AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 2 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 30.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 10.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 10.00%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-09-23, 10:30   Link #101
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Except V3 is unrelated. The only recurring character is the mascot.
Old 2016-09-23, 12:12   Link #102
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Except V3 is unrelated. The only recurring character is the mascot.
Source pls?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-09-23, 13:09   Link #103
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Here's Gematsu on it. They've been saying this for a while, V3 is New in pretty much every way. Hope's Peak will be concluded after the anime.
http://gematsu.com/2015/11/new-danga...ly-new-setting

I suppose it could be shared universe but I sort of doubt it; being out of Junko's (and Nobuyo Oyama's) shadow would give them and Tarako more leeway.
Old 2016-09-23, 14:59   Link #104
DMurphy

I have a strong suspicion it is in a shared universe, in large part because they're carrying over Monokuma and they seem to have set him up to have cultural relevance in-universe (with 'the Children of Monokuma' and such).

That said, they've also been very clear: This story will not relate to Hope's Peak, will not have any returning characters or settings, and will be part of a new story.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
Old 2016-09-23, 15:01   Link #105
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
I have a strong suspicion it is in a shared universe, in large part because they're carrying over Monokuma and they seem to have set him up to have cultural relevance in-universe (with 'the Children of Monokuma' and such).

That said, they've also been very clear: This story will not relate to Hope's Peak, will not have any returning characters or settings, and will be part of a new story.
Well who knows? It could be on the other side of the world for all we know. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2016-09-23, 15:23   Link #106
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Well who knows? It could be on the other side of the world for all we know. xD
Could be! We have very little information to work off, after all.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
Old 2016-09-23, 15:58   Link #107
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
My initial thought after seeing the cyborg was that it might be 20 years in the future or something along those lines. Enough time for the world to be back to normal and for Naegi and Enoshima to be somewhat forgotten. For now I think a separate universe makes more sense, but I guess we'll see.
Old 2016-09-23, 16:35   Link #108
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Shared universe, but not part of the same overall metaplot.
Old 2016-09-23, 17:31   Link #109
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Shared universe, but not part of the same overall metaplot.
The way they are wording it is imho rather vague - it could still be where it was just X years later, or even in between.
'new setting' can be taken however you want, since an actual prison has never been a setting before.
It can as well just emphasize that no old characters will appear (which has already been confirmed).
I think it was written in a vague way on purpose so they can go back on that decision in prequels and still connect the stories if they like to.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-09-23, 17:53   Link #110
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

They said they were done with HPA. Therefore it would make sense for the setting to be completely new and unrelated.
Old 2016-09-24, 03:02   Link #111
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

There's more than enough despair to go around to have a same universe meta offshoot. Pass it around!
Old 2016-09-24, 04:23   Link #112
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

^I'm assuming that's exactly what it is.
Old 2016-09-24, 07:13   Link #113
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Anyway while I really want to see Junko alive and in the flesh, unless she's lazier than Monaca these days I find it doubtful this is her game. Prerecorded Monokuma is just not her style.
All the hallmarks of Junko's games are totally absent. Even Monokuma is but a mere extra.

Junko's games consisted on pushing people to kill each other and hold trials for the judgement and execute the culprit, while at the same time she was actively screwing with everyone and telling lies all the time.

Here is just outright annihilation. Out of 15 people we started with, 9 have died, 4 are alive, the status of one is unknown, and there's another person lurking around. On top of that it turned out the Monokuma Gloomy Sunday was Junko's all along, so anyone could have taken it.

Plus Monokuma in the LIVE told two lies: One was that the Killing Game was being broadcasted worldwide. The other was that finding the traitor would end the game, but as it turned out, everyone could be the killer and the game would have continued on regardless, or until the one who behind this decided it was enough. In the end it took shutting off the breaker room to finally put an end to this nightmare.

So yeah, definitely not Junko's doing. But at the very least this lets us know the mastermind is alive somewhere in this facility.
Old 2016-09-24, 10:14   Link #114
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You make it seem like Enoshima is some kind of boring one trick pony.
Old 2016-09-24, 11:30   Link #115
Homura7

Quote:
Not quite, but pretty close to that. Her super analytical qualities and ability to see through someone and exploit their fears and/or weaknesses only could get her this far. But to achieve some kind of success in her attempt to force a class kill each other she first had to erase their memories.

Notice the contrast? Amnesia played a key-part in DR, but in DR3 there wasn't any need to perform something along the lines because the members of the Future Foundation were already at each other's throats.
Old 2016-09-24, 11:59   Link #116
rantha

I'm really sorry for posting it here. But can anyone help me vote for Junko and Chiaki in these popularity contests?

https://fans.vote/vote/ACnAq1wJYKs/v...e-xem-bai-e-cu
https://fans.vote/vote/ACnArXEtYK0/v...e-xem-bai-e-cu
Old 2016-09-24, 16:41   Link #117
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
I wouldn't say she's a one trick pony, but she's got some guidelines - mostly, that she pursues despair in its purest form, and therefore prefers annihilating her victims psychologically before killing them. "Those who the Gods want to destroy, they drive mad first" . Here there's little of that, the game is much more short and to the point in a way. So I agree this lacks her signature style.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2016-09-25, 03:04   Link #118
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Even though the game absolutely succeeded at making multiple people commit murder?
Old 2016-09-25, 18:28   Link #119
Homura7

So with Side:Future ending tomorrow, why don't we take a moment to list all the clues that may hint at the identity of the mastermind.

- Is someone who is connected to the Remnants of Despair and is also one of them.

- Has got an interest in Naegi and ultimately wants him to survive, but wouldn't lose any sleep if he died.

- Rigged this Killing Game so Munakata would greatly benefit, and fall into despair.

- Has access to the profiles of all Future Foundation members, the Remnants and the Warriors of Hope.

It's also quite obvious that person has accomplices, as pulling all that off would require a great effort.

I can think of only one person that fits the list above.

Last edited by Homura7; 2016-09-25 at 18:39.
Old 2016-09-25, 19:23   Link #120
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
So with Side:Future ending tomorrow, why don't we take a moment to list all the clues that may hint at the identity of the mastermind.

- Is someone who is connected to the Remnants of Despair and is also one of them.

- Has got an interest in Naegi and ultimately wants him to survive, but wouldn't lose any sleep if he died.

- Rigged this Killing Game so Munakata would greatly benefit, and fall into despair.

- Has access to the profiles of all Future Foundation members, the Remnants and the Warriors of Hope.

It's also quite obvious that person has accomplices, as pulling all that off would require a great effort.

I can think of only one person that fits the list above.
Taeko/Celestia?
----------------------------
Jokes aside I still think its Chisa while keeping the off chance of Junko still being alive in mind.
TbH it would need a - really - good explaination for it to not be either of those 2.

Edit:
With a normal explaination I'd let Kirigiri mastermind slide too - for various reasons thats pretty much unlikely though.

Closed Thread