AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-07-30, 19:11   Link #101
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I think that they were talking about the scan specifically, since it does look a bit Macross-esque.

Guess it's the pose and the revealing outfit.
Old 2011-07-30, 19:42   Link #102
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I think that they were talking about the scan specifically, since it does look a bit Macross-esque.

Come to think of it the main girl does kind of look like she could fit into a Macross show as the idol character. She has that look about her with the singing pose. That doesn't strike me as making this anything like Macross though.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 19:46   Link #103
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This fall season is exploding with the amount of series I'm picking up. Too many things look interesting.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 21:06   Link #104
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Come to think of it the main girl does kind of look like she could fit into a Macross show as the idol character. She has that look about her with the singing pose. That doesn't strike me as making this anything like Macross though.
It's also the 'caption': 聴け、その切なる歌声をー ('Listen to that earnest (singing) voice-')

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 10:47   Link #105
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I'll listen to her song, if you know what I mean

(because I'm not sure what it actually means, since I didn't watch Macross 7 )

But yeah, one scan that's Macross-esque. We do know that Ouma can apparently bring out a musical instrument using his Power of Friendship but I don't think that music has really been played as being a major theme of the show as it was in Macross (though with ryo composing, I do hope it gets enough focus) but who knows ...
Old 2011-07-31, 13:39   Link #106
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Well, the series composer for Macross F is on this so it's not surprising that it had some similarities.
Old 2011-08-01, 07:07   Link #107
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Don't want to sound like an ass but the topic creator should try to tidy up the first page. Maybe update it with cover images and a PV that was posted in the middle of this topic? It will be easer for others who wants to find all the info on one page as well...

AS for the show, it looks appealing but will hold any more praise until I see few episodes.
Old 2011-08-01, 11:07   Link #108
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Don't want to sound like an ass but the topic creator should try to tidy up the first page. Maybe update it with cover images and a PV that was posted in the middle of this topic? It will be easer for others who wants to find all the info on one page as well...

AS for the show, it looks appealing but will hold any more praise until I see few episodes.
Okay. I'll try.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 14:32   Link #109
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Well, the series composer for Macross F is on this so it's not surprising that it had some similarities.
That....could be interesting. Hopefully he doesn't design yet another series that causes people to get into character wars over who deserves undevoted worship and who deserves everlasting scorn.

Though I can already forsee a massive shipping war developing over this series. So far Yoshino has been involved in 3 major sci-fi franchises and all of them got fans involved in some of the most infamous and downright intense shipping wars I've ever witnessed. Code Geass (Kallen vs. C.C), Macross Frontier (Sheryl vs. Ranka), and Gundam Seed Destiny (Meyrin vs. Cagalli vs. Lacus vs. Lunamaria vs. Fllay vs. The World).

Quote:
I'll listen to her song, if you know what I mean

(because I'm not sure what it actually means, since I didn't watch Macross 7 )

But yeah, one scan that's Macross-esque. We do know that Ouma can apparently bring out a musical instrument using his Power of Friendship but I don't think that music has really been played as being a major theme of the show as it was in Macross (though with ryo composing, I do hope it gets enough focus) but who knows ...
There's no hidden meaning, Basara just literally wanted people to listen to his song in the middle of stock footage battles.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-08-01 at 14:42.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 15:47   Link #110
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Though I can already forsee a massive shipping war developing over this series. So far Yoshino has been involved in 3 major sci-fi franchises and all of them got fans involved in some of the most infamous and downright intense shipping wars I've ever witnessed. Code Geass (Kallen vs. C.C), Macross Frontier (Sheryl vs. Ranka), and Gundam Seed Destiny (Meyrin vs. Cagalli vs. Lacus vs. Lunamaria vs. Fllay vs. The World).
Now I'm scared... and not just of the shipping wars.
Old 2011-08-01, 16:33   Link #111
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
That....could be interesting. Hopefully he doesn't design yet another series that causes people to get into character wars over who deserves undevoted worship and who deserves everlasting scorn.
Unfortunately, I don't think it makes much of a difference, since fans would still pick sides and then go to extreme lengths to demonize the other.

It seems like a given these days with the really popular shows.
Quote:
I get what your saying, but I think that would have more to do with the large crowd that these shows attract, since they are designed to be very popular and cover a large spectrum of intrest moreso than Yoshino's touch for creating romantic situations. Sure, things like love triangles are deeply rooted into shows like Macross, for better or for worse, so shipping wars are sort of a given with it. But Code Geass, while having something of a romantic undertone, ended up with many of the discussion about the pairs more from the viewers blowing things out of proportions most of the time when it wasn't even the focus of the majority some episodes.

As for Destiny ... I guess there was some romance in that mess as well, but then again it wasn't as heavily geared as it was in Macross (nor did it have the same effect as the shipping wars in Code Geass, since the SeeD fandom as far as I could tell didn't take a turn for the ugly like it did with Geass)
Quote:
There's no hidden meaning, Basara just literally wanted people to listen to his song in the middle of stock footage battles.
Did it work?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Now I'm scared... and not just of the shipping wars.
I think the scariest thing here is more that Tetsuro is directing more than that Yoshino/Okouchi writing. Expecting violation of personal space and unhinged directorial style every. where.

But eh, its been years since the Geass/Macross wars, and now that shipping had been banned here, I don't think there is anything to worry about here ... right?
Old 2011-08-01, 16:34   Link #112
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
The makings of a love triangle is already set up too.
Old 2011-08-01, 22:36   Link #113
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Expecting violation of personal space and unhinged directorial style every. where.
But....but....that's precicely why I'm so looking forward to it
Old 2011-08-02, 15:53   Link #114
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Hey, I said it was a scary thing, not a bad thing Like I said earlier, I'm expecting this to be very fun, and am actually more positive than I was before about the show since I detached my own bias about it being a noitaminA show.
Old 2011-08-02, 16:02   Link #115
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Did it work?I think the scariest thing here is more that Tetsuro is directing more than that Yoshino/Okouchi writing. Expecting violation of personal space and unhinged directorial style every. where.
Nah, Araki's cool in my book. I like his over-the-top directing style.

DEM POTATO CHIPS
Old 2011-08-02, 16:18   Link #116
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

That's a given, since Araki is a firm follower of the Rule of Cool discipline.

LASER PENS!

DRAMATIC ANGLES + ANGELS + DEMON EYES

MATRIX BOOBS

SLO-MO GANXING

PUT THE CAMERA IN THE MENS MOUTHS

PANTY SHOT? STICK THE CAMERA IN HER VAGINA, WITH A BULLET

Being serious (lol?), I think that it will be interesting to see how he handles himself when doing an original show, since he's more experienced (again, lol?) with adaptations. Kurozuka was really his only major flop where he shot himself in the foot by making it completely confusing to look at, but otherwise he's been really good (rolf) at making the shows he does very cool (if stupid) to watch.
Old 2011-08-06, 00:48   Link #117
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-3231.html
From NT (Newtype)

Cast:

Oumi Shuu: Kaji Yuuki
Tsutsugami Kai: Nakamura Yuuichi
Yuzuriha Inori: Kayano Ai
Shinomiya Ayase: Hanazawa
Tsugumi: Taketatsu
Hare: Shimamura Yuu

Hanazawa, you again... At least not heroine, I guess.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 01:24   Link #118
Kakkou
Tch.

Yuki Kaji sure is getting more roles lately.

Last edited by Kakkou; 2011-08-06 at 01:47.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 01:35   Link #119
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Nah, that wheelchair girl is most likely secondary cast.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 23:45   Link #120
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Spoiler for Hey, listen:
Spoiler for Hotwheels:
Looking good

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig