AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

Old 2007-06-21, 01:40   Link #101
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

There is no definite answer, so nobody can give you one. It has not yet been decided.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 09:23   Link #102
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
There is no definite answer, so nobody can give you one. It has not yet been decided.
This isn't aimed at NoSanninWa but this was just a convenient point to jump in with this.

For those of you who really liked this series and want another season to be made, there is a way you can influence that decision. Go out and buy the DVDs. The first season is already out and available, and the second volume of season two is due out soon. The better sales are, the more likely a third season becomes.

So, if you love Belldandy, support the anime and buy the DVDs!!!
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 13:39   Link #103
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

As much as I love belldandy, I have around $5 on my bank account and no summer job. Plus I hate American dubbing and will never pay a penny for shitty American voice acting.

That said, I love love love Belldandy. Who doesn't love a living ideal?
Old 2007-06-21, 14:04   Link #104
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Are there dvds with japanese language but with english subtitles on them? I dont have very good knowledge about buying dvds so i have to ask.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 14:09   Link #105
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
Are there dvds with japanese language but with english subtitles on them? I dont have very good knowledge about buying dvds so i have to ask.
Sure, the regular US release DVDs can be watched in either the English language, or in the Japanese language with subtitles (multiple soundtracks and subtitles are a basic function of DVDs and most anime released in the US has both).
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 14:59   Link #106
Demongod86

Well it's enough for me to just support it in spirit.
Old 2007-06-21, 20:11   Link #107
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Sure, the regular US release DVDs can be watched in either the English language, or in the Japanese language with subtitles (multiple soundtracks and subtitles are a basic function of DVDs and most anime released in the US has both).
ah thats good because i'm not that huge of a fan in anime characters speaking characters. I prefer them with speaking japanese with english subtitles (like fansubs). This can enable me to a few words of japanese which is fun. I'm looking carefully into what i should get as dvds. Theres also fate stay night which catches my eye as well as Shakugan no Shana. But this series might win along the race seeing that it is comedy and romance which is my preference of genre.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 01:49   Link #108
Ohyeah4Xx

Is there gunna be a third season?
Ohyeah4Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 06:08   Link #109
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohyeah4Xx View Post
Is there gunna be a third season?
This is a very popular question in this thread, so I would appreciate if you would please take a look at how it has been answered on every single page of this Q&A since the second series ended. It is also asked in many other threads as well. It won't be hard for you to find someone else asking the question and getting an answer. Take a look at page 4 of this thread or page 5... Heck, it is being answered at the top of this page also.

Nothing more needs to be said about this. Really. Every single time someone asks this question people seem to feel the need to discuss it. Let's skip that meaningless discussion this time.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 21:48   Link #110
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
Quote:
Well it's enough for me to just support it in spirit.
Not really. Buy the dvds!
If people buy the dvds instead of just always stealing the fansubs, it helps show companies that the fanbase wants more of it, thus helping get a possible third season for this show!

Buy the dvds!
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 00:10   Link #111
Acseru

Send a message via MSN to Acseru
Why does Otaki and Tamiya call each other "Dai-chan"/"Ten-chan" ? Nicknames ? what does Dai&Ten mean?
Acseru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 03:47   Link #112
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Those are nicknames, of course. Dai means "great" or "big". It's difficult to say what Ten means without seeing kanji though.
Kleo Scanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 11:29   Link #113
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quick question: Why is Belldandy's angel (Holy Bell) so much different from the other characters' angels? What I mean is, why do Urd's and Skuld's angels leave their corporeal forms whereas Belldandy's does not? I have never seen Belldandy and Holy Bell actually separate. I don't understand that.
Old 2007-07-26, 20:07   Link #114
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Quick question: Why is Belldandy's angel (Holy Bell) so much different from the other characters' angels? What I mean is, why do Urd's and Skuld's angels leave their corporeal forms whereas Belldandy's does not? I have never seen Belldandy and Holy Bell actually separate. I don't understand that.
It's because the writers of the TV show decided not to follow manga canon where if an angel separates from it's host, the shock is so great it renders the host comatose.
Old 2007-07-28, 03:45   Link #115
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Not exactly. In manga Noble Scarlet also acts on her own ("Pretty in Scarlet"). Being separated physically would not bring a goddess to a comatose state, only mental separation would.

Holy Bell is not the only one who was shown only attached to her goddess. Gorgeous Rose (Peorth's angel) was never seen separately from her host too.
Old 2007-07-28, 13:31   Link #116
VC Matsumoto
Anime Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to VC Matsumoto
Js2756 & Kleo Scanti

Quote:
Holy Bell is not the only one who was shown only attached to her goddess. Gorgeous Rose (Peorth's angel) was never seen separately from her host too.
Maybe this marks the difference on how highly bonded an Angel is to her Goddess btw 1st & 2nd class Goddesses?

VC
VC Matsumoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 15:44   Link #117
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

That's what i was thinking too, because in the AMG movie Urd's angel comes out and fights beside her... and actually saved her from falling once, if I remember correctly. Maybe that's because she's half-demon? Frankly, I think I'm more confused now than before.
Old 2007-07-28, 18:28   Link #118
VC Matsumoto
Anime Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to VC Matsumoto
To: Spectacular_Insanity,

Forgot to mention you as the person bringing this Goddess/Angel thing up!
I only have one AMG movie (Bell's old L-Interest locked up in the moon?)
Is this the one with Urd fighting?.......have to see it again.
Cool Avatar.......from Chobits?

VC
VC Matsumoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 20:27   Link #119
Demongod86

With that old AMG movie what with Celestin, I've seen clips of it on AMVs...does K1 become some knight or something?
Old 2007-07-29, 06:06   Link #120
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
With that old AMG movie what with Celestin, I've seen clips of it on AMVs...does K1 become some knight or something?
Nope. Actually...
Spoiler for Keiichi: