AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-05, 17:34   Link #1161
Soji

Quote:
I don't know if that will really work, plus Tatsumi's feelings towards her at that point will be a major factor that fight as well as her's towards him. Akame may be involved at all.
I know this. I just say one of the scenary that can happen if the author chose to go with the full fight. Like that Esdes go full again them in a fight or something like this. Obviously what you said is true.
hell from what we know Esdes can die from the third party.
Quote:
I doubt this case for several reasons.

Suu is Najenda's Teigu, which he'll likely be with her at all times.
This pretty personal battle and Suu doesn't emptional attachment here for it.
Suu (and Najenda) might be dead at this point.
If there is another combatant Tatsumi is the most likely candidate as he has almost the same level grudge as Mein.
Yeah i have to agree with you're reason here. Tatsumi become pretty close with Schere at that time. If Aniki not stop him he would go again Seyriuu that time.

Quote:
I see your point on everything but the minor detail of Tatsumi being almost on the same level grudge...I think he's pretty much on the same level.

God...this talk made me go re-watch Schere's death...the bit with Koro munching on her arm still hits me hard.
You just made me remember her last word/thought before Kuro eat her.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 18:10   Link #1162
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

To be fair, the author isn't killing people just for the sake of killing people. The two people in NR had to die for thematic reasons.

1. Schere - why? Because she's pretty much the NICEST person on the NR team and what better way to show the brutality of their work? Plus seriously, what did she being character wise to the plot?

2. Braht - Yeah...once I figured out he was going to be older mentor figure to Tatsumi, I kinda figured he would bite it sooner or later. My own expectation was later though.

Btw, what's with all the homosexual chars in this manga dying off >_>

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 18:29   Link #1163
Xacual

Am I the only one kind of amused by Schere love? She was a psychopath on the same level as Seryuu. Look at her flashback and the things she says there. The only difference really is that she knew she was broken which Seryuu doesn't realize I guess. Same thing with Leone, she's just a thug and killer that got scouted, I don't see much about her to like either. Lots of people seem to forget these kinds of things about NR when they're discussing this series.

Anyway I'm a firm believer in the Main and Seryuu taking out each other camp.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 18:32   Link #1164
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

It's because Schere is a ditzy, innocent moeblob -_- I'm not surprised she's got lots of love despite only having the focus for...1 chapter...and then dying within 6 chapters.

Old 2012-07-05, 18:33   Link #1165
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well for Main, I somewhat can tolerant her because I can think of a few people I sometimes meet daily that reminds me of her. As for Seiyuu, well I think everyone knows my opinion on that. Her not knowing is quite flawed, Ran who just got into the Capital was able to find out the Doctor's experiments and his twisted fetish. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what he is really like and Ogre for that matter. Schere, despite being a little rough around the edges she is likable. No doubt about it, even with that flaw she reminds of what a big sister is like.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 18:38   Link #1166
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Am I the only one kind of amused by Schere love? She was a psychopath on the same level as Seryuu. Look at her flashback and the things she says there. The only difference really is that she knew she was broken which Seryuu doesn't realize I guess.

Schere was a psychopath, Seryuu has BPD...there's a big difference between them.

I have a thing for the crazies...in case you haven't noticed already...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 18:43   Link #1167
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Randrak42, you mean Borderline personality disorder? The disorder typically involves an unusual degree of instability in mood and black-and-white thinking, or splitting. BPD often manifests itself in idealization and devaluation episodes and chaotic and unstable interpersonal relationships, issues with self-image, identity, and behavior; as well as a disturbance in the individual's sense of self. In extreme cases, this disturbance in the sense of self can lead to periods of dissociation. It is only recognized by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders in individuals over the age of 18; however, symptoms necessary to establish the disorder can also be found in adolescents. Splitting in BPD includes a switch between idealizing and demonizing others. This, combined with mood disturbances, can undermine relationships with family, friends, and co-workers. BPD disturbances may also include harm to oneself. Without treatment, symptoms may worsen, leading to suicide attempts.
Old 2012-07-05, 18:44   Link #1168
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Did you just quote wikipedia?

Old 2012-07-05, 18:46   Link #1169
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Yeah, but I do know a great deal of it. I worked with people like that when I volunteered for my community service hours in a Hospital for my scholarship to Miami. Wikipedia explanation is much more simple than mine. That is why I quote it, other wise I may exceed the limit of words I can post in one box from what I learn in the hospital. I don't like to judge others, but the people affect are seriously need of help. Sometimes that help can be quite heavy, I almost got bitten by a person affect by that.
Old 2012-07-05, 19:00   Link #1170
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Yeah, but I do know of it. I worked with people like that when I volunteered for my community service hours fr my scholarship to Miami. Wikipedia explanation is much more simple than mine. That is why I quote it, other wise I may exceed the limit of words I can post in one box from what I learn in the hospital.
Eh, I can put it in a simpler way

Someone with BPD will normally either hate you or love you. The world is either apples or oranges and nothing else. They have no grey area to work with and given enough incentive/time/whatever the hell can trigger them, they will act upon their love/hate, the best way they see fit...which isn't always the way others see fit.
My older sister has BPD and trust me when I say that, if the right(wrong) triggers are set off, things can get ugly very fast.

