Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-08, 09:25   Link #101
peskylemur25

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
I was soooo waiting for her.

It's not just about seeing a Titan.

But also about money and resources and this expedition was very costly in both.

I mean despite what they say I can understand them, look back at EP 1, Recon Corps Expedition resulted in nothing.
Now, it resulted in nothing as well.

Only thing the expeditions brought are death and waste of resources humanity needs.

I'm not saying screw the Recon Corps, I understand what they try to achieve, but still it IS a waste of resources if Expeditions bring nothing.
So why is it still around after 100 of failure? protect humanity or is it being used for another purpose.
peskylemur25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 09:42   Link #102
kitten320

Who knows, as Annie said there is something wrong. The best fighters are kept furthest away from titans (at least government tries) while everyone else has to fight them.

No matter how you look at it, it is illogical.
Old 2013-09-08, 09:47   Link #103
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomiq View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

There is just one question to that image. What would be the reson she react like that...?
Be patient it will make sense later on.

This may be filler but it is a believable filler! One you can just fit right into canon and continuity seamlessly.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 10:10   Link #104
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Damn when the Female Titan was crying i was like "Just give her Eren dude.... , don't make her efforts in vain..."
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 10:50   Link #105
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Levi showed everybody why he is called the world's strongest man, and why he is the most popular character in the series. He's made of pure awesomeness.
Old 2013-09-08, 12:16   Link #106
lateraldeath

Ok so is the badge that Levi gave to Dieter really Ivan's? I think that's the badge he actually picked up from Petra's body earlier. If so that's just so sad, he gave up his only memento of her like that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Mikasa did a fatal mistake in her approach. Notice that Levi attacked relentlessly the FT from different angles, hooking the -trees-.
However, Mikasa directly hooked herself on the FT neck and due to this, guessing her position is possible from the angle of the hook and how the wire is pulled. Notice that panned camera on the FT face the moment Mikasa's hook connected, which set the alarm for Levi, exactly because he realized that the FT figured out Mikasa's position.
I like the analysis. Went back and look at the manga, they didn't show any wiring from Levi at all. This detail is purely added by the director of the anime. Another reason why this anime is so great.
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 12:29   Link #107
JamJackEvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by peskylemur25 View Post
The manga just started and there hasn't been a chapter #1 yet. Last time was a prologue. I think if they might wait a year or either make the manga weekly.
That's a manga adaptation of Before the Fall. The prequel started out as a series of light novels back in 2011. So far, 3 volumes have been published, and the first volume details the origin of the 3DMG and its inventor. They might include some fillers, but I can totally see the animators making a 12-episode run on this prequel.
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 13:20   Link #108
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Just one thing to say

Ya know
If they had 100 Levis human race would be winning this war.

He will henceforth be known as the "human pizza cutter".

Last edited by aohige; 2013-09-08 at 13:45.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 13:34   Link #109
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
I pity Erwin and Levi. They have to been seen as inhuman in order to keep the fight going. The scenes with all of the special forces family were too depressing, but I was glad Ivan's comrades were willing to take a chance in order to bring his body back. When Petra's father approached Levi, I felt awful for Levi because I believed he had some sort of feelings for her. For a filler episode, it was very well done.

For the preview of the next episode, I think that anything bad that can possibly happen will happen.
and let his friends lost his life and almost cause more death to his comrades
+
I guess wing mark = same as soldiers dog tags
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 13:48   Link #110
ookamigirl

Wow! Levi was just amazing!
His movements were incredible and precise.
He's like a monster, but I guess he's not indestructible.
So their little trip outside is finally came to an end.
It didn't do them much good.
All they have to show for it are the dead bodies..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 13:53   Link #111
Raviel

I think I finally understand what really separates the manga and anime of SnK (although this is just my opinion).

The manga feels like one very long and intense fight, you barely have time to really look into how the events affect the characters emotionally/mentally. The anime on the other hand is the opposite thanks to the "fillers" and of course the fact that everything is moving.

Now for the episode itself; man I have nothing but complete respect for Levi after this episode, I can't help but wonder how he keeps it together after all that's happened. It gets even worse when you consider that he's probably lost even more friends before on previous expeditions.

