BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-15, 20:28   Link #102
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Spoiler:
Two-cour timing would work out pretty well, actually. S2 would be a "Tsuzuku" end, and S3 end would be the thing you describe.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-21, 09:43   Link #103
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Wow, they really toned things down from the manga here. Some indications remain, but still they left it a lot more vague. For just a simple example...
Spoiler:

And that's just one small point, there was tons more making it quite clear just what life was like for Yui in the Yuki-Onago village. Oh, and they didn't just assume that Akira would die on the way out, they "let him leave" and then sent hunters after him.

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2021-03-21 at 15:22.
Old 2021-03-21, 15:34   Link #104
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm always a bit dubious that young men can be coerced into having erections for the benefit of rapacious women. Fear usually suppresses arousal. Also routinized sex with 200 women probably loses its appeal even for a healthy 17-yo boy.

I proffered a similar complaint some years ago about
Spoiler:
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-21, 16:02   Link #105
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Sadly, it's very real. There are plenty of cases of men being raped, and not just in the sense of the men being penetrated. With enough effort it can certainly be done; sufficient stimulation of sensitive locations can reflexively trigger a response. The fact that he's fourteen (not seventeen, fourteen same as Akira) frankly makes it worse: in early puberty things are very reactive; almost anything can get it going. This entire idea that a person can't get aroused during or leading up to rape is entirely false. Frankly, from what I've heard it's not even uncommon for women and men alike to orgasm during the experience, and one of the reasons men tend to hesitate to admit being raped is because they do get aroused, even when they're the ones being penetrated. Basically, even if the response is somewhat stifled doesn't mean that it's completely blocked.
Old 2021-03-21, 17:52   Link #106
Blueknight78

Quote:
Sadly, it's very real. There are plenty of cases of men being raped, and not just in the sense of the men being penetrated. With enough effort it can certainly be done; sufficient stimulation of sensitive locations can reflexively trigger a response. The fact that he's fourteen (not seventeen, fourteen same as Akira) frankly makes it worse: in early puberty things are very reactive; almost anything can get it going. This entire idea that a person can't get aroused during or leading up to rape is entirely false. Frankly, from what I've heard it's not even uncommon for women and men alike to orgasm during the experience, and one of the reasons men tend to hesitate to admit being raped is because they do get aroused, even when they're the ones being penetrated. Basically, even if the response is somewhat stifled doesn't mean that it's completely blocked.
without any doubts is very disturbing the idea of some peoples have to "man can't be raped" only woman or if a man have a erection "is not rape", if you is man you know how is easy for a man get aroused and have a erection specially in early age, where even when you are "sleep and have dreams" you can not only have a erection but also have a orgasm", man or woman don't have full control over they bodys and things can't happen's against they will, for exemple the same exemple of a male have a erection and orgams while sleep due to a dream can also happens with a girl aswell, our body is in a way programed to work "alone" or outside of our "will" and while you are even doing against your will you do ending having having reactions which theorically where not suppoed to happen like being aroused when you are being raped, if the other "person" know how to proper stimilate the victim she/he will ending get aroused against they will and even have a orgasm even if its wrong to happen.

and this is why when womans are more "common" target for rape" males somehow get more the end of stick because it will be even more shamefull because peoples will gonna say "he had a erection" he was having fun, it not was rape and bla bla bla, without count which nowadays womans words weight more than truth(to be clear not saying which all womans lies or bla bla bla just the system is more unfair) because for peoples is more easy to believe in the woman words than the male in cases of "male being the victim" or if they believe they will use stuffs like erection to make it's looks like it not was a rape".

that part of the village was really crazy, because it is or become they sex slave/toy or die, they don't accept "no" as answer.
Old 2021-03-28, 08:38   Link #107
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

No S2 announcement. Unbelievable. The system really is broken.
Old 2021-03-28, 12:36   Link #108
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Well... I can't say I like Akira's whiny voice and character. His cutesiness was nice in small droves, but by now, it was getting on my nerves. Fortunately its over and he'll be going away for now.

Fight was good. Pretty ingenious of Nobimaru to set Kabane on fire as a cloak of defense and attack and use his regenerative abilities to his advantage. Kabane makes a great team with just about anyone I guess.

Things finally were going to move forward with Kabane searching for his parents. Great thing that Kon is coming along for the ride, and without Shiki or Akira in tow, so they should have some moments together. I knew it was going to be an inevitable fate that Kon would have to choose between Inari and Kabane at some point, ever since her declaration at the end of episode 08, but I didn't think "get Kabane to fall in love" would be in mission form from Inari. At least this gives her a chance to shine a bit, as I'm sure she'll be helpful in some capacity. UNFORTUNATELY, the season ended , and who knows when we'll see the potential of their partnership blossom in anime form(an anime-only watcher here).

*watches ending credits
Me: oh is this a new ending???
Me again, later: Oh, it was just the opening(avoids watching opening for potential spoiler reasons)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
No S2 announcement. Unbelievable. The system really is broken.
Would they have enough material for a second season? About how much of the source material did this season go through?

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-28, 13:47   Link #109
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-28, 13:48   Link #110
BWTraveller
Born to ship

They might just barely have enough for a second season, or will in another month or two. We're coming close to the end of a very major arc; since the manga only comes out once a month, unless it concludes with the next chapter (which does seem possible) the arc will take at least another month or more. I'm pretty sure we'll get a new season, it just might take a little while. Next arc deeply involves Kon and her past, so I'm really hoping it comes out. If only this series was publicized in a two-week serialization instead of a monthly.

For specifics, the current season took us through to the first half of chapter 22 (second half deals with their destination). Currently there are 52 chapters, and the 53rd will be coming out in about a week.

It's pretty clear they wanted to keep the concept of rape down to a minimum in this series, which I can understand. A lot of the backstory in the previous episode was supposed to happen in that flood of memories Akira picked up when he touched the stone, and as I said last week was a lot more explicit. It's kind of glossed over and left to viewer deduction here, but part of Yui's feelings of guilt comes from a fact that those innocent children he ended up killing with the rest of the village were his children. He may not have had any choice in fathering them, but still to kill his own daughters weighs heavy on him.

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2021-03-28 at 14:08.
Old 2021-03-28, 18:44   Link #111
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Would they have enough material for a second season? About how much of the source material did this season go through?
They went through 5 volumes, basically, and the 13th volume was just released. There's plenty of material for two cours, really, if they wanted to release something in the Fall and basically catch up to the manga by the end it. One cour would be just a matter of deciding how to end it.
Old 2021-03-29, 00:59   Link #112
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

My little brother got his head stuck in a railing just like that once, when he was about 4 years old. Made quite a spectacle at Sears, with the maintenance crew having to take the thing apart while he was screaming the whole time...
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-29, 01:49   Link #113
Alchemist007
*Author

It was a fun watch, not an episode out of place. Hope it gets more.

8/10
Old 2021-05-30, 22:39   Link #114
BWTraveller
Born to ship

This came back to me recently, and I've been wondering: how are sales and such? Since that tends to play a big role in when/whether a series gets a S2.
Old 2021-05-30, 22:43   Link #115
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
This came back to me recently, and I've been wondering: how are sales and such? Since that tends to play a big role in when/whether a series gets a S2.
Manga sales got a big boost from the anime. Disc sales were minimal.
Old 2021-05-30, 23:05   Link #116
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Pity about the disc sales. I'd heard they typically have to pass a certain point for a second season to be considered. I for one would gladly buy both (and will buy the Blu Ray whenever it comes out here). Here's hoping the publishers can be convinced to fund another season all the same.
Old 2021-05-30, 23:47   Link #117
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That rule (the so-called “Manabi Line”) doesn’t really apply anymore. Disc sales always help, of course, but they’re a smaller part of the overall financial picture than ever. And they typically don’t matter as much with shounen titles.