Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-08-26, 23:31   Link #101
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Not sure if this has been posted. A screenie showing in-game Flemeth.
Spoiler for Size:
Right after I just got done killing her on "Nightmare" in Dragon Age Origins, she goes and resurrects herself as a bigger nuisance, and as I said earlier, with a hotter body...

(I wonder how she resurrected herself)
Old 2010-08-27, 04:59   Link #102
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I expect that get-up to be from the beginning of the game, myself. When it's still concurrent with DA:O, and the storyteller is exaggerating a bit.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 13:14   Link #103
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Possibly, but this -is- Flemmeth we're talking. Anything can happen.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 13:35   Link #104
killer3000ad

A clearer pic of Bethany. Originally posted by someone else on the official forums.
Spoiler for Size:

Is it me or does Beth look like Natalie Portman.
Old 2010-08-27, 13:52   Link #105
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

New trailer with more battle scene :

I really think that Hawke last attack is kinda like a "finish move" at a specific moment using his bloods ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 13:55   Link #106
Who

Quote:
A clearer pic of Bethany. Originally posted by someone else on the official forums.
Spoiler for Size:

She really does. And Hawke looks like... uh...
There was a whole debate on how trailer Hawke looks Eurasian or not. They're running out of things to debate in between news updates.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 14:12   Link #107
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
She really does. And Hawke looks like... uh...
There was a whole debate on how trailer Hawke looks Eurasian or not. They're running out of things to debate in between news updates.
Tis a damn shame Beth is Hawke's sister.......Well there's always the thread about boobs, and the "SHOW US LADYHAWKE!" thread, or maybe Varric's chesthair discussion.

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2010-08-27 at 14:23.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 16:21   Link #108
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

/sigh of course theres gonna be a "OMG WHAT DOES THE FEMALE LOOK LIKE"

lol I remember when I was called gay for playing a male BE instead of female. I wanted to kill someone.
Old 2010-08-27, 16:28   Link #109
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
New trailer with more battle scene :

Spoiler for Picture:

I really think that Hawke last attack is kinda like a "finish move" at a specific moment using his bloods ?
I wonder what that was at the very end that completely dominated what the "Grey Warden" (which I assume he is one) was fighting
Old 2010-08-27, 17:26   Link #110
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I wonder what that was at the very end that completely dominated what the "Grey Warden" (which I assume he is one) was fighting
Hawke isn't a Grey Warden. He fled Lothering after your Warden's group passes through it. Or at least I'd like to think he fled after, due to a part in the flashback of that trailer where he's running through burning streets.

As for what he did against the qunari at the end, most people are speculating Blood Magic (and one of those finishing moves we've been hearing about). They think that in this one, Hawke is an Arcane Warrior/Blood Mage because of his martial and magical talents.
Old 2010-08-27, 20:07   Link #111
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Hawke isn't a Grey Warden. He fled Lothering after your Warden's group passes through it. Or at least I'd like to think he fled after, due to a part in the flashback of that trailer where he's running through burning streets.

As for what he did against the qunari at the end, most people are speculating Blood Magic (and one of those finishing moves we've been hearing about). They think that in this one, Hawke is an Arcane Warrior/Blood Mage because of his martial and magical talents.
Interesting, I thought he was a Grey Warden for once silly me. Well I suppose we are going to eventually find him and possibly get to decide to bring him along or not, or we are just stuck with him possibly.

I just hope the Arcane Warrior isn't as OP as it was in Dragon Age: Origins, I mean with that and the correct build, you can solo the dragon in the High Peaks.
Old 2010-08-27, 21:29   Link #112
Who

Quote:
Interesting, I thought he was a Grey Warden for once silly me. Well I suppose we are going to eventually find him and possibly get to decide to bring him along or not, or we are just stuck with him possibly.

I just hope the Arcane Warrior isn't as OP as it was in Dragon Age: Origins, I mean with that and the correct build, you can solo the dragon in the High Peaks.
Hawke is the main character, though. Your Warden is off doing his own thing down to the south, meaning at best, you'll get a reference to what he/she did and possibly a cameo (since the time in between Origins and Awakening/GoA/Witch Hunt is 2 years at most and DA2 is 10 years in length), although cameo is doubtful.

I never liked mages much as a PC. I prefered Rogues and 2H warriors, both of which I soloed nightmare as well. Come to think of it though, nearly, if not, all classes have soloed Origins at one point. Even Shapeshifters managed to solo.

