AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2008-03-31, 23:13   Link #101
lastchance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Yes. That doesn't mean much, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padbar View Post
I'm pretty much uninformed but, wasn't Haruhi 2nd season announced first?
Just from scanning Kyo-Ani's announcement dates, I think it's unlikely that Haruhi 2nd Season will come out later than Clannad After Story. (note, I did not scan very hard)
lastchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 17:15   Link #102
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
You should really hurry up and wrap a spoiler-tag around that one.
If that spoiler that Skyfall has zapped was anything regarding future events, no amount of spoiler taggage would have helped. It's outright against the rules. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt, sold the movie rights.

Two words come to mind when it comes to spoilers like that: "Just don't."

--Ian.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 17:39   Link #103
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRJustman View Post
If that spoiler that Skyfall has zapped was anything regarding future events, no amount of spoiler taggage would have helped. It's outright against the rules. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt, sold the movie rights.

Two words come to mind when it comes to spoilers like that: "Just don't."

--Ian.
Yeah I know, it didn't belong in this thread to begin with so I reported it. It was a question that was phrased in a way that uncovered certain aspects of the AS. My primary concern was to just post something so that a new page would be created in the thread (thus giving those who never played the game a heads-up) while waiting for someone to act on the reported post. Skyfall swooped in and took care of it pretty much instantly, so I hope that no one had time to actually get spoiled by the question.
Old 2008-04-01, 17:46   Link #104
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Speaking of spoiler, just to let you know: we do treat such problems quite quickly. However, report is fine enough.
But since we aren't bots/machines, we can't respond instantly, so people might read the spoiler.

Here comes the little problem: a spoiler might look "harmless" until someone expose its true colors. Hence, saying "put that in spoilers tags!" etc is just confirming the problem, and it will go quite a predicament before we act.
That happened several times, be it on CLANNAD or anywhere else (for instance, I remember there was a gigantic fuss on a picture which was NOT a spoiler until someone said about it, which detonated the bomb).

Hence, as a general advice, please report ASAP, but stay in submarine mode until we intervene. That's the safest way
Old 2008-04-01, 18:02   Link #105
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Ah, Klash got a point. Many times I just glance over a piece of spoiler that I didn't care about until someone pointed this out. Since this thread seems to be a spoiler-free thread, it is safe for me to browse through it now.

And my only input as of this moment is that I hope AS won't be a Tomoya/Nagisa love-hate back and forth. I would love it if Clannad continues to be semi-slice-of-life-ish. In short, if Clannad turns into a primarily romance/drama, then KyoAni will have to be very careful.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 18:16   Link #106
Meatrose
Antihero

Yeah, that makes sense Klashikari. Not that this spoiler was a subtle one (at all) but I can see how comments could end up having a highlighting effect. I'll keep that in mind for future events.
Old 2008-04-01, 19:50   Link #107
dangodaikazoku
akachan dango

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
And my only input as of this moment is that I hope AS won't be a Tomoya/Nagisa love-hate back and forth. I would love it if Clannad continues to be semi-slice-of-life-ish. In short, if Clannad turns into a primarily romance/drama, then KyoAni will have to be very careful.
But KyoAni isn't writing the story. They're adapting it from the Key game. If you overlook the character arc meshing, season one actually follows the game events pretty well. Many lines and jokes are even copied from the game almost verbatim. We can expect season two to be the same.

I've been warned against spoilers, but I can rest assure you that After Story contains a lot of slice of life (adult life) and is not some stupid romantic love-hate drama. The drama is much more profound.
dangodaikazoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 11:14   Link #108
Rikimtasu

Send a message via MSN to Rikimtasu
Spoiler for DVD extra story.:
Old 2008-04-02, 12:04   Link #109
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
Yeah, that makes sense Klashikari. Not that this spoiler was a subtle one (at all) but I can see how comments could end up having a highlighting effect. I'll keep that in mind for future events.
Yeah, I got spoken to on that point, many threads ago near the other end of CLANNAD's run. I've now adopted the stance of "Crouching Reader Hidden Reporter" on such posts. As in if I see these, the Bang Button gets clicked.

--Ian.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 01:02   Link #110
velocity7

It's not Tomoyo After. Read this part:

「智代アフター」ではなく「CLANNADの智代のアナザーストーリー」が...

It's borrowing from CLANNAD Another Story.
Old 2008-04-03, 01:04   Link #111
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

oh, the prospect of tomoyo after being on the dvd got me excited.. way to shoot me down.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 01:22   Link #112
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well, the story that might get animated from CLANNAD Another story has very high potential as well, so don't be let down

That and I'd be more wary than anything if it was the case that TA was getting animated in a single episode
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 01:59   Link #113
Rikimtasu

Send a message via MSN to Rikimtasu
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
It's not Tomoyo After. Read this part:

「智代アフター」ではなく「CLANNADの智代のアナザーストーリー」が...

It's borrowing from CLANNAD Another Story.
It is?
Then what about this sreenshot?
Spoiler for Offical?:
Old 2008-04-03, 04:22   Link #114
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikimtasu View Post
It is?
Spoiler for Offical?:
Though I'm not too sure what is Another Story, that screenshot is talking about that extra episode having material from Tomoyo's route in the game.

Absolutely nothing from Tomoyo After.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 04:45   Link #115
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikimtasu View Post
It is?
Spoiler for Offical?:
It's impossible that we're getting Tomoyo After since that follows the events of Tomoyo and Tomoya hooking up, which did not even come close to happening in the anime. In fact, Tomoyo was the most neglected main character.
Old 2008-04-03, 15:32   Link #116
Forceflow
Kyonko is not amused~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Forceflow
Not unless we go AU.

Which still might happen in regards to the ending in AS.

I'm very curious how they're gonna handle it in the next season.
Forceflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 02:11   Link #117
lordjuggernaut
Earl of Yakumon-shire

... Mai waifu's story will probably not be animated ( booo hooo)..... after all why would you want to see her cry?.....

instead you will prolly see an extended version of movie's second more serious and adult part...... ( i bawwled my head out...... ).....

expect more Sunohara Hijinks, Tomoyo good ness and the love story that is the tomoyanagisa couple....

i want more Kotomi, Kyou, Tomoyo and Mei-cwhan!!!!! ( great... i choose the sideline charas more....)

Last edited by lordjuggernaut; 2008-04-05 at 02:33. Reason: stupidly summing up the whole point of the thread
lordjuggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 07:00   Link #118
dangodaikazoku
akachan dango

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordjuggernaut View Post
expect more Sunohara Hijinks, Tomoyo good ness and the love story that is the tomoyanagisa couple....

i want more Kotomi, Kyou, Tomoyo and Mei-cwhan!!!!! ( great... i choose the sideline charas more....)
Apart from the line which I bolded and italicized... I think not. There will be a lot of Akio and Sanae *nodnod*
dangodaikazoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 08:30   Link #119
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Also the end of the Ibuki sibblings story and Yoshino's as well. I would be very satisfied if they could somehow stuff in the Sunohara's sibblings arc though... I guess we will have to wait for the episode count to be announced for us to have a better idea of what will they include
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 10:38   Link #120
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I guess we will have to wait for the episode count to be announced for us to have a better idea of what will they include
Yeah... 20+ episodes will be able to cover pretty much everything, while 12-13 will be enough for the REAL After Story.