AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-02-17, 22:11   Link #11841
Gravitas Free Zone

http://ftr.wot-news.com/wp-content/u...200376_900.jpg and http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/02/17/serb-in-one-picture/

The T21 was not the worst thing I've ground through... it just was a little big and slow for its expected task.

This game... couldn't get the replay to upload, but I'll say this: It was not an example of finesse tanking. It was not an example of good strategy. It was an example of driving straight into danger like a loyal conscript soldier... and RNG blessing me with all its noodley goodness.

Images
I'd like to thank the 1C for the Steel Wall.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 13:25   Link #11842
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

The worst thing I ground was the Chaffee. I wish I didn't, as I am just bad with scouts.

If there is an option in the future to trade tanks for XP, the Chaffee would be the first to go.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 13:54   Link #11843
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

If the chaffee linked to the higher light tank line (instead of the arty line????) then it wouldn't be so bad, but as it is its a real waste of 55k xp.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 14:20   Link #11844
Gravitas Free Zone

I'm keeping the Chaffee for the time in, say, 2015 when there might finally be another American light/medium line that's not the autoloader line. But operating it is a pain. It would be nice if the Chaffee had its repair costs lowered, like the other old top-tier scouts did when the tech trees were rearranged.
Old 2014-02-19, 15:20   Link #11845
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I'm waiting for the inevitable nerf that'll come with the extended American scout line before I dare touch the Chaffee. I don't want another heartbreak like with the T-50(-2).
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 21:21   Link #11846
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

There are days when the game simply decides you are not allowed to win:

Cutting my losses and calling it quits here for today...
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 22:26   Link #11847
LeoXiao
思想工作

...in other news, still haven't seen a single national battle.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 22:57   Link #11848
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Actually, had a good session last night, despite how almost every game I had usually started with me having to reconnect, or stalling for at least a minute. Good thing my platoonmates were understanding of my situation, and whats more, comms made it easier for me to coordinate with them -- if only to listen to what they were talking about.

Oh, and why didn't ANYONE tell me that, with the new maps, any audio mods were pretty much null and void? Had to pretty much copy the entire default audio folder to the 8.11 folder to prevent the game from kicking me out or crashing.
Old 2014-02-20, 00:54   Link #11849
Gravitas Free Zone

I've always copied res\audio into res_mods, since the first time I loaded the GuP mods that step was mentioned in the instructions.

Connection oddities: Even my almost-always-good connection to NA East has had a higher-than-average level of weirdness lately. Can't imagine connecting from halfway around the planet.

I've been practicing being good in chat. I haven't turned it off yet, but since people can now presume that you're not using chat if you ignore them, I've tried very much in the past three days to not go off on expletive-fueled rants when I discover that the only other tanks alive on my team are bots and idlers... in which case they wouldn't hear me ranting anyway, but I had to get that off my chest. Nah, I'm just trying as much as possible to blot out the usual inanity.
Old 2014-02-20, 02:34   Link #11850
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Today I havent finished a damn mission in a stupid SEA..It`s called 'Lucky Streak 888' because of stupid lemmings and idiots . The reward was 500k credits and I cannot even win a match T_T
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 11:56   Link #11851
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
Today I havent finished a damn mission in a stupid SEA..It`s called 'Lucky Streak 888' because of stupid lemmings and idiots . The reward was 500k credits and I cannot even win a match T_T
Pretty much one of the reasons I have slowed down recently.

The updates had been released in quick succession. Each time with bad players running amok. Going to wait until it cools down.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2014-02-20, 12:06   Link #11852
Tak

China soldiers too tall and fat for older tanks…

- Tak

Old 2014-02-20, 12:38   Link #11853
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

I've been playing only a few games every day. I did nothing but camping and ended up winning about 80% of my games. Made-up stats are unpresentable, but WR is soaring. Confirming the WG tradition of "win rate is all luck"
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 12:47   Link #11854
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
McDonald's, screwing with the PFT requirements since 1953.

(It would be absolutely hilarious for a WoT nation's food consumable to be a burger and fries.)
Old 2014-02-20, 13:39   Link #11855
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
McDonald's, screwing with the PFT requirements since 1953.

(It would be absolutely hilarious for a WoT nation's food consumable to be a burger and fries.)
I still don't understand why the Soviet consumable isn't Vodka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
I've been playing only a few games every day. I did nothing but camping and ended up winning about 80% of my games. Made-up stats are unpresentable, but WR is soaring. Confirming the WG tradition of "win rate is all luck"
No luck, just my elite carrying skills. Remember that 15-1 game we had yesterday? Man, that one guy who actually died was so sad. Oh, wait...
Old 2014-02-20, 13:44   Link #11856
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
No luck, just my elite carrying skills. Remember that 15-1 game we had yesterday? Man, that one guy who actually died was so sad. Oh, wait...
We might make this work. You do the carrying, I get the wins. Eventually your WN8 will be purple, so will my WR. Except your WR will still be green and my WN8 will never leave the yellow range.
Old 2014-02-20, 13:46   Link #11857
Gravitas Free Zone

I'm still largely ignoring Tier 8 for improving my replacent crews' skill levels and, well, various horrors in the Japanese and Chinese lines. The interesting observation in this is that the T49 is raking in the High Caliber badges, as I suppose it should.
Old 2014-02-20, 14:05   Link #11858
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
We might make this work. You do the carrying, I get the wins. Eventually your WN8 will be purple, so will my WR. Except your WR will still be green and my WN8 will never leave the yellow range.
Well, my current winrate is already blue and recent is purple but if yesterday's solo winrate trend continues I can probably get it to green or even yellow in no time. Yeah, this can work.
Old 2014-02-20, 21:56   Link #11859
Gravitas Free Zone

Confrontation win rates by nation and tier.

Images
Chart!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-02-20, 22:31   Link #11860
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Germany slump at mid tiers and the peak at tier 10 surprise nobody.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks