Death_Himself

this is mine
Death_Himself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-09, 12:17   Link #102
Naruto sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Himself

this is mine

if u only cut some useless frames to make it smaller / faster, itll be great!
Naruto sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-09, 21:11   Link #103
ziphra
Seed Whore Galore!?!

Send a message via AIM to ziphra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Himself

this is mine
hehe i made one out of that Sasuke hand motion too! yea cut out a few frames that repeat or look the same and it will be fantabulous! how's my avatar? ^_^
ziphra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 02:48   Link #104
Chrn0

Send a message via AIM to Chrn0 Send a message via MSN to Chrn0
here is mine.

its Ion from chrno crusade... and he is holding a head...>=)

Anyway thank you for the tutorial it helps alot.

Last edited by Chrn0; 2004-03-13 at 00:45.
Chrn0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 17:15   Link #105
Nagare Ryouma
Warrior Of Eternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzumaki626
Good thing you kept proportions but is that black strip at the top supposed to be there? You can just click on the first frame, then go all the way to the end frame and push shift, and then click on the last frame, it will select all of them.

However, changing the gamma changes the gamma/brightness for the whole animation regardless of how many frames you selected.

Auto-levels and Auto-contrast work great *usually* however, you need to appy those modifiers to every frame. I just made a custom action that does that effect to like the first 60 or so frames. so i can just do it now with one click.

Other than that, the quality looks ok.. Seems like you either used dither or reduced the colors on it. What is it anyways :-D?
Thx for the input. However, I was actually asking about the Auto-levels and Auto-contrast bit.... Coz I notice how you have to edit each frame at a time. You asked what is it? It's Shin Getter Robot doing his Stunner Sunshine..... Are there anyways to make a gif or picture that looks kind a blur, sharer btw? Especially when you enlarge small pics, the picture becomes really blur...

Last edited by Nagare Ryouma; 2004-03-15 at 08:46.
Nagare Ryouma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 03:14   Link #106
Uzumaki626
-=GIF Sennin=-

Send a message via MSN to Uzumaki626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto sama
if u only cut some useless frames to make it smaller / faster, itll be great!
Try reducing colors instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrn0
here is mine.

its Ion from chrno crusade... and he is holding a head...>=)

Anyway thank you for the tutorial it helps alot.
Your welcome, is that supposed to look that choppy? If its not, then also try reducing colors, and removing extra frames (or repeats)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagare Ryouma
Thx for the input. However, I was actually asking about the Auto-levels and Auto-contrast bit.... Coz I notice how you have to edit each frame at a time. You asked what is it? It's Shin Getter Robot doing his Stunner Sunshine..... Are there anyways to make a gif or picture that looks kind a blur, sharer btw? Especially when you enlarge small pics, the picture becomes really blur...
I dont think its easy just to sharpen the whole animation, unless you do it for each frame, and it might not sharpen the same and it could look funny, i havent had to sharpen or blur something before. That sparkly is cool lol. yea when you enlargen a pic it becomes distorted. So if you need a bigger scene of that gif more clearer, just re-do the scene and downsize it to the size you need, always downsize
Uzumaki626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 00:36   Link #107
Chrn0

Send a message via AIM to Chrn0 Send a message via MSN to Chrn0
If you've seen chrno crusade 15 then you would understand why its like that -_-.
Chrn0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 03:31   Link #108
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
The Tutorial is great it got me off to a good fast start......anyways i was wondering if someone could put up a one on how to add animation into sigs? ive tryed a few times but it always gets all screwed up.
Lunchboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 15:01   Link #109
Green˛
It's bacon!

Standard Animated GIF Guide for GIMP 2.0 for Windows

Where to acquire the files and programs:
GIMP 2.0 for Windows and other required components can be found here.
The main GIMP website can be found here.

Required program installation:
You will need to install at the least, the gtk+-2.2.4 setup and then the GIMP 2.0 setup in order to continue with the animation step process that will described in this guide.
Note: In my experience, it is best not to install the GTK-Wimp component that is included with the gtk+-2.2.4 setup, as I have ran into many font loading errors in using GIMP under Windows XP.

Working under GIMP for Windows Part 1

Assuming that you have already gathered your image source materials, JPG preferable, we will begin with the layering process, also assuming that you have already completed the image editing and resizing.

1) While still under JPG format, open what is to be your first image frame in the GIMP. This would be easiest done by draging the image file to the GIMP main window tools area. Be sure to leave this window open for the rest of this process.

2) On the Layers window, (File/Dialogs/Layers, in the GIMP main window if not shown.) create a new transparent layer or empty layer. This can be done by clicking on the New Layer icon located within the Layers window (Usually located at the bottom left), or you can right-click on Background located within the Layers window and than select New Layer.

3) Now open what is to be the next frame in your animated sequence in the GIMP.

4) On the window that you have just opened, copy the entire image into GIMP. This is done by right-clicking on the image and selecting Edit/Copy.

5) Now paste what you have just copied into your first frame window. This is done by right-clicking on the image and selecting Edit/Paste.

6) Now anchor the layer in the Layers window. This can be done by right-clicking on Pasted Layer within the Layers window and selecting Anchor Layer, or you can anchor by selecting the icon that look like a ship anchor.

7) Close the second image file window that you had opened previously to conserve system memory and to help avoid errors and confusion.

8) Repeat steps 2 through 7 for every other frame that you wish to add to the animation sequence.

Setting Frame Delays

Within the Layers window, you should see something such as the following:

Empty Layer#3
Empty Layer#2
Empty Layer#1
Empty Layer
Background

To indicate individual frame delays, specify each layer with a (###ms), where # equals an actual number.

Example:

Empty Layer#3
Empty Layer#2(700ms)
Empty Layer#1
Empty Layer(25ms)
Background(4000ms)

This can be done by right-clicking on the layer name, and then selecting Edit Layer Attributes, which a window will appear to allow you to add the (###ms).
For layers seen above that do not specify a (###ms), they will be configured to the master frame delay time that will be found in a later step in this guide.

Working under GIMP for Windows Part 2

1) Now we need to switch everything to Indexed mode. This is done by right-clicking on the image and selecting Image/Mode/Indexed. The Index Color Conversion window should now appear. Select Generate Optimum Platelet @ 255 colors, and next select No Color Dithering, then select OK.

2a) You can now save the image by right-clicking on the image, then selecting File/Save As. You should now see a Save Image window. Here you should choose a known directory to save your image file. Then within the same window, rename the file to something different, such as ****.gif, where * equals something different but always include .gif for your animated GIF sequence. Now select OK.

2b) The export file wizard should now appear. Select Save as Animation, then select Export. You should now see the Save As GIF window. Here you can add a comment and other various tweaks, but do not select Interlace. You will need to tweak the master delay time (ms) in this window for layered frames that are not specified by (ms) delay timing (See process Setting Frame Delays about unspecified frame delays). Now select OK to complete this process.

Repeat the Setting Frame Delays process and then Part 2 / 2a through 2b to tweak individual frame delays if necessary.
Repeat the above process Part 2 / 2a through 2b to tweak the master frame delay time.
Green˛ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 13:26   Link #110
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Death_Himself, I suggest you change your avatar before you get mistaken for fotonois, which is NOT a good thing...

Last edited by raikage; 2004-04-17 at 01:54.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 22:56   Link #111
eLLuSioNiST

awsome Tutorial .. But i Have a Q Maybe its a stupid Q But .. Everytime i wanna open a Episode on VirutalDup .. it Gives Me Format Error ?! plz Help ?! =) Thanks
eLLuSioNiST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 05:58   Link #112
Black Jaggan
Killing Intent

Pfff...I made my first gifs ever today..... They are crappy, but hey, i can't even make screenshots...so I think they are alright. Thank god for animation wizard!

Black Jaggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 09:42   Link #113
yami-chan
~FMAddiction

Send a message via MSN to yami-chan
Sorry,i didn't the whole threat...but i followed the tutorial..and i have a problem...
When i try to save the file from Image-Ready..the only option is the Photoshop format(.psd)..
How do i change it?
yami-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 13:02   Link #114
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Great tutorial!! look what i did

Spoiler:

Im a seiya fanboy if you want to use any of those feel free to do so!
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 18:24   Link #115
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
that tutorial was sexy, i liked it.
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 15:01   Link #116
Dark_Oblivion
Gai's 'hip' rival :)

Whenever i Import Folder in ImageReady all the frames are muddled up and i have to put em in order manually...does this happen for anyone else?
Dark_Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 16:18   Link #117
Naruto9Tails
Shinobi-wanna-be

Send a message via MSN to Naruto9Tails
Exclamation

ummmm...anyone help please i cant seem to find Imageready any where i know its part of Adobe Photoshop CS but i hav to pay non!(lol frenchies)(me not racist)
plz help sumone??
Naruto9Tails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 18:14   Link #118
eLLuSioNiST

My 1st Gif LOL =)

eLLuSioNiST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 06:43   Link #119
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I did it I made my own gif!

<-------------

EDIT- Does anybody know the best way to remove subs? I have to go through every frame and paint over them now. Is their an easier way?

Last edited by Tommy; 2004-04-19 at 17:49.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 20:38   Link #120
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Can someone quickly tell me how to add a border on Photoshop?
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animated gifs, graphics