AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-12-23, 10:40   Link #101
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

some help needed

1) i have lots of tabs opened ,how can i see all the tab without click right/left arrow [just like IE]

2) when i press page down then page up,it has a slight delay of response,who to remove that "delay"

3) how to make up/down arrows in keyboard work in fox just like in IE [i mean surfing websites,sort of like scroll up/down]
Old 2008-12-23, 11:41   Link #102
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon9283 View Post
Go to about:config. Look for a value called "browser.download.manager.scanWhenDone." Change the value to false.
Sorry if I gave out some bad advice. Epyon usually knows better about these things.

Still if you change this option, but the virus scanner is configured to scan everything downloaded, won't the file still be scanned? This Firefox setting looks like it controls whether FF invokes the scanner. I've seen scanners that embed themselves in Windows and automatically scan every file downloaded or opened.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 15:12   Link #103
Nutcracker262000
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Nutcracker262000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Nope, my cookies are enabled and it's still the same!!!: (
Try checking "Always clear my private data when I close Firefox" option under the Privacy tab in options
Old 2008-12-23, 16:18   Link #104
Epyon9283
Geek

Send a message via ICQ to Epyon9283 Send a message via AIM to Epyon9283
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Sorry if I gave out some bad advice. Epyon usually knows better about these things.

Still if you change this option, but the virus scanner is configured to scan everything downloaded, won't the file still be scanned? This Firefox setting looks like it controls whether FF invokes the scanner. I've seen scanners that embed themselves in Windows and automatically scan every file downloaded or opened.
If you have real time protection (or whatever your AV calls it) enabled then the scan should be performed whether or not Firefox invokes the AV software. I think if the setting is enabled though FF waits for the scan to complete before the download finishes so it introduces a delay that wouldn't normally be seen.

I could see the setting being useful for people who disable real time protection but still want the files they download to be scanned.
Epyon9283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 21:24   Link #105
guess

I am having trouble with catching the misspell function of Firefox. There are more and more words that are obvious misspelled but Firefox has failed to catch them. What is the cause? I am running on vista.
Old 2009-01-26, 00:04   Link #106
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
I did, but it still opens a new window when browsing myanimelist. However, it works fine on other sites. Maybe, its just the layout and interface of the site alone.
I'm not sure if you figured out this problem already, but, for any link, if you hold ctrl while clicking on it, it will open in a tab. But maybe you already knew that.
Old 2009-06-30, 10:02   Link #107
Antares
Haruhiist

Firefox 3.5 was just released if anyone cares...
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 03:58   Link #108
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Here's a weird problem. No image in Firefox 3.6 .. Its not blocked, and it isnt site problem ..

In Opera

In FF (but using IE rendering engine)

The problem

Any ideas of what's wrong? If I right-click -> view image, I get 503 error.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 01:50   Link #109
monster

Is there a way to manually add a default download action for a particular file type without having to actually attempt to download that file type? I found an old mimetype editor extension but I'm looking for something that works with Firefox 4 Beta 9 (and future versions) in Ubuntu 10.10. I also prefer doing it without an extension (as in editing a configuration file or using about:config, etc.) but I'll accept an extension if that's the only way.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browsers, firefox