AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 32 27.12%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 13.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 9.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 11.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 11.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 3.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 5.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 2.54%
1 out of 10 : Painful 17 14.41%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-28, 09:41   Link #101
Kyouka
Is Here

so will railgun lll have all 6 op songs in the final episode?

Last edited by Kyouka; 2013-09-28 at 11:25.
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 09:47   Link #102
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouka View Post
so will railgun lll will have all 6 op songs in the final episode?
lmao. probably.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 11:46   Link #103
Karna
just some guy

Giving this a 1/10 because this episode and the whole arc were completely freaking awful.

These guys think they freaking represent the darkness of AC? That's hilarious. Their nothing but mooks compared to other orginizations of the darkness, like ITEM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
At first I watched it because I thought that they did the sisters arc so well so they could do this one well as well. Now I'm just watching it for the sense of completion. It would feel weird not to watch a big part of the anime of a series I like so much.
Same here.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-09-28 at 17:35. Reason: removed spoilers
Karna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 12:13   Link #104
Karna
just some guy

In all honesty, characters like kuroko, saten and uiharu would be dead almost immidietly if they were to face off against just about any member of academy city's darkness. So Mikoto trying not to get them involved is justified.
Karna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 12:44   Link #105
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouka View Post
so will railgun lll have all 6 op songs in the final episode?
They seriously shouldn't do that... It's annoying... Not even Index has done something like that...
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 17:18   Link #106
Lummie

- Saten hitting cyborgs/gundams with a wooden bat and riding a gundam afterwards without any pilot experience?

- DEEP DARKNESS tarnishing the name of the city's DARKNESS.

- Doesn't fit the timeline at all.

Yeah right, 10/10 episode, would cry again if I needed some drama.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 17:37   Link #107
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I wanted to point out that STUDY isn't actually part of the darkness of AC. They just think it is. So it doesn't bother me that the villains were kind of pitiful compared to groups like ITEM for example, because as we could see ITEM was already better. This is at least why I don't think the DARKNESS of the city we saw in part I of season II has been tarnished at all.

Also, this season was our first introduction to the DARKNESS (technically ignoring the Kiharas shown at the end of season I ) so in reality it should kind of start slow. Since when has Kamachi been crazy from the get go? He always starts somewhat crazy and then just exceeds your expectations each time after that. That's separate from expecting the pinnacle of AC's darkness in this season when it's just the beginning. (This should be obvious because ITEM has already foreshadowed this greatly as well as Terestina and others during this season... + the scientists as well as Gensei...).

After all, Mikoto and co. found out about all of these underground organizations in the city, but they didn't actually find out much about them or do anything about it... so all in all... I don't really think that many problems have surfaced from seeing a somewhat weaker organization act as the villains for this season...

In fact, I would be appalled if we had stronger villains because in that case they would definitely not be able to be handled by Mikoto and Co. IMO. I mean I'm sure ITEM could have won singlehandedly against STUDY if they actually cared enough to do so, but that wasn't the point. It was about using legitimate methods (meaning not dark) to defeat the darkness of AC in this arc... so I didn't really see a problem with that.

This is also definitely darker than the second arc of season I was. This is a compromise between the new darkness in Season II part I and the more light-hearted darkness in Season I part II. So it at least did better.

This is exactly why I think having a weak group of villains makes a lot of sense because otherwise continuity would be ruined, right? So I don't mind the arc because it doesn't destroy the story and had some cool scenes and an interesting story

Moreover, we have one especially interesting tidbit of information that was revealed in this arc that I especially like. Kihara Gensei was in this city recently and... we already knew he was responsible for the events in season I part I and season I part II... Now we know he was responsible for the level 6 shift and for making STUDY angry to become antagonists by calling their project a joke compared to the first part of season II it's kind of funny because everyone criticizing this arc is actually just agreeing with Gensei, which J.C. staff including Nagai is also pointing out because they are having Gensei say this directly ... That is he was responsible for Season II part I and Season II part II...

That's all I'm going to say anyway... but I at least appreciate this information... Hmmphh.... and J.C. staff or team railgun also seems to think the villains were expressly weaker than part one of the season... so... you guys should realize they know that expressly in the first place... and that it was intended...

Edit:
Thanks Ilidsor for the info about the one day delay for subtitles like four posts down.

Last edited by dniv; 2013-09-28 at 18:10.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 17:38   Link #108
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
@Relentless: Maybe we could get a "Changes made by the Febri arc" thread where we can discuss all of that? It would be a little more broad than a timeline one and there is still some other stuff we could discuss.
I recommend the Impact of Anime Febli Arc on Novel/Manga Canon in that case. I think should be a good fit.

As a separate reminder, anything that hasn't happened yet in the Railgun anime is a forbidden spoiler that cannot be posted in anime threads. I thought people would remember that by now... but anyway...
Old 2013-09-28, 17:53   Link #109
Ilidsor
Angelerator

^I... sort of forgot that existed... whoops.
Old 2013-09-28, 17:56   Link #110
kitten320

Has the episode actually been translated so far? I can't find subs anywhere =/
Old 2013-09-28, 17:59   Link #111
Ilidsor
Angelerator

^No it's getting delayed until tomorrow.
Old 2013-09-28, 18:04   Link #112
kitten320

^Thanks for info^^
Old 2013-09-28, 19:42   Link #113
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

By the way... for people who accused me of over-reacting... long posts != overreacting. My type of overreaction would contain much much much much longer posts if I actually overreacted. There is a difference between caring and overreacting.

Anyway, I wanted to point out that I apologize for not realizing that people were expecting differently because of the first cour of season II... that in hindsight is totally understandable
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 08:07   Link #114
Breimoon

umh.... i would have liked for the judgement side to show off more esper powers even if weak . Instead we got only the usual characters
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 08:10   Link #115
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

For those who are wondering, Saten dropped the Liberal Arts City bomb right at the end of the episode. I'm guessing it'll either be an OVA or is a hint at the beginning of season 3. Most likely the former.

The episode was pretty bizarre, I will grant that. Mikoto and Kuroko are the second and third characters in Raildex that have traveled into the vacuum of space now without suits and lived to tell the tale. The antagonists were SAO second cour level terrible but it had plenty of action and some entertaining moments and I'm pretty sure Saten eluded to Uiharu being wet you know, down there, while sitting in the Kongou Mech
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 08:56   Link #116
eavein18

This episode is......... painful.......... very painful.........

Have to re-read the manga to wash away the bad taste D:
Old 2013-09-29, 09:01   Link #117
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Saten piloting a mech and kicking ass was all sorts of awesome. Made this arc totally worth it.
Old 2013-09-29, 09:09   Link #118
Sumeragi
Banned

You know, after seeing the actual episode...... I wonder whether all the people complaining about Mikoto being in the troposphere have been living in some kind of isolated vaccum.

One phrase: Red Bull Stratos
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 09:23   Link #119
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So i finally watch this episode and it was an exciting finale! Seeing everyone from Railgun working together to stop STUDY including help from Erii, Banri, Team ITEM and the Sisters.

Everything was awesome and action pack from Judgement helping the Heroes, Saten and Uiharu riding a mech, ITEM holding off STUDY's mech for Mikoto and Mikoto shooting a Railgun from the atmosphere!

And the ending has Janie and Febri reunited with Shinobu planning to take them from an overseas facility to cure them. And thanks to Mikoto and Misaki, Shinobu has a clean state to start over again.

And can't forget the part where they hint about Liberal Art City.

For a great finale for a great anime, i give this a 10 out of 10!
Old 2013-09-29, 09:33   Link #120
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
umh.... i would have liked for the judgement side to show off more esper powers even if weak . Instead we got only the usual characters
This disappointed me.

Dozens of Judgement members, all Espers.

The only Judgement member to use their power was Kuroko.

As for the episode - as long as I don't dwell on any one point in particular it fun.

On the flip side, if I do think about something for more than 5 seconds I realize how stupid it was and how little sense it made.