I personally don't agree with the decision to dump the bodies or leave some of them behind but it was the best decision that could have been made to prevent more casualties.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 14:17   Link #112
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
You made a very good point. However, I rechecked the scene, and Levi did slice at the left shoulder, so the left arm should not have much movement. Furthermore, she was unable to move the hand not much higher than the shoulder; hence, if Misaka's attack completed, her attack might have gone through and been successful.
Levi's attacks were mainly focused on the right arm joints. While indeed the left arm was sliced as well, the wounds weren't as extensive as with the right arm (he mainly slashed FT left deltoid muscle).

Furthermore, Levi came from another angle that was facing the back of FT left hand, while Mikasa was at the right angle for the hand, so she could have been grabbed. That's why Levi had to change Mikasa's trajectory, otherwise she would have been in huge troubles.
Old 2013-09-08, 16:04   Link #113
Zodiamaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
Spoiler for Levi and Petra?:
I think the part where Petra's father talks to Levi is sort of mistranslated, it doesn't convey the real meaning like the manga(barely does).

In no moment he implies any sort of relationship between Levi and Petra.

What her father says is that she sent him a letter telling him that she got recruited into the specials operations squad of the Scouting Legion, something that worried him(in spite of her enthusiasm about it) due to the dangers involved.
He goes on to say that in spite of his worries, he thinks Petra is still too young to get married, so it's still too early for him to ask Petra to retire from her military career and lead a life away from danger.
Old 2013-09-08, 16:37   Link #114
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Man this was one sad episode but I don't think the battle against the humans have no chance against that Titan. I mean after what Levi did... Also, was the Female Titan seriously crying? "Oh no, I wanted Eren so much ;_;" O_o
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 18:39   Link #115
Byakou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiamaster View Post
I think the part where Petra's father talks to Levi is sort of mistranslated, it doesn't convey the real meaning like the manga(barely does).

In no moment he implies any sort of relationship between Levi and Petra.

What her father says is that she sent him a letter telling him that she got recruited into the specials operations squad of the Scouting Legion, something that worried him(in spite of her enthusiasm about it) due to the dangers involved.
He goes on to say that in spite of his worries, he thinks Petra is still too young to get married, so it's still too early for him to ask Petra to retire from her military career and lead a life away from danger.
That's interesting. Also I remember reading that women in Japan often quit work after marriage. So white it sounds weird to us that marriage = she quits the recon corps?? I guess it made sense to the author. While none of characters are Japanese except Mikasa, the author unconsciously projected his Japanese values on the characters. That kinda disappoints me actually, while the characters have seemingly different origins (Erwin Smith = English? Eren = German?) they are actually all written as if they were Japanese.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 18:52   Link #116
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

You know, the "working woman" trend is actually fairly recent in terms of human history...for the longest time women just stayed at home or at best participated in markets and such. The cases where women didn't anything other than this vary from place to place but if you look at the setting of this world it's quite similar to the beginning of the industrial revolution era in Europe.

The thought of a woman getting married and retiring to have children/take care of the house wasn't that farfetched...rather, it was the norm until a certain point in time. Hell...some 50 years ago it was simply shocking to everyone witnessing a married mother also holding down a decent job.

You say the author projects Japanese views onto foreign characters but in reality, you're views are just as wrong since you are using modern ones.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 19:50   Link #117
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Levi was awesome

emotion, something the anime instigates to its viewers
Old 2013-09-08, 20:52   Link #118
peskylemur25

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Damn when the Female Titan was crying i was like "Just give her Eren dude.... , don't make her efforts in vain..."
That is really crazy. She killed a bunch of people and u want her to win?
peskylemur25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 20:53   Link #119
Renchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by peskylemur25 View Post
The manga just started and there hasn't been a chapter #1 yet. Last time was a prologue. I think if they might wait a year or either make the manga weekly.
The Fall manga was based on light novel, tho. and the novel has been finished for quite a while too (only 3 volumes).
Renchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 20:54   Link #120
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Said people are only fictional and they would have killed her too so at the very least she could claim self defense.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote