AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2014-08-22, 03:25   Link #1181
l.kostas

Sword Art Online II's Opening Shown in Original Animation Sketches

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 12:47   Link #1182
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
SAO tops the popularity polls again - much to the chagrin of certain others.
Old 2014-09-10, 22:53   Link #1183
IceHism

The tears and saltiness are delicious
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 11:46   Link #1184
l.kostas

Reki Kawahara interview (in Japanese):
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/926/926348/
Old 2014-09-18, 12:55   Link #1185
MartianMage

In regards to the current anime arc GGO... I'd just like to ask... if Sterben is a SAO survivor and a Laughing Coffin member then why is he not in jail to begin with again? Is there any explanation for this or is this some massive plot hole?
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 13:11   Link #1186
Farodin

If I remember correctly the authorities declared Kayaba as the main culprit behind the incident.After Kirito "beat" SAO the whole game was erased thus no evidence could be found regarding LC.Besides there was no way the outside could actually see what happened inside the game.All they knew was that all players were locked inside a game and that removing the NerveGear would result in their brains being fried.
Farodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 13:21   Link #1187
MartianMage

Someone in another forum already told me the answer from the novels. I dunno it's just that it feels kind of odd for Kirito not to share that the info that Sterben is from LC to his employer so they could have at least started investigating them... I mean I'd expect at the very least that the government should be keeping a close watch to these LC members even if their deeds in SAO cannot be proven.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2014-09-18, 13:40   Link #1188
Farodin

As I said nobody knew what actually happened inside the game thus there never was any evidence that a murder guild named Laughing Coffin actually existed.All they saw was people dying from the NerveGear shocks.For all they knew it was the first time such a big crime happened in the virtual world and the main culprit had an actual face: Kayaba Akihiko.Thus no one actually bothered investigating further after Kayabas suicide.To them everything wrapped up with his death.
Old 2014-09-18, 13:50   Link #1189
MartianMage

Yes, nobody outside knew but for sure there would be hundreds if not thousands of testimonies against them. In any case someone already answered me in another forum that LC members are being watched by the government which is why I still find it odd that Kirito would not inform his employer that DeathGun is an LC member.
Old 2014-09-18, 14:02   Link #1190
Farodin

Yeah it is a little bit off.The only explanation I can give you is that nobody besides Kikuoka who send him to this job believed in Kirito.Hes a Kid with a horrible trauma after all.Even if they knew that DeathGun was an LC member there would be no evidence to warrant an full blown investigation without a starting point to begin with.They police simply cannot walk into the LC members life without having any hard evidence pointing towards them in particular.But I agree with you that it is a little bit odd for Kirito not spilling the beans,but that's just how he is in dangerous situations I guess.Always playing the damn hero.
Old 2014-09-18, 14:35   Link #1191
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

The only testimonies would have to be based off usernames. Yes, the government knew everyone's usernames, but that's useless if you can't report the usernames.

And in SAO, the only way to see a person's Username is by being in the same party.
Even after the LC members were captured, that didn't mean they knew everyone's name. There were only a few Prominent figures whos names were really known too.
There's also how most people could simply argue "I didn't know people were actually being killed".
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 01:09   Link #1192
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
The only testimonies would have to be based off usernames. Yes, the government knew everyone's usernames, but that's useless if you can't report the usernames.

And in SAO, the only way to see a person's Username is by being in the same party.
Even after the LC members were captured, that didn't mean they knew everyone's name. There were only a few Prominent figures whos names were really known too.
There's also how most people could simply argue "I didn't know people were actually being killed".
In SAO everyone looked exactly how they looked like IRL so arguing that LC members cannot be identified is BS.
Old 2014-09-19, 02:56   Link #1193
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post

Are you sure