A psychopath on the other hand could be said to be someone devoid of emotions. Unlike the usual way people use the term psychopath (the laughing slasher in horror series) they simply don't feel anything like others do(the degree varies of course). If they say...kill someone, while some would freak out, others would feel some sort of rush, a psychopath merely acknowledges the fact that they killed that person and moves on from there.
Schere...is weird because technically she shouldn't have had those emotional displays she did with Tatsumi...but then again it is a manga innit?
Old 2012-07-05, 19:04   Link #1171
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Weird the people I met and helped in the Hospital were quite different who had BPD. They are caution of new people, but you are right when you push the wrong buttons things do go wrong. Maybe your experience is different since its your older sister and she knows you, while the people I helped out didn't.
Old 2012-07-05, 19:21   Link #1172
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
To be fair, the author isn't killing people just for the sake of killing people. The two people in NR had to die for thematic reasons.

1. Schere - why? Because she's pretty much the NICEST person on the NR team and what better way to show the brutality of their work? Plus seriously, what did she being character wise to the plot?

2. Braht - Yeah...once I figured out he was going to be older mentor figure to Tatsumi, I kinda figured he would bite it sooner or later. My own expectation was later though.
Yeah, I agree with you for the most part since the manga isn't a slaugherfest, but it's definitely likely a few more characters will go. Whether it's from NR and Jaeger fighting each other, the Third Party or something completely unrelated is anyone's guess.

Quote:
Btw, what's with all the homosexual chars in this manga dying off >_>
lol, I get what you mean, but their deaths have nothing with sexuality (least of all Braht's).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Am I the only one kind of amused by Schere love? She was a psychopath on the same level as Seryuu. Look at her flashback and the things she says there. The only difference really is that she knew she was broken which Seryuu doesn't realize I guess. Same thing with Leone, she's just a thug and killer that got scouted, I don't see much about her to like either. Lots of people seem to forget these kinds of things about NR when they're discussing this series.

Yes, but for Schere her psychopathic tendencies were more of self-defense mechanism, and she can't really help herself despite being aware of it. She's very nice person though and mostly likely would not hurt anyone that didn't threaten her. In sense she sort of the "Bors" of Night Raid to me. This is probably why Chelsea found her a little too soft.

Leone is definitely "morally" dodgy, but she's not anywhere as bad as the real thugs, and her positive traits outweigh much of her negatives. The "shiftiness" is more of consequence of her growing up in slums otherwise, she's more a long the lines of Chivalrous a Thief/Pirate.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-07-05 at 21:03.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 19:29   Link #1173
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Weird the people I met and helped in the Hospital were quite different who had BPD. They are caution of new people, but you are right when you push the wrong buttons things do go wrong. Maybe your experience is different since its your older sister and she knows you, while the people I helped out didn't.
As with everything, it varies. My sister has always been pretty attached to me (annoyingly so at times growing up) and then there's the whole fact that I (and this is gonna sound weird) know how to handle crazy since I grew up around crazy. So I'm not really the best example but if you will...there was a girl a few years back that belongs to a group my sister used to attend. When we first met she was incredibly cheerful as we talked and couldn't be nicer. Some time later I was with a friend and we met on the street...I swear, you should have seen the glare that girl gave my friend when I introduced him and he raised his hand for a handshake. And then as if flipping a switch it was like he never existed, she ignored his very existence. I swear...it was hilarious for me. My sister too has done things like this, though never of that level.

But does that remind you of someone? Seryuu too was quite spunky and cheerful when meeting Tatsumi wasn't she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Leone is definitely "morally" dodgy, but she's not anywhere as bad as the real thugs, and her positive traits outweigh much of her negatives. The "shiftiness" is more of consequence of her growing up in slums otherwise, she's more a long the lines if Chivalrous Thief/Pirate.
Nee-san worries me, she seems to take great pleasure in the act of killing someone with her own fists.
Old 2012-07-05, 19:38   Link #1174
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Nee-san worries me, she seems to take great pleasure in the act of killing someone with her own fists.
Only to people who do really horrible things to others though. She's certainly a believer in a "eye for eye", which was probably a common thing in the environment she grew up in.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 19:42   Link #1175
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Only to people who do really horrible things to others though. She's certainly a believer in a "eye for eye", which was probably a common thing in the environment she grew up.
True but still...
And it worried me more when she had the brilliant idea of trying to kill Esdese herself...the whole time I was going "Don't you dare...I've already lost Schere, I don't want another Nee-san getting killed!" because the outcome would be obvious. Thank Raptor Jesus that she chickened out when she realized how far out of her league Esdese was.
Old 2012-07-05, 19:51   Link #1176
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Common sense kicked in, why would the Capital's Strongest Fighter would take a simple stroll in the city? Also, her animals instincts told her that something is seriously off. Wish we had something like that.
Old 2012-07-05, 20:03   Link #1177
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Thank raptor jesus it did because I don't know if I would have kept reading if Nee-san also died...
Old 2012-07-05, 21:10   Link #1178
Xacual

She's lucky that Esdese didn't just attack her. I mean Leone was probably within 100 yards of her, I doubt she could have escaped if Esdese gave chase.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 21:51   Link #1179
NeutralZero

guess it means she's not worth of the effort...
but yeah Leone's lucky or to be precise lucky that for her to have that Teigu since other wise if its a different one then she might just go for the kill and end up as Esdes's plaything...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 22:07   Link #1180
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Animals can sense danger literally, I really wish we as humans could have that. Leone's Teigu appear to look like a Lion, Lion and Leone sounds almost the same right? I think Esdes didn't give chase was due to she being in the city, or it could be she wanted to enjoy what it feels like to be hunted.

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!