Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-08, 12:54   Link #101
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
I agree with Kitten, though. We've only seen Soi's bankai in one chapter. One. Out of 360.

It's hard to understand, then, how people are convinced that her bankai can only do one thing when she just barely revealed it.

Most other bankais have quite a few abilities. Byakuya's bankai and Hitsugaya's bankai come to mind. Even Renji has quite a few moves he can do. And Renji is a newb at bankai compared to Soi Fon.

While it's true that I don't think she would have defeated Barragan in one shot, it's too early to assume that there's nothing else she can do with her bankai.
Old 2009-06-08, 13:53   Link #102
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
whos the idiot that said tieing her self up to the building is stupid? Uh its obvious that she did that to keep her from flying back from the blast. Dur

and the only reason I don't see Soi Fon finishing Barragan is because that would be too easy. same with Haliba, I dount she is dead yet.

I look down upon Soi Fons bankai not her, it would have been more awesome if her Bankai covered entire body with armor exactly like her glove, pretty much any hit with her feet or hands will kill the target (if hit Twice)

not a Bankai that she hates. Isnt that getting a bit Cliche?

whos next? Shunsui doesn't like his Bankai because it ruins his appearance?
Well I saw several people saying that on other forums... if you don't think that it is stupid then that post wasn't meant for you.

I'm not saying that she has killed Barragan. I actually don't want it since it will be too easy. I still belive that Halibel will get out and Barragan will be fine. I'm just saying that we should give Soi Fon's bankai a chance.

If Halibel really is alive, we might found out about it only after several chapters. If so, my point is that Soi Fon's bankai also might have some special effect on Barragan after also some more chapters.

I agree, that would look cool. But she got bazooka and exploding things isn't that bad. At least she really has something unique in comparison to others. Besides maybe she does have some amor, who knows.

Actually she is the first character who doesn't like her bankai and Hisagi was first one who doesn't like his shikai.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
EDIT: As for Renji's snake - its segmented like his Shikai and used in the same fashion as well, pretty much like a segmented sword/whip. Also his zanpaktous spiritual manifestation is a snake or at least half of it.

The only thing contradictory between the bankai and the user was really Ichigo, but him being the protagonist and more unique than the other Shinigami he usually is the exception.
But it doesn't represent his character.
Ikkaku's bankai is completly different from his shikai. Whole design is different while Soi Fon's is pretty much similar but has different ability. And since she could kill you with simpla 2 hits, so exploding is pretty much making it better. I'm sure no one would like a one-hit kill. In that case she could easily replace Yamamoto 0_o

Ichigo is already uniques since he has super hollow inside and got it in different way from vizards... Orihime is also unque since she has godly powers.
Chad also is uniques at some point since he has hollow powers out of nowhere. So adding one more unique character won't be anything special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
I agree with Kitten, though. We've only seen Soi's bankai in one chapter. One. Out of 360.

It's hard to understand, then, how people are convinced that her bankai can only do one thing when she just barely revealed it.

Most other bankais have quite a few abilities. Byakuya's bankai and Hitsugaya's bankai come to mind. Even Renji has quite a few moves he can do. And Renji is a newb at bankai compared to Soi Fon.

While it's true that I don't think she would have defeated Barragan in one shot, it's too early to assume that there's nothing else she can do with her bankai.
Thank you!
Yeh, I don't expect Barragan to go down like this. That is why there must be more. Even Ichigo who is full Zero came up with holding getsuga in his sword.
Yes it is still getsuga, but different way of using what gives different effect.

So let us just wait. Besides spoilers will be out tomorrow
Old 2009-06-09, 04:56   Link #103
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

I wonder if Soi Fons bankai has a payload of anthrax or the Ebola virus, if I remember correctly her shikai is poison based...
Old 2009-06-09, 05:05   Link #104
kitten320

Quote:
I wonder if Soi Fons bankai has a payload of anthrax or the Ebola virus, if I remember correctly her shikai is poison based...
Yeh it was poison based that is why I hope for small 'X' being written somewhere on the rocket
Old 2009-06-09, 05:09   Link #105
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Yeh it was poison based that is why I hope for small 'X' being written somewhere on the rocket
Actually X is a symbol for Irritant. The skull and cross bones is a symbol of poison.
Old 2009-06-09, 05:12   Link #106
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Actually X is a symbol for Irritant. The skull and cross bones is a symbol of poison.
Doesn't 'X' mean that dangerouse intoxicating bomb which was thrown at China in the past?
Sadly have no one idea how it is called in English...
Old 2009-06-09, 05:18   Link #107
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

You mean by the Japanese? They used mustard gas and Lewisite if I'm not mistaken. i don't know about an X Bomb. Maybe.
Old 2009-06-09, 05:27   Link #108
kitten320

Quote:
You mean by the Japanese? They used mustard gas and Lewisite if I'm not mistaken. i don't know about an X Bomb. Maybe.
Well there all those intoxicating stations around. Some of them blew up and now there is a lot of different illnesses in these areas.

Like people and animals borning with 2 heads.
Old 2009-06-09, 05:29   Link #109
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yikes. That's nasty. But I don't think poison will work on Barragan since he's already a pile of bones. Besides, a blast that big, won't it kill the other captains?
Old 2009-06-09, 05:36   Link #110
kitten320

Quote:
Yikes. That's nasty. But I don't think poison will work on Barragan since he's already a pile of bones. Besides, a blast that big, won't it kill the other captains?
It sure is!
Well maybe it can effect his bones somehow? Make them crumble or weak?

As far as I remeber all captains were pretty far from her... although I have no idea how Omaeda plans to survive 0_o
Old 2009-06-09, 05:52   Link #111
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
although I have no idea how Omaeda plans to survive 0_o

Lol. Maybe she could take Halibels position as sacrificer.
Old 2009-06-09, 05:57   Link #112
kitten320

Quote:
Lol. Maybe she could take Halibels position as sacrificer.
Lol could be

She will make Omaeda a SS hero
Old 2009-06-11, 14:09   Link #113
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Did anyone notice that the slits/cuts in Hitsugaya's Ice Petals used to be from the outside going into the center, while with his recent fight the cuts start from the center and point towards the edge.

Is that a drawing error or is that mean to symbolize a greater control over his bankia?

Also does anyone exactly know what those Ice petals are for? Is it like Ikkaku's crimson dragon that acts as a gauge before he can draw more powerful attacks. Or is it just a timer that represents how long he can sustain bankai. I thought Hits said that he can maintain that form as long as there is moisture in the air, so a timer would seem pointless.

Finally before he did his uber attack, he said that he was initially concerned because he hadnt tried it before, but since he had lost half of his petals there no point in worrying anymore...

What does that mean? Is it that he needs to lose half of the petals before he can perform it? It requires at least half of the petals to be performed (as in its a now or never situation) or with half the petals gone, it can only be at half power...?
Old 2009-06-11, 14:17   Link #114
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
Well seeing as how Soi would almost certainly always need some kind of distraction in order to set up her bankai, I guess now we know why she puts up with Omaeda as her vice captain despite his incompetence. If nothing else, he makes a good decoy. I would also assume this is why she didn't tell Omaeda about the pillars; she knew she might need him to act as a decoy if she was forced to use her bankai.

If that's the case, then it seems as though Kubo did plan out Soi's bankai well in advance.
Old 2009-06-11, 16:20   Link #115
kitten320

Quote:
Did anyone notice that the slits/cuts in Hitsugaya's Ice Petals used to be from the outside going into the center, while with his recent fight the cuts start from the center and point towards the edge.

Is that a drawing error or is that mean to symbolize a greater control over his bankia?

Also does anyone exactly know what those Ice petals are for? Is it like Ikkaku's crimson dragon that acts as a gauge before he can draw more powerful attacks. Or is it just a timer that represents how long he can sustain bankai. I thought Hits said that he can maintain that form as long as there is moisture in the air, so a timer would seem pointless.

Finally before he did his uber attack, he said that he was initially concerned because he hadnt tried it before, but since he had lost half of his petals there no point in worrying anymore...

What does that mean? Is it that he needs to lose half of the petals before he can perform it? It requires at least half of the petals to be performed (as in its a now or never situation) or with half the petals gone, it can only be at half power...?
I think it is a time limiter.

The reason why he said that, is most likely because if the time will run out, his bankai will be gone and then goodbye Hitsugaya. So it is logical to try something instead of waiting for nothing. He knows that Halibel was holding back and he knows he will be doomed otherwise.

Well that's the way I understand it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
Well seeing as how Soi would almost certainly always need some kind of distraction in order to set up her bankai, I guess now we know why she puts up with Omaeda as her vice captain despite his incompetence. If nothing else, he makes a good decoy. I would also assume this is why she didn't tell Omaeda about the pillars; she knew she might need him to act as a decoy if she was forced to use her bankai.

If that's the case, then it seems as though Kubo did plan out Soi's bankai well in advance.
Yeh, could be. I actually heard that Soi Fon is one of Kubo's favourite female characters because she is similar to some other character of his.

But still her bankai power and it's name make no sence for me... There just MUST be something else to it!

But maybe I want too much
Old 2009-06-12, 19:23   Link #116
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
Quote:
I think it is a time limiter.

The reason why he said that, is most likely because if the time will run out, his bankai will be gone and then goodbye Hitsugaya. So it is logical to try something instead of waiting for nothing. He knows that Halibel was holding back and he knows he will be doomed otherwise.

Well that's the way I understand it.

Yeh, could be. I actually heard that Soi Fon is one of Kubo's favourite female characters because she is similar to some other character of his.

But still her bankai power and it's name make no sence for me... There just MUST be something else to it!

But maybe I want too much

speaking of soi fon's bankai...i wonder if you can only use it once since she launches the entire thing as a missile???
Old 2009-06-12, 19:28   Link #117
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

^ Well unfortunately it looks like only a one time launch, she was freaking exhausted after one shot...
Old 2009-06-12, 19:43   Link #118
kitten320

Quote:
^ Well unfortunately it looks like only a one time launch, she was freaking exhausted after one shot...
Well it was said that she had used a lot of power in that one attack, and she seemed pretty tired before going bankai... so no wonder

But I was thinking here... if it is really a one shot bankai(still hope not), can't she simply un-release her sword and then go bankai again?
Old 2009-06-12, 21:26   Link #119
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
Quote:
i see...that's not very interesting at all. and it definitely looks slow enough to dodge...and it seems to take a massive amount of reiatsu to operate.

Quote:
Well it was said that she had used a lot of power in that one attack, and she seemed pretty tired before going bankai... so no wonder

But I was thinking here... if it is really a one shot bankai(still hope not), can't she simply un-release her sword and then go bankai again?
yea, even if he went bankai i don't think she'd have enough energy to blast it again. its a pretty big disgrace for being captain; i guess we'll find out soon enough, but i personally think that it didn't even scratch barragan and she's all tired for nothing. i would guess right when she's about to get a finishing blow from him yourichi might get in on it.
Old 2009-06-13, 10:12   Link #120
kitten320

^ Actually it was fast. Just the way Kubo drew it this week.
As someone had suggested... Soi Fon VS Barragan should be animated in slowmotion for us to see
And I completly agree on that

I'm still believing that she simply used only one of its attacks, there might be more in future (doubt that in this fight). But if it really was a one-shot and not a one-shot kill, it will be big letdown in comparison to her shikai and to her aweasome skills. And if so, I claim that Kubo hasn't planned her bankai at all -_- Just used some random idea which popped up some time ago in order to do atleast something against Barragan -_-

I will be really sad and angry then -_-