AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-08-31, 06:56   Link #11781
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Wow... Looks like this thread hit a similar rough patch like we did... Good thing its over; though a word of advice is to lay off sweating the small stuff. Once you get overly technical, then someone throws tolerance out the window, and before long you get ardent fanauthors all guns blazing. Granted it has all but killed us at Nanoha OC.

Keep up the good work!

For the God Emperor Haruki!

*reburrows*
Old 2008-08-31, 07:06   Link #11782
stubby42

Thanks alot dkellis, that makes it alot easier cant wait to get reading.
stubby42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 15:57   Link #11783
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Ummm...Mission Accomplished?

Would the batting order need changing if Haruki thinks Kyon can still clean house? That or he'd expect the order to laod up the bases so he can get a Grand Slam each and every time.
I NEED HELP UNDERSTANDING BASEBALL TERMS, LOL.

Anyone willing to help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
That seems a bit odd. It's somewhat believable for Haruhi to intentionally will Kyon into clean up, and then to be upset at his lack of performance. The same cannot be same for Haruki doing that to Kyonko. I have a hard time seeing Haruki unconsciously swooning at Kyonko's batting performance.

The more believable scenario is Haruki willing himself into clean up in the desire to take spot light/impress Kyonko. This would turn into restrained embarrassments when he starts striking out to a bunch of girls. Seriously, in Haruki's warped chauvinistic brain, what would be worse than losing to a bunch of chicks infront of the love interest?

This could lead to Kyonko actually being somewhat amused at Haruki's discomfort at losing to the female college team, given his earlier disparaging remarks about the female sex.
Eeeeexactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
Not to mention the severe depression on realizing the girl he likes isn't supporting him. Hence, why it was suggested that Kyonko cosplay a cheerleader to perk him back up.
Otaku Stench.

No, I think the bunny suit is enough, and I have plans for the whole cheerleading thing already.

God, I love Haruki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discreet View Post
I agree, but I'll elaborate on my opinion when I have my edit out.
Please do.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 18:58   Link #11784
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Real quick question here Erranon, are we going with a meme of Haruki trying to get Kyonko to get into something more provocative? Considering that we have to portray Kyonko having some degree of control of Haruki, most of these attempts will fail. I can see them happening the following times.

1.Melancholy photo shoot
-Looks like we've already done this, with Kyonko as a bunny girl
2.Baseball game
-Haruki tries to get Kyonko into a cheerleader outfit to rally the team. Rejected (Haruki pissed)
3.Mysterious island
-Haruki complains about the lack of a bikini (I personally would prefer her having a regular one piece. The School one just seems a bit weird)
4.Endless eight
-Same as above
5.During the filming
-Haruki floats the idea of using Bunny girl Kyonko for adverts (I could See Itsuko going along with it)
6.Disappearance
-Haruki assigns (Festive holiday related) outfit at punishment for her period of being knocked out (This will be one of the times Haruki gets away with it)
7.Intrigues of Haruki Suzumiya
-This is in response to the "Date" that Kyonko and Mitsuru had in Melancholy of Mitsuru.

If we do include forced Kyonko cosplay, it has to be done in a manner where it's clear that Haruki can't just demand that Kyonko to do it. The times that he can actually get her to comply with it are relatively rare. Though we can still maintain the humor of Haruki trying to convince her to do it.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 19:35   Link #11785
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Real quick question here Erranon, are we going with a meme of Haruki trying to get Kyonko to get into something more provocative? Considering that we have to portray Kyonko having some degree of control of Haruki, most of these attempts will fail. I can see them happening the following times.

1.Melancholy photo shoot
-Looks like we've already done this, with Kyonko as a bunny girl
2.Baseball game
-Haruki tries to get Kyonko into a cheerleader outfit to rally the team. Rejected (Haruki pissed)
3.Mysterious island
-Haruki complains about the lack of a bikini (I personally would prefer her having a regular one piece. The School one just seems a bit weird)
4.Endless eight
-Same as above
5.During the filming
-Haruki floats the idea of using Bunny girl Kyonko for adverts (I could See Itsuko going along with it)
6.Disappearance
-Haruki assigns (Festive holiday related) outfit at punishment for her period of being knocked out (This will be one of the times Haruki gets away with it)
7.Intrigues of Haruki Suzumiya
-This is in response to the "Date" that Kyonko and Mitsuru had in Melancholy of Mitsuru.

If we do include forced Kyonko cosplay, it has to be done in a manner where it's clear that Haruki can't just demand that Kyonko to do it. The times that he can actually get her to comply with it are relatively rare. Though we can still maintain the humor of Haruki trying to convince her to do it.
Sure.

In Endless Eight though, I'm gonna have Itsuko secretly switch Kyonko's swimsuit with a bikini, just for kicks. And for this line:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyonko
(Sigh) Fine, fine, I'll wear it. But HOW do you have my exact measurements?
Old 2008-08-31, 20:04   Link #11786
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Sure.

In Endless Eight though, I'm gonna have Itsuko secretly switch Kyonko's swimsuit with a bikini, just for kicks. And for this line:
That would be amusing

Her primary concern is keeping Haruki happy after all
Old 2008-08-31, 20:53   Link #11787
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I would find it even more amusing if Itsuko's answer would be:

Quote:
"Do you REALLY want to know?" Itsuko says leering provocatively in Kyonko's direction.

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 20:55   Link #11788
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I would find it even more amusing if Itsuko's answer would be:

SO doing that.
Old 2008-08-31, 22:09   Link #11789
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
That, or Kyonko realizes it herself.

Quote:
Fine, I'll do what Haruki says. But how did he manage to get my exact measurements in the first place?

((Itsuko enters the scene, doing something completely unrelated.))

Oh. Right.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 22:10   Link #11790
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyonko
(Sigh) Fine, fine, I'll wear it. But HOW do you have my exact measurements?
This has to be preceded by Itsuko giving one of her standard lectures, except now on why it's important for Kyonko to adhere to certain visual standards around Haruki

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
That, or Kyonko realizes it herself.
Kinda pointless, considering that the incident with the Bunny suit has already demonstrated that Haruki already knows her measurements.

Bug I digress. I think it's better to have the endless 8 incident be handled by Itsuko. For one thing it makes the organization seem more proactive (kinda creepy how you have secret organization mandating the percentage of fabric allowed on your bathing suit ), plus there is the fact that we don't want Kyonko turning into a perpetual cosrape victim like Mikuru (Though I think many of us would like it). Kyonko needs an extra venue to be able to stand up to Haruki considering how much more overt he is in blowing over everyone's protests.

Plus, Haruki will be much more satisfied that Kyonko started wearing Bikini's because he told her to.

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2008-08-31 at 22:22.
Old 2008-09-01, 03:34   Link #11791
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
Quote:
Otaku Stench.

No, I think the bunny suit is enough, and I have plans for the whole cheerleading thing already.

God, I love Haruki.
The bunny suit was totally unecessary. This OTOH, has the fate of the world riding on it. Save the cheerleader, save the world.

In endless eight, isn't it easier if no one told her to bring swimwear, forcing her to wear whatever Itsuko prepared for her?
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 08:24   Link #11792
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
The bunny suit was totally unecessary. This OTOH, has the fate of the world riding on it. Save the cheerleader, save the world.
The bunny suit was amusing.

Quote:
In endless eight, isn't it easier if no one told her to bring swimwear, forcing her to wear whatever Itsuko prepared for her?
It's more amusing to have Itsuko do it.
Old 2008-09-02, 18:31   Link #11793
Keahi19

So this is where it started. Cool.
Keahi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 18:46   Link #11794
vivify93

Send a message via MSN to vivify93
Okay, so today I was showering before my first day of school. My thoughts turned to the recent "Itsuko knows Kyonko's measurements" discussion, which lead me to thinking of Kyonko in a bikini. Two seconds later, I was quite literally having a nosebleed. Seriously, I bled and bled everywhere. Our tub clogs a little, right? Well, the water under my feet was completely red. I thought I was having an ulcer or something since it was my first day of high school, but it stopped after I got out of the shower.

I just chalked it up to another influence. Everyone remind me not to think of a bikini-clad Kyonko while I'm naked.
Old 2008-09-02, 19:03   Link #11795
PrincessFrani
TsuruyaxMikuru Worshipper

This just came out of curiosity but if they had actual seiyuu doing the generbender's voice, who would you suggest?
PrincessFrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 19:13   Link #11796
xkazex
kaze no rojikku
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to xkazex
Vivify are you serious!?!? I always thought that nose bleeding from something of that sort was only a form of media expression. SO its real after all!?!?! Oh my GOD!!!
xkazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 19:28   Link #11797
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keahi19 View Post
Yes indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivify93 View Post
Okay, so today I was showering before my first day of school. My thoughts turned to the recent "Itsuko knows Kyonko's measurements" discussion, which lead me to thinking of Kyonko in a bikini. Two seconds later, I was quite literally having a nosebleed. Seriously, I bled and bled everywhere. Our tub clogs a little, right? Well, the water under my feet was completely red. I thought I was having an ulcer or something since it was my first day of high school, but it stopped after I got out of the shower.

I just chalked it up to another influence. Everyone remind me not to think of a bikini-clad Kyonko while I'm naked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkazex View Post
Vivify are you serious!?!? I always thought that nose bleeding from something of that sort was only a form of media expression. SO its real after all!?!?! Oh my GOD!!!
Coincidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFrani View Post
This just came out of curiosity but if they had actual seiyuu doing the generbender's voice, who would you suggest?
We had a list going somewhere back. Can't be bothered to look for it now though.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 19:48   Link #11798
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keahi19 View Post
WELCOME. YOU SHALL SERVE KYONKO WELL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
We had a list going somewhere back. Can't be bothered to look for it now though.
Don't worry, Danchou. Someone with too much time on their hands will look for it for us.

Also, curious: What does the moonspeak in your sig say? I can see "AAAAAAAAAA" but...
Old 2008-09-02, 19:53   Link #11799
xkazex
kaze no rojikku
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to xkazex
Coincidence, why that was my very first solution to the concept.
Vivify to prove the validity of the situation, go back in the showers and think of kyonko in bikini and see if it happens again. DO IT IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE AND REALITY!!!
xkazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 19:53   Link #11800
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
WELCOME. YOU SHALL SERVE KYONKO WELL.
So much for the greeter doing that.

Quote:
Don't worry, Danchou. Someone with too much time on their hands will look for it for us.
You heard the man. Now who's going to be the someone?

Quote:
Also, curious: What does the moonspeak in your sig say? I can see "AAAAAAAAAA" but...
EIYUU SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

From the Ultraman Nexus OP. You know, the one I was making a storyboard for so that we could eventually make a MAD.

Like the Tenchou one for example.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan