Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-22, 09:11   Link #101
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
aye its quite rare for a "servent" to be so sarcastic/unruly to the master
He doesn't seem to be doing it on purpose too. Just honest and tend to say the wrong thing at the wrong time. Causing big embarassment for Ayako. ^_^;;
Old 2006-10-22, 13:00   Link #102
Ptolemi
Banned

This is an anime with potential. It has a chance to be good, ok, or complete shit.

The drawing is awsome. I love the style.

The ecchi was not a lot, but i would say a bit less than i tought there would be. I would like more akward between the couple. Maybe he sees her in her underwear or something. I know the ecchi won't be between Yoshimura Mamoru and other girls, because then his girlfriend has to see him and punish him, BUT because she won't hit him or punish him in any way the scene where the guy sees a girl naked or is in an akward position has to be only between her and him. Maybe a slip under the skirt or a boob squish or something. That would add comedy.

Sound/Voice is solid. Nothing to complain about here. It isn't Hellsing OVA quality, but it is completely acceptable for a series anime.

Now what i want to see:

I want to see Yoshimura Mamoru kick the shit out of Ayako's stalker. I want Mamoru to assert his position in the school as her boyfriend and as a caster. I know the stalker will keep giving him issues, so i want him to challenge Mamoru in school and then Mamoru kicks his ass.

The thing that will make or break this show for me is: In this type of the show the guy is ALWAYS weak to a degree. I am tired of seeing romance animes lately where the guy is not strong or partialy strong. I want him to come out on top as the strongest caster (like the guy in Midori no Hibi). Maybe in a dire situation where he needs to protect Ayako as she is about to be killed and he just unleashes his power (like in episode 2, but on a crazy lvl where he shows he is the strongest). He is the main character and is a very good male character. He is not arrogant, nor a panzy, not indecisive, not incensitive, but i want him to come out as the top dog. If he is to be her boyfriend he has to be top dog. That is the only solution. No half-asses attempts at making him look strong, but then again not-so-strong. It is either the strongest or just another typical romance anime lead male character.

Complaints: He is a bit short. I know that is the point of showing him as a weaker character, but i would have liked it if he was a bit taller. He is like a damn teddy bear man. A bit more height would be nice.

Last edited by Ptolemi; 2006-10-22 at 13:23.
Old 2006-10-23, 16:51   Link #103
NaweG
Just some guy

This is exactly the kind of series that is motivating me to learn Japanese

A - So I can watch the raws and be informed ASAP as new stuff comes out

B - So that hopefully someday I can help payback the community by doing some fansubbing myself

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who put out the sub of Episode 1. Just looking forward to the next several...
Old 2006-10-23, 18:15   Link #104
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
B - So that hopefully someday I can help payback the community by doing some fansubbing myself
Well, this is off-topic, but I would be remiss if I didn't point out that there are a lot of ways you can help the fansub community, even without Japanese knowledge. I might recommend checking out the Fansub Groups forum; there are a number of interesting posts in there that discuss the many facets of the fansubbing process, including one that specifically addresses the areas in which fansub groups could use some help. Your average fansub only happens because a lot of people with various specific skills work together to do something they couldn't have easily done on their own. If nothing else, it's a good learning experience too. So, check it out!

In a desperate attempt to bring this back on-topic, I'll just say (since I never commented on it earlier) that I enjoyed episode 3. The student council continues to be a (well-meaning?) bucket of trouble for our love-struck pair.
Old 2006-10-23, 18:36   Link #105
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptolemi View Post
It is either the strongest or just another typical romance anime lead male character.
Personally, I'd prefer it if Ayako were the strongest. Mamoru can be second or equal, I don't mind. But if Mamoru surpasses Ayako, unless they do it well, it's going to be very tricky not to represent Ayako as a Damsel In Distress. Which just doesn't suit her character.

I should also note that "strongest" may have different definitions. If Mamoru has more raw power but Ayako has more control, I may still see Ayako as "stronger".
Old 2006-10-23, 18:43   Link #106
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
you cnt make the leading girl weaker than the seemingly "inferior" male its the strength that ayako has which makes her so lovable and if mamoru were to become stronger it will destroy the whole point of "ayako protecting her love" ie mamoru

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-10-23, 21:10   Link #107
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I think it's because Mamoru-kun is inferrior that everyone was having so much fun teazing the couple.

"So that's what her taste like."
Old 2006-10-23, 23:27   Link #108
Kridsadar_s

where i can visit I-Z & MahoMaho websites ??
Old 2006-10-23, 23:50   Link #109
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

I really anjoyed watching the first episode of this.Ayako's awkward confession was hilarious!And her blushes are too cute.I know I"m going to love this serie as long as they don't show the stalker too much,I hate these types of characters

A strange shotacon romance to say the least.I feel like the student council is quickly becoming a running gag though.

In more serious affairs,when the student president was explaining the latest intrusion,Yuka was very nervous,and while she did come as a nervous character,the way the epsiode made a point of showing her very nervous makes me think she was somehow involved.Maybe she even betrayed the student council?
Old 2006-10-24, 14:28   Link #110
martino
makes no files now

The stalker isn't that bad in my opinion. Some bloodbaths coming with fanservice alerting scenes. I nearly missed the fanservice scene in episode 1 where the stalker got a massive nosebleed inside the car

True...Yuka was kinda nervous, it made me wonder as well. It's the most likely(or easiest to deduce) explanation...
Old 2006-10-24, 15:13   Link #111
Kensuke

I wish that I could understand what Mamoru and Yuka were talking about in ep. 2, oh well, I'm waiting for fansubs.

While Mamoru can show some strenght, and while he is short, he is also mature (even more mature than most male leads), but Ayako will be strongest. It is Ayako x Mamoru, not Mamoru x Ayako, if one like to use pairing terms. Of course after just three episode I have no idea where this series is going, this is a 24-episode series after all.
Old 2006-10-24, 15:34   Link #112
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Woah there is going to be 24 episode? Banzai!!! ^_^
Old 2006-10-24, 15:41   Link #113
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

I watched ep.1 and a question brings me to think about it. During the scene where Ayako *invades* the student council office, the student council president says someone is "stealing/interfering with objects that concerns Ayako's memories". This brings me to a scenario in the future where Ayako might forget about Mamoru. Well, this is just my guess but it seems like Ayako is being highly targeted , as a hostage or something.
Old 2006-10-24, 18:43   Link #114
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kridsadar_s View Post
where i can visit I-Z & MahoMaho websites ??
We don't have a website and I don't think MahoMaho has one either except for our BT tracker pages.

If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask via PM, email, IRC or even in this thread if you think other people will have the same questions. I don't think anyone will mind too much if I answer specific questions here.
Old 2006-10-24, 19:59   Link #115
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca View Post
Woah there is going to be 24 episode? Banzai!!! ^_^
This anime is getting 24 episodes, Sumomomo Momomo is getting 26 episodes, so I'm pretty happy
Old 2006-10-25, 06:59   Link #116
Kridsadar_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
We don't have a website and I don't think MahoMaho has one either except for our BT tracker pages.

If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask via PM, email, IRC or even in this thread if you think other people will have the same questions. I don't think anyone will mind too much if I answer specific questions here.
Just cheer you on,Nothing more than that coz i'm start to make this too but different language.
Old 2006-10-25, 16:16   Link #117
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post

Just add me to the list of folks cheering y'all on!
Old 2006-10-26, 12:21   Link #118
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Watched episode 3...
Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-10-26, 14:03   Link #119
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Watched episode 3...
Does that mean the subs are available somewhere?
Old 2006-10-26, 14:04   Link #120
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Does that mean the subs are available somewhere?
Nope. Only the RAW are available at the moment. Dunno how long are we going to wait for the subs though.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, romance, school life, tsundere, zexcs