You know what's OP though? Accuracy. That's right, not even a class or specialization, a skill is too OP. Don't you just love having double your damage from the original game, stacked on top of Repeater Gloves with a bugged aim time of -3 seconds instead of -0.3, stacked on top of 90 plus percent crit rate? I know I do. Let's not get started on Spirit Warrior archers.
Old 2010-08-27, 21:40   Link #113
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Hawke is the main character, though. Your Warden is off doing his own thing down to the south, meaning at best, you'll get a reference to what he/she did and possibly a cameo (since the time in between Origins and Awakening/GoA/Witch Hunt is 2 years at most and DA2 is 10 years in length), although cameo is doubtful.

I never liked mages much as a PC. I prefered Rogues and 2H warriors, both of which I soloed nightmare as well. Come to think of it though, nearly, if not, all classes have soloed Origins at one point. Even Shapeshifters managed to solo.

You know what's OP though? Accuracy. That's right, not even a class or specialization, a skill is too OP. Don't you just love having double your damage from the original game, stacked on top of Repeater Gloves with a bugged aim time of -3 seconds instead of -0.3, stacked on top of 90 plus percent crit rate? I know I do. Let's not get started on Spirit Warrior archers.
Hmm, so were going through Dragon Age 2 through the eyes of Hawke now? I'm going to miss my lovely Human Noble Warrior *sniff*

I really do hope that they will not make classes to OP... I mean the fact that any class could solo anything in Dragon Age: Origins is just over the top disturbing.. If they can solo so many stuff in Dragon Age 2, I'm going to just give up on believing that they will make it so you cannot solo things.

Spirt Warrior archers.. Never seen them in action, but by the details they can be quite deadly o.o.
Old 2010-08-27, 21:55   Link #114
Who

Quote:
Hmm, so were going through Dragon Age 2 through the eyes of Hawke now? I'm going to miss my lovely Human Noble Warrior *sniff*

I really do hope that they will not make classes to OP... I mean the fact that any class could solo anything in Dragon Age: Origins is just over the top disturbing.. If they can solo so many stuff in Dragon Age 2, I'm going to just give up on believing that they will make it so you cannot solo things.

Spirt Warrior archers.. Never seen them in action, but by the details they can be quite deadly o.o.
Who knows, they might return to your Warden for DA3 or whatever. It's entirely possible, as the entire subplot of Awakening and Return to Ostagar was about the Wardens dealing with politics. Perhaps the Chantry declares an Exalted March against the Wardens...? It's hoping for a lot but the options are still there.

The class/spec/talent mechanics for DA2 are entirely different. From what I've read browsing through Bioware's forums, talents won't be entirely restricted to a class alone. Not only that, talents are going to be upgradeable based on how many times you use it in battle or something of that nature. If anything, I'm going to imagine that you can solo in DA2 as well. There's nothing like the feeling of "hey guys, I need you to keep the campfires lit while I'm off kicking arse and chewing whatever it is Thedas people chew. By myself."

And here's Spirit Warrior:
Spoiler for Wow damage:
Old 2010-08-27, 22:56   Link #115
kujoe
from head to heel

The trailer is just that: a trailer. I think it just demostrates what kind of abilities Hawke will be capable of doing in the game. With that one trailer, we can already see how Hawke will be like as a warrior or a mage. I hope that whatever class Hawke is supposed to be will be up to the player.

Once again I'm going to bring up Mass Effect, specifically its class system, where the pure classes Soldier, Adept and Engineer have 'mixed' versions. Because of its battle system and this setup, your squadmates are basically left to supporting roles (in other words: almost useless), since your Shepard can pretty much solo every firefight. Heck, in ME2, only Shepard can carry a heavy weapon. It depends on the player's skill of course, but the battle system mostly rewards a player's shooting skill and reaction time. The classes in the original DA however, have something a bit different. Specific classes have their own specializations. Only a few of those specializations can be considered a 'multiclass' of sorts such as Arcane Warrior; and while you can indeed play solo in DA:O, party members are quite vital in employing more advanced tactics.

I hope DA2 will continue to give party members (other than your character) some tactical significance in this regard. Some people like to be the cooler-than-thou hero, but I prefer something with a little more depth.

One another note, I do wonder if the spear is actually a special item unique to Hawke. It has an orb on one end, and it seems capable of bursting with fire and shooting lightning. I also noticed that Hawke uses blood to mark his face before entering battle, as if it were some sort of battle tradition he picked up somewhere. Probably something specific to the region he's in? Or is it something related to blood magic?

Last edited by kujoe; 2010-08-27 at 23:17.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 23:15   Link #116
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Spoiler for Size:

Anyone remember that Imoen mod for BGII?

Oh yes, you just know someone is going to make a similar mod for this game.

On a more serioius note, I hope Bethany won't end up as another Mhairi...

With regard to Flemeth, it seems she doesn't have horns after all... judging by that pic. She just styles her hair that way.
Old 2010-08-28, 00:11   Link #117
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
The trailer is just that: a trailer. I think it just demostrates what kind of abilities Hawke will be capable of doing in the game. With that one trailer, we can already see how Hawke will be like as a warrior or a mage. I hope that whatever class Hawke is supposed to be will be up to the player.
The classes and specializations are indeed up to the player; they left that aspect untouched. Now whether they changed or added more specializations (for instances, changing Ranger to be a more archer centric spec) remains to be seen.

Quote:
Once again I'm going to bring up Mass Effect, specifically its class system, where the pure classes Soldier, Adept and Engineer have 'mixed' versions. Because of its battle system and this setup, your squadmates are basically left to supporting roles (in other words: almost useless), since your Shepard can pretty much solo every firefight. Heck, in ME2, only Shepard can carry a heavy weapon. It depends on the player's skill of course, but the battle system mostly rewards a player's shooting skill and reaction time. The classes in the original DA however, have something a bit different. Specific classes have their own specializations. Only a few of those specializations can be considered a 'multiclass' of sorts such as Arcane Warrior; and while you can indeed play solo in DA:O, party members are quite vital in employing more advanced tactics.

I hope DA2 will continue to give party members (other than your character) some tactical significance in this regard. Some people like to be the cooler-than-thou hero, but I prefer something with a little more depth.
Well, there's not much that's different between ME and DA in that aspect. Depending on your setup and what you're trying to do, your PC will almost always be the key DPS figure, regardless of whether or not you're trying to be that DPS-er. Only time I saw where it wasn't was where this guy did a Dog playthrough on Nightmare.
I recently tacked on another mod after fixing everything called Advanced Tactics; this mod really makes your last paragraph shine by bringing every possible strategy to the table. And so far, it looks like Bioware learned from the original and gave your party some more tactics to work with instead of shuffling around for 5+ seconds (one early review said that Bethany just stomped an ogre by herself before Hawke could even do anything on his own).

Quote:
One another note, I do wonder if the spear is actually a special item unique to Hawke. It has an orb on one end, and it seems capable of bursting with fire and shooting lightning. I also noticed that Hawke uses blood to mark his face before entering battle, as if it were some sort of battle tradition he picked up somewhere. Probably something specific to the region he's in? Or is it something related to blood magic?
I don't think blood marks have anything to do with Kirkwall. Maybe some other section of Thedas more like something the Avvars would do, as Kirkwall is heavily under the influence of the Chantry and the templars during the time where the game and trailer takes place.
It would definitely be neat if the glaive/spear is Hawke only, but even more so if they become a weapon category of their own, complete with talents.
/end fanboy analysis.
Old 2010-08-28, 02:30   Link #118
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Right after I just got done killing her on "Nightmare" in Dragon Age Origins, she goes and resurrects herself as a bigger nuisance, and as I said earlier, with a hotter body...

(I wonder how she resurrected herself)
The fact that she still looks old (at least for me) make me think that she haven't got a new body for her...yet. I guess Morrigan is still alive somewhere .

Quote:
Wha-? How !? o.o;
I guess I'm building it work because I don't really understand on how to build my character...

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 03:39   Link #119
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Well, there's not much that's different between ME and DA in that aspect. Depending on your setup and what you're trying to do, your PC will almost always be the key DPS figure, regardless of whether or not you're trying to be that DPS-er. Only time I saw where it wasn't was where this guy did a Dog playthrough on Nightmare.
That will depend on the character build, whereas the level progression in ME2 was made much more simpler for a wider audience. Even if you screw up somewhere, you can still pretty much dominate the game. (Obviously, in higher difficulties, this would be harder to pull off.)

I guess you can see a similar aspect in DA, but you'd have to be more specific about builds and all that. ME was simply made to appeal to a wider audience. Dragon Age started out as a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate, a D&D computer game. Buffs and spell combos also require certain party members to work together.

Quote:
I don't think blood marks have anything to do with Kirkwall. Maybe some other section of Thedas more like something the Avvars would do, as Kirkwall is heavily under the influence of the Chantry and the templars during the time where the game and trailer takes place.
It would definitely be neat if the glaive/spear is Hawke only, but even more so if they become a weapon category of their own, complete with talents.
/end fanboy analysis.
Speaking of the Chantry, I guess one can imagine that there might be some sort of personal conflict with them... considering that Hawke's sister, Bethany, is an apostate.
Old 2010-08-28, 03:43   Link #120
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
Wha-? How !? o.o;
I guess I'm building it work because I don't really understand on how to build my character...
Just follow the wonderful adventures of the Arcane Warrior / Blood Mage Jibeker take on the dragon on "Hard" difficulty (Warning, this video does not contain any information unless its in the comments section in the youtube video, and has techno music, Caution: Watch at your own risk)

Tags
bioware, ps3, rpg, windows, xbox360