AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-01-19, 00:50   Link #101
CXC

Personally I don't know much but I try... My New ones...

CXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 09:45   Link #102
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

O_O .. You've improved ^^b

Which is the main pic and which is the BG? Hard to tell to be honest .. They are both vying to be the main pic... How to improve it ? hmm, make the left side more blend with the BG.. lower opac, try brushing too, you seems to be using filters mostly on most of your sig. Also, notice that the 1 on the right, her arm got covered by your filter/ or that stroke thingie .. her face is not tho..

For this one, the right 1 is not cut cleanly, You can see a trace of the original BG not blending to the rest of the BG .. The sig itself is empty, You try to have nothing obstruct the BG face... A BG suppose to serve as a playground for other sig stuff .. not stand alone. Maybe move the text Makina Tomoe to the mid? also, while in the 1st sig, your name blends with the sig, in this one its kinda feel alienated .. thats why you suppose to fill the BG with something ^^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 14:16   Link #103
CXC

1: I don't really know were the brush is located on Photoshop. Then what should I do for the frist one, should I remove the filter?

2: Any Ideas on how I could fill the BG...
CXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 18:48   Link #104
Mareel

Send a message via AIM to Mareel
I think by brushing he means to use the paint brush, and I'm a noob at reading this part of the board, but brushing probably refers to using brushs like those found on deviantart.

In response to the person who put up the iroha sig, I'd been meaning to make one using that picture for a good while now, and actually had started on one today before I decided to post the other sig I made today. I'm not really sure what to put in the BG though. I sort of want to put in Sakura petals(like in the OP), but I haven't found a vector for that yet(and perhaps some trees).

Anyways, I made a sig using Septieme from Pumpkin Scissors today, and I kinda like it, but I feel like its lacking. I was trying to show the duality of her personality in it as well with the brooding picture in the BG and the bright energtic one in the foreground. I really haven't done too many sigs before though, so the backgrounds always kinda leave me wondering what to do.

Here's what I got so far for the Iroha one too: (removed cause I overwrote the jpg accidentally :P)
Spoiler:

[Edit]:
Zaris: If you use ImageReady you can choose what layers are visible on each frame, and there can be more than one visible. That alone should tell you enough to be able to do what you are wanting I think. For example, to make a border from an independent layer (not one of the frames initial layers) you'd make a layer, place the border on it, and go into each frame, and set that layer to be visible during that frame in the animation. The same goes if you want the initial layer of the first frame to be visible in each frame of the animation. Just go through and set it to be visible as well as the other normally visible layer for the particular frame. I hope this helps, and was what you are looking for. If it wasn't or if you have any questions let me know and I'll try to help.

Last edited by Mareel; 2007-01-21 at 07:15. Reason: 1st edit:I'm stupid., 2nd edit: I read Zaris's question.
Mareel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 23:14   Link #105
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CXC View Post
1: I don't really know were the brush is located on Photoshop. Then what should I do for the frist one, should I remove the filter?

The brush tool

You can change the the brush setting here ..

Clicking the about button get you this .. ^^

Oh.. in that last pic, there's a little triangle button .. near the red arrow I draw @ #1 .. clicking that would allow you to switch to other brush you have installed.. I have a screenshot of that, but it seems like I didnt save it .. Too lazy to reopened my PS again .. try to look for it and if you still cant find it.. I shoot my PS back again and get the screenshot .. but its a cute little triangle there.. shouldnt be hard to miss ^^v

Remove the filter 1st, then try brushing .. remember, in making sig BG, dont drag the brush.. but 1 click at a time.. Try reading Yuiichi's excellent brushing tutorial in the tutorial thread ^^

for the 2nd sig.. move the text to fill the empty space? .. Kinda blank idea now =/

Quote:
In response to the person who put up the iroha sig, I'd been meaning to make one using that picture for a good while now, and actually had started on one today before I decided to post the other sig I made today. I'm not really sure what to put in the BG though. I sort of want to put in Sakura petals(like in the OP), but I haven't found a vector for that yet(and perhaps some trees).
Thats a good extract, especially if the original is from the screenshot.

Hunt around for leaves brush .. even sakura brush for photoshop yielded some result for me

hmm.. the BG doesnt convey the dark mood IMO.. Dont blend the face in the same color , also maybe try some other brush instead of those starry brush? Maybe grunge? The Font dont match with either pic too =/
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-01-21, 07:12   Link #106
Mareel

I did some work on the other one, and I kinda like how it's turned out. The thing I dislike the most though is the font/name. I'm looking for a font that gives me an historic japanese feel. Could you tell me what the font you used in your's KiNa?(p.s. thanks for leading me in the right direction for those brushes) I'd like to give it a try. I also was thinking of adding a slight haze effect or something towards the top of the image, think it'd make it better or worse? Any other suggestions are welcomeas well.

[Edit]: I quickly added something sorta like a haze, not sure if I think it looks better or worse, so I'm putting it up here to let me see em side by side :P (as well as for others to comment on)

Also, Klashkari, or anyone who knows, what font did you use for "When they cry" ? I really like it, and need a decent cursive font like it.

Last edited by Mareel; 2007-01-21 at 07:35. Reason: Added in another version of the sig.
Old 2007-01-21, 08:38   Link #107
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

font?

electroharmonix is the name of the font.

Google for cursive font type ^^ .. you'll prolly end up in www.1001freefonts.com Or www.dafont.com
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-01-21, 13:37   Link #108
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
font?

electroharmonix is the name of the font.

Google for cursive font type ^^ .. you'll prolly end up in www.1001freefonts.com Or www.dafont.com
He's asking about Klashkari's sig, not yours. Silly KiNA. :x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mareel View Post
Also, Klashkari, or anyone who knows, what font did you use for "When they cry" ? I really like it, and need a decent cursive font like it.

[Edit]

Jes I r phail. ;__;

Last edited by Riker; 2007-01-21 at 13:48.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 13:42   Link #109
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ fail! XD
Quote:
Could you tell me what the font you used in your's KiNa?

ooh quite nice have to say tho that its quite empty >.< also if you make your border line a deeper purple and maybe 1 pix thicker it would look better ^__^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 15:12   Link #110
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Pretty much done with this, the only thing is I don't know what font to use and where to put it. (I don't want to cover the nice looking faces of all 3 girls. ) I wanted to use the actual black lagoon font, but I can't find it. Also, is the image too blurry?

Old 2007-01-21, 16:08   Link #111
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
rage italic (weird name for this, i know)

*working on some future sigs*
Old 2007-01-21, 21:57   Link #112
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
He's asking about Klashkari's sig, not yours. Silly KiNA. :x
[Edit]

Jes I r phail. ;__;
Silly Rika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Method View Post
Pretty much done with this, the only thing is I don't know what font to use and where to put it. (I don't want to cover the nice looking faces of all 3 girls. ) I wanted to use the actual black lagoon font, but I can't find it. Also, is the image too blurry?

The only empty spot available in near Revvy'a butt or on the transparent BG ^^ .. Would be better if you not cropped out Bala tho

Also, IIRC Black Lagoon font = Garamond >.< Been a long time since I used it tho .. maybe I'm wrong..

@ Klashi .. Hishashi buriii .. me troddle over to dafont to look for rage italic font
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-01-21, 22:41   Link #113
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Also, IIRC Black Lagoon font = Garamond >.< Been a long time since I used it tho .. maybe I'm wrong..
I checked garamond and it's not it. As for the place to put it, near revy's rear is probably the best place.
Old 2007-01-23, 23:29   Link #114
Asian

:P Property of me, Asian. Rate please?
Asian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 23:36   Link #115
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

All I see is a blurry pic.. No feeling .. Would be better if you have a focus point which is sharp then gradually blurred to its surrounding =/

WTF .. if it wasn't for the file name I would not have noticed Saber.. Bad decision.. if you want all 3.. then include all 3.. not 2 and a half head.. Nice color transition in the BG too, altho, it suffers the same thing with the 1st sig.. its bland -.-
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-01-24, 00:40   Link #116
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

At the moment, I am having a major headache with trying to somehow put in enough frames so that I can get a smooth transition going....

(8 frames in all... 256 colors. way over limit.)

(This would be just using tween tool)

I can't really use the tween tool in Imageready to do this kind of cascading effect, so I had to do it by hand. I wonder if there is a way around that somehow...
The quality of the source also suffers considerably, and I am all out of idea about how to compensate for that.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2007-01-24 at 01:07.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 09:30   Link #117
Mareel

I'm not really sure off hand how you could make it more size efficient, but I downloaded the top gif to take a look at it later on in more detail (bout to head to class). I'm assuming all of the resused parts and such have already been set to static or semi static layers to save space?

Any suggestions what could go into the background of mine? I wanted it to look somewhat empty, because I don't like excessively "busy" backgrounds. I was thinking maybe a moon coming through the trees or something? any ideas? I also had another extracted image of her, but it didn't quite seem to fit in. The way it original was it needed to be on the far right edge, and was a big image of her face slightly cropped off, and I figured that it'd take away focus from the other one.
Old 2007-01-27, 15:18   Link #118
MugenIchiban

I say remove some of those pedals or leaves; way too much IMO. Maybe you can add some snow, crows, or mountains?
MugenIchiban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 15:01   Link #119
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

*cough*... i dare stepping in this thread once again, sacrificing the newest... errr piece of pixels?

well then, here i "go" ~~

Shiki, from Tsukihime (the Kanji are kinda a spoiler so... humm XD)

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-01-29 at 15:15.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 23:01   Link #120
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

*rubs hands*

Left side, there's a shadow under that machete .. which make it 3D .. and adds a layer of on top of the face .. which make it a tad too thick and heavy =/ .. Removing it would make it bare tho.. Also, is that 2 faces I see? 1 looking straight and the other looking to the left? It sure looks like it kinda look like a sky mask that bank robbers use Also, whats that black strip over that guy's face .. near his mouth?

Right side, would be better if the black gradient is a bit transparent ... its kinda feel like a slap on top thingie. Also, blue blue glass moon but yet not a slightest blue around the sig Crimson = red (?) is abundance tho

and OMG use spoiler tag dammit >.< .. I cant read them anyway so XD

I like the whole sig feel.. gives the badass feeling albeit you still suffer the I need to put something somewhere some more .. You leave the bottom right part tho, it feel a tad to bare compared
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Tags
discussion, signature