5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-03-24, 23:49   Link #101
kuroihikari2

My prediction is that Mashita has managed to evade Arian until now because gunpla battles are relatively small-scale. That A Baoa Qu (which looks to be the result of his wanting to get away from Reiji) is going to alert Arian authorities of his presence.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 23:51   Link #102
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Considering the crime I'm not surprised the chairman was so edgy about being caught. At the same time he interacted with Reiji with no reaction. No matter how big his crime it doesn't mean Reiji's ever seen a mugshot of the guy or even that anyone knows how he committed it. The fact that Reiji has said nothing about this strange effect of his world's technology being used on Earth probably means he's too stupid to ever actually figure it out .

Those gems from Reiji's country are pretty handy. Communication devices on top of everything else .

Certainly don't have issue with Sei getting thrown the best builder title. Regardless of the RG System Hax, it did outright solve all their problems through the tournament. The machine took care of business. Now Reiji being the best fighter....I'm less confident on that one. Really I think Yuuki when not mind controlled could still beat Reiji any day. Heck blinding attack aside I think Aila could beat Reiji. Reiji's piloting was a big deal early in the series but once the level of competition went up it was the power of Sei's tech that made the difference. Reiji was just good enough.

And good thing Takeshi is around....to complain about field changes. We have people getting mind controlled and tortured with experimental tech and that's the big concern .
It's all subjective anyway. It's not like Ral knows every fighter and builder in the world. Who's to say there aren't a few unknown talents that haven't decided to compete in the tournaments yet? There's always someone better.

Well, the field change is the only thing Takeshi could complain about. The rest is just speculation, without concrete evidence, but it's a fact the field changed mid-battle with tons of witnesses. I'm sure Takeshi hoped to get something atleast started with that.
Old 2014-03-24, 23:57   Link #103
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
It's all subjective anyway. It's not like Ral knows every fighter and builder in the world. Who's to say there aren't a few unknown talents that haven't decided to compete in the tournaments yet? There's always someone better.

Well, the field change is the only thing Takeshi could complain about. The rest is just speculation, without concrete evidence, but it's a fact the field changed mid-battle with tons of witnesses. I'm sure Takeshi hoped to get something atleast started with that.
To some degree. Though when it comes to being the best at something there are plenty of athletes that are pretty undisputed at being at the top of their field. Any best of ranking is also based on people who aren't hiding from the spotlight .

I just found the Takeshi bit funny. With all that's gone on with the tournament this the time he was ready to make a stand .
Old 2014-03-25, 00:09   Link #104
kuroihikari2

That's kind of the reason why I think Nibun no Ichi fit the series so well. Sei was the kid in the hobby shop who had nothing to show for whatever he thought his talent was. Reiji made it happen by dragging Sei along to face every challenge head-on.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 00:15   Link #105
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
To some degree. Though when it comes to being the best at something there are plenty of athletes that are pretty undisputed at being at the top of their field. Any best of ranking is also based on people who aren't hiding from the spotlight .

I just found the Takeshi bit funny. With all that's gone on with the tournament this the time he was ready to make a stand .
Cuz it was the first time he was actually there?
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 00:48   Link #106
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Cuz it was the first time he was actually there?
Because he was on his couch the whole time? Seriously why is this even a point of contention?
Old 2014-03-25, 02:03   Link #107
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

You know, I don't really get why some people call the fight "disappointing" just because of Double Build Knuckle, or even the fact that Reiji and Sei won. The latter we already knew for a fact, we just needed to find out how they'll do it, while the former...

Yes, I know Build Knuckle is overused as the end of SBS fights, but calling fights bad because they end via Build Knuckle really misses the awesomeness of the rest of the fights. Hell, in terms of battle choreography and animation this Dark Matter vs SBS fight actually trumps the Fellini or Zaku Amazing fights by miles (both of them didn't have great animation throughout and had to resort to shortcuts, as awesome as they both were). Even the previous fight with Aila had SBS' 360 beamspam, Nils fight was hotblooded throughout, and Mao's was actually showed off some nice moves. And yet people only see the Build Knuckle end and goes "this entire fight is bad".

I guess I don't mind the Build Knuckle ends as much because it's such a convention in Super Robot shows, but even then the Double Build Knuckle was at least an awesome variation from the others, and was nicely animated to boot coupled with an over-the-top effect.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 03:19   Link #108
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
*points to his previous posts detailing the set up for everything that happens this episode*

It's only DEM if it actually get pulled out of nowhere at the last second.
SBS couldn't move at all after being pawned by Exia, but all of a sudden, after hearing Yuuki's been controlled, SBS gets a shounen powerup.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 03:26   Link #109
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
SBS couldn't move at all after being pawned by Exia, but all of a sudden, after hearing Yuuki's been controlled, SBS gets a shounen powerup.
Yes, that was addressed in my points as well.

Quote:
- Star Build Strike being able to move after being powered down: it was recharging, as shown in Sei's screen when he was moping (a large yellow "CHARGE" sign on his screen).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 04:08   Link #110
Yesman
PMS Avenger

It looked like Reiji's piloting skill suddenly improved mid-battle. Being able to react against Trans-Am, is definitely note-worthy. But I wouldn't say that he's the best fighter in the world.

Brinicle Sword could freeze beam sabers? That's insane.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 04:41   Link #111
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Yes, that was addressed in my points as well.
I think people just want to find fault in any of Seiji battle that they don't really pay attention or don't accept that it was shown/hinted.
Old 2014-03-25, 05:33   Link #112
Yesman
PMS Avenger

I'm guessing SBS will get a new Booster next week?
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 05:39   Link #113
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
They did not really villify him, they were more like "why is he fighting like this? Its completely out of character"
Regardless, even if it's just a matter of character. It's a fighting competition, and it's the final. It's perfectly legitimate for anyone to get really serious.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 05:39   Link #114
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
I'm guessing SBS will get a new Booster next week?
No, SBS sortie with clean configuration

Expect more RG in action
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Regardless, even if it's just a matter of character. It's a fighting competition, and it's the final. It's perfectly legitimate for anyone to get really serious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon 1
Consider this:

There are two people with whom you can fight. Both of them are better than you. Both of them will defeat you.
One of them will gain an advantage and maintain it, but will give you enough leeway to attempt to defeat him. After the battle, he will tell you what you did wrong and ask you to try again next week.
The other will immediately launch into a full-lifebar combo and juggle you so cheaply that it literally doesn't matter whether your hands are on the controller or not. You lose in 9 seconds, and he tells you that you suck shit and should have known better than to try and challenge him.

One will encourage you to learn more and try harder, the other will encourage you to quit and avoid further humiliation.

Which of these two people would you rather fight against?
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon 2
First. From a gamer's point of view and form a TCG point of view, it's a greater show of skill to hold back then go full force, especially if you are going to win anyway. It only gives opponents opportunities to get better, creating rivals you can eventually fully go up against.

Tearing apart every newbie as a show of your pride and status as a top competitor only hurts the community, ensuring less people make it to the top. So all in all it is more of a stunt to eliminate competition from arising.

A lot of us have seen power and a some of us fully know how to make the ultimate wombo combos. I honestly think it gets old, and it is in my opinion not even fun just routinely using a fullproof tactic. Whenever I make a deck, or whenever I play a fighting game nowadays, I strive for a play style that is competitive enough to win, while not full proof against the average opponent. It only serves to keep the opponents challenging, making me grow further, something that anyone who routinely curbstomps relentlessly does not get the luxury of growing in.

Rage on! GUNPLA!
Old 2014-03-25, 05:51   Link #115
monster

And then you realize that this is the final of the world competition. A "newbie" excuse, really?
Old 2014-03-25, 06:08   Link #116
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
And then you realize that this is the final of the world competition. A "newbie" excuse, really?
monster, when your only rejoinder is to miss the forest for the trees, that's something I find telling.

Consider Formula 1 of the 1990s. Ferrari were unbeatable. Every damn driver in the world wanted to beat Michael Schumacher. Mika Hakkinen was his greatest rival. They'd race on the track and give it their all.

And then once they were done with the podium, they'd go off and have a beer together.

Both Yuuki and Reiji & Sei were serious. But compare Yuuki's battle with Julian to the Exia Dark Matter's battle with SBS. In the first, you have two people giving it their all, with Yuuki matching Julian blow for blow. In the second, you have Embody Meijin relentlessly curbstomping Reiji, casting aside everything in pursuit of victory.

You can be serious... while still being a good sportsman.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 06:09   Link #117
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Does it even MATTER?

To a Meijin everyone is newbie, THAT'S THE POINT. Meijin is a shining example of Gunpla Paragon, not powergaming snob that stomp everyone. A meijin is a guiding light, beacon of hope. A meijin should spread the FUN of battle, not heartless match with no essence.

What part of "SECOND MEIJIN SUCK" did you not understand?
Old 2014-03-25, 06:14   Link #118
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
monster, when your only rejoinder is to miss the forest for the trees, that's something I find telling.

Consider Formula 1 of the 1990s. Ferrari were unbeatable. Every damn driver in the world wanted to beat Michael Schumacher. Mika Hakkinen was his greatest rival. They'd race on the track and give it their all.

And then once they were done with the podium, they'd go off and have a beer together.

Both Yuuki and Reiji & Sei were serious. But compare Yuuki's battle with Julian to the Exia Dark Matter's battle with SBS. In the first, you have two people giving it their all, with Yuuki matching Julian blow for blow. In the second, you have Embody Meijin relentlessly curbstomping Reiji, casting aside everything in pursuit of victory.

You can be serious... while still being a good sportsman.
Being a good sportsman is about playing honorably, respecting the rules, and accepting the result graciously.

It's not about letting your opponent have a chance to beat you. Giving your all still means giving your all.

And finally, I'm not saying that the Embody-powered fight is right. I'm saying the representative reaction when they don't even know about the Embody system shows an unfair bias.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
What part of "SECOND MEIJIN SUCK" did you not understand?
None, which is why I said that they were vilifying him.

But just because I understand it, it doesn't mean I have to agree with that ideal of the Meijin.

Then again, we don't really know the whole story of the second Meijin. It looks like it's more than just the fighting style, if the Chairman is involved. Maybe there's actual cheating going on. Is this covered in the manga?
Old 2014-03-25, 06:35   Link #119
Aurelis
Daydreamer

To be honest, when Reiji grabbed the right arm, I thought he was going to...

I am very entertained by the other Discharge mode of the Star Build Strike in this episode
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 06:43   Link #120
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Me? I thought he will launch that arm with power gate railgun