AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-16, 09:22   Link #11801
dai ca superman

Onii-sama, can you hear my song?

Old 2014-03-16, 09:31   Link #11802
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dai ca superman View Post
Onii-sama, can you hear my song?

He will, Miyuki-sama...He will...eventually.
Old 2014-03-16, 09:33   Link #11803
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Yes, I'm a hardcore Erika shipper and as someone who's mainly from the TAMNI/NT/TAKNR threads all I'll say is you don't know what a true shipping war is, trust me.

I don't really mind them, it always brings a smile to mu face seeing the Miyuki and Mayumi fans flip and throw around unfounded and improbable ideas on how their ship works, it guves me something to read. XD
TAMNI I'm assuming is the To Aru threads? Are there actual shipping wars there? I always just assume it's harem confirmed. Scary stuff man. Scary.

I've just seen some Mayumi and Miyuki theories that didn't seem that unfounded. I've seen a lot of the "Mayumi is from the 10 families so TatsXMayumi ship confirmed" too. But I've also seen some pretty good, detailed ones that sound plausible.

I just don't like the Erika ship. I also don't like pony tails. You read that pampz? I DON'T LIKE PONY TAILS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
Don't forget the most popular question.

Phalanx vs Decomposition.

I believe someone will start this again when the anime start and animate Phalanx.
I feel like getting some perspective on what some of these things look like in motion will actually help a lot of the theories a lot. Like, in general. Like, all of them. Even some of Pampz arguments will probably make more sense. Like how fast Erika is supposed to be. Right now it's sort of an in between the lines type thing, but after we see it, we'll have frame of reference at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
My say on the shipping?

The Tatsuya=Shiva and Miyuki=Shakti(Parvati) Parallels.

My say on the technobabble debates?

I'm just here to see the world burn...
It's okay. I like your Hindu parallels.

But I wish there was a rule to post big images in spoiler tags. They're just so big, and right in your face.
Old 2014-03-16, 09:59   Link #11804
Rasen

Quote:
I don't really mind them, it always brings a smile to mu face seeing the Miyuki and Mayumi fans flip and throw around unfounded and improbable ideas on how their ship works, it guves me something to read. XD
Here's the problem with going against TatsuyaXMiyuki, and that is, it is probably the closest thing to a romantic relationship he will ever have.

As a TatsuyaxLina person, I unfortunately still have to acknowledge everytime the author decides to insert another Miyuki-on-the-prowl scene+Tatsuya's acknowledgement of her apparently unworldly beauty that makes men into boys and girls into bisexuals.

I think there's even a scene in volume 12, where after seeing Miyuki in an apron, Tatsuya gives thanks to his mother and aunt for killing most of his capacity for emotions, so that he could focus on something other than her bare thighs.

Tatsuya keeps telling himself that he only sees Miyuki as a sister, but time and again, when Miyuki goes all-out, he gets stunned or has to shut himself down to prevent himself from reacting.

Also, from a developmental psychology viewpoint, it's a little suspicious that he claims he only has "brotherly feelings" for Miyuki. Part of the reason why normal people don't view their siblings as romantic partners is because they grew up with them. They just got so used to them that there's no excitement, romance, surprise, or discovery that comes with meeting new people.

It's also why we occasionally get news stories of siblings who were separated at birth (not twins, but maybe one was given up for adoption before the other was born), met, fell in love, and got married, only to find out they were related.

Miyuki and Tatsuya did not have that. Tatsuya and Miyuki basically met for the first time when they were...12, 13? Tatsuya basically says as much, when he remembers about the first time they met. "He didn't have any of the memories of growing up as family, and he was forced to acknowledge Miyuki as a beautiful young lady." And I think we can all agree that Miyuki has very non-sibling love for Tatsuya.

This basically means that Tatsuya's loyalty and love for Miyuki were implanted in him artificially, only without the inoculation that comes from growing up beside someone.

That Tatsuya only has a "sibling-love" for Miyuki most likely is because he doesn't have any higher emotions resulting from his gimped emotion-processing. However little you think of his feelings for Miyuki, whatever he feels for anyone else is SO MUCH less.

Which unfortunately leads to the following guesses about how it ends for him:

1) Tatsuya and Miyuki get together
2) Tatsuya stays alone.
3) Miyuki orders Tatsuya to marry someone else, he does, and once they find out how little he actually feels for them, they get divorced. (Said wife and any possible children will always come a DISTANT second to Miyuki. That's gotta hurt.)
Old 2014-03-16, 10:30   Link #11805
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
oh my god, suzaku got ressurected!!!!!!

Where's lelouch!!???
You see him almost every vol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I just don't like the Erika ship. I also don't like pony tails. You read that pampz? I DON'T LIKE PONY TAILS.
I better tell Kyon-kun then; so that he will order Haruhi to make a world where girls can only wear ponytail; even for a day#!

PS: Im sure this will lead to a shipping war so lets stop this for now; and close the thread for spoilers until new fans who are curious ask..

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-03-16, 10:32   Link #11806
Zoks

Tatsuya and Miyuki knew each other much longer than that. Note how Miyuki comments on his elementary school life and how Tatsuya was always her Guardian. The distance between them as children was emotional and social, not physical.
Old 2014-03-16, 10:43   Link #11807
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
Tatsuya and Miyuki knew each other much longer than that. Note how Miyuki comments on his elementary school life and how Tatsuya was always her Guardian. The distance between them as children was emotional and social, not physical.
Could you please provide a quote or something, because I'm pretty darn sure they were kept separated at least 95% of the time, specifically on orders from their mother.

Edit: I found a relevant quote:

Quote:
Even if they were siblings, Tatsuya and Miyuki only started living together three years ago. In other words, they became bona fide siblings only three years ago. Before that fateful summer three years ago, even if they were living under the same roof, they practically never interacted with one another. Their current proximity was something strictly forbidden by their mother just as she denied any normal sibling interaction. Still, that may have been something decided by the Yotsuba Family.
I read this as saying that they were kept separate like strangers, even on the occasion they lived in the same area. That's not social or emotional, but an imposed distance between them. To say that they "knew" each other, is a bit like saying you know of the person who lives 8 blocks away, and who you never get together with, just to talk or be friendly with.

Trite as it may read, there's a difference between "knowing" someone and KNOWING someone.

Last edited by Rasen; 2014-03-16 at 10:57.
Old 2014-03-16, 10:55   Link #11808
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
Could you please provide a quote or something, because I'm pretty darn sure they were kept separated at least 95% of the time, specifically on orders from their mother.
Wasn't something like that mentioned back in volume 8 when Tatsuya and Miyuki went to the Kuroba party?
Sorry I don't feel like going back to search for a quote
Old 2014-03-16, 11:03   Link #11809
GenesiD

Just finished the 12th volume. I must say, the Lina - Vampire arc was the worst. Can't believe three volumes were used for it >.> Have to say 9SC and Yokohama arc were the best although something tells me that is probably the popular opinion here.
Furthermore (I'm sorry) but TatsuyaXMayumi OTP I realize that the chances of them getting together aren't that great but who knows, a political marriage can still happen (seeing as how Koichi might uncover who he is through finding out who Mahesvara is) in order to "bridge" the enmity between the Yotsuba and the Saegusa. As for his emotions, I'd really like to see what happens if he is able to recover/redevelop some aspects of his emotion. But that's probably me.

What do we know about Volume 13 so far plot-wise?
Old 2014-03-16, 11:11   Link #11810
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesiD View Post
Just finished the 12th volume. I must say, the Lina - Vampire arc was the worst. Can't believe three volumes were used for it >.> Have to say 9SC and Yokohama arc were the best although something tells me that is probably the popular opinion here.
Pretty much right about the most popular arcs, and about the visitor arc, well, it was the first arc where Tatsuya faces a considerable challenge, so of course it should be a big thing, and I did enjoy some of the smallest things, mainly Pixie, who pretty much saved the whole thing for me, but if you ask me, the big problem was Lina. I don't know why, but I just couldn't get into her.
Old 2014-03-16, 11:12   Link #11811
Vocah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
Miyuki and Tatsuya did not have that. Tatsuya and Miyuki basically met for the first time when they were...12, 13?
Just to quote from vol8
"Ani became my Guardian when I was six years old. My first Guardian is Ani, this is probably something that will not be changed for a long time."
Old 2014-03-16, 11:24   Link #11812
GenesiD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Pretty much right about the most popular arcs, and about the visitor arc, well, it was the first arc where Tatsuya faces a considerable challenge, so of course it should be a big thing, and I did enjoy some of the smallest things, mainly Pixie, who pretty much saved the whole thing for me, but if you ask me, the big problem was Lina. I don't know why, but I just couldn't get into her.
I feel exactly the same. Lina just didn't do it for me. Sadly I fully expect her to make another appearance sometime soon. Pixie was one of the best things of the arc haha Honoka's unsuppressed emotions xd
Old 2014-03-16, 11:29   Link #11813
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
Wasn't something like that mentioned back in volume 8 when Tatsuya and Miyuki went to the Kuroba party?
Sorry I don't feel like going back to search for a quote
I re-read the Kuroba party scene, and basically the things Miyuki knows about Tatsuya are like the things you get off a report card. "Intelligent, good grades, physically fit, and knows counter-magic."

I believe throughout volume 8, Miyuki continually expresses confusion about Tatsuya and about not knowing anything about his personal interests, etc.

Basically strangers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
Just to quote from vol8
"Ani became my Guardian when I was six years old. My first Guardian is Ani, this is probably something that will not be changed for a long time."
Thank you for that.

However, that being said, I refer you to the quote in volume 4 I cited earlier. They didn't live under the same roof, and when they were in the same room, they were forbidden from acting in any normal way between each other.

Also, Tatsuya has the ability to protect Miyuki even when not by her side.

So to reiterate, they were basically strangers.

To pull another quote from volume 4, Tatsuya also refers a bit to this:

Quote:
The adolescent years were accompanied by impulsive anger, tears, falls, mistakes and other embarrassing memories if known by other family members. Yet for Tatsuya, who never enjoyed the luxury of these memories, Miyuki became a "beautiful girl one year younger than he was" by default. Since he was forced to see her in an impartial light from the onset, Tatsuya was well aware that she was a classy, beautiful young girl from the start.
Basically, Tatsuya didn't get to share in any of the experiences that family members have from living together, the things which make it so that no matter how attractive two siblings are, the idea of romance between each other makes them go "ew." I will admit that they knew each other before they were 12, but they didn't become "family" until then. Before, it was like "distant servant" and "rich lady who views servants as tools."

And because I know someone else will point to the following paragraph, I might as well do it for them.

Quote:
In spite of this, the affection that sprouted forth from the depths of his heart only identified Miyuki as a young sister. The only true emotion that dwelt in the realm of his consciousness was the familial love he bore for his sister.
Again, Tatsuya believes that he only sees Miyuki as a sister. But given his willingness to do ANYTHING for her, those aren't normal sibling feelings (How many brothers do you know would be willing to reveal classified information to people without security clearances, just because their sister asks them once?). Possibly the only thing that keeps him from jumping her is that his emotional and physical responses are gimped.

This is evidenced when Ono-sensei tries to make him uncomfortable by dressing all sexy. He can feel his body respond, he thinks "yeah, that's attractive," and then consciously squishes the feeling.
Old 2014-03-16, 11:31   Link #11814
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
If question is ask I will remain true and true....Erika and Tatsuya isnt OTP...they dont share love as a lover; but a friendship in a more higher level.
Some people might interpret it as borderline Romance?...but their weird friendship will be the fuel of our ship#!
OMG! I thought I've loss you. Now that you've come to your sense, we're back being comrade.

Grow, ErixTatsu ship!!
but I still secretly ship Ayako, Izumi, and Minami though
Old 2014-03-16, 11:49   Link #11815
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
bunch of posts
i'm superman!!!!
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-03-16, 12:02   Link #11816
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesiD View Post
Furthermore (I'm sorry) but TatsuyaXMayumi OTP I realize that the chances of them getting together aren't that great but who knows, a political marriage can still happen (seeing as how Koichi might uncover who he is through finding out who Mahesvara is) in order to "bridge" the enmity between the Yotsuba and the Saegusa. As for his emotions, I'd really like to see what happens if he is able to recover/redevelop some aspects of his emotion. But that's probably me.

What do we know about Volume 13 so far plot-wise?
You dont like vampire arc?>> Well I dont really it either..but I like Erika;
Tatsuya saving Erika, Tatsuya comforting Erika, Erika knowing Tatsuya's secret, Erika saying her confession...(This is my confession)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
OMG! I thought I've loss you. Now that you've come to your sense, we're back being comrade.

Grow, ErixTatsu ship!!
but I still secretly ship Ayako, Izumi, and Minami though
My bad I was fighting a losing war; so I didnt need friends to go down with me
My flag is still waving Proud & Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
i'm superman!!!!
Superman? then I'll be "The Joker"#!

PS:

This is Suuupartahhhh!!!!

EDIT: Now that I think about it...Miyuki may be beautiful; but she doesnt have a harem, more like FanBoys.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-03-16 at 12:20.
Old 2014-03-16, 12:36   Link #11817
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
You dont like vampire arc?>> Well I dont really it either..but I like Erika;
Tatsuya saving Erika, Tatsuya comforting Erika, Erika knowing Tatsuya's secret, Erika saying her confession...(This is my confession)

My bad I was fighting a losing war; so I didnt need friends to go down with me
My flag is still waving Proud & Strong

Superman? then I'll be "The Joker"#!

PS:

This is Suuupartahhhh!!!!

EDIT: Now that I think about it...Miyuki may be beautiful; but she doesnt have a harem, more like FanBoys.
Confession? what confession? I.MUST.KNOW. please tell me.
Old 2014-03-16, 12:49   Link #11818
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Confession? what confession? I.MUST.KNOW. please tell me.
Nothing. Erika just confessed to Mizuki(VOl 10) that she felt jealous when Tat also helped 'that woman's(Mayumi)' group. Chapter 8, read it!
Old 2014-03-16, 13:04   Link #11819
anonfr

Quote:
You see him almost every vol.

I better tell Kyon-kun then; so that he will order Haruhi to make a world where girls can only wear ponytail; even for a day#!

PS: Im sure this will lead to a shipping war so lets stop this for now; and close the thread for spoilers until new fans who are curious ask..
Ha Ha Ha Ha.
Old 2014-03-16, 13:52   Link #11820
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
Nothing. Erika just confessed to Mizuki(VOl 10) that she felt jealous when Tat also helped 'that woman's(Mayumi)' group. Chapter 8, read it!
Oh, that yeah I read it, it was an awesome day.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings