AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-04-10, 00:44   Link #101
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
IS it possible for him to have a stronger romantic love than sibling love? From everything we've been told so far, sibling love is the only strong emotion left for him to feel.

If Maya's statement is in fact a "lie" as stated, this would present a conundrum to Tatsuya. Unless of course he already knows the truth due to his elemental sight.
Excepted siblings love is not romantic love, Tatsuya's feelings for Miyuki are not incestuous.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 01:55   Link #102
Blonddude42

Holy shit! I am so late to the party! So correct me if I am wrong here
Tatsuya and Miyuki are siblings butt there its some uncertainty about their "blood" relation

If could this play into why what Maya said was a "lie"? As in by some technicality you aren't necessarily siblings in the literal sense of the word but siblings in the same way step siblings or half brothers & sisters are?

Or was that just meaning that Miyuki is charging down the incest route?
Blonddude42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 03:34   Link #103
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
Have you tried Hindu mythology?
Is Lucarion here? He might know something about this. (May be Shiva is a protector of Parvti? What about Minami?)
I think, he took more ideas from other popular series more than Hindu myth at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProxyAccount View Post
Mitsugu's phrasing doesn't even treat him as a person, more like a foreign, dangerous thing. ...Ah, the BT version fails to convey it.
Spoiler:

Hayama may respect Tatsuya, but isn't the same as someone conscious of power/danger? When handling wild animals, you learn to respect them. A crocodile bears no grudge nor feel malice, but it might easily kill you just the same. Having said that, Hayama is one of those I think that might have goodwill towards Tatsuya.

Being a crystal of the Yotsuba's sin, it may be that Tatsuya is the result of a Yotsuba experiment going too far in trying to create a superior Magician. Even if he's a 'demon', the body was still created by the Yotsuba from someone. Meanwhile, Miyuki might be a successful result of more acceptable (ethical?) techniques.
I think, we will have to wait for truth about the sin. There are other s-class magicians in the world, so Tatsuya may be exceptionally dangerous, but there are 40+ similar walking WMDs. We already got the kid who was created with genes from siblings. If Tatsuya is similar, I do not think, he is a demon or mononoke, but he may be a product of crazier genetic combination than Minoru.

Tatsuya was not there, and Mitsugu hates Tatsuya for unknown reason. In the conversation, he did not have to say respectively regarding Tatsuya at least not in front of Mitsugu. A lot of people including translators were questioning why the author used such words through Hayama. I believe, Anokata(あの方) was written with dots to signify the words. One translator carefully assumed, Hayama may be trying to piss off Mitsugu by saying respectfully towards Tatsuya because Hayama knows what Mitsugu thinks of Tatsuya. Or, he also considers it as a potential foreshadowing. Another translator just considers it as another caprice from the author because during the Visitor Arc, Hayama talks to Tatsuya as a superior, and on later chapter, he changes the tone and starts talking respectively in the same volume. So, some do not see this significantly.

We have to get the volume first, but what do you guys think? Do you guys think, Tatsuya and Miyuki will get what they want? I do not know why Ishida Kana drew the illustration like this, but it must carry some meaning. lol. By the way, if Miyuki takes Maya's words seriously, what would Miyuki call Tatsuya from now? Tatsuya San? lol.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2015-04-10 at 03:59.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 05:12   Link #104
expertsource

i think yotsuba families' other chairmans don't know tatsuya's born and his special abilities.(strategic one) only maya, hayama and mitsugi knows. maybe even mitsugi doesn't know he is a Strategic magician.
i think, the tests which we saw in volume 15 for tatsuya is continuing. Because nobody knows tatsuya's born secret (as mitsugi said to hayama in vol15), maya intentionally tell tatsuya that he is not miyuki's brother in front of everone in the meeting, but maya and tatsuya already know it is not true, because the author already said that it is a lie and we already saw tatsuya he can look at the DNA with his magic and can tell someone is incest born or other relationships in vol14

maya deceive other chairmans to have tatsuya join to clan again, maya somehow like or afraid tatsuya and wan't him to join to yotsuba clan again as she said in the meeting of vol15.

i think that's the story. And by the way tatsuya will be tested again as they said in vol15. and miyuki will be chosen as succesion. tatsuya will may become a yotsuba member but,
the question in my head is what will be the answer of tatsuya against yotsuba clan? After the test will he accept the joining? will something occur at the meeting and changes the situations?
expertsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 11:54   Link #105
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by expertsource View Post
i think yotsuba families' other chairmans don't know tatsuya's born and his special abilities.(strategic one) only maya, hayama and mitsugi knows. maybe even mitsugi doesn't know he is a Strategic magician.
i think, the tests which we saw in volume 15 for tatsuya is continuing. Because nobody knows tatsuya's born secret (as mitsugi said to hayama in vol15), maya intentionally tell tatsuya that he is not miyuki's brother in front of everone in the meeting, but maya and tatsuya already know it is not true, because the author already said that it is a lie and we already saw tatsuya he can look at the DNA with his magic and can tell someone is incest born or other relationships in vol14
maya deceive other chairmans to have tatsuya join to clan again, maya somehow like or afraid tatsuya and wan't him to join to yotsuba clan again as she said in the meeting of vol15.
i think that's the story. And by the way tatsuya will be tested again as they said in vol15. and miyuki will be chosen as succesion. tatsuya will may become a yotsuba member but,
the question in my head is what will be the answer of tatsuya against yotsuba clan? After the test will he accept the joining? will something occur at the meeting and changes the situations?
Other chairmen? You mean branch leaders. They know about Tatsuya and his Material Bust. Currently, Maya, Hayama, Mitsugu, and six other branch leaders(guys in Yotsuba family meeting) know about Tatsuya's Material Bust. And, every member of Yotsuba knows about the secret(the clan's attempt on Tatsuya's life) except Yotsuba members who are under 20 years old. Hayama is only exception for an employee.

In the meeting, nobody was talking about testing him again. One branch leader (Shibata) said, Tatsuya passed the test for now. His words in the meeting seem to create some confusions. The decision will be made in this volume. My guess is, displaying his Baryon Lance in the clan meeting will shut everyone up.

And, Tatsuya cannot look into genetic information. His elemental sight can look into causal relation: Cause and Effect. If he can look and analyze genetic information, he should be able to determine the true reason behind Minoru's condition, but his ES only allows him to determine how Minoru was created.

And, I agree with you. Miyuki will be chosen as a heir. In vol.15, Tatsuya envied Mayumi's boastfulness for being a member of her family (Saegusa) because unlike Mayumi, his sister cannot come out of light and has to hide her identity. I think, this is a sign from the author that Tatsuya will do anything or accept any deal/order from Maya in order to make Miyuki as a heir and allow her to come out of the shadow. But, as a fan of Tatsuya, the worst possible scenario for Tatsuya is to stay in the shadow while Maya only allows Miyuki to come out to public. However, Miyuki does not have much desire to become a heir. She only wants to be a heir because it will allow Tatsuya to come out of shadow with her even though she may have to engage with somebody that Maya choose. So, if Maya announces to public that Tatsuya is not Miyuki's sibling while continuing to lock him under the Yotsuba's shadow, Miyuki may snap&release Tatsuya from his guardian position and ask Tatsuya to leave Yotsuba. Personally, Tatsuya x Miyuki is too early at this point. The author has been grilling Tatsuya in Mahouka, so I think, we can also expect something worst as well.
Old 2015-04-10, 13:55   Link #106
ProxyAccount

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
Other chairmen? You mean branch leaders. They know about Tatsuya and his Material Bust. Currently, Maya, Hayama, Mitsugu, and six other branch leaders(guys in Yotsuba family meeting) know about Tatsuya's Material Bust. And, every member of Yotsuba knows about the secret(the clan's attempt on Tatsuya's life) except Yotsuba members who are under 20 years old. Hayama is only exception for an employee.
The correct term is "Material-Burst" because of the katakana used.
マテリアル・バースト
Material-Burst
マテリアル・バスト
Material-Bust
Quote:
In the meeting, nobody was talking about testing him again. One branch leader (Shibata) said, Tatsuya passed the test for now. His words in the meeting seem to create some confusions. The decision will be made in this volume. My guess is, displaying his Baryon Lance in the clan meeting will shut everyone up.
Power is not the problem. Fear is the problem. (Type of power is mere justification.)
Quote:
And, Tatsuya cannot look into genetic information. His elemental sight can look into causal relation: Cause and Effect. If he can look and analyze genetic information, he should be able to determine the true reason behind Minoru's condition, but his ES only allows him to determine how Minoru was created.
The connection between genes and magic (if there is one) is unknown. Tatsuya can see structure at least down to the atomic level (necessary for Material Burst and breaking atomic bonds). Reading DNA, if he so choose, shouldn't be an issue as codons are very large molecules with unique atomic structures.
Quote:
And, I agree with you. Miyuki will be chosen as a heir. In vol.15, Tatsuya envied Mayumi's boastfulness for being a member of her family (Saegusa) because unlike Mayumi, his sister cannot come out of light and has to hide her identity.
It's the nature of Yotsuba. The Yotsuba mostly operate in the underbelly of society, behind the scenes. Even Maya, the face of the Yotsuba, is very mysterious and feared.
Quote:
I think, this is a sign from the author that Tatsuya will do anything or accept any deal/order from Maya in order to make Miyuki as a heir and allow her to come out of the shadow.
Actually, Tatsuya only seems to want Miyuki to be happy and presently that means a normal life outside the Yotsuba.
Quote:
But, as a fan of Tatsuya, the worst possible scenario for Tatsuya is to stay in the shadow while Maya only allows Miyuki to come out to public.
Tatsuya doesn't care as long as Miyuki is happy. His own plans don't require him to be open about his identity, because it's through his discoveries that he can really free Magicians from being weapons.
Quote:
However, Miyuki does not have much desire to become a heir. She only wants to be a heir because it will allow Tatsuya to come out of shadow with her even though she may have to engage with somebody that Maya choose. So, if Maya announces to public that Tatsuya is not Miyuki's sibling while continuing to lock him under the Yotsuba's shadow, Miyuki may snap&release Tatsuya from his guardian position and ask Tatsuya to leave Yotsuba. Personally, Tatsuya x Miyuki is too early at this point. The author has been grilling Tatsuya in Mahouka, so I think, we can also expect something worst as well.
Maya's timetable isn't so rapid. Nudging Miyuki into the direction that Maya wants is enough. Miyuki will do the rest on her own.
ProxyAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 15:29   Link #107
Armando99

Quote:
The correct term is "Material-Burst" because of the katakana used.
マテリアル・バースト
Material-Burst
マテリアル・バスト
Material-Bust

Power is not the problem. Fear is the problem. (Type of power is mere justification.)

The connection between genes and magic (if there is one) is unknown. Tatsuya can see structure at least down to the atomic level (necessary for Material Burst and breaking atomic bonds). Reading DNA, if he so choose, shouldn't be an issue as codons are very large molecules with unique atomic structures.

It's the nature of Yotsuba. The Yotsuba mostly operate in the underbelly of society, behind the scenes. Even Maya, the face of the Yotsuba, is very mysterious and feared.

Actually, Tatsuya only seems to want Miyuki to be happy and presently that means a normal life outside the Yotsuba.

Tatsuya doesn't care as long as Miyuki is happy. His own plans don't require him to be open about his identity, because it's through his discoveries that he can really free Magicians from being weapons.

Maya's timetable isn't so rapid. Nudging Miyuki into the direction that Maya wants is enough. Miyuki will do the rest on her own.
Wow! you really broke that down into pieces. I agree with you about Tatsuya only wanting Miyuki to be happy. This also goes along with Tatsuya's goal of freeing magicians from their yoke, as you said.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 16:32   Link #108
Flere821
Lurker

My 2 cents on the cover: from my POV, Tatsuya seems to be more emotive, or even attempting to be seductive, than he ever has been, and Miyuki's expression looks like she doesn't quite know how to handle this change Or maybe I just can't interpret the new(?) art style well
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 16:40   Link #109
Abysmalheart

hmm ..... why would the family discard their blood relation unless they don't want him to be related to the possible head and only make him a guardian/member.

I for one believe the author won't go the incest way as I see that he is bringing an all round development for the ladies and gents who are close to our MC Honooka(parasyte arc) Mayumi (Ancient city arc) and now miyuki ? I would like to mention we might see erika development as well.
Personally I feel the author plans ichijou to end up with her as we see tatsuya teasing him in vol 15 as well as the fact that Tatsuya accepting miyuki as a love interest unlike his usual self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
My 2 cents on the cover: from my POV, Tatsuya seems to be more emotive, or even attempting to be seductive, than he ever has been, and Miyuki's expression looks like she doesn't quite know how to handle this change Or maybe I just can't interpret the new(?) art style well
I am looking at it closely and I can say they are definitely pulling our leg I mean where is the damn title! looking at the previous covers they all have title ohh and I see it releases on 9th of may not 10th.

Update:If we just read the synopsis and take a look at the cover of the prev vols noting went the way we predicted I say nothing ! I believe we are jumping to conclusion too quickly.
Abysmalheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 17:03   Link #110
Clutchdog

Quote:
Mm, that's why I wondered earlier if he'll actually feel different emotions this volume. Anyway, It's somewhat out of characteristic for Tatsuya so I assume that the cover in itself is a pretty big tell for the rest of the volume.

@Abysmal, they add the title in at a later date.
Clutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 17:18   Link #111
ProxyAccount

It looks like Tatsuya's typical gentleness towards Miyuki.
Old 2015-04-10, 17:31   Link #112
amtro
Distro

I for one am looking forward to Mahouka koukou no rettoursei Volume 16: Pillow talk with Miyuki.
If only to see how this develops and if Miyuki's feelings are genuine. Also because of the fact that I'm not overly fond of male virgin protagonists and Tatsuya has been effecively cockblocking himself so far.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 17:47   Link #113
ProxyAccount

I don't recall the writer explicitly stating whether Tatsuya is a virgin. Given the resurgence of conservative social standards in MKnR Japan, probably so. However, we don't know the extent of Tatsuya's experiences and he has spent a lot of time around older military women who might not be aware of just how young he is.
Old 2015-04-10, 18:31   Link #114
amtro
Distro

Tatsuya is the most conservative one, at least morally. He even admits that premarital sex is accepted and fairly safe due to the effectiveness of new forms of prevention in present day. The one going "sex is bad" is him, so one can safely assume that he's a little cherry boy, despite being in the same military unit as Kyouko.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 22:05   Link #115
Echizen777

Quote:
I don't recall the writer explicitly stating whether Tatsuya is a virgin. Given the resurgence of conservative social standards in MKnR Japan, probably so. However, we don't know the extent of Tatsuya's experiences and he has spent a lot of time around older military women who might not be aware of just how young he is.
Why wouldn't he be be a virgin? He can't feel love and never had a girlfriend, when Suzune and co were talking about this he was terribly embarrassed. He saw many girls naked in the 101 and vice versa but that's about it.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 22:18   Link #116
ProxyAccount

It's a distraction to Tatsuya. He can become aroused, but doesn't lust.

Even so, it's really bizarre looking at his situation from the American perspective. About a third or more people graduating high school have already had sex. Many in middle school have already had sex. Most people are not virgins coming out of a four year college and the number of virgins in military service after one year is probably less than 10%.

It's not just male service members that are horn dogs, BTW. The military environment tends to be awash with hormones.
Old 2015-04-11, 01:00   Link #117
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchdog View Post
Mm, that's why I wondered earlier if he'll actually feel different emotions this volume. Anyway, It's somewhat out of characteristic for Tatsuya so I assume that the cover in itself is a pretty big tell for the rest of the volume..
So far, cover pictures always contain something from each volume.
I think, this cover picture is definitely reflecting a part in the vol.16.
Besides the love related issue, I am betting that she gets chosen as a heir.
And, Maya probably did not ask Tatsuya to do something crazy, yet. Or, Miyuki did not hear something that she did not like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Tatsuya is the most conservative one, at least morally. He even admits that premarital sex is accepted and fairly safe due to the effectiveness of new forms of prevention in present day. The one going "sex is bad" is him, so one can safely assume that he's a little cherry boy, despite being in the same military unit as Kyouko.
Yes. I agree with amtro. Tatsuya is the most conservative one in the series.
In vol.15, the narrator specifically states, Tatsuya accepts platonic love, but he loathe physical lust.
For homosexuality, the narrator stated, Tatsuya has average view on homosexuality, but we can only guess what "average" is for the author.

By the way, did you guys find anything new, yet?
Maybe, we have to wait for the sample pages.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2015-04-11 at 01:10.
Old 2015-04-11, 01:17   Link #118
expertsource

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post

And, I agree with you. Miyuki will be chosen as a heir. In vol.15, Tatsuya envied Mayumi's boastfulness for being a member of her family (Saegusa) because unlike Mayumi, his sister cannot come out of light and has to hide her identity. I think, this is a sign from the author that Tatsuya will do anything or accept any deal/order from Maya in order to make Miyuki as a heir and allow her to come out of the shadow. But, as a fan of Tatsuya, the worst possible scenario for Tatsuya is to stay in the shadow while Maya only allows Miyuki to come out to public. However, Miyuki does not have much desire to become a heir. She only wants to be a heir because it will allow Tatsuya to come out of shadow with her even though she may have to engage with somebody that Maya choose. So, if Maya announces to public that Tatsuya is not Miyuki's sibling while continuing to lock him under the Yotsuba's shadow, Miyuki may snap&release Tatsuya from his guardian position and ask Tatsuya to leave Yotsuba. Personally, Tatsuya x Miyuki is too early at this point. The author has been grilling Tatsuya in Mahouka, so I think, we can also expect something worst as well.
İ think yotsuba will test tatsuya again because brach leaders reluctant about him and the one who is pushing the idea is maya and they said it is too early to make a desicion, in the meeting. İf they don't, author won't have much subject to right. İ feel like this

Yes, your idea more accurate. İf branch leader already know, then maya will try to decieve public in oder to put tatsuya to yotsuba's shadows.

İ hope that won't happen and something occurs and spoils it.
expertsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-11, 02:15   Link #119
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by expertsource View Post
İ think yotsuba will test tatsuya again because brach leaders reluctant about him and the one who is pushing the idea is maya and they said it is too early to make a desicion, in the meeting. İf they don't, author won't have much subject to right. İ feel like this
Yes, your idea more accurate. İf branch leader already know, then maya will try to decieve public in oder to put tatsuya to yotsuba's shadows.
İ hope that won't happen and something occurs and spoils it.
Personally, I think, this test and the meeting were a joke because he is a magician who can perform strategic class destruction magic. And, Yotsuba does not disclose themselves in the public, so even if Tatsuya is an outlier in the system, they did not have to kick him out of the family by using Tatsuya's skewed ability as an excuse.

From my personal opinion, his ability as a magician is not a big issue here. The biggest issue would be why Yotsuba is ostracizing Tatsuya. Furthermore, Maya may use her position as his aunt to push this through. Hayama suggested this to Maya, but she stops him by saying Hayama's name loudly while making her face red, but she did not scold Hayama. And, Hayama did not apologize to her. I think, she had a plan B if Tatsuya did not produce a satisfying result from the mission. So, even if the result was not satisfying, Maya would push it. And, the book will have more than enough to talk about. We will finally hear how Yotsuba is structured. And, we will learn what kind of magic or special power branch families have. Ever since vol.15, I did not understand why Yotsuba is considered to be the strongest because the author described Mitsugu weaker than not only Zhou, but he was also considered to be weaker than Nakura who was extra. It was kind of pathetic because he is known as "Darkness of Yotsuba".

I think, the worst scenario is possible, but it may not happen because in vol.14 Maya allowed Tatsuya to work with the military or other 10MC freely for locating Zhou. The author described this as "dropping a bomb". It may be a sign that Maya is willing to use Tatsuya as a pointman or a representative for Yotsuba once he gets invited back into to the family because Maya will not send herself or Miyuki. But, the idea of rejecting sibling relationship has created another confusion in the story.
Old 2015-04-11, 02:19   Link #120
ProxyAccount

The Yotsuba fear Tatsuya. If Mitusugu's view is typical of most other sub-branch leaders, Tatsuya is that of something that must be confined ("put away"). He is a burden, a danger, and a shame, not an asset.

Maya's answer is to use Miyuki to bind him to them, not to seal him away in some lab. She has already decided, with apologies to the other candidates, that Miyuki should become heir, because of the need to control Tatsuya.

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy