the future to to remove Maya and Miyuki from the head and heir. There's bound to be some who won't be too happy with the heir decision
The Yotsuba seem to be insular and loyal. And we already know that some of them aren't happy with the engagement. I'm just saying they wouldn't go about it in a way that would remove Tatsuya from the clan. They refer to Tatsuya as their sin, they are considering him as their responsibility.
Obviously the Ichijou engagement doesn't benefit them in any way, regardless. The problem for them is that Miyuki is getting to be the next head so soon and with that they have no control over Tatsuya anymore.
Zeborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 23:12   Link #1149
ValvraveTruth

Quote:
Well who knows. Up until volume 16, all main branch families support Miyuki to be next heir now. Whatsmore the next generation of branch head like Yuuka, Fumiya, Katsushige support as well. Plus there is no reason take down Maya and Miyuki, only the strong one takes the throne, so can other unknown branch families takes it? Near zero i guess. Yotsuba is also famous for their branch loyalty.
Old 2015-08-10, 23:32   Link #1150
FLS_Carnage

In order for the sages to know about Tatsuya and Miyuki Echelon III would have to have the information. It has already been stated that the Yotsuba use paper for important matters because it is safer than electronic communication. Plus I don't think there is really any reason for the former 4th Institute to be connected to the outside. They'd probably just have an intranet and store everything locally in order to prevent any leaks. Secrecy is kind of the Yotsuba's thing.
FLS_Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 23:56   Link #1151
Kadia

Speaking of ESCAPE, i strongly believe that Tat will use the annoucement of project publicly to redeem the magician's reputation which deteriorated from terrorist attack incident. Simultaneously, it will help to mitigate the effects from anti-magician group's propaganda.

Let's see how hight "Silver" name will soar.
Old 2015-08-11, 00:33   Link #1152
solhaz

Yotsuba is full of secrets even sometimes to their own kins (like Miyuki genetic manipulations), how could they be so sure that what they know is the real truth. Maya could just say that Tatsuya is the secret between Maya and Miya. We still not so sure how echelon 3 works, it's said that it could only access info real time and can't access data stored or save them. So how could they have the evidences if the data can't be saved outside.

Regarding branch leader would betray Maya so that they could get rid of Tatsuya, I don't think they want to get rid Tatsuya to other clans. They want Tatsuya to be away from public eyes and save in where they could monitor him. Giving him to other clans is the least they want for Tatsuya; why would they give a weapon that could be used againts them to other clans.

About Maya during the 10MC, it might be Kudou is her real target since Koichi is still could dance in Maya hands whereas Kudou might be a little bit difficult for Maya or Maya doesn't really care which one is outed; unlike Koichi, Maya doesn't much obsessed with other clans doings if it doesn't affect them and they don't deliberately touch Yotsuba. Touch me and I'll make you regret it kind of personality. See, if Koichi doesn't meddle the engagement, Maya might not tell his dirts there.

Last edited by solhaz; 2015-08-11 at 00:52.
solhaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 02:21   Link #1153
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
I truly don't know if some people here are just forgetful, or simply can't face reality and are desperate to find some possibility in breaking Tatsuya's engagement with Miyuki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol 11 Chapter 16
"Well to be honest, it's not much of a system. Hardware wise Hliðskjálf is completely dependent on Echelon III, and it's merely the data processing which is more efficient; it can't access data which is in storage since it's merely an interception system. By the way, there's a system guard in place which prevents saving any of the results to some external storage. The information which can be obtained is limited by the brain of the operator. At best, it's something which grants information gathering capabilities, and allows its operators to take the name of 'Sage'."
By the way, there's no such thing as 'proof' that Tatsuya is not Maya's son. The story Maya came up with is that Tatsuya came from one of her ovules, and Miya is the surrogate mother. Where are they going to search that this is a lie? The best they can do is come up with nothing and claim that there're no registers of such an act being carried. Maya could just counter that it was deleted, prove that the siblings are not 'siblings', end of story. Maya comes victorious again.

Anyway, Maya is probably only letting the Ichijou think they have a chance at Miyuki because she knows that, no matter what they do, Miyuki will not budge. Most likely, Maya is trying to get some sort of reaction from Tatsuya's side.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 02:56   Link #1154
Iramohs

Quote:
By the way, there's no such thing as 'proof' that Tatsuya is not Maya's son. The story Maya came up with is that Tatsuya came from one of her ovules, and Miya is the surrogate mother. Where are they going to search that this is a lie? The best they can do is come up with nothing and claim that there're no registers of such an act being carried. Maya could just counter that it was deleted, prove that the siblings are not 'siblings', end of story. Maya comes victorious again.

Anyway, Maya is probably only letting the Ichijou think they have a chance at Miyuki because she knows that, no matter what they do, Miyuki will not budge. Most likely, Maya is trying to get some sort of reaction from Tatsuya's side.
I was about to say that. Even if Heigu knows, without any concrete proof it would just be baseless rumors.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 03:11   Link #1155
Casarial

Honestly it makes me wonder. If Masaki would make some bad move to Miyuki (though I don't believe it will happen), then will his soul freeze or he will just disappear into the mist maybe this is what Maya want to test
Casarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 04:13   Link #1156
Crazy Frog
Dead People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casarial View Post
Honestly it makes me wonder. If Masaki would make some bad move to Miyuki (though I don't believe it will happen), then will his soul freeze or he will just disappear into the mist maybe this is what Maya want to test
If Miyuki kill Masaki it will be all out of war between Yotsuba and Ichijou clan.
Old 2015-08-11, 08:09   Link #1157
Aciald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
I truly don't know if some people here are just forgetful, or simply can't face reality and are desperate to find some possibility in breaking Tatsuya's engagement with Miyuki.
It's not about wanting to break them up. The author pretty much gave the game away with his stupid spoiler of "I had to make them brother and sister to keep from marrying them right away". That pretty much sucked all of the drama out of his 'romances'. That being said if you think that the engagement is going to proceed without a hitch your delusional. It may just be a matter of fending off proposals from Masaki and Mayumi but it may also be people questioning their blood ties. I am sure there will be other problems along the way.
Aciald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 09:12   Link #1158
Verisimilitude

Does any else think that the Shippou are getting a bit too much this volume?
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 09:46   Link #1159
Kadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
Does any else think that the Shippou are getting a bit too much this volume?
Shippu has been recommended by Maya because their enmity toward Saegusa. Furthermore, Takuma is a lot better and not being a pain anymore. If Shippu joining 10MC resulted in benefits to Tatsuya, it would be a win-win situation.
Old 2015-08-11, 10:21   Link #1160
Aciald

So right now we get to look forward to:

* Juumonji showing off his leadship skills by putting Tatsuya in charge again.

* More flirting between Tatsuya and Mayumi, with Mayumi making another sad attempt at seduction and fumbling at the finish.

* Jealous Miyuki

* Whatever Masaki's surprise is followed by Miyuki's rejection.

* Magician vs non magician hostilities increasing.

* failure to apprehend the Black Sage so we can have part 3.
Aciald is offline   Reply With Quote