AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-08-04, 06:00   Link #101
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Thess you got kind of on guard when ever sombody brings up inho/Asseylum or Slain/Asseylum, i get the feeling your ship is Slain/Asseylum. I myself like Inaho/Asseylum and maybe Rayet/Inaho, I would do Inko too but i get she neither bisexual or just a childhood friend but i could be wrong. But i wounder the writers will Slain to earth beside being a pilot and reunite with the princess maybe they'll do the cliche of his machine crashing and Inho and company finding him inside.
Old 2014-08-04, 09:12   Link #102
ReddyRedWolf

I get the feeling the aliens will come back enraged by Vers using their fellows as weapons.

Ironically they wont differentiate between Terran and Martian as they are Humans.

Vers will get societal collapse as they built their empire on lies.
Old 2014-08-04, 10:31   Link #103
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
She was not crying or too upset, she was simply in shock. She's also the only girl without military training to restrain herself and the one who doesn't know him at all (unlike Inko or his sister, or Rayet who seems to be in the same brainwave). In fact, this proves she doesn't get him at all. She'll be concerned if Rayet was in that situation too. She even stopped her from getting herself killed in episode 3 and risked to show her identity. Why did you choose to even bring this up and not mention she didn't care to offer help to pick him up, huh? Not even "Let me go with you" request. Shouting in shock isn't the same as concern for someone and do things for them. Who were the ones who were on this?
Shouting in shock, as I implied with the Chisaki/Tsumugu reference, is an unconscious reaction to point out that in such a moment she worried for someone who at our eyes should be considered not much more than a stranger. Instead for some reasons that name came out.
Why should she have to go with Rayet? But thanks, because it's an interesting counterpoint, because on one hand we have Seylum who unwillingly shouted his name out, you can't argue it was a manufactured reaction. In fact that was a real and honest reaction. On the other hand we have Rayet who went to rescue him. And we could debate on why she did it easily for hours without finding the heart of the matter. So I can see how the show decided to gave us this different reactions from them, to underline the nature of their reactions and so the nature of their relationship, honest against ambiguous.

Quote:
Which I disagree. She didn't speak or introduce herself as a princess, she was just a curious child approaching the pod and then shocked the boy was dying. Barefoot and with a tiny dress. She was presented as a child and not a mighty princess. If like I said, the saving act had been on her role as princess, I would agree, but this was entirely divorced of Terrans and Martians, of princesses and immigrants, this was about a boy in distress and a girl who helped him. No words exchanged.
She is still a princess, well protected in her castle. It is an important aspect to explain her behavior. But, yeah, I admit that this is my interpretation about that event. I needed a sort of rational explanation for it. And that was the most rational one I could come up to. And I do think it fits quite well with the princess.
Quote:
You are also forgetting an important detail: Slaine became her proxy for Earth. He was one of her influences in this path (and she mentioned it, alongside his father). So claiming the influence of her Terran educator in the obviously racist Martian society wasn't as "big" as Inaho's is simply ludicrous. He was likely an anchor against her to adopt the typical casual prejudice. Because, after last episode, her grandfather also has some of this.
Sorry, I used the word "influenced" in the "impactful" sense of the word. Implying even the local effect of that event. I do recognize Slaine later role, but is not directly related to the shock events we are analyzing. To the contrary of Inaho's event, which is a series of subsequent events all related to the princess condition, because they happened in close succession.

Quote:
With Slaine, she's 'bare' (her true self). With Inaho, she's disguised.
That's the nature of the duality I'm speaking of, how could you be sure she was her true self and not just the princess? I mean, she was surely herself, but in a role she felt caged. That's why she was so excited firing grenades. There is the possibility that the her true self is the one that is disguised now, because she hasn't to behave as a princess, following the etiquette. She could be more free now in that kind of a dire situation than she was when she was in her bell jar.

Quote:
The brake action isn't important, she didn't witness it and wasn't for her sake, it was for all of them. Speaking of which: "Sole sake"? I wouldn't jump into assumptions, so far Inaho hasn't done anything for her sole sake, imo. Of course he would logically avoid the princess to reveal herself and hurt their chances to stop the war. She's more a means to an end.
I'm not talking about Inaho. From the princess' point of view that was an action reserved to her sole sake. He stopped her and went to pilot his mech to save her. Basically he saved her twice there. As a common refugee and as Seylum, to preserve her secret, and so her safety. So, well from her point of view I can't think she wasn't moved

Quote:
I completely disagree in this. She's uninterested in seeking him so far, unless it involves the conspiracy plot. This could change or could not, but so far it's how it stands up to the last episode. Again, about roles which are critical for the plot, but nothing about them as people (Inaho being barely a character, aside). Of course, he's not the most engaging person to hang out with, so who can blame her? But then again, he doesn't seem to hang out with her either.
I said personally. So I have to take your assessment as personal? So you are saying that you, Thess, find more fascinating, shockingly romantic a stranger who broke in your princess castle to the point to save him though a kiss than the other option of you being completely lost from many, if not all, angles just to be saved by a stranger?
I'm not being sarcastic or anything, I'm just asking to make sure this is the same we are talking about.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2014-08-04, 10:46   Link #104
NightKnight
Knight of the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
If you're trying to do multiple quotes from different people, use the "+ quote" button on each person you're quoting. If you're trying to break up a person's quotes, you can just use the quote tags button that's at the top (it looks like a word bubble) around each part of their original quote that you want to separate.
Thanks

Quote:
He does have some evidence. He can prove from the report his men gave him that the mech was empty. It would be common sense really that Trillram wouldn't have gotten outside of his mech, especially in a meteor bombardment, and since he's in a mecha that could literally absorb all the damage. Also, Slaine didn't say anything about Trillram's mech being at the bottom of the lake. It's flimsy, but I think a master manipulator like Saazbaum, could spin everything to at least make Slaine look suspicious, and Slaine's personality will do the rest.
You're right about the fact that Slaine's personality will probably seal his doom if Saazbaum goes with that, but Saazbaum might not know that. It would be pretty risky to do that, considering you're basically accusing one of Cruhteo's men of high treason on the basis that a mech was empty. Sure, he was the one who piloted Trillram, but if Slaine was slick(which he's not, but Saazbaum'd want to be cautious), he'd simply write it off as Trillram tried to run because the Nilokeras wasn't functional, but it didn't work out and he got vaporized by the meteor bombardment. Neither argument is particularly sound, and even though Cruhteo will be inclined to believe Saazbaum as a fellow knight and Martian, but I'm not sure if he'd outright just sentence Slaine to death.

Quote:
He already doesn't believe him and thinks he's a spy. He actually seems to barely remember Slaine. And since this whole "Martian superiority" thing started with him, I don't think thinks highly of Slaine either. How much influence did Slaine's dad have? I don't know, but I don't think it was much. The two only came to Vers 5 years ago, and sometime between that, Dr. Troyard died. That's a short time to really do anything.
Well, to be fair, the Emperor is in his 70s or 80s at least. In fact he actually seems to be dying. So he might not easily remember a lot of things. And the "Martian superiority" thing might not have started with him. After all, during the armistice announcement it was his subordinate that delivered it. So, I'd like to believe that it was his subordinate that wrote the speech and the Emperor just told him to deliver an armistice. (of course....it might still have started with him....but I like to believe the best in people...)

As for the his father, he must have had some importance right? After all, at some point he must have had contact with Saazbaum. Also, something I don't think anyone has mentioned yet, but he came from Earth to Mars. He must've had a good reason for doing so, because he can't have been expecting a better life there, having just came from a war a decade ago. Unless something seriously wrong was happening on Earth, he wouldn't have taken himself and his son to Mars without something to give them. I don't know, but the move seems somewhat random to me, and I think it'd make more sense if he provided the Martians with something.

Quote:
As we see from Trillram, Saazbaum's spies and compatriots could be right under Cruhteo's nose and he'd never know. Also, at least the assassins and spies seems to know how to do their job pretty well, they could come after Slaine pretty easily.
It would appear that he doesn't have any more people who've already infiltrated the castle, seeing that he asks the investigation dude to infiltrate the castle. Not only that though, Saazbaum's in space. It won't be that easy for him to get someone on the ground without good reason. And by that point, Slaine might be in battle, where it'd be difficult to assassinate him without it being awful suspicious, or if he's not, he'll be next to Cruhteo, which is a relatively safe place to be.

Quote:
There is really nothing left for him to do with the Vers. He can't find out any more regarding the conspiricy and he's tried to stop the war from that end.
Actually, what I'd like to see him do, which probably won't happen, but I'd like to see him convince Cruhteo of the truth (with the results of Cruhteo's own investigation) and then proceed from there, with one of the Orbital Knights on their side.

Quote:
I think we'll still see Vers side of things even without Slaine being there, and also, Slaine and Inaho will have to meet eventually. Usually the co-MCs will get together at one point or another.
We'd still see the Vers side, but I think it'd be more interesting with Slaine still there. And as for them meeting up, that can happen later. It's only episode 6 out of 24. I'd like to see them join forces around episode 12, halfway through. (I'd like to see them meet as in fight before then, but oh well)

Quote:
I think everything could still work even with Slaine on the run. It would change the formulaic path this show is beginning to show signs of. Also, with no more sub-knights and Cruhteo being the only Orbital Knight in the area, I think they will take a break from the knight-of the week formula for at least the next episode.
Well I agree with you about the formulaic pathline that's beginning to concern me. I wouldn't like this show to turn into a Inaho wins against another knight every week kind of thing. But since I'm assuming Cruhteo is out of sub-knights, maybe he'll try something new.

Either way, all I'm saying is that there are ways for Slaine to remain on Vers, and I'd like to see one of those ways happen, even if I haven't necessarily thought of them, as long as they're believable, I'm happy. I really like the split perspective right now, so I'd like to see the developers keep that for a bit longer
Old 2014-08-04, 11:07   Link #105
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Shouting in shock, as I implied with the Chisaki/Tsumugu reference, is an unconscious reaction to point out that in such a moment she worried for someone who at our eyes should be considered not much more than a stranger. Instead for some reasons that name came out.
He's her ally who is presently fighting a Knight who might kill them if he fails. Please don't bring Nagi no Asukara (if only Inaho was as well written as Tsumugu).

Chisaki shouted his name and dived into dangerous waters of an angered sea god to rescue him in desperation while she ignored her childhood friends. How can you even compare the scenes? That's so much stretching it's beyond my comprehension. It's not the name shouting that was meaningful, the important part was her actions she did for Tsumugu and not for her friends and how she embraced him afterwards. It was also the result of a built up.

Quote:
Why should she have to go with Rayet? But thanks, because it's an interesting counterpoint, because on one hand we have Seylum who unwillingly shouted his name out, you can't argue it was a manufactured reaction. In fact that was a real and honest reaction. On the other hand we have Rayet who went to rescue him. And we could debate on why she did it easily for hours without finding the heart of the matter. So I can see how the show decided to gave us this different reactions from them, to underline the nature of their reactions and so the nature of their relationship, honest against ambiguous.
Just to show a real meaningful scene as contrast with a meaningless one. Since you brought Chisaki, let me compare that, she had a thoughtless action that moved her to help him.

Quote:
She is still a princess, well protected in her castle. It is an important aspect to explain her behavior. But, yeah, I admit that this is my interpretation about that event. I needed a sort of rational explanation for it. And that was the most rational one I could come up to. And I do think it fits quite well with the princess.
She's always a princess. But that scene was not about her being a princess. If it were, she would have called for help and give order. It was a human reaction of a person. See the Chisaki and Tsumugu scene you like to quote: it's a thoughtless action without regard for her life (the water could have gotten in her lungs) and, unlike the Rayet scene, it wasn't about her pride as princess telling off a ruffian (that's another princess-framed scene), bringing up her power. To be honest, when back in episode 1, we learned she saved him, I imagined that scenario she ordered people as princess, but nope, it was the opposite.

Quote:
Sorry, I used the word "influenced" in the "impactful" sense of the word. Implying even the local effect of that event. I do recognize Slaine later role, but is not directly related to the shock events we are analyzing. To the contrary of Inaho's event, which is a series of subsequent events all related to the princess condition, because they happened in close succession.
Yes. That's what I mean, while you notice I say it might change, the princess rank and political situation is brought up between them since their meeting. And sticks right now. Does this mean they can't be mildly concerned for each other? Not at all, but what matters is their roles (so far). They can grow into another direction, but we haven't seen anything about that yet.

Quote:
That's the nature of the duality I'm speaking of, how could you be sure she was her true self and not just the princess? I mean, she was surely herself, but in a role she felt caged. That's why she was so excited firing grenades. There is the possibility that the her true self is the one that is disguised now, because she hasn't to behave as a princess, following the etiquette. She could be more free now in that kind of a dire situation than she was when she was in her bell jar.
She was more relaxed and excited with Slaine (even blushing) in the first scene, so much she stayed in his room at inappropriate hours and told Cruhteo, she lost the track of time because of view. That's nice and all and it's probably part of the truth (if not the whole truth), since it's a nice view... but, her bedchambers have the same view which I noticed when I listed the importance of these pictures earlier.

Quote:
I'm not talking about Inaho. From the princess' point of view that was an action reserved to her sole sake. He stopped her and went to pilot his mech to save her. Basically he saved her twice there. As a common refugee and as Seylum, to preserve her secret, and so her safety. So, well from her point of view I can't think she wasn't moved
You mean protecting her? That's no different from her maid or a royal guard. She is a princess, after all. Even her double died to save her. She was moved enough to trust Rayet and Inaho, she listens to Rayet's advice last episode. Why are you forgetting Inaho isn't alone in the secret?

Also, I disagree, just like she was doing this to buy time for all, Inaho did this for that same reason and because he needed her to remain low profile or her own scheme would fail. He didn't save her because she was a common refugee, because he moved when they were speaking about the implications of a military scheme and the intrigue. From my perspective, he helped her because she's the princess who can stop this and probably hers too, since last episode she approached him to speak about this situation briefly. Can you dispute that with actual evidence that doesn't rely on your personal interpretation? Maybe in the future, he will care for her as a person, so far the "princess who will stop the war" part is more relevant.

Quote:
I said personally. So I have to take your assessment as personal? So you are saying that you, Thess, find more fascinating, shockingly romantic a stranger who broke in your princess castle to the point to save him though a kiss than the other option of you being completely lost from many, if not all, angles just to be saved by a stranger?
I'm not being sarcastic or anything, I'm just asking to make sure this is the same we are talking about.
I'm saying that the show is introducing something about the angle of plot-related purposes and another for character-related purposes (that's why it had no framing connecting it with the war). You can be "fascinated"all you want, I'm not disputing your personal preferences, merely pointing out my interpretation.

Oh, here, a glimpse of a potential scene of the official manga of Slaine's past. Maybe we can speculate what's that about. He seems to be her escort to some place (though without a context it's difficult to tell). That's kind of new, was this permitted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethemaster View Post
Thess you got kind of on guard when ever sombody brings up inho/Asseylum or Slain/Asseylum, i get the feeling your ship is Slain/Asseylum. I myself like Inaho/Asseylum and maybe Rayet/Inaho, I would do Inko too but i get she neither bisexual or just a childhood friend but i could be wrong. But i wounder the writers will Slain to earth beside being a pilot and reunite with the princess maybe they'll do the cliche of his machine crashing and Inho and company finding him inside.
I don't care if you ship Inaho/Calm, I care when scenes that aren't framed romantically are exaggerated and overblown for the sake of shipping. "Oh she called his name!" is a good example of things that make me eyeroll. Now, if she had been the first one grabbing a boat and rescue him, sure absolutely. I don't like Rayet or Inaho/Rayet, but I accept last scene was odd of her, which can be a scheme but it's too early to tell.

Also, we're not even speaking of shipping, we're speaking of the impact of meetings. I maintain one is meant to be character related and personal (Slaine. Which can lead to romance or deep friendship, I don't care) while another is significant to the plot and impersonal, highlighting the roles (Inaho, one of her allies in this quest). To put it on perspective, so some of you understand: I don't think Inaho will care about her if she wasn't the princess or connected to the plot. On the other hand, Slaine would still care about her.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2014-08-04 at 11:40.
Old 2014-08-04, 11:30   Link #106
Arya

I'm fine for now Thess, I said what I have to say on the matter.
And I'm obviously on the short end of the stick, since I have no real and tangible evidences, except the ones I pointed out that are not so tangibles. I knew that when I came here, but that's the point of speculations, right? So, for now I'll wait for future evidences or hints.

Just to make it clear, I was never denying Slaine and Asseylum relationship. I was discussing on the princess duality.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2014-08-04, 11:43   Link #107
Thess

Quote:
I'm fine for now Thess, I said what I have to say on the matter.
And I'm obviously on the short end of the stick, since I have no real and tangible evidences, except the ones I pointed out that are not so tangibles. I knew that when I came here, but that's the point of speculations, right? So, for now I'll wait for future evidences or hints.

Just to make it clear, I was never denying Slaine and Asseylum relationship. I was discussing on the princess duality.
That's fine, you'll notice I repeated twice that this could change in the future. I expect it to change, and the three main characters to become friends somehow.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2014-08-04 at 11:57.
Old 2014-08-05, 17:07   Link #108
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightKnight View Post

You're right about the fact that Slaine's personality will probably seal his doom if Saazbaum goes with that, but Saazbaum might not know that. It would be pretty risky to do that, considering you're basically accusing one of Cruhteo's men of high treason on the basis that a mech was empty. Sure, he was the one who piloted Trillram, but if Slaine was slick(which he's not, but Saazbaum'd want to be cautious), he'd simply write it off as Trillram tried to run because the Nilokeras wasn't functional, but it didn't work out and he got vaporized by the meteor bombardment. Neither argument is particularly sound, and even though Cruhteo will be inclined to believe Saazbaum as a fellow knight and Martian, but I'm not sure if he'd outright just sentence Slaine to death.
All he really needs to do is plant the seeds of doubt really. He can just tell Cruhteo what he found and leave it at that. Cruhteo is smart too and may put it together, especially with some manipulative proding, and the worst part is that since it's true, if Slaine is question to hard he will spill everything. It's flimsy, but still a possible outcome.

Quote:
Well, to be fair, the Emperor is in his 70s or 80s at least. In fact he actually seems to be dying. So he might not easily remember a lot of things. And the "Martian superiority" thing might not have started with him. After all, during the armistice announcement it was his subordinate that delivered it. So, I'd like to believe that it was his subordinate that wrote the speech and the Emperor just told him to deliver an armistice. (of course....it might still have started with him....but I like to believe the best in people...)
The Emperor is 70 according to his official bio, but despite the fact that he's ill, his mind seems to be sharp from our first introduction to him. Also, the Emperor was the one who actually started this whole Empire by rebellion from Earth. The belief that the gods chose him and his line as the bears of the power of Aldnoah and for that reason he and his family are revered like gods incarnate and the Martians are superior for being the chosen ones to have the alien technology, is the whole cornerstone of the Martians pride and arrogance and why they think Terrans are beneath them. If that didn't start from Ray Regalia, the first Emperor, then where?

Quote:
As for the his father, he must have had some importance right? After all, at some point he must have had contact with Saazbaum. Also, something I don't think anyone has mentioned yet, but he came from Earth to Mars. He must've had a good reason for doing so, because he can't have been expecting a better life there, having just came from a war a decade ago. Unless something seriously wrong was happening on Earth, he wouldn't have taken himself and his son to Mars without something to give them. I don't know, but the move seems somewhat random to me, and I think it'd make more sense if he provided the Martians with something.
I actually do wonder why Dr. Troyard came to Mars. Life is obviously very good for a Terran there, and even if you conformed an made yourself useful to them, they'd always think you were still beneath them. There might be some kind of Earth conspiracy involved, but since we've had yet to see any foul play from the Earth's side, as of right now, I'm thinking that perhaps life was so bad for the doctor after Heaven's Fall (from the sound of their names, Slaine and his father sound as if they come from a Western culture, most of which was hit harder than any other areas after Heaven's Fall) maybe the only option for them was to go to Mars and start a new life? I'm not really sure. Dr. Troyard didn't even last 5 years on Mars, so it couldn't have been that good a life. Though, I'm thinking foul play may have been involved in his death.

Quote:
It would appear that he doesn't have any more people who've already infiltrated the castle, seeing that he asks the investigation dude to infiltrate the castle. Not only that though, Saazbaum's in space. It won't be that easy for him to get someone on the ground without good reason. And by that point, Slaine might be in battle, where it'd be difficult to assassinate him without it being awful suspicious, or if he's not, he'll be next to Cruhteo, which is a relatively safe place to be.
Well, also remember that while Saazbaum is in space, I'm almost sure that some of those on the surface are part of the conspiracy. So, he has men on the planet, and Cruhteo and Saazbaum seem to be "friends" considering how often they talk. I doubt Cruhteo would really question or even notice if some extra men were to come aboard, official or otherwise. And remember Rayet's father and his group had been hiding in plain sight for years. There are probably spies on there that he just hasn't employed to the task yet. We'll just have to see.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-05, 18:37   Link #109
DMurphy

Quote:

The Emperor is 70 according to his official bio, but despite the fact that he's ill, his mind seems to be sharp from our first introduction to him. Also, the Emperor was the one who actually started this whole Empire by rebellion from Earth. The belief that the gods chose him and his line as the bears of the power of Aldnoah and for that reason he and his family are revered like gods incarnate and the Martians are superior for being the chosen ones to have the alien technology, is the whole cornerstone of the Martians pride and arrogance and why they think Terrans are beneath them. If that didn't start from Ray Regalia, the first Emperor, then where?
I'm actually wondering whether the Emperor may be suffering from Alzheimer's disease.

Because people with Alzheimer's do have periods where they're sharp and alert and perceive the world with the same clarity they always did. They become increasingly few and far between as the illness progresses, but they are there.

And you're right, when he first shows up, the Emperor seems to be a very shrewd, sharp individual - but when we see him later, he seems to barely be comprehending what's being said to him, and Saazbaum seems to be able to very easily manipulate him, and it's a really strange shift in characterisation. If it happened over a longer period of time, I might chalk it up to bad writing, but since it happens so quickly I kind of assume something else is up.

It doesn't help that I'm almost certain the Emperor's attendant, the one who was talking to him about the invasion and who later gave his armistice announcement, is part of the conspiracy. He was trying very hard to convince the Emperor that everything was above board with the invasion, and even though the only order he's given is 'contact the UE and inform them that we will be suspending hostilities', what he actually does is publicly broadcast to the entirety of Earth this bizarre tirade that is about 20% what he was actually told to say and 80% insults and lunatic ravings.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
Old 2014-08-05, 19:12   Link #110
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
I'm actually wondering whether the Emperor may be suffering from Alzheimer's disease.

Because people with Alzheimer's do have periods where they're sharp and alert and perceive the world with the same clarity they always did. They become increasingly few and far between as the illness progresses, but they are there.

And you're right, when he first shows up, the Emperor seems to be a very shrewd, sharp individual - but when we see him later, he seems to barely be comprehending what's being said to him, and Saazbaum seems to be able to very easily manipulate him, and it's a really strange shift in characterisation. If it happened over a longer period of time, I might chalk it up to bad writing, but since it happens so quickly I kind of assume something else is up.

It doesn't help that I'm almost certain the Emperor's attendant, the one who was talking to him about the invasion and who later gave his armistice announcement, is part of the conspiracy. He was trying very hard to convince the Emperor that everything was above board with the invasion, and even though the only order he's given is 'contact the UE and inform them that we will be suspending hostilities', what he actually does is publicly broadcast to the entirety of Earth this bizarre tirade that is about 20% what he was actually told to say and 80% insults and lunatic ravings.
Actually, it was likely the emperor was jsut putting on an act since Saazbaum told him Slaine was a spy.
Old 2014-08-05, 19:41   Link #111
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Actually, it was likely the emperor was jsut putting on an act since Saazbaum told him Slaine was a spy.
Thing is, he doesn't have much reason to trust Saazbaum, as far as we know, at least. Saazbaum is one of his counts, yes, but we'd already seen at that point that the Emperor was suspicious of the Orbital Knights - he basically asks his attendant outright if there's some kind of conspiracy afoot, and minutes before Slaine has that conversation with him, he apparently told Cruhteo to launch an investigation.

I mean, alternately he could be putting on an act for Saazbaum's benefit, but again, if he is, then ending the armistice would be a terrible move.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
Old 2014-08-05, 21:08   Link #112
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
You mean when he was talking to Slaine? That's possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
Thing is, he doesn't have much reason to trust Saazbaum, as far as we know, at least. Saazbaum is one of his counts, yes, but we'd already seen at that point that the Emperor was suspicious of the Orbital Knights - he basically asks his attendant outright if there's some kind of conspiracy afoot, and minutes before Slaine has that conversation with him, he apparently told Cruhteo to launch an investigation.

I mean, alternately he could be putting on an act for Saazbaum's benefit, but again, if he is, then ending the armistice would be a terrible move.
Well, actually, we've learned that some of the promotional material is being used for canon scenes within the actual anime, in that case, then the pic showing the royal family along with the two knights, Saazbaum and Cruhteo, could mean that both of them are pretty close to the royal family and maybe even related. They are probably really trusted by the Emperor which is why they are the two knights that actually automatically seek an audience with him when the armistice was given out. Also, I don't think the Emperor's suspicious persay, it seems more like he's simply surprised and wondering what they are doing in that they attacked before the news even reached him.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-05, 21:35   Link #113
NightKnight
Knight of the Night

Quote:
Well, actually, we've learned that some of the promotional material is being used for canon scenes within the actual anime, in that case, then the pic showing the royal family along with the two knights, Saazbaum and Cruhteo, could mean that both of them are pretty close to the royal family and maybe even related. They are probably really trusted by the Emperor which is why they are the two knights that actually automatically seek an audience with him when the armistice was given out. Also, I don't think the Emperor's suspicious persay, it seems more like he's simply surprised and wondering what they are doing in that they attacked before the news even reached him.
Is that the picture with Slaine in it? Because that'd have some serious implications as well...
Old 2014-08-05, 22:06   Link #114
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightKnight View Post
Is that the picture with Slaine in it? Because that'd have some serious implications as well...
Believe me, I've thought of that too. I just find it weird how similar he and the Emperor look in terms of hair and eyes, Asseylum too. It's the whole green eye/blond look.
It may just be coincidence, but who knows?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-06, 06:20   Link #115
D-Joe

Episode 7-10 title
Spoiler for EP 7-10:
Old 2014-08-06, 09:03   Link #116
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Joe View Post
Episode 7-10 title
Spoiler for EP 7-10:
Hmm, can we get translations for the Japanese parts of the title from anyone?

However, just looking at the English half, it looks like they may begin to go deeper into the characters.
Episodes 7, 8, and 10 look like they may be looking back at past events prior to the series.
With 7, perhaps a look at Marito and John on that fateful day?
9 seems to take a darker turn. I really can't get anymore of a sense than that without knowing the whole title.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-06, 10:21   Link #117
Death Usagi
Banned

Episode 9 = Urobutcher arises...?
Old 2014-08-06, 12:47   Link #118
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Episode 9 = Urobutcher arises...?
Urobuchi only wrote the first three episodes.
Old 2014-08-06, 14:12   Link #119
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Hmm, can we get translations for the Japanese parts of the title from anyone?

However, just looking at the English half, it looks like they may begin to go deeper into the characters.
Episodes 7, 8, and 10 look like they may be looking back at past events prior to the series.
With 7, perhaps a look at Marito and John on that fateful day?
9 seems to take a darker turn. I really can't get anymore of a sense than that without knowing the whole title.
7,8, and 10 look like they should character development, exposition, and story progression. 9 seems like things are going to become rather grim.
Old 2014-08-06, 14:42   Link #120
Irenesharda

I was able to find a translation for the Japanese half of the titles:

Spoiler for Whole Titles for 7-10:

Nevermind, I forgot that both Slaine and Inaho are "boys of Earth". I'm almost sure 7 is when Inaho and Slaine will finally meet, though from the way it sounds, since it's a "chance meeting", I don't think they will be meeting in battle or enemies persay. Could Slaine be on the run like we've speculated?

Episode 8 looks like a episode remembering past events for different characters. However, both 9 and 10 look ominous.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2014-08-06 at 15:32.
Closed Thread