Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-05, 02:51   Link #101
Uchiha Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
Me thinky they did a "glitch" in this episode... cause we see after Kenpachi finish releasing his reiatsu... he isn't wearing the patch (11:12)
But at (12:44) he's wearing his patch...

I mean... we didn't see Kenpachi putting on his patch at all, and he was still talking and didn't raise his arm or anything...

Did the patch automatically re-appear onto his head or something?

And isn't the reason he removed the patch was to fight at his fullest? If he's wearing the patch... he isn't fighting at his fullest...
i remember he raised his hand to wear his patch and also we can hear the ringing of the bells that attaching in his hair .. watch this link, it happend in 2:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsmHn...eature=related

the first reason he removed his patch was to show every one especially the new enemies (zanpakutos) Kenpachi San true power, the second reason was to clean the battle field from the crowd so he can get enough area for his fight and considering the large number of people and lack in time, he used his technique and sent everyone flying .. What a trip!

the reasons he put his patch again: first, he made his goal and got his space. second, Byakuya refused to fight with his all power. Third, he wanna enjoy every second of this battle.

I know what's gonna happen next week between Yachiru & Ashisogi Jizou:

Spoiler for Next Battle:

Last edited by Uchiha Soul; 2009-11-05 at 04:12.
Old 2009-11-05, 04:28   Link #102
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
Does anyone else hate the fact that after the "good guys" win a fight to the death, against impossible odds they have "always" given some stupid speech? And then the worse part for me deserving of a palm face, is that they collapse where they're just standing afterwards.
That's pretty much Bleach in nutshell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Soul View Post
I know what's gonna happen next week between Yachiru & Ashisogi Jizou:

Spoiler for Next Battle:
She can't do that! She'd get food poisoning!
Old 2009-11-05, 04:31   Link #103
Uchiha Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
She can't do that! She'd get food poisoning!
Naa .. her drool will protect her
Old 2009-11-05, 08:39   Link #104
Moresca
Doing the time-warp

Uh, I was mildly entertained by this week's episode, for the sole reason that it had some Kenpachi in it and I like his straightforward approach to problem solving. I wished though he would leave Yachiru at home, so she does not have to explain why they are late with a shopworn and ancient running gag in an effort to rationalize her pointless emergence on the scene.

Things that made me twitch:

I could not help noticing that Yumichika used an incantationless Hado #33? And he used it after droning on about winning fights relying solely on willpower too *sigh*. That came as a surprise. Where did he learn this? I cannot remember hearing that he visited the shinigami academy and always thought that Kenpachi had brought him and Ikkaku with him, when he took over squad 11. So what is the deal with that? Yumichika detests using Kidou with a vengeance and has had presumably no Kidou training at all (where should he have gained his knowledge?) and would be presumably not even be willing to undergo training; he also wanted to convince Kujaku that he is not a misfit in squad 11, which prefers to indulge in messy close combat, and that he too can rely on his resolve - pardon me - "willpower" is what I meant to say. And then, wham, here comes the Kidou flying.

Does owning a Kidou based zanpakutou automatically qualify every Tom, Dick and Harry to use incantionless Kidou spells? What a sudden and surprising revelation of proficiency on Yumichikas side, bah. Also in this arc there is an amount of Kidou spamming going on that amazes me to no end.

There were a lot of other plot-necessitated surprises in this episode. It is a known fact that Kenpachi is a reiatsu powerhouse but blowing a load of VCs, Ichigo and Captain class zanpakutou all over Sereitei alone with his reiatsu release? You gotta be kidding me. And poor Byakuya had forgotten everything about his battle tactics obviously, standing around long enough to actually getting hurt by Kenpachi. It was kind of fitting that the kidou master Byakuya abstained from using his skills. Imagine what would have happened to poor plot-depowered Nii-Sama if Kenpachi had decided on unleashing his haxxor kendo skills! Rawr.

The greatest problem I have with the current filler arc though is the artwork. Yes I know fillers are not where the money gets invested and I am not complaining about the actual animation but am I the only one having issues with the character drawings? To me they look not only extremely inconsistent, blurry and poor in facial detail but some characters look downright weird. Take Ichigo for example: his character has changed in the manga too over the years but in this arc his face doesn't even look like it belongs to him. His facial expressions are not recognizable to me, where are his trademark scowl and his comedy faces? His face is too round too. This also pertains to other characters. Kira's face in the last episode was distorted and close to being unrecognizable in some scenes. Heck, even Ruriiro Kujaku lost a lot of muscle mass from the last episode to this one while Byakuya seems to have gained some surplus weight. And these characters are not the only victims. Kenpachi looked... horrible?

So is the studio changing it's drawing style and color palette deliberately or is the artwork just going downhill because the animation work gets outsourced and every animation team follows its own ideas of what something should look like?
Old 2009-11-05, 09:48   Link #105
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
So is the studio changing it's drawing style and color palette deliberately or is the artwork just going downhill because the animation work gets outsourced and every animation team follows its own ideas of what something should look like?
I assume that filler is a good chance to try out something new, art is constantly changing (usually improving) and in order for that change to go by as silently as possible, they use it in fillers and then back in canon, instead of going from canon ep1 to 2, which could have been watched in succession, thus spotting the differences...
Old 2009-11-05, 10:00   Link #106
kitten320

Well if to talk about Kenpachi drawings, Kubo himself hates to draw him and has problems. You can't complain to animators. In comparison to Kubo they need to make hundreds of shots with him while Kubo does only several panels.
Old 2009-11-05, 12:24   Link #107
Crius

How can people bash on KENPACHI this guy is pure awesomeness.... period

I do have to agree that the drawing was pretty bad. But any ep with Kenpachi = WIN
Old 2009-11-05, 22:46   Link #108
Shadowhatchi

.....And Wabisuke was my favorite one in terms of appearance, next time I'm picking the ugliest one as my favorite so they kill him off ASAP instead.
Old 2009-11-07, 15:44   Link #109
mtarzaim

What would be more ass-kicking than Zaraki weeping floors with some bishies' skin ?

Yachiru wooping ass with her innocent behavior, of course!

First, I thought she would go after Suzumebachi.
You know, a bright high-pitched fairy would surely catch her interest.
Plus, it's "easy" to win against her : you just have to catch her right arm, immobilising her only attack.
I totally portrayed Yachiru catching her on the fly, then staring with starly eyes, then attaching her to play dollhouse with.

Well, I will be half-heard. She will still catch a flying thing.
Not as cute as a bitchy Tinkerbell, but still a winged little imp.
And Mayuri will be sooooooo pissed (third time he gets ridiculously pwnd by the psycho duo).

Ok episode overall.
Just wished they used the same anime team from the latest RenjiVSByakuya.

Old 2009-11-07, 17:55   Link #110
gunrik

For me Kenpachi was the last person I expected in that battle but since he had to pass through the candy shop he got a bit late.
Old 2009-11-08, 17:24   Link #111
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

YAA Kenpachi pawnage !! Poor wabisuke , you didn't have much screentimes
Byakuya vs Kenpachi !
Soifon go quicly kick this bee !
Damn boring fight with the flowers lulz .
Old 2009-11-10, 01:11   Link #112
kamyu

it kinda amazes me that people are actually surprised when vice captain level shinigami use kido (low level kido even...).
its from freaking day one shinigami school. even the no name grunts could cast them. sure they used the incantation in school, but you have to expect some improvement after untold years and many promotions (even if they don't like it).

they should take a time out and send ichigo to school. maybe then his fights would be more than just getsuga spam and maybe interesting.
Old 2009-12-13, 18:53   Link #113
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Any episode of Bleach featuring Zaraki is always fun to enjoy.

The 11th Squad Captain cuts straight to the chase. Just why anyone at SS, at least tries to empathize that he only wants to have fun. Zaraki's monstruous reiatsu is just the tip of the iceberg to the full extent of his strength.

Right now, we're hold into a deadlock stage since Zaraki is thrilled to mop the floor with Byakuya, and the latter has proven to put up with the wild Zaraki in elegant prowess.

The rise of the Zanpakuto and the ensuing fights have been put off and deviated towards the attention of this must-see match between two giants of SS.
Closed Thread