AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2015-03-17, 07:17   Link #11821
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Nah, they make fools of themselves, unintentionally.
It'll be good if they only make a fool out of themselves instead of the entire county
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 07:49   Link #11822
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
It'll be good if they only make a fool out of themselves instead of the entire county

U.S.-China 'bromance' sparked by stolen iPhone moves China's netizens

Quote:
(Reuters) - It was a rare, if bizarre, moment of tenderness in the otherwise tense US-China relationship: an American journalist embracing the Chinese man who had been using his stolen iPhone.

Matt Stopera and Li Hongjun met for the first time on Tuesday night at an airport in southern China, in the latest chapter of what some Chinese are calling an international "bromance".

In February, Stopera, a New York-based writer for website Buzzfeed, became famous in China for an article describing how photos from China began to appear on his phone's photo stream after his iPhone was stolen in New York.

Chinese netizens tracked the photos, and the stolen iPhone, to Li Hongjun, a 30-year-old restaurateur in Meizhou, a city in the southern province of Guangdong. Li and Stopera, who is 25, connected online and planned this week's meeting in Meizhou.

Li, known online as Brother Orange after his selfies with tangerine trees showed up in Stopera's photo stream, said his nephew gave him the secondhand phone as a gift last October, but he had no idea where the phone came from.

Many iPhones stolen in the US end up in China.

Fittingly for a relationship developed over the Internet, the activities of Stopera and Li in Meizhou were exhaustively documented online.

Stopera, whose month-old Weibo account has nearly 180,000 fans, posted pictures of himself eating Chinese porridge and pickled radish, planting a tree, and taking a selfie with Li and tangerine trees.

Weibo users seemed tickled by the duo. "A genuine and slightly serious middle aged man versus an amiable, smiley American fellow - such an interesting pair," wrote one user.

Reached by telephone, Li said his life had not changed much since meeting Stopera.

"It's no big deal if customers want to take pictures with me. People call me 'Brother Orange', or take pictures of me when I'm walking on the street. It doesn't bother me. It feels really good."

Meizhou, a city of about 5 million people about 2,000 km (1,243 miles) from the capital, Beijing, is about 360 km (224 miles) from Shenzhen, where Taiwanese manufacturer Foxconn makes the iPhone.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 21:09   Link #11823
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Girlfriend and ex-girlfriend both jump into river to see who BF would rescue

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/ma...-1227269168173

Quote:

A CONFUSED boyfriend was faced with a tricky choice after both his ex and current girlfriend threw themselves into a river to see who he would rescue.
Wu Hsia, 21, had broken up with long-term girlfriend Jun Tang, 20, after meeting new love Rong Tsao, 22, in Ningbo city in east China’s Zhejiang province. But over the following three months, jilted Jun kept hassling him to get back with her and pressuring Rong to leave him. Eventually, Wu decided to arrange a meeting between the three of them at a nearby park next to a river.
“I was sick of being nagged from both sides,” he said.
“Rong was moaning about Jun and Jun was moaning about her and it all go too much.
“I became confused about who I wanted so I thought it would be best if we all met and talked about it.”
But when they got to the river, the situation went from bad to worse.

“The girls began arguing and then Jun flipped and jumped off the bridge and straight into the water.
“She was calling for help but then Rong also leapt over saying it was her or my ex.
“I was completely dumbfounded about what was going on.
“But then I realised that I had to do something so I also jumped in but to save Rong.”
After dragging the soaking wet girl ashore, Wu phoned his brother to rescue the floundering ex before taking Rong home.
Meanwhile Wu’s brother called the fire brigade who arrived at the scene and helped Jun out of the water.
“She was taken to hospital but was released soon after without any major injuries,” a hospital spokesman said.
“I was put in a difficult situation and had to make a choice between right and wrong,” Wu admitted.
“And I chose Rong.”

Spoiler for .:
Old 2015-03-18, 21:53   Link #11824
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ the young man has made his choice. now let's go bang us some Rong! *cheers*

Rong! Rong! Rong!
Spoiler:
Old 2015-03-19, 14:07   Link #11825
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

For those who (or used to) DIY their own music rigs.

Roadies: Unlikely Survivors in the Music Business

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2015-03-20, 11:09   Link #11826
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran View Post
^ the young man has made his choice. now let's go bang us some Rong! *cheers*

Rong! Rong! Rong!
Spoiler:
Of course the right answer is to leave them both and go home to some peace....
Old 2015-03-21, 05:20   Link #11827
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Old 2015-03-21, 10:09   Link #11828
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

He's covered in head to toe. "a black male" -_____facepalm_____-
Old 2015-03-21, 10:49   Link #11829
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
He's covered in head to toe. "a black male" -_____facepalm_____-
Does this mean Storm Troopers are white males?
Old 2015-03-21, 11:11   Link #11830
HasuMasu
*Artist

Maybe they guessed from his voice.
Old 2015-03-21, 15:33   Link #11831
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Girlfriend and ex-girlfriend both jump into river to see who BF would rescue

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/ma...-1227269168173

Spoiler for .:
Is this a real story? It's almost written like one of those Onion articles, especially with that zinger last line
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-21, 15:38   Link #11832
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I guess when Obama said no to the Death Star, he had to find other funding options.

Old 2015-03-21, 21:23   Link #11833
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
Is this a real story? It's almost written like one of those Onion articles, especially with that zinger last line

It very well could be a made up story, made to lead up to that golden finish at the end of the article. But everyone hopes the story and article is legit.
Old 2015-03-21, 21:39   Link #11834
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

on related notes

First Jedi Academy Open in Belgium

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 11:26   Link #11835
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Republican Nigerian Prince Campaigns : Ted Cruz’s website poses unnecessary security risks for donors

Japanese tourist injured in Tunisian terrorist attack also attacked by Japanese media in hospital

Quote:
After she was moved, I heard someone yelling at the Japanese Ambassador outside the room: ‘Let us do the interview. You do not have the authority to stop us from interviewing her.’ The ambassador told me: ‘Asahi Shimbun wants you to let them interview you, but you don’t have to do it. You’re in bad shape, and we don’t know how the interview will be used, so you can refuse if you’d like.’ Since I’d been doing all these interviews up to now thinking I had no choice, I was so happy I cried.
Well, the doctor does! I am sure the Tunisian police would gladly bring the reporter outside and knock some sense into him.

Over here the reporter can be arrested AND manhandled for putting a patient's safety at risk through duress.

Old 2015-03-27, 18:44   Link #11836
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Basketball Player's Name Is Spelled Like The F-Word, And He's Proud Of It
Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...usaolp00000592
Quote:
After nearly a full season, a star basketball player finally got to be who he really is: Guilherme Carbagiale Fuck.
"I would always rather use my last-last name," he told the Medicine Hat News.
comments: cool last name. i'd be like "hey FUCK, do you even fuck?" ha ha.

kind of reminds me of a buddy of mine in boot camp. his last name was Private Drinkwater.
whenever our drill sergent says "Drinkwater", i thought he wanted us to drink water. ^ ^;
Old 2015-03-28, 04:52   Link #11837
Tiberium Wolf

Bank robbery defendant Andrew Gilbertson takes witness stand in trial, eats feces

Is this his attempt to show that he is crazy and shouldn't be jailed?
Old 2015-03-28, 06:33   Link #11838
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran View Post
Basketball Player's Name Is Spelled Like The F-Word, And He's Proud Of It
Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...usaolp00000592

comments: cool last name. i'd be like "hey FUCK, do you even fuck?" ha ha.

kind of reminds me of a buddy of mine in boot camp. his last name was Private Drinkwater.
whenever our drill sergent says "Drinkwater", i thought he wanted us to drink water. ^ ^;
I remember this guy I met in the army who is an Indian-Eurasian with the English last name Black. Unfortunately as an Indian-descent he has dark skin. Hilarity ensues when the more goody-two-shoes officers do their best not to be seen as racist, while the NCOs abuse it at every turn.

Oh yes, the regular "racist" jokes of black camoflage, boars are pigs, aim for the light skinned guys with the NVDs, self-wrap cigarettes in the outfield with dubious content, naked artillery drills.......it teaches you well about looking at the bright side of life at every situation.

Old 2015-03-30, 22:08   Link #11839
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

http://www.sciencetimes.com/articles...burn-drugs.htm
Quote:
Residents of Tangerang, Jakarta reportedly suffered from mild headaches and other minor side effects following the destruction of a large amount of illegal drugs on Saturday by Jakarta Police. The narcotics involved included marijuana, crystal methamphetamine, and ecstasy pills, according to AsiaOne.

The report stated that 3.3 tons of marijuana were incinerated by the Palmerah Police Department in West Jakarta. However, the exact amount of the illegal herb that was destroyed seems to be under some debate. Some reports stated that only 390 kilograms of the drug were burned, while the Jakarta Post places the number at 500 kilos.@
I'm fairly certain this is NOT how you're supposed to dispose drugs.
Dudes are having a freakin' bonfire out in the open.

The whole town must have been stoned.
Old 2015-03-30, 22:20   Link #11840
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

http://www.sciencetimes.com/articles...burn-drugs.htm

I'm fairly certain this is NOT how you're supposed to dispose drugs.
Dudes are having a freakin' bonfire out in the open.

The whole town must have been stoned.
Bring out the beer. PARTAYYYYYYY!!!!

Tags
humor