AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2015-01-07, 22:40   Link #101
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

That was a nice start, though I do feel that Kaga's and Hibiki lines were rather out of place.

Can anyone tell me what type of planes they were using? Going by Akagi's four arrows, I think she got all 4 slots fitted with planes and Shoukaku at least got a recon plane.
Old 2015-01-07, 22:50   Link #102
Death Usagi
Banned

All of my what...
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 23:05   Link #103
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Never played the game. I have only passing knowledge about the setting and some of the character/ships - but really, since when does understanding everything that happens a requirement to enjoying a show? Geez...

Anyway, I enjoyed it. Bunch of characters, yes, but it was expected so I'm not daunted by them. Nagato commanding like a boss (that and she looks and acts like my Chifuyu-sama so very much), and that gorgeous water animation... If anything, the animation quality is top-notch. Almost to Bahamut levels.

But the Abyssal Fleet girls steal the sexy. I always thought they were sexy - seeing them animated only makes it better.
No Abyssal Admiral though?
That's fine, they just need to be 'pressed into service'.
Old 2015-01-07, 23:07   Link #104
Death Usagi
Banned

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/dvd/562020

Holy god, dat sales ranking for KanColle Blu-ray DVD....
Old 2015-01-07, 23:07   Link #105
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Never played the game. I have only passing knowledge about the setting and some of the character/ships - but really, since when does understanding everything that happens a requirement to enjoying a show? Geez...

Anyway, I enjoyed it. Bunch of characters, yes, but it was expected so I'm not daunted by them. Nagato commanding like a boss (that and she looks and acts like my Chifuyu-sama so very much), and that gorgeous water animation... If anything, the animation quality is top-notch. Almost to Bahamut levels.

But the Abyssal Fleet girls steal the sexy. I always thought they were sexy - seeing them animated only makes it better.
No Abyssal Admiral though?
That's fine, they just need to be 'pressed into service'.
Welcome to the Abyssal club! (high 5)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 23:09   Link #106
Death Usagi
Banned

We don't even know if an Abyssal Admiral exists...

And Wo-class is the most sexiest.

Seaport Hime is the most bustiest

Northern Hime is the most cute and adorable

Re-class is the best troll
Old 2015-01-07, 23:45   Link #107
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/dvd/562020

Holy god, dat sales ranking for KanColle Blu-ray DVD....
And to think it'll only go up(?)
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 23:53   Link #108
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Well, just as I expected that was actually pretty cool. Really feels like SW with much less fanservice and a much easier to follow protagonist; it's not that she doesn't want to fight or follow orders, she just doesn't know how. It seems the comment about her growth was very much true, which is amazing considering she has a sort of canon reason to be a special snowflake, first of the special type destroyers and all. CG was also much better than expected, sure, it still shows at some points, but it's far from dealbreaking like in Arpeggio (to me), and it actually looks good at some points. Of course, it helped that it was limited to the battle scenes, which overall looked excellent, definetly much better than I imagined.

If I had to point something bad, is the use of quotes. I don't even play the game and I could tell most of the stock phrases, and while it did work on some girls, mainly Sendai and Yuudachi, I really hope this stops with Kaga, and please, don't make Hibiki say Harasho to everything, she's one of the girls I've been looking forward to the most. That said, I'm sure we can expect more game phrases when it's introduction time next week. Oh well.

Really good first episode, all things considered, but now comes the rough part: unlike SW, which had battles constantly, everything points at kancolle having much more SoL segments, in fact, they even said the distribution of SoL and battles through the episodes, so now we need to see whether this honestly flimsy premise can hold up with nothing but its characters to keep it afloat (no pun intended) for a while. I expect a lot of disappointment in this thread during the next weeks. Me, I'm just looking forward to the 6th Div and tsunkaku

Among other things, I'm liking Sendai already, who for some reason reminds me of Shirley. Also, I find curious she loves night and not just night battles. Just how hyper she gets when its dark? Of course, Yuudachi is also adorable, though didn't stand out so much, but since it looks she'll have a relevant role through the whole thing, roommate of the MC and all, I'm sure it's just a matter of time till she becomes awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Well, it's not that hard to understand the setting.
Diomedea doesnt even put any of game technical detail into it.

I always recommend to my friends about watching kancolle, dont think too much, treat it like Strike Witches. They got situation, they have solution kinda thing...
Unfortunately, when most people think of SW all they think of is fanservice, not the plot or lack of it, so maybe a different example would be good.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 00:20   Link #109
BIG_BOI_JARRED
Aloha Family*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
We don't even know if an Abyssal Admiral exists...

And Wo-class is the most sexiest.

Seaport Hime is the most bustiest

Northern Hime is the most cute and adorable

Re-class is the best troll
Midway-Hime is pretty close to Seaport-Hime... Hoppou is best loli-Abyssal though

Spoiler for ...:
Old 2015-01-08, 00:20   Link #110
Death Usagi
Banned

Regarding the stock phrases, they did it anew though instead of using pre-recorded ones from the game o.o
Old 2015-01-08, 00:32   Link #111
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

All I heard was poi poi poi :/
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 00:32   Link #112
Requiem-x
The slacking one

I know that, but it's still weird. Just don't abuse it, that's all I ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
All I heard was poi poi poi :/
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Old 2015-01-08, 00:34   Link #113
VTHokiePride

Why do I feel like this is the fleet version of Strike Witches. Also, the arrows turn into planes?
Old 2015-01-08, 00:35   Link #114
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
I know that, but it's still weird. Just don't abuse it, that's all I ask.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
I. DONT. KNOW.
Old 2015-01-08, 00:43   Link #115
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Really good first episode, all things considered, but now comes the rough part: unlike SW, which had battles constantly, everything points at kancolle having much more SoL segments, in fact, they even said the distribution of SoL and battles through the episodes, so now we need to see whether this honestly flimsy premise can hold up with nothing but its characters to keep it afloat (no pun intended) for a while. I expect a lot of disappointment in this thread during the next weeks. Me, I'm just looking forward to the 6th Div and tsunkaku
Some people think it's pretty silly from episode 1 or say it's just like SW. I'm curious how newcomers who are not knowledgeable will take it going forward. With the more SoL, character focus & cameos. I can't imagine them being quite excited by that like we would be.

I just enjoy seeing them on screen and the daily shenanigans of Fubuki's & other divisions.
Old 2015-01-08, 00:45   Link #116
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Why do I feel like this is the fleet version of Strike Witches. Also, the arrows turn into planes?
It kind of is, but (probably) with more SoL moments overall.

Yup, because why the hell not. There's a different way to do it, but none of the girls who use it have been confirmed for the anime, sadly.

Quote:
I. DONT. KNOW.
Only one way to find out, I guess.
Old 2015-01-08, 00:48   Link #117
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:

Only one way to find out, I guess.
10 hour poi videos
Old 2015-01-08, 00:53   Link #118
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Some people think it's pretty silly from episode 1 or say it's just like SW. I'm curious how newcomers who are not knowledgeable will take it going forward. With the more SoL, character focus & cameos. I can't imagine them being quite excited by that like we would be.

I just enjoy seeing them on screen and the daily shenanigans of Fubuki's & other divisions.
As I said, disappointment awaits, specially after that awesome battle scene. Whoever sticks around will probably have some good comments to make, though. Looking forward to that.

Should someone make a warning about the incoming love for lolis that will appear in this thread?

Quote:
10 hour poi videos
Or you could keep watching the series. Would probably save you some time.
Old 2015-01-08, 00:55   Link #119
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
What a good start for KanColle, and I have to say that Diomedia and Keisou Kusakawa did a great job for capturing the look and feel of Strike Witches to this show.

On the other hand, something tells me that the narrator is actually the Admiral himself... Can't wait for that as this anime series is devoid of males!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 01:03   Link #120
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Someone make a 10 hour Poi video. I need it. Now.

Quote:
As I said, disappointment awaits, specially after that awesome battle scene. Whoever sticks around will probably have some good comments to make, though. Looking forward to that.

Should someone make a warning about the incoming love for lolis that will appear in this thread?
Yeah. And please do since there's going to be a ton of fawning.

Tags
adaptation, drama, fleet girls, slice of life, tragedy