AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Heavy Object

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-11-06, 16:26   Link #1141
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
This is one of those anime where the guys >>>>> the girls.
Princess is fail and FritoLa doesn't do much...

To be honest, I'm fine with that. There are far more than enough stories with the opposite premise.
Old 2015-11-06, 16:37   Link #1142
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Decent episode but the exposition is really clunky and uninviting. I barely understood the politics behind this conflict and that was despite the fact that I had to keep rewinding certain parts all the time. If anyone here can lay it out clearly for me then I'd appreciate it.

The comedy is still not doing it for me. It's only achievement is that I find Qwerty's actions fucking infuriating.

Oh and I've pretty much already given up hope on the show introducing a female character where 50% of her characterization isn't based on sexual appeal.
Old 2015-11-06, 16:40   Link #1143
Izumo
Banned

HOHOHOHO is finally here, it's time to see the pricess jealous.

As always the QUALITY hits but not that hard in this episode, other thing is the studio focused too much on fanservice instead of explaining politics and technology, that's very dissapointing. Overall this was fun, specially for those 2 idiots.
Old 2015-11-06, 16:51   Link #1144
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumo View Post
HOHOHOHO is finally here, it's time to see the pricess jealous.

As always the QUALITY hits but not that hard in this episode, other thing is the studio focused too much on fanservice instead of explaining politics and technology, that's very dissapointing. Overall this was fun, specially for those 2 idiots.
HOHOHOHOHO is Best Girl with Best Object.

As for the politics, they didn't go into that because there was nothing there. We have no explanation for why the Aussies are bad, or why the rest of the world cares, or anything, really. I find the fanservice amusing on its own simply because Quasar's stupid (in that context) is hilarious.
Old 2015-11-06, 16:55   Link #1145
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Decent episode but the exposition is really clunky and uninviting. I barely understood the politics behind this conflict and that was despite the fact that I had to keep rewinding certain parts all the time. If anyone here can lay it out clearly for me then I'd appreciate it.
Backstory - Oceania wanted to use technology to reclaim(?) large areas of desert to basically grow back the plants and vegetation, the local tribes disapprove and protested. The Government became to suppress them with force.

Currently - The four main Coalition joined forces bringing an overwhelming might of 20 Objects combined to help topple the dictatorship and free the people by taking out the 0.5 Gen Object that the Oceania has. That is the pretext.

Politics - An uneasy alliance is formed by all four coalition, and on the Kingdom side a politician is using this operation to further his political career by making himself look good... or something like that.
Old 2015-11-06, 17:04   Link #1146
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Have they explained why the local tribes don't want the vegitation? Because the impression I got from the convo between the princess and Froyltia, it would help the countries economy and thus (theoretically) improve their standard of living. I mean if it was something like Fracking then I'd understand but it doesn't seem to be.

Have they also explained why all four major superpowers care so much about crushing one little dictatorship (at this point)?
Old 2015-11-06, 17:12   Link #1147
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
My god Qwenthur.....the man can obliterate Objects but is a moron....I think they need to spread out his denseness. Too much of it in this episode just made him a frustrating person to deal with. His senses and intelligence sure takes a nose dive when he goes into dense harem protagonist mode.
Quote:
Have they explained why the local tribes don't want the vegitation? Because the impression I got from the convo between the princess and Froyltia, it would help the countries economy and thus (theoretically) improve their standard of living. I mean if it was something like Fracking then I'd understand but it doesn't seem to be.

Have they also explained why all four major superpowers care so much about crushing one little dictatorship (at this point)?
Seems like the reasoning given in the episode was that they didn't like the idea of the area being blanketed in genetically modified vegetation. Guess it's a purest kind of thing. They'll take the pure condition of their environment over the benefits but unnaturally created genetic vegetation.
Old 2015-11-06, 17:14   Link #1148
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
As of this moment currently, we're given the reasoning of -quoting Frolaytia- "They didn't want to be blanketed by genetically modified vegetation."

Quote:
Yes, at least on the Kingdom's side. An election for the Council is around the corner so a certain Councilor Fride is using this as some PR to get support.

I would imagine the rest of them have something similar in mind.
Old 2015-11-06, 17:28   Link #1149
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yes, at least on the Kingdom's side. An election for the Council is around the corner so a certain Councilor Fride is using this as some PR to get support.

I would imagine the rest of them have something similar in mind.
But I thought the four superpowers are at war with each other right? Wouldn't working with the enemy make really bad PR or do they all just really hate this one small dictatorship that much?
Old 2015-11-06, 17:42   Link #1150
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
But I thought the four superpowers are at war with each other right? Wouldn't working with the enemy make really bad PR or do they all just really hate this one small dictatorship that much?
The Safe Wars aren't the kind of wars we're used to. They're not actual wars so much as... local disagreements.
Old 2015-11-06, 17:49   Link #1151
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The Safe Wars aren't the kind of wars we're used to. They're not actual wars so much as... local disagreements.
But given the sheer number of casualties we've seen already, can they still be considered Safe Wars to the civilians? Or is there a lot of hushing up going on like Russia is currently doing with the casualties it's suffering in Ukraine? Because if so this story sure is presenting one bleak outlook on future politics that I can't entirely disagree with.
Old 2015-11-06, 17:52   Link #1152
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I personally view it more as border skirmishes. We know from the first episode that a lot of the old Nations had collapsed which would probably leave a lot of territories up for grabs. Either way they can't be in an open hot war if they can put together a Coalition like this.

...And it could also totally be possible that they hate this one small dictatorship that much... We have plenty of real life examples

Quote:
But given the sheer number of casualties we've seen already, can they still be considered Safe Wars to the civilians? Or is there a lot of hushing up going on like Russia is currently doing with the casualties it's suffering in Ukraine? Because if so this story sure is presenting one bleak outlook on future politics that I can't entirely disagree with.
Given Qwenthur's outlook way back before he got caught up with Objects, it's entirely likely that the realities of War is something that most people just don't fully comprehend from the safety of their peaceful countries. The propaganda of the 'Clean War' at work most likely.
Old 2015-11-06, 19:18   Link #1153
ChampDream
Alive

This majority of this episode was just Qwenthur and his denseness, I barely understood all the politics in this episode.
Old 2015-11-06, 19:38   Link #1154
Shlugo

40 Object from four superpowers to hunt down one Object? They really are making a show out of it.

A Idol Singer Elite? This strains the boundaries of plausibility a bit but oh well.

So they make adjustment by having her play a flute in a specially constructed room, where the sound waves keep a paper plane afloat and the suit changes pressure based on the melody? That's as overcomplicated method as they come.

Oh and she does all that and writes her sentences in real time using her eyes. They are not called Elites without a reason.

Granny ships those two.

Qwenthur is checking out dat ass.

His music skills may be nonexistent but something tells me the Princess enjoyed his performance anyway.

Oh come on Qwenthur, how fucking dense can you get?! Even Havia can tell you're an idiot. I mean, goddammit.

Even with a small army of Objects on their side they still find a way to get in position where they are only ones around to do something. Who even goes around extorting money from villages when there are dozens of enemy Objects coming their way?

Well, I guess this time they just have to hold on till cavalry arrives. I suspect that the enemy Object itself won't be the main problem this arc. It would be a bit ridiculous if it was.
Old 2015-11-06, 20:35   Link #1155
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

How would have ended Hime with this song instead with ahegao?

Go to 1:50 if you wish.
Old 2015-11-06, 21:02   Link #1156
ReddyRedWolf

Qwentur is as dense as Neutronium. Princess is really head over heels about him.

Havia by now should detect a pattern. Qwentur comes out to save a girl like a knight I try to keep both of us alive no thanks to Leeroy Jenkins.
Old 2015-11-06, 21:56   Link #1157
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So the Princess can get jealous Qwenthur walking a tightrope when she in the object
Old 2015-11-07, 00:33   Link #1158
ReddyRedWolf

On one side Australia doesn't want to be part of any of the power blocs for its independence and make itself prosper on the other it is led by a dictator asshole that the powers that be are just itching an excuse to invade Australia.

I do believe the 4 powers are doing this more out of enlightened self interest rather than real concern for Australia's natives and citizens.
Old 2015-11-07, 02:07   Link #1159
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh ho ho's seiyuu seems to be Kanemoto Hisako
Old 2015-11-07, 02:26   Link #1160
Vaans
NEET

Qwen's denseness could kill him anytime. lol

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, light novel adaptation, mecha, sci-fi