AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

View Poll Results: Durarara!! - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 28 35.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 35.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 22.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-04, 11:41   Link #101
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollars_ View Post
Maybe off topic, I don't know where I should post this but... judging from Izaya's ideas about Valkyrie and his feelings towards humankind in general, could it be that he isn't a human to begin with? Or maybe he is a higher-being reincarnated into a human body and right now is in the process of making his way back to where he belongs. Hell, he might even be Loki.
I actually said this awhile back when Izaya made his "I like humans" speech. Immediately I thought Izaya must not be human but then others said (and rightly so) that I might be jumping to conclusions too quickly. I will say there is a possibility that he isn't human but not enough evidence yet.

And I decided to wait and watch episode 12 today so the wait for episode 13 would not be so long.
Old 2010-04-04, 18:04   Link #102
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I wouldn't want to go out with someone who is that violent. If he does that to a best friend, just imaging what would happen to the date if she ends the relationship.
Anri knows Mikado isn't violent, besides as I pointed out earlier Kida did similar action back in ep3 and she just found it amusing and noted how close they were.
Old 2010-04-05, 05:25   Link #103
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I actually said this awhile back when Izaya made his "I like humans" speech. Immediately I thought Izaya must not be human but then others said (and rightly so) that I might be jumping to conclusions too quickly. I will say there is a possibility that he isn't human but not enough evidence yet.

And I decided to wait and watch episode 12 today so the wait for episode 13 would not be so long.
No need to be non-human the term sociopath path comes to mind!
Old 2010-04-05, 05:29   Link #104
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I wouldn't want to go out with someone who is that violent. If he does that to a best friend, just imaging what would happen to the date if she ends the relationship.
Oh come on. We've always had exagerated violent reactions for the sake of comedy. This is no different.
Old 2010-04-06, 14:37   Link #105
kitten320

Seiji is a bastard who couldn't even tell the difference between those two. And Mika is an idiot to stick around with someone like him. His place is mental clinic.

Shinra's love also could be called fake or an obsession. Basically all he cared about was his own happiness.
Well he got a bit better and Celty forgave him I so I guess I can live with that..

Last edited by kitten320; 2010-04-06 at 17:55.
Old 2010-04-06, 15:55   Link #106
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
^This is different. To smack someone's head into the wall and try to kill the person is far more different than what Shizuma is always trying to so to Izaya.
Um, he's not talking about Seji and Mika.

Quote:
Seiji is a bastard who couldn't even tell the difference between those two. And Mika is an idiot to stick around with someone like him. His place is mental clinic.
Mika isn't an idiot, she knows exactly what she's getting into that's why chose to stick with him, she is he's stalker afterall. Seiji while probably little unstable isn't the type to do something without a reason.

Quote:
Shinra's love also could be called fake or an obsession. Basically all he cared about was his own happiness.
Well he got a bit better and Celty forgave him I so I guess I can live with that..
I wouldn't called his love "fake" maybe a little obsessive, but that sterns from knowing Celty since childhood. She's probably the only one he truly cares about and has such a deep bond with. He's never really stopped her from doing what she wants nor, can he. I doubt he would be happy if she weren't either.
Old 2010-04-06, 17:59   Link #107
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Um, he's not talking about Seji and Mika.
My bad, I have removed that part from the post.

Quote:
Mika isn't an idiot, she knows exactly what she's getting into that's why chose to stick with him, she is he's stalker afterall. Seiji while probably little unstable isn't the type to do something without a reason.
Well I guess being a stalker already make you a crazy idiot...

Are you serious? So trying to kill her was reasonable? Just because she saw a head? He wasn't even bothered about a kill one bit!

Say whatever you want but he needs medical help.

Quote:
I wouldn't called his love "fake" maybe a little obsessive, but that sterns from knowing Celty since childhood. She's probably the only one he truly cares about and has such a deep bond with. He's never really stopped her from doing what she wants nor, can he. I doubt he would be happy if she weren't either.
That's true. I guess word "fake" was the wrong choice.
Old 2010-04-06, 19:05   Link #108
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post

Well I guess being a stalker already make you a crazy idiot...
I take it as person who feels so strongly for another that they don't how to handle those feelings. Mika's background may play into why her emotions are the way they are but she means no ill will towards Seiji nor is she "stupid for it. Unstable? yeah, but not an idiot.

Quote:
Are you serious? So trying to kill her was reasonable? Just because she saw a head? He wasn't even bothered about a kill one bit!

Say whatever you want but he needs medical help.
That's why I said he's a bit unstable, but his reaction was due to Mika breaking into his house and seeing something she shouldn't have. He probably didn't trust her enough to keep quite about the head and he only saw her words doing anything to get out of situation. He atleast called his sister about it, and he never would have expected her to do what she did (the surgery) nor, Mika to agree to it. He also did apologize to Mikado about the whole affair and accepted Mika's feelings likely as way to make it up to her. So he's not without some sense of remorse.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2010-04-06 at 19:45.
Old 2010-04-06, 20:52   Link #109
golthin

The perfect ending for this show would be for shinra to die and Celty to find her head.
Old 2010-04-07, 04:06   Link #110
Ziziphus
Whatever

Quote:
That's why I said he's a bit unstable, but his reaction was due to Mika breaking into his house and seeing something she shouldn't have. He probably didn't trust her enough to keep quite about the head and he only saw her words doing anything to get out of situation. He atleast called his sister about it, and he never would have expected her to do what she did (the surgery) nor, Mika to agree to it. He also did apologize to Mikado about the whole affair and accepted Mika's feelings likely as way to make it up to her. So he's not without some sense of remorse.
The fact that he casually sat there eating ramen after just killing someone is pretty sick, imo.

But I more or less agree with you. Seiji only becomes unstable whenever it comes to his "love" it seems.
Old 2010-04-07, 15:49   Link #111
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
The perfect ending for this show would be for shinra to die and Celty to find her head.
Thats so morbid i love it.

Im voting Seji and Mika and the most F@cked couple of year depending on things go it might be ever.
Old 2010-04-07, 16:30   Link #112
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Or even worse, Selty never finds her head, Shinra dies and she takes his head as a souvenir. Then she goes back to Ireland on a nice boat.
Old 2010-04-07, 17:57   Link #113
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Or even worse, Selty never finds her head, Shinra dies and she takes his head as a souvenir. Then she goes back to Ireland on a nice boat.
I see what you did there.
Old 2010-04-08, 09:46   Link #114
Good Apollo
I'm Burning Star IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziziphus View Post
The fact that he casually sat there eating ramen after just killing someone is pretty sick, imo.

But I more or less agree with you. Seiji only becomes unstable whenever it comes to his "love" it seems.
the guys a complete nut job :O the only reason that he's going out with her is because she reminds him of selty i dont see the remorse in any of this.
Old 2010-04-08, 10:38   Link #115
Iron Maw
Banned

I took him saying that to be completely honest with her and whether she accept that or, not is her choice.

Mika isn't going to leave Seiji alone plus she did save him from Celty's wraith after he nearly killed her. Giving her what she wanted is the least what he could do despite not needing to. Quite a strange relationship eh?
Old 2010-04-11, 06:56   Link #116
Chrono Helix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
why did Namie bring Selty's head to Izaya after the Dollars fuss was over?
I'm guessing that was payment for something that Izaya did for her (although at this moment I can't think what that could be).
Old 2010-04-20, 03:24   Link #117
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I am fully convinced that if Celty chose to leave Shinra, there is nothing Shinra could do to hold her back. Furthermore, I also believe that both Shinra and Celty are well aware of this fact. Celty isn't his captive by any means. She stays because she chooses to stay.
And Shinra's solution to this is to tangle her in a web of deceit and doubt?
The fools playing with a supernatural being that could kill him at the drop of a hat, ambition can only take you so far.

Quote:
Unstable is an understatement. The dude tried to kill her without hesitation to the consequences involved. He didn't even bother to clean up the scene of the crime dude.
All three of them are highly unstable and should be in a solitary constitution.

Last edited by Crontica; 2010-04-20 at 03:40.
Old 2010-04-20, 10:11   Link #118
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
And Shinra's solution to this is to tangle her in a web of deceit and doubt?
The fools playing with a supernatural being that could kill him at the drop of a hat, ambition can only take you so far.
Shinra doesn't see her as a Dullahan (or, just one anyway) and that is part of the reason why only he can ever really understand her, inversely Celty is probably the one who's knows him the best and it's not like she told him her doubts were similar to his.

Quote:
Unstable is an understatement. The dude tried to kill her without hesitation to the consequences involved. He didn't even bother to clean up the scene of the crime dude.
All three of them are highly unstable and should be in a solitary constitution.
That doesn't really changed what I said, and it's not like Mika isn't as crazy as he is. My point is as long as no one gets in the way of his or, her obsessions their fairly harmless people. They won't attacked anyone randomly in fact in Seiji's case he probably keeps to himself aside from that one time of helping Mika against the bullies assaulting her.
Old 2010-04-20, 10:45   Link #119
Crontica

Quote:
Shinra doesn't see her as a Dullahan (or, just one anyway) and that is part of the reason why only he can ever really understand her, inversely Celty is probably the one who's knows him the best and it's not like she told him her doubts were similar to his.

That doesn't really changed what I said, and it's not like Mika isn't as crazy as he is. My point is as long as no one gets in the way of his or, her obsessions their fairly harmless people. They won't attacked anyone randomly in fact in Seiji's case he probably keeps to himself aside from that one time of helping Mika against the bullies assaulting her.

If he finds the head one way or another the possible array of people are in danger:

Izaya - will surely end with Seiji dead since he is no fool in the art of street fighting.

Mika - If she finds the head first it will end up in someone else's hands or she will try and dispose of it just as Seiji walks in... Death.

Namie - Eavesdropping.. such a powerful mofo, she will end up with a broken wrist or two if he finds out she is trying to get rid of it.

Since Seiji is a lazy mofo and isn't even doing any investigative work to find the head he is going to have to be spoon fed in the eavesdropping route.