AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-01-27, 05:20   Link #101
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I wish more fansub groups would pick this up like what happened to UPS. I'm just dying to see more episodes of this show. It certainly deserves more attention, highly underrated.
Old 2004-01-27, 12:45   Link #102
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

It doesn't need more groups on it, it just needs the current group to get a few more eps out.

I'd rather wait forever than see a good show get the standard oversub-to-hell treatment.
Old 2004-01-27, 16:05   Link #103
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator
It doesn't need more groups on it, it just needs the current group to get a few more eps out.

I'd rather wait forever than see a good show get the standard oversub-to-hell treatment.
If more groups pick it up we have choice and if one group decides to slack off a bit or scrap the project all together their will always be another group to continue fansubbbing the series. Also, if more groups sub it, it will more then likely get some attention it derserves such as UPS. I agree with you about the oversubbing treatment, they really oversubbed Chrno Crusade. I think like 10 groups subbed the first episode or so. but if only a few groups pickup this series like 2 or 3 like UPS then I think it'll be ok. Ok I better stop, going way off topic here.

Last edited by Keitarou20; 2004-01-27 at 16:42. Reason: edited some stuff
Keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 16:16   Link #104
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
I wish more fansub groups would pick this up like what happened to UPS. I'm just dying to see more episodes of this show. It certainly deserves more attention, highly underrated.
This show was underrated by the subbing groups anyway, even if some of the fans were all over this. It's certainly got some solid SF to go with the ghosts and so on.
I also want to see more and wouldn't mind seeing more subs by different groups.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 18:50   Link #105
saku~ya
la~li~lo

A little fansub competition does no harm. It would be great if at least 2 or 3 groups were to work on it. But maybe if we keep on talking about it and stuff people will wonder what Twin Spica is all about. Then maybe they'll start to watch it as well. I have high hopes that TS will be picked up again. I can just imagine how happy I would be if I were to watch 4 episodes in a row ^^
saku~ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 02:16   Link #106
x.disunity

^^^ heh, how true.
I'm on the lookout for another good series now that kgne is finished. And so far, only twin spica is fitting the bill.
x.disunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 16:36   Link #107
SomeName
~ notoriously off topic ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by x.disunity
^^^ heh, how true.
I'm on the lookout for another good series now that kgne is finished. And so far, only twin spica is fitting the bill.
Have you given Planet ES a look? It's quite good I must say.

Just to stay on topic, I'm also eagerly awaiting the next release of Twin Spica. ^_^
SomeName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 01:50   Link #108
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

hmm...

planetES was good until the 5th episode or so with the ninja wannabes.... then the show just started to annoy the crap out of me. why waiting for twin spica, i'm watching fullmetal alchesmist, maria-sama ga miteru, mezzo, daphne in brilliant blue, and kita-he
Lanimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 03:04   Link #109
SomeName
~ notoriously off topic ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanimoo
planetES was good until the 5th episode or so with the ninja wannabes.... then the show just started to annoy the crap out of me. why waiting for twin spica, i'm watching fullmetal alchesmist, maria-sama ga miteru, mezzo, daphne in brilliant blue, and kita-he
I'm following two of those that you mention, FMA and Daphne.. but personally I'm more interested in what happens in Twin Spica, Planet ES and R.O.D. TV. Haven't found Planet ES annoying at all, enjoying it quite a lot actually.. I'm curious, what do you find annoying about it?
SomeName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 03:29   Link #110
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeName
Haven't found Planet ES annoying at all, enjoying it quite a lot actually.. I'm curious, what do you find annoying about it?
Please take this up in the Planetes thread or PM this person - this is too far off topic.
Old 2004-01-31, 05:55   Link #111
gmackenz

Unhappy Another weekend, Another RAW of Twin Spica...No sign of a fansub

Sad am I, forced to catch myself up on the backlog of Uninhabited Planet Survival as We Suck prodigously plowed thru UPS in one month to get caught up to Ep. 12 while my favorite show of the season TS languishes unsubbed by any english fansub group at Ep. 6.

*sigh*

Well, time to start downloading what RAWs of the show I can find and have my wife sit next to me to whisper into my ear a rough translation of the dialogue as it occurs, I can't wait noooo longer.
gmackenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 09:57   Link #112
marin

Are there even raws of Twin Spica for groups to translate? I haven't seen any...
marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 10:15   Link #113
wao
OK.

I've seen torrent raws of them at LEAST past episode 7 (I think up to episode 9? 10? haven't checked regularly) on the mircx tracker. I'm sure they're not that hard to find...

Note seen meaning I've seen them there, not that I've watched them... I'm still waiting for number 8. >_< Twin Spica's got its fair share of fans but we're mostly not very good at all this subbing business... Isn't it up to episode 12 in Japan already? x_o;; Guess I can't complain, not having actually done anything.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 12:56   Link #114
saku~ya
la~li~lo

I just saw somewhere that there is Twin Spica 11-raw to be downloaded. x_x I really wanted to I would watch them, but I would rather understand what they are saying ~_~ I'll sit and wait patiently. In the meantime I shall watch the ones that I have ^.^
saku~ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 01:28   Link #115
Autumn

Yesterday i saw the TS episode 13 raw, (its two months since there are any updates, and i just cant wait any longer) so i try downloading the raw. But no use, not seeded/no sources,.. I cant even get the raw, dammit. Really wish more fansubbers would take notice of this series. Its a great series, it even make me make me cry (episode 1 and episode 5).
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 04:19   Link #116
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Just wait a little bit longer... ^^;
Old 2004-02-01, 04:30   Link #117
wao
OK.

No!!! This monopolization of a valuable goods is not justice at all! The people are being denied such necessities by the hounds in the Anime-Fansubs government, what kind of a system is this?! Come, comrades, let us take to arms and revolt against these selfish pigs!!! Let us not stand around and be tormented of the memories of back when we had Twin Spica eps...

...well damnit, there are only two conclusions: my english is pretty lousy and unconvincing, and I've been watching too many Rose of Versailles.

(...if you think I meant anything in the first paragraph, go be a jerk somewhere else please.)

I hope you're right StarCreator, and we only have to wait a little while longer If not I'll really go download the raws... and slowly figure it out, XD.

By the way, anyone read the manga, does the anime follow the manga well or...?
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 11:44   Link #118
Xan
the Figure

well, i'm also waiting for twin spica to be subbed... it's one of those under-rated animes, along with planetes, ups (no more..) and maria-sama...

i was deciding whether to keep twin spica and after the second episode, manged to make up my mind to keep it... it's so emotion packed.... and when asumi meets her mother... well that's was so touching.. she can't even identify herself...

anyway, A-F, GAN BATTE NE!!! keep it coming!!!
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 02:18   Link #119
gmackenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator
Just wait a little bit longer... ^^;
Waited...Popped up out of the ground...Saw my shadow...Still no Spica for the rest of the winter...Went back into my hole...Brrrrrrr...Cold.

---

I read in the forum today [for the only group that does sub TS in english] what I hoped was a joke about the need for supplied translation for TS. This poor gopherdude wasn't laughing. Back to watching Marie-Sama in my underground lair, waiting out the frozen winter of RAW-only TS.
gmackenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 03:20   Link #120
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
well, i'm also waiting for twin spica to be subbed... it's one of those under-rated animes, along with planetes, ups (no more..) and maria-sama...
I don't consider these other shows under-rated. Marimite #4 came out last night and there were like 1000 people all over that thing in the first hour; there have been over 2000 downloads today. It's not like noone was interested in subbing the show either; a second fansub group has released their sub of the first episode. Planetes has had several groups subbing it too.

Tags
science fiction, seinen