AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-17, 07:43   Link #101
gaguri

Disappointing. Didn't like its visuals or music, or its approach to violence and nudity in bad taste. Its only saving grace is Rin's character and the related mysteries, such as those wisp-like objects and how she learned to come back alive, but the rest of the episode was mediocre. The male character is dead boring, and I cringe at the thought of seeing him again. Or maybe I won't have to.
Old 2008-02-17, 07:55   Link #102
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
first episode was promising.
male guy was useless and totally transparent, wish he had really commit suicide.
hope the story will keep up to this first episode and that the male guy will be left in the background.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 08:23   Link #103
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to ReAn Send a message via AIM to ReAn Send a message via MSN to ReAn
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaguri View Post
Disappointing. Didn't like its visuals or music, or its approach to violence and nudity in bad taste. Its only saving grace is Rin's character and the related mysteries, such as those wisp-like objects and how she learned to come back alive, but the rest of the episode was mediocre. The male character is dead boring, and I cringe at the thought of seeing him again. Or maybe I won't have to.
Quite a depressing post, I guess this is just another example of extreme diversity in impression.

To each thier own I guess...

Personally I loved the music, I'm probably gonna import it from japan when it's availiable.
ReAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 09:21   Link #104
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReAn View Post
Personally I loved the music, I'm probably gonna import it from japan when it's availiable.
I've been checking CDJapan daily for the soundtrack release, though with each OVA airing a month apart, i wouldn't be that surprised if we see a soundtrack release after the final episode.

Mmm, i just love Takayuki Negishi's 90s style.
Old 2008-02-17, 10:06   Link #105
Falkor

I'm having troubles watching this show... somehow, I managed to watch it without subs when it first came out, but now, there are some unexpected events that are holding me from enjoying the show in a way I’d have wished to do. My family came to visit and I’m very reluctant to start watching this show when my sister can just pass by and ask me, “What is that?” don’t you see, it’s lesbian torture two girls showing their affection for each other… I mean, it’s a recent action thriller with hot chicks, some nudity, and high tension scenes. Actually, I’m only halfway through the episode… hopefully I don’t have to watch it by using some of my sleeping hours.

I think I’m the only one who hasn’t found the show very gory or violent (after watching Shigurui, nothing seems to be the same), more or less to the level of elfen lied—perhaps, it’s too early to judge the show when the first episode only served as an introduction. Rin is the one holding the show from falling apart. She is an interesting character—very sexy by the way—and provides all the nosebleeds enjoyment I’m looking for (add the fact she is voiced by Mamiko Noto). The preview seems to indicate that the next episode is not going to be as gory or violent as this one (more like it’s going to explain some of the character's background), but I may be wrong.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 10:25   Link #106
flamefang

I love Rin *______*
flamefang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 10:43   Link #107
FateAnomaly

I think this is a pretty interesting show. Rin doesn't seems to be too good of a spy type though. If not for her immortality, she would have been dead many times over.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 10:58   Link #108
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to ReAn Send a message via AIM to ReAn Send a message via MSN to ReAn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
I'm having troubles watching this show... somehow, I managed to watch it without subs when it first came out, but now, there are some unexpected events that are holding me from enjoying the show in a way I’d have wished to do. My family came to visit and I’m very reluctant to start watching this show when my sister can just pass by and ask me, “What is that?” don’t you see, it’s lesbian torture two girls showing their affection for each other… I mean, it’s a recent action thriller with hot chicks, some nudity, and high tension scenes. Actually, I’m only halfway through the episode… hopefully I don’t have to watch it by using some of my sleeping hours.
Fortunately my room is built so that people who enter cannot see the screen, I have a full 10s to completely rearrange my screens if need be.

Additionally, my sister is prettymuch desensitised to it all, I doubt i could show her an anime (not hentai) that would irk her too much

So I guess I cannot really sympathise with you, although I did end up watchin Mnemosyne late last night while sacrificing some sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
I think I’m the only one who hasn’t found the show very gory or violent (after watching Shigurui, nothing seems to be the same), more or less to the level of elfen lied—perhaps, it’s too early to judge the show when the first episode only served as an introduction. Rin is the one holding the show from falling apart. She is an interesting character—very sexy by the way—and provides all the nosebleeds enjoyment I’m looking for (add the fact she is voiced by Mamiko Noto). The preview seems to indicate that the next episode is not going to be as gory or violent as this one (more like it’s going to explain some of the character's background), but I may be wrong.
With only 6 episodes, they better start driving the ongoing plot soon... so hopefully the background will help with that.

On a note about core/violence:
Spoiler for Just incase...:
Old 2008-02-17, 11:04   Link #109
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ why do you have to remind me of that horror @___@

1 pic alone was enough to kill my curiosity on that

I'm sure that more hints would be dropped along the way on rin's past but I will expect next ep to be another "case" one. Still there are 5 eps left to play with and that should be plenty of time (not to mention how one ep is also twice the length of any normal one).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 11:11   Link #110
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ why do you have to remind me of that horror @___@

1 pic alone was enough to kill my curiosity on that

I'm sure that more hints would be dropped along the way on rin's past but I will expect next ep to be another "case" one. Still there are 5 eps left to play with and that should be plenty of time (not to mention how one ep is also twice the length of any normal one).
Hey.... I put it in a spoiler tag.... that's why it's there...

======================================

Anyway, on a more positive note, here's a vector I did from a screencap in ep 1:

1920x1200 - Widescreen

1600x1200 - Fullscreen

I appologize for the kinda mediocre quality, the raw for Mnemosyne is kinda bad, and especially with the way the lighting is in that scene, the compression really kills some of the detail, not to mention I kinda suck anyway.

Enjoy.
Old 2008-02-17, 13:15   Link #111
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by killz View Post
Indeed. It's worth reminding that we've essentially seen the first two episodes, and have ten more to go

And 2girls1cup? Never heard of it, but from the reactions that might be a good thing...
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 15:29   Link #112
crinaea
white cotton pantsu

it's sick, disturbing, is nicely drawn in a mid 90s ninja scroll sex-torture fighting sort of anime way. the soundtrack is retro. the blood and violence is well done, and the over-the-top sadism just adds flavor to it.

don't plan on watching while my wife is around, but at the same time it reminds me of how good anime used to be and what would have happened if the sexually disturbing anime of the past decade became more entrenched.

can't wait for ep 2.
crinaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 16:53   Link #113
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
And 2girls1cup? Never heard of it, but from the reactions that might be a good thing...
If you dont already know, be happy... and dont inquire further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crinaea View Post
it's sick, disturbing, is nicely drawn in a mid 90s ninja scroll sex-torture fighting sort of anime way. the soundtrack is retro. the blood and violence is well done, and the over-the-top sadism just adds flavor to it.

don't plan on watching while my wife is around, but at the same time it reminds me of how good anime used to be and what would have happened if the sexually disturbing anime of the past decade became more entrenched.

can't wait for ep 2.
Ep 2 airs in japan on March 3rd, I know what I'll be doing.....
(Harrassing Cyprene to TL it faster!)

Last edited by ReAn; 2008-02-17 at 17:10.
Old 2008-02-17, 16:59   Link #114
Tiberium Wolf

It was kinda interesting. But I was expecting a lot more blood and gore(plus detailed). It simply wasn't enough.
Old 2008-02-17, 17:10   Link #115
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
It was kinda interesting. But I was expecting a lot more blood and gore(plus detailed). It simply wasn't enough.
I think half the problem there is that the show dosent seem to have been animated for HD, nor was it broadcast in HD.

A HD version of this show would be wicked, which is why I'll be sure to pick up the DVD's should Mnemosyne become licenced in an english speaking region of the world.
Old 2008-02-17, 17:11   Link #116
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReAn View Post
[COLOR="SandyBrown"]
(Harrassing Cyprene to TL it faster!)
I can help
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Interesting...now we have opinions for both extremes begging for more or less

(But I do hope that the animation for next ep will be more consistant...).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 17:15   Link #117
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Quote:
I can help
I think we've got it under control ~_^, SHS's holdup was other reasons >_>

Quote:
(But I do hope that the animation for next ep will be more consistant...).
I just hope the raws will be better, then I can make a better not so sucky Vector.
Old 2008-02-17, 17:19   Link #118
crinaea
white cotton pantsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReAn
[SIZE="1"](Harrassing Cyprene to TL it faster!)
yeah, when i saw this morning that that ShS had TL'd it i actually put off my bike ride to watch it:P

i wish that it had been broadcast in HD in japan.

this series is one i'd love to see in 1080p a lot more than some cookie cutter budget harem anime that have been getting that kind of treatment.
crinaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 17:23   Link #119
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
This series got the "lonely God" theory vibe all over it.

i can't wait to know the story behind this series, im such a sucker for spoilers....

D:

At the rate these episodes are being released its going to drive me round the bend.
Old 2008-02-17, 17:27   Link #120
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
This series got the "lonely God" theory vibe all over it.

i can't wait to know the story behind this series, im such a sucker for spoilers....

D:

At the rate these episodes are being released its going to drive me round the bend.
Well it's not quite as bad as Macross Zero was, but 1 month per ep is kinda killer.

I'm actually more sad that it's only 6 eps than the release times.

Tags
at-x, ecchi, mature