AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-11, 12:54   Link #1141
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Durandal is specialized for casting Ice magic, all he can do is freeze things.

Bardiche and Raising Heart are both quite intelligent, capable of casting spells with very little input from their masters in a pinch, as well as warning them of changing battle conditions.

Reinforce is a step above this, being a fully cognizant person in her own right, as opposed to simply being the operating mind behind Schwertkrutz. (This is also why they call Hayate's Device Reinforce, not Schwertkrutz. There's a HELL of a lot more to her than being a very clever stick.)
Old 2006-12-11, 12:56   Link #1142
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

I think S2U is better, it kicked some metal butt in Season 1, ep 12.

For some reason I see Durandal's head like a bird's head or something...
Old 2006-12-11, 15:49   Link #1143
Kikaifan
Blazing General

If we're talking Reinforce/YnS and not Reinforce 2 she's above actual human mages with their devices, intelligent or not.

Though... I did always wonder if her slowness in combat was because of her corruption making it hard to think or something, or if she just likes doing the 'inevitable as death itself' approach.

Actually I just wish they'd had more time to talk details about how she worked in general. I'm with the pro-technobabble and inane trivia faction, if there is such a thing.
Old 2006-12-11, 17:56   Link #1144
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
Actually I just wish they'd had more time to talk details about how she worked in general. I'm with the pro-technobabble and inane trivia faction, if there is such a thing.
YnS and the other devices.

When Raising Heart was all busted from the fight with Vita, the only thing visible were a couble of wires...
Old 2006-12-11, 18:12   Link #1145
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
This is also why they call Hayate's Device Reinforce
I thought it(the device) is called Reinforce because Hayate gave her that name
Old 2006-12-11, 19:09   Link #1146
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ that is true
Quote:
If we're talking Reinforce/YnS and not Reinforce 2 she's above actual human mages with their devices, intelligent or not.
the original reinforce was actually just like another mage with insane powers...i think that she just needed a medium to possess inorder to release the power ~ but i think the original tome of the night sky would actually be working with its master in unison kinda like two brains in one...super smart! ^_^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-12, 00:13   Link #1147
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ that is true

the original reinforce was actually just like another mage with insane powers...i think that she just needed a medium to possess inorder to release the power ~ but i think the original tome of the night sky would actually be working with its master in unison kinda like two brains in one...super smart! ^_^
Or a great recipe to drive the original creator insane with the amount knowledge and thoughts the other brain brought along...

It almost sounds like combining two personalities into one.

Go multiple personality!
Old 2006-12-12, 03:39   Link #1148
Nemesis

umm guys why does vita love that rabbit soft toy?
Old 2006-12-12, 03:46   Link #1149
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Because Hayate gave it to her as a gift when they were still getting to know each other. It holds her precious memories and feelings towards Hayate.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-12-12, 04:44   Link #1150
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Her initial attraction to it remains a mystery though.

I've had the thought that the Wolkenritter might have been real people who were willingly absorbed into the book, or that their programs were created as copies of existing people, either at some time during the Tome's initial uncorrupted existence or when it was being weaponized. If the others share Signum's religious dedication to combat and knighthood that kind of immortality might have appealed to them.
Old 2006-12-12, 04:47   Link #1151
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Considering that Vita was attracted to something as unnecessary as that bunny, I suspect that she was based on a real knight since nobody would create a fighting machine with such a quirk otherwise.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-12-12, 06:45   Link #1152
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I like the cut of your jib here, Kikai. I too thought this. As programs, an awful lot would have went into their personalities and such which would decrease their use as weapons. So for them to have quirks and personalities it only makes sense if they were somehow, at some point in time actual people.

So now I'm wondering what the daily lives of the real people were like.

Damn. This just gets more and more interresting. It'll likely end up like a few other things I've been into and have this massive world and super-detailed history, 99.9% of which is fan-made.
Old 2006-12-12, 10:42   Link #1153
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Damn. This just gets more and more interresting. It'll likely end up like a few other things I've been into and have this massive world and super-detailed history, 99.9% of which is fan-made.
Nanoha Fan-universe Wiki. I can see it... after finals are over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
So now I'm wondering what the daily lives of the real people were like.
Yeah, I'm really eager to see the role of the Church Knights in StrikerS. If they are in fact Belkan maybe we'll get some insight into the culture past Signum's 'our weapons are our faith' (I think that panel alone is responsible for keeping Signum ahead of Fate and Reinforce in my books. Just... cool).
Old 2006-12-12, 14:26   Link #1154
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Quote:
Reinforce II is quite a bit brighter, or at least more articulate, than Raging Heart and Bardiche. She may not know as much as them (yet) but she's learning very quickly. RH and B are very terse, and speak in a stilited fashion. You can actually have a conversation with Rein would be able to fool the person, causually, into thinking they were speaking with a human.
Old 2006-12-12, 15:27   Link #1155
Kikaifan
Blazing General

I'd say she's brighter. She's got more than just sociability to show for it too; in the manga it seems like Hayate just asks her for an appropriate spell in general terms and she gives her one with that ice bind... the intelligent devices can't do that.
Old 2006-12-12, 17:20   Link #1156
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well i just tend to think of reinforce II as just reinforce but younger (mentally)...lets just says shes a child with emotions same as the the knights still trying to learn

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-12, 18:29   Link #1157
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Less depressed anyway. Having your crazy subconscious kill off a continent every few decades has to wear on you.
Old 2006-12-12, 20:54   Link #1158
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Less depressed anyway. Having your crazy subconscious kill off a continent every few decades has to wear on you.

continenet? more like a world every few decades.
Old 2006-12-13, 01:27   Link #1159
Kikaifan
Blazing General

I'm assuming the TSAB was generally speedy about Rainbowin' her.
Old 2006-12-13, 02:16   Link #1160
JediNight
キズランダム

Well here are my thoughts about the Wolkenritter:

It was said sometime during the series that it was ASSUMED that they had no personalities, because none had ever been shown before. But they also admitted that they had always been treated as tools and used for evil.

It's not until Hayate treats them like people and doesn't expect evil things out of them that their personalities start surfacing. So my feeling is stuff like Vita getting the rabbit (which is still a pretty evil looking rabbit if you ask me LOL) was something from her dormant personality surfacing -- as a young child more-or-less she had probably wanted things that "girls her age" had. And it would make sense that their programs were made more "realistic" via actual data input from one or more real beings.
Closed Thread