AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-07-04, 02:08   Link #101
xentron
Typesetter

err, does anyone know if i need to watch smash hit! in order to get love x love?
because i only have seen cosprayer and not smash hit :P

Last edited by xentron; 2004-07-04 at 07:41.
xentron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 10:05   Link #102
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
No you don't need to watch it, I haven't even seent he previous two series however it doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xentron
err, does anyone know if i need to watch smash hit! in order to get love x love?
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 13:46   Link #103
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Good job with episode 2 guys, you guys didn't rush it as with episode 1. Don't be so quick to release subs, take your time on them, theres no need to rush.
Old 2004-07-04, 17:11   Link #104
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7799
No you don't need to watch it, I haven't even seent he previous two series however it doesn't matter.

If you haven't bothered to watch the first two series, how do you know what you're missing?
LordBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 17:41   Link #105
Loikol
slightly confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by xentron
Well, how hard can it be to download eight twelve-minute episodes.
I don't think it's extremely necessary but it will make much more sense in the long run.
Loikol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 23:47   Link #106
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Would you guys Leave him alone already. There group is doing a decent job why is everyone trying so hard to put ff7799 and his group down.

I haven't seen both the first 2 series and I won't. It really doesn't matter if you see them or not because each series can stand alone, but it wouldn't hurt to watch the other two series for more background information.
Old 2004-07-05, 01:56   Link #107
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Just saw episode 2. Real funny. The best part though is the preview for the next episode.

And yeah, people need to stop all the bashing. They're doing good work with this title and that's all we need to know isn't it?

Let's stop thinking about how to bring a person down and actually talk about the show itself, shall we?
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 06:39   Link #108
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
Would you guys Leave him alone already. There group is doing a decent job why is everyone trying so hard to put ff7799 and his group down.

I haven't seen both the first 2 series and I won't. It really doesn't matter if you see them or not because each series can stand alone, but it wouldn't hurt to watch the other two series for more background information.
If you're referring to my post, it's not bashing. I haven't yet seen Love Love, and I probably won't bother, but if it's anything like the first two, then you do need to take the time to watch them. Love Love certainly can be watched separately, but there would be no reason as all of the humor comes from watching Cosgayers. Alternatively, you could watch Cosgayers and stop, but you would just have watched a terrible show and never get any of the jokes. It truly is vital to watch both if you want to understand anything.

It may be the case that Love Love does stand on its own, and references no jokes planted in the first two series. However, judging from the strong ties between the first two, and the fact that it was a planned trilogy, I'd have to discount this theory. I bet I'm missing something by not watching the third, but here's the thing:

I at least know that I'm missing something, and I don't make baseless statements like "it doesn't matter if you see them or not," because it does matter.
Old 2004-07-05, 22:38   Link #109
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBrian
If you're referring to my post, it's not bashing. I haven't yet seen Love Love, and I probably won't bother, but if it's anything like the first two, then you do need to take the time to watch them. Love Love certainly can be watched separately, but there would be no reason as all of the humor comes from watching Cosgayers. Alternatively, you could watch Cosgayers and stop, but you would just have watched a terrible show and never get any of the jokes. It truly is vital to watch both if you want to understand anything.
Yes my comments were directed at you and all the others that were just being plain mean.
Old 2004-07-05, 23:37   Link #110
ff7799
Banned

If you guys keep insulting our work then we simply will drop the series. Don't push us. My Typsetter/timer has reported being cornered in irc and insulted for his work, it has happaned more than once and if it happens anymore I will drop love love and move on to bigger and better things. Episode 3 is definetly going to be the best episode of all the eps released so far. I'am just tired of all the haters I mean I know its a bit childish for me to even listen to the morons throwing insults while they eagerly wait for the next episode, saying things like
"I think I will stop watching the series now" when they clearly know that no one else is releasing it. We could be doing alot more exciting series including subbing naruto once again which I'am thinking about doing because the naruto fanatics never complain half as much as the haters on this board, if it were up to them the series would be called "Hate Hate?"(yeah I know very original feel free to qoute me on it). My simple point is that I just want these hatters to leave us alone, I think these releases were way above our previous naruto releases when we were super subbers however these hatters nitpick over a 'i' not being capitalized twice in a episode or a interpretation that they didn't like, or they simply don't like the fonts. The most classic must be when morons come into irc telling us what font we should use for our releases and then we have to explain to them the reason why we choose the fonts we do and the font sizes. I'am seriously getting tired of these morons and we won't take it much longer. Keep throwing the hate and the love comes to a end.
Old 2004-07-05, 23:46   Link #111
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
If you guys keep insulting our work then we simply will drop the series. Don't push us. My Typsetter/timer has reported being cornered in irc and insulted for his work, it has happaned more than once and if it happens anymore I will drop love love and move on to bigger and better things. Episode 3 is definetly going to be the best episode of all the eps released so far. I'am just tired of all the haters I mean I know its a bit childish for me to even listen to the morons throwing insults while they eagerly wait for the next episode, saying things like
"I think I will stop watching the series now" when they clearly know that no one else is releasing it. We could be doing alot more exciting series including subbing naruto once again which I'am thinking about doing because I the naruto fanatics never complain half as much as the haters on this board, if it were up to them the series would be called "Hate Hate?"(yeah I know very original feel free to qoute me on it). My simple point is that I just want these hatters to leave us alone, I think these releases were way above our previous naruto releases when we were super subbers however these hatters nitpick over a a i not being capitalazide twice in a episode or a interpretation that they didn't like, or they simply don't like the fonts. The most classic must be when morons come into irc telling us what font we should use for our releases and then we have to explain to them the reason why we choose the fonts we do and the font sizes. I'am seriously getting tired of these morons and we won't take it much longer. Keep throwing the hate and the love comes to a end.
Now now no need be like that. Just ignore them and keep subbing Love Love. You do have Love Love fans that are dling your subs and think you guys are doing a good job on it. Anyways why go back to subbing Naruto when they are over 10 groups already subbing it. . Don't let others tell you otherwise, keep on subbing.
Old 2004-07-06, 00:02   Link #112
hacks21

i love your subbing and your work not many ppl are that nice to sub you have my cheer thats one fan for you:P
hacks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 00:32   Link #113
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

I've been meaning to post in this thread about the "situation" involving Animechi's fansub of Love Love, but I've been putting it off for too long now. With the amount of vitriol on the side of ff7799 and, to a lesser extent, his defender(s), I'm reluctant to even post this. Nevertheless, a few people wanted me to, so here I am. I'm posting, whether you like it or not. Make way for the boney jellyfish, because, as pro-wrestler-turned-movie-star The Rock always says, "You can't smell what that great creature, boney jellyfish, is cooking." If none of that paragraph made sense, then that's probably because I'm both tired and... tired. So very, very tired. Anyway, here goes. *takes a deep breath*

I'm somewhat disappointed in two things. To a much lesser degree, I'm disappointed with the quality of the fansub. To a greater degree, I'm disappointed with both sides of the heated discussion that's occuring here in this thread. I'm disappointed with how some people responded to their disappointment of the fansub, but most of all, I'm disappointed with how criticism is being received. With every art form, criticism is to be expected. Many artists accept criticism, absorb it into themselves, and use it to become better artists. Often, people will seek criticism just so they know how they can improve.

However, from what I've noticed, is that there is a very strong anti-criticism sentiment coming from the supporters of the fansub, and equally strong criticism coming from those who, like me, watch the fansub. ff7799, it's up to you as the figurehead and spokesman of Animechi to make people want to download your fansub. You are the PR man, and we are the consumers that you've brought into a little screening room to find out what works and what doesn't. Unfortunately, the way I perceive it is if one of us talks about a particular aspect of your product we don't like, you come over and hit us over the head with a mallet. You say you want to move on to bigger and better things. Well, you have to start somewhere, and you can't improve your product unless people tell you what they like and what they don't like. That's just how it works, whether you like it or not.

Another thing that bothers me is the schoolboy mentality you seem to have that Love Love is amazing because it has female nudity. However, that's just your opinion on what the series is supposed to be about and you're entitled to it. I'm just saying that, quite frankly, I'm a little bothered by it. The other problem I see is that you're billing it as a standalone series when, in actuality, it's anything but. It's obvious by the fansubs you do that nobody on the team has seen either of the two series that came before this, otherwise you wouldn't be spelling it "cosplaya". It's almost as if every single episode of the series is done like how Live-eviL did their Naruto 77 April Fools episode, and it's somewhat disappointing to watch. The mantra used by almost all of the fansub group community is that their anime is subbed by fans, for fans. However, the way I see it, Love Love is just done for fans, and when the people doing the series aren't fans of it, the fans it's meant for can see it.

Now then, I've criticized your ideals and ethics long enough. I'll give you some constructive criticism regarding your fansub now.

1. Please double-check your translations. Many of the translations in the first episode were simply atrocious. The previously mentioned kanji mistranslations were already discussed, but what hit me hardest was how "Imamura Sayaka", the name of one of the cast members, was translated to "You... aren't Yagami." Now, I'm not going to get all heated up over something like this, as I know what it is that Ooizumi was saying, but I'm just asking you to please double-check.

2. Consistency is the key when doing a fansub. Jougazaki Hikaru, or Mizuki Hikaru in my own version, has undergone three different name changes to arrive at where she is in episode 2. Punctuation is often left out, especially in contractions. You see, fans like consistency. People who trudged through the first two series want to see something familiar in the third series. Please, at least have your editor watch Smash Hit! What I want most of all in this fansub is to have the names in your version consistent with the names in every other fansub. A few changes that I'm requesting are "Cosplaya" changed to "Cosprayers", which is short for Cosmopolitan Prayers. I'm sure you can see what that comes from. The other change I want is for you guys to double-check the names you've given the various cosprayers. Most important of all is changing "Miko Rei" to "Miko Reiya" in order to keep it consistent with the name scheme of other fansubs and the official names. If you guys need any help at all with the names, you can read everything you need on the official M.O.E. website.

3. Translation notes are desperately needed. If you're not going to translate "bulma" into "bloomer", then at least leave a note at the top of the screen informing us of what it means. In the first episode, I also noticed "gensakusha-sama" untranslated. I don't know how either of those got past the QCers, but after one viewing neither managed to get past me. "Bulma" is also repeated in the second episode, which made me sigh with disappointment. Although it's been joked about, I refuse to believe that it was left untranslated simply because it's the name of a DBZ character. However, these two are pretty minor compared to the necessary explanations for Love Love. For example, in episode 2 of Love Love, you didn't provide an explanation regarding Yagami being a "Take 17" girl. For those of you not "in the know", Yagami is talking about how everyone else on the set is making fun of her because she's a horrible actress, requiring 17 takes to get a scene right. The discussion between Ooizumi and Miku later on in the episode practically made my head explode due to its unexplained complexity. I have NO idea what they were talking about, does the translator even know? Was he just blindly translating because he's being paid to do it?

4. Please include the group you're doing this with in the credits. Joint groups have feelings too, you know. Even if they're just QCers, you still should include them in the credits, which is something you didn't do for the second episode.

Honestly, that's about all I have to say -- or want to say, rather -- about the quality of your releases. There are other things on my mind, but most of them are minor and unnecessary. So, with that out of the way, I'll get back to what I was talking about before: the fans, and the other fans. To the other fans, I just want you to keep in mind that Animechi and RyoS are producing the only real fansub of Love Love, and it's probably always going to stay that way. We need to be mindful that at least a group is doing it, no matter how much you may disapprove of it. And, to ff7799, whose attitude is reflected onto the rest of his staff, please grow up. Your immature lashes at criticism are only making you and your group look less appealing.

Another topic I wanted to discuss is something that I've received a LOT of feedback about. People have sent me many messages over ICQ and AIM, people have emailed me, people have chatted with me through IRC, and many have voiced their opinions on my website. The topic in question is me discontinuing my fansub of Love Love. I was talking to a friend a day or two ago, in fact, and I asked him why I should continue it even though my original mission to get a real group to do it was accomplished. His answer was just a simple "it's so funny". I have to say that I was hit with a sudden realization when I read that. When I released the first episode, I did it with the intention of distributing a RAW file that simply had hardsubs that I thought were funny. However, the more I worked on it, I slowly began to see my own little fanbase that shared my twisted sense of humor. It was a fanbase that didn't watch my fansubs to see Love Love, they saw it so that they could watch the subtitles and see how the characters said them on the screen. I was hiding that from myself when I was working on it before. It was hidden under the guise I perpetuated for myself that I would release episodes so that people could get a taste of Love Love before watching real fansubs. But now, that's not so hidden anymore, and I've made a decision.

To appease my fans, and perhaps even my own desires, I've decided to continue releasing episodes of Love Love. It's going to be difficult to wrap up the story, but writing is something that I enjoy too much to stop, and writing a story to coincide with Love Love is something that I want to do. Before I came to my realization, or cognition if you will, I thought that my releasing Love Love would hinder ff7799's releases by drawing people away. However, now I know that people who want to watch Love Love for real will simply go and watch theirs, and people who want to see my releases will simply go and watch mine. Now then, I hope everyone enjoys Animechi and RyoS' releases of Love Love, and I hope you all have a wonderful time watching my releases in the future.

Last edited by boneyjellyfish; 2004-07-06 at 18:19.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 01:54   Link #114
Access

Quote:
If you guys keep insulting our work then we simply will drop the series. Don't push us. My Typsetter/timer has reported being cornered in irc and insulted for his work, it has happaned more than once and if it happens anymore I will drop love love and move on to bigger and better things...
If it's a concern, I'd learn to use /ignore. You can't 'be cornered' on irc as in real life. No matter what you do, there will always be likers and haters. Only a negative-minded person caters to the latter.

If you like it, do it. If not, don't. It's that simple.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 06:22   Link #115
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Quote:
If you guys keep insulting our work then we simply will drop the series. (...) We could be doing alot more exciting series including subbing naruto once again which I'am thinking about doing because the naruto fanatics never complain half as much as the haters on this board
Good lord, man. It's not hate to call a bad translation what it is. It's not hate to say that bad editing should be improved. Hell, it's definitely not hate to say that you should watch parts one and two of a series before working on part three.

If you disagree with this, then please, by all means, make good on your promise and go back to Naruto, where people will have the choice of not watching your subs if they want to keep watching the series.

Holding the subs on a series hostage isn't going to get you very far. If you want to work on something, then you'll work on it. If you work on something because you want our praise and admiration, you'll have to work a lot harder than you obviously feel like working.
Old 2004-07-06, 16:04   Link #116
ff7799
Banned

I work on the series because it was requested more than onces by fans, I don't mind critisism however people don't have to be so mean about it, and so demanding as though they have such a right to complain, I always say if you don't like it then don't watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBrian
Good lord, man. It's not hate to call a bad translation what it is. It's not hate to say that bad editing should be improved. Hell, it's definitely not hate to say that you should watch parts one and two of a series before working on part three.

If you disagree with this, then please, by all means, make good on your promise and go back to Naruto, where people will have the choice of not watching your subs if they want to keep watching the series.

Holding the subs on a series hostage isn't going to get you very far. If you want to work on something, then you'll work on it. If you work on something because you want our praise and admiration, you'll have to work a lot harder than you obviously feel like working.
Old 2004-07-10, 05:07   Link #117
aceleader

ff7799,

Without going into the whole "what the hell is fansubbing all about", I'm sad to read your attitude towards this project. Granted the first piece of critisism towards your episode 1, which appears to be where this whole snowball started, could have been worded much much better, but your response towards that piece of critism, and every other piece has been hardly stellar. Even your ultimatum has made you look like someone with a long long stick stuck up your ass, whether you've intended it that way or not. Having seen those original 3 onscreen screenshots, I do hope you take boney's advice and check your translations.

Even though I haven't seen your fansubs of LoveLove, alot of the critisism here appears to be well founded, though horribly worded, and it would be good to take them into mind instead of brushing them off as you have had in this thread. Unfortunately, because of the initial stance you've taken, people will continue to criticize you for every episode you release until even the basic stuff that was initially presented has been taken care of. Quite frankly, you're going to have to deal with it alot better than you have thus far. However, if you keep up with the attitudes as seen in your ultimatum before with other ciritisms... you're making a very good case for other people to sub a series that really doesn't need to be oversubbed.

===

To everyone else,

The point stands that you can watch LoveLove WITHOUT having previous scarring experiences with Cosprayers or Smash Hit, but you will be missing out on alot of the 'inside jokes'. So let's stop beating around that stupid bush. It died along time ago.
aceleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 12:25   Link #118
ff7799
Banned

ehh your right, Well I have decided to reduce the pace of love love releases to 1 episode every two weeks so I won't even sweat it anymore, I'll just take my time to release the eps and maybe even drop it to one ep a month. Lovel Love is no longer our priority series, we still intend to finish it however we are moving on to bigger and better things. As of now love love weekly releases are now bi-weekly so we can focus on other more important projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceleader
ff7799,

Without going into the whole "what the hell is fansubbing all about", I'm sad to read your attitude towards this project. Granted the first piece of critisism towards your episode 1, which appears to be where this whole snowball started, could have been worded much much better, but your response towards that piece of critism, and every other piece has been hardly stellar. Even your ultimatum has made you look like someone with a long long stick stuck up your ass, whether you've intended it that way or not. Having seen those original 3 onscreen screenshots, I do hope you take boney's advice and check your translations.

Even though I haven't seen your fansubs of LoveLove, alot of the critisism here appears to be well founded, though horribly worded, and it would be good to take them into mind instead of brushing them off as you have had in this thread. Unfortunately, because of the initial stance you've taken, people will continue to criticize you for every episode you release until even the basic stuff that was initially presented has been taken care of. Quite frankly, you're going to have to deal with it alot better than you have thus far. However, if you keep up with the attitudes as seen in your ultimatum before with other ciritisms... you're making a very good case for other people to sub a series that really doesn't need to be oversubbed.

===

To everyone else,

The point stands that you can watch LoveLove WITHOUT having previous scarring experiences with Cosprayers or Smash Hit, but you will be missing out on alot of the 'inside jokes'. So let's stop beating around that stupid bush. It died along time ago.

Last edited by ff7799; 2004-07-10 at 12:49.
Old 2004-07-10, 19:00   Link #119
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Well, it looks like Ooizumi is not going to take the Dungeons and Dragons situation sitting down and is going to ACT! What will he do in order to redeem himself, and what is the secret behind Hikaru's mysterious transformation at the end of episode 5? Find out the answers to those shocking questions - AND MORE - in episode 6 of JAR's Love Love!

Torrent file for v2

Last edited by boneyjellyfish; 2004-07-19 at 17:31.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 06:20   Link #120
RDSVicious

Location: I am here on the fine edge of that blade that's consciousness on one side and dream on the other.
Quote:
but most of all, I'm disappointed with how criticism is being received. With every art form, criticism is to be expected. Many artists accept criticism, absorb it into themselves, and use it to become better artists. Often, people will seek criticism just so they know how they can improve.
Bravo...
I was about to post the same thing but it seems its been taken care of.
Thx for the eps.
RDSVicious is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, loli