Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2008-02-05, 21:36   Link #101
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Hahaha, holy shit - on the topic of great Mario vids there's a recent series combining two popular genres on niconico into one:

Yugioh x Mario! It's more play videos of modified Mario maps except it's as if Kaiba made the map and made Yami(/ATM/whatever) play it with all sorts of annoying funny annoying funny narration clips taken from the anime. It's really hilarious, and the maps are good to boot.

Here's the first one, but be careful not to watch it during "Economy" periods as the audio desyncs. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1931738

And the second one: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2198837

Pretty fun watching these. Well then again, I only got to enjoy Yugioh jokes entirely thanks to the myriad of evil, bad, nasty, horrible, dastardly infectious Yugioh videos on niconico... Friends don't let friends get hooked onto the most silly Yugioh videos around.
Those videos really make me smile... I think that the blending of 2 franchises is so great (when done for comedic purposes). I love mario, I love young yugi, and most of all I love enemy controller. I preferred the one that had commentary all the way thru. Both maps were fiendish. But the second one was extremely hard, I'm not sure I could of completed that one.

But on your first post I never responded to...
I had seen those types of videos before, but I didn't know what they were called. I love the hard levels, more than automatic stages. But auto stages are a design marvel... I think that mario world was a stupendous game.

@Sister Princess
That video owned so much. Do you know if that was an actual game they modded. Or was it a video that was made. I'm suprised how well mario works in the mega-verse. I want to see mario in a megamari game
Heres a great example of a pro player, no hit, the whole game... nothing less than amazing... http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1774114
Touhou and megaman meet. Bullet hell plus megaman boss fights = major pwnage... Music in the game is awesome. Plus difficult is up there with nes megaman games... it probably exceeds it.

@Nagato
I need to review your vids later, but I'll give you some feed back...

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 08:01   Link #102
wao
OK.

Great link, Sister Princess! Thanks.

And I'm glad you like those kind of vids jigenbakuda. I personally enjoy seeing the hard vids more too, although some of those auto-Marios have marvelous designs. I agree that the second video was funnier (I don't know why I crack up whenever I hear their voices... R-R-R-Reisei ni nare!)

It's amazing that a video game from so long ago can still be so much fun - and it's really to Nintendo's benefit that they don't delete all these videos for "infringing on copyright". If you leave it to the fans, they can really enrich a franchise more than "official creators" ever could...

...speaking of which, those official events organised by niconico don't seem to be too popular, do they? Aside perhaps from the top videos from the Official JAM PROJECT Remix Festival - somehow it's only the fan-driven stuff that really sparks off memes, I guess because most of the time fan-driven video responses involve copyrighted stuff which would be limited in official competitions. I suppose it's obvious, but it's also a little sad; I guess in some ways I wanted to see one of those ideas work. Not like I did anything to help, of course.

And speaking of memes I'm about this ready to stab the Gourmet Race theme song with a painful spork. Except that I also don't want to admit that I... I still enjoyed the Light one. (The effects of the Light x Dango Daikazoku video still haven't worn off, you know? I can't look at a single shot from that last episode scene without thinking MATSSSDA MATSSSDA)
Old 2008-02-06, 19:18   Link #103
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Oh yea nagato, I'm definately not advanced enough in japanese to enjoy your links. I struggled for a while, then I posted this, lol. But its interesting to me that the ladies are yuri divas. I want to learn about them just for the hell of it, but it will have to wait a couple years... I'm listening to the radio broadcast now. Its really cute... too bad they don't swing my way I'm not understanding anything but, the voices are sexy, oh well....

Old 2008-02-06, 23:43   Link #104
wao
OK.

zOMG, talk about perfect timing - riding on the Danjo meme, someone finally made an Auto-Mario Sequencer version of it!

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2244995

And I think it's well done (the synchro at the start is perfect). He even used red-green/red-blue to represent females and males respectively - loved the bit with the shopping center
Old 2008-02-07, 01:10   Link #105
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

My newest addiction within niconico: caramelldansen, also known as ウッーウッーウマウマ(゚∀゚). Apparently this is a remix of some Swedish band song? For some reason, this got associated with a portion of the opening to Popotan, and resulted in a flurry of paradies, like of Lucky*Star, Higurashi, Suzumiya Haruhi, and so on. Very distinctive in the style of SD drawing and movement, with both hands next to ears mimicing rabbit ears. Highly addictive (i.e. 中毒注意 )

Edit: Darn you, wao. I finally got Danjou out of my head, and now...! (gotta go listen to more caramelldansen)
Old 2008-02-07, 01:48   Link #106
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Does anyone have an explanation for why niconico videos can somtimes take over an hour to buffer for 60 minutes and other times buffer faster than Youtube videos? It seem completely unpredictable and wildy fluctuates even during what I would imagine are off peak hours.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 02:11   Link #107
p997tt
= Porsche 997 Twin Turbo

I started watching videos on Niconico last year when my Japanese friend first introduced it to me. I really like how quite a lot of the videos have really high visual and audio quality (compared to Youtube at least), plus some of the comments on there crack me up . These days I mostly use Niconico for Puyo Puyo matches and song medleys (only to sample different songs as I am still not happy with the audio quality of Nicovideos, even if they have 320kbps MP3 quality).

So far I have uploaded about 15 videos on Niconico and most of them are Puyo Puyo videos. One of the videos has nearly 13000 views now, which I am quite happy about.
p997tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 02:54   Link #108
wao
OK.

Kaioshin_Sama: I've experienced the same thing. I can't explain it technologically, but I guess maybe some videos are size-wise really huge yet have crappy quality to make up for it? I dunno, sometimes it also depends on the time (I have VERY fast speeds on weekday mornings as most nico users are at work/school, but it's hopeless expecting fast speeds on weekend evenings, obviously)
I know some videos have been purposely encoded to "avoid Economy-mode" - if the video is less than a certain specification, it won't have its video quality degraded during peak hours even if it's currently very popular. Their method of reducing video quality is quite awful though, some videos get desynced with the audio and some are just unwatchable. -_-

I wish I knew why some are so disgustingly slow though, really...

dahl_moon: I've seen that one popping up quite often in the rankings charts but never dared to check it out (I know this will end up like danjo if I do), but I think eventually I will cave in and see it.

...never mind, I just did. ...ウッーウッーウマウマ(゚∀゚) AARGH
(I think I still prefer Danjo, though!)
(...wait, did this originate from overseas? In which case that's pretty cool. )

p997tt: 13k views! I'm almost envious. I've only uploaded: Youtube transfers (cat videos etc), a Dennou Coil vid and 4 drawing process videos. I'm lucky if I get more than 2k views after 5 months, but then again nobody really wants to watch drawing process vids unless they're using famous characters and are particularly moe.
Old 2008-02-07, 02:54   Link #109
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
Highly addictive (i.e. 中毒注意 )
And as usual, I don't heed warnings

Damn it! How can a repeating 26 segment be so addictive???? Only the Haruhi one has the full version of the song, but I still can't believe I actually watched all of them to figure that out...can't help it, 電波

What's up with 古泉?? Obviously a play on 小泉, but what's this meme?
Old 2008-02-07, 02:59   Link #110
bayoab

Quote:
My newest addiction within niconico: caramelldansen, also known as ウッーウッーウマウマ(゚∀゚).
The song (+video) has been around for a long time too. It just seems to have gone viral recently for some reason.
The soramimi lyrics for caramelldansen are classic nico style too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Does anyone have an explanation for why niconico videos can somtimes take over an hour to buffer for 60 minutes and other times buffer faster than Youtube videos? It seem completely unpredictable and wildy fluctuates even during what I would imagine are off peak hours.
There are also rate limiters on the individual servers and other limiters in place. I've had times where one video will load quickly, but all the others will go slowly.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 05:53   Link #111
Nagato
幻想郷

@jigenbakuda
No problem. Maybe this one is better http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/1477194, MAD Lucky Star Yuri series with Higurashi/Higurashi preferences mixed. I like Lucky★Star but I like this one better And nope, I'm not spreading yuriyuri or other viruses here

The editing especially the audio part is really well done you see many ネ申 or 神 in the danmaku. Not only that, the parody/ the story is also written very well it forms a new gaiden/side story with Konata and Kagamin as the main characters.
Old 2008-02-07, 11:59   Link #112
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Okay I'm having some trouble. I can't watch nico because it says to update my version of flash. I updated but it still won't let me watch. Do I need to download the japanese version or something? When I click on the words "flash player" it links me to the english site, I find that strange for a japanese site, plus they have a japanese version of flash. Well anyways, just looking for some help so I can get back to nico-ing.

Edit: Aint that a bitch, I can't watch youtube either. Its definately a problem on my end...

2nd Edit: fixed it

Last edited by jigenbakuda; 2008-02-07 at 13:20.
Old 2008-02-07, 14:42   Link #113
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post
Okay I'm having some trouble. I can't watch nico because it says to update my version of flash. I updated but it still won't let me watch. Do I need to download the japanese version or something? When I click on the words "flash player" it links me to the english site, I find that strange for a japanese site, plus they have a japanese version of flash. Well anyways, just looking for some help so I can get back to nico-ing.

Edit: Aint that a bitch, I can't watch youtube either. Its definately a problem on my end...

2nd Edit: fixed it
I think I had this happen once and solved it by Reinstalling my browser.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 21:41   Link #114
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I think I had this happen once and solved it by Reinstalling my browser.
Thanks a bunch!

Old 2008-02-09, 22:46   Link #115
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikusabe_Wataru View Post
Whoever made that downloading script for niconico is god *_*

Is it possible to download the video w/ the comments intact?
NicoPlayer download the video and save the comments in a .xml file for replaying. If you're asking if there's any way to save the comments as part of the video, you're down to using something like カハマルカの瞳 or other desktop capturing programs for that.
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 04:20   Link #116
Vicfred
free software enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Vicfred Send a message via Yahoo to Vicfred
is there a way to favorite a video, how do i make a list? i just cant find how to do that can any one tell me?

-solved after read the help >_<- sry

Last edited by Vicfred; 2008-02-11 at 04:38.
Vicfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 07:15   Link #117
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
My newest addiction within niconico: caramelldansen, also known as ウッーウッーウマウマ(゚∀゚). Apparently this is a remix of some Swedish band song? For some reason, this got associated with a portion of the opening to Popotan, and resulted in a flurry of paradies, like of Lucky*Star, Higurashi, Suzumiya Haruhi, and so on. Very distinctive in the style of SD drawing and movement, with both hands next to ears mimicing rabbit ears. Highly addictive (i.e. 中毒注意 )

Edit: Darn you, wao. I finally got Danjou out of my head, and now...! (gotta go listen to more caramelldansen)
Man, this thing is spreading like wildfire, already there are Clannad, Nanoha and Vocaloid versions and there's no end to this.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 07:55   Link #118
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
And it is about to take over part of AS as well XD

Join Riker and me in this mad craze

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 09:13   Link #119
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Yes, we are trying to invade this forums with the CaramellDansen avatars. :3
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 11:41   Link #120
Nagato
幻想郷

And now with lyrics, well precisely a 空耳歌詞 (misheard/guessed lyrics) in Japanese.
niconico: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2195637
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rgEcAnNq6U

♪ウッーウッーウマウマ(゚∀゚)ウッーウッーウマウマ♪
♪ウッーウッーウマウマ(゚∀゚)ウッーウッーウマウマ♪

gotta rewatch popotan.

Tags
video