AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-06-11, 04:51   Link #1181
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Well, the Three-generation deal seems to be a selling point. But I think that we'd have to get used to the character design. But yeah. I'm fairly sure that they're not pulling a Madoka, It's sunrise we're talking about, not Gainax or SHAFT. But maybe...just maybe..

But here's good news for some people who got their spirits crushed after AGE's revalation: Expect more quality OAV's at this point.
Old 2011-06-11, 06:08   Link #1182
PzIVf3

That a rare particular beam rifle design and vernier wings on his back.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 08:39   Link #1183
brightman
Ancient Member

Scan of the models...

Spoiler:

Look generic as hell.
Old 2011-06-11, 08:42   Link #1184
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

The alien reminds me a bit of Aerodactyl.

I like the "TITUS" design but the other two are pretty boring.
Old 2011-06-11, 08:50   Link #1185
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Look generic as hell.
It's pretty much what you would expect for Okawara to dish out anyway.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 09:24   Link #1186
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
He did give me the Strike Noir, and its one of my favorite designs of all time... I love it!

But I am feeling you, the designs here appear to be rather subpar at the moment.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 09:35   Link #1187
HasuMasu
*Artist

oh yeah, new gundam series

my body is ready for this, i just hope they will follow in 00's glorious example...

...of making 2 seasons with 25 eps a piece, i marathon all my anime

imagine waiting 50 weeks to watch something

though i doubt they'd do that, i'll hope for it anyway

and as for the mecha design, i love it, i haven't seen enough gundam anyway so i guess i'm immune to the feeling most of you have about generic designs

the premise sounds very promising if you ask me, the alien thing sounds interesting, but the AGE system is the selling point for me

will hope for at least 1 decent looking female character to look at, i don't want another Gundam Wing *shivers*

long optimism i say
Old 2011-06-11, 09:51   Link #1188
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Scan of the models...

Spoiler:

Look generic as hell.
Toy and model. The top 3 are toys with big screw holes, I haven't seen such obvious screw holes from a Bandai toy for many years. They reminds me of DX-MSIA, so may be they are going big with them.

The model will probably sell for 1000 yen.
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 10:21   Link #1189
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
The alien reminds me a bit of Aerodactyl.

hahahha that's what I was thinking. It looks like Aerodactyl bred with the cover Pokemon from the Black version. Except the latter can't actually breed, I presume Nice move, Sunrise
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 10:26   Link #1190
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I don't know, the design doesn't look and feel "Okawara-ish" to me, despite how plain and uninspiring it looks. Maybe its the general proportions of the lineart that's telling me that at the back of my mind. Do want to see who they got to design the thing.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 10:51   Link #1191
GundamFan

I don't like the red, blue or black dragon looking mecha the design has to much of a Super Robot feel to it.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 11:47   Link #1192
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I don't know, the design doesn't look and feel "Okawara-ish" to me, despite how plain and uninspiring it looks. Maybe its the general proportions of the lineart that's telling me that at the back of my mind. Do want to see who they got to design the thing.
It looks pretty Okawara-ish to me. The lines and coloring/shading look a bit different from the typical Okawara lineart (I think some of it has to do with the quality of the scan), but the general style, proportion and perspective are all his IMO.

Quote:
I guess... But in this case, even the gimmicks are bland... He usually does decent gimmicks for the main Gundams, like X's satellite cannon or Freedom's wings.
Old 2011-06-11, 11:55   Link #1193
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Yeah I have to admit, seeing it clearly here the Gundam is really bland. Very average looking without anything interesting visually.

The alien though ... looks pretty stupid tbh. I hope the other mecha will look more appealing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
It looks pretty Okawara-ish to me.
I don't know, doesn't it seem more Ebikawa-ish? The shoulders, beam rifle and shield stuck me as being inspired from 00. Or maybe Ebikawa-inspired?
Old 2011-06-11, 12:04   Link #1194
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I don't know, doesn't it seem more Ebikawa-ish? The shoulders, beam rifle and shield stuck me as being inspired from 00. Or maybe Ebikawa-inspired?
Ebikawa lives and dies on angular and busy, colliding lines... This is way too clean for him.

The color scheme and the relatively slim figure is probably reminding you of Gundam Exia, but if you compare them side-to-side its quite easy to tell the stylistic differences.
Old 2011-06-11, 12:35   Link #1195
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

@brightman

Yeah, your right ... I thought that first that it looked a whole lot like the Exia/Astraea due to the general look and the colour scheme, but taking another look there is a clear difference.

That being said ... I don't know, I mean maybe I just don't associate Okawara with this level of blandness so I'm not entirely convinced. I mean the man can make some good looking mecha.
Old 2011-06-11, 12:38   Link #1196
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I thought the Gundam Age looks good, not spectacular, but good. It's a design that works better without the mouth vent though
Old 2011-06-11, 12:44   Link #1197
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I think it's a passable design, and it's by no means bad at all, but it lacks a certain uniqueness about it.

I didn't really mind the vents, but it would make it look a bit better.

Hopefully the upgrade version will look more impressive.
Old 2011-06-11, 12:44   Link #1198
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I like the Gundam designs, they loook generic but that isn't a problem for me. I prefer simplicity.

As for the aliens, they look neat too. But....what the hell are they supposed to be....dragons? They look like dragons.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 13:24   Link #1199
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
it it looks like the F91's head and the body has a hard edge look (blocky) then its probably Ookawara. If I had any complaint about the Gundam designs its that the base form looks uninspired and the one to its left has way to much blue. I kind of like the "Spiro" one though...reminds me a bit of the Gundam Spiegel.

As a side note guess which fansub group is fanning the troll flames as early as possible on this one. 3 guesses and the first two obviously don't count.

Honestly I don't know why gg feels the need to stoke the fire other then another desperate grab for attention. In this case you can just let nature take it's course and the result will be the same, non-stop bitching on account of an entitlement complex that'll only get worse come Monday.

See...here's my theory on why the bitching, trolling and whining has been at least somewhat muted so far. It's not because people are taking a logical approach and figuring it's a kids show and they don't need to bother anyway if it's not aimed at them. Oh no no no, it's because some people aren't convinced that it's real and are just withholding their worst for when the official announcement comes in confirming it. That's when the hysterics and real drama and trolling will start.

My advice for next week would be to just let them dash themselves on rocks and have a good laugh about all of it as I have been doing. Also don't bother with places other than here and maybe Mechatalk where they'll be working to keep a lid on it. Unless of course your looking for a laugh in which case by all means.......

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-06-11 at 14:02.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 17:58   Link #1200
PzIVf3

If this series gets a low rating %, would they cut it down the 50 episode in half?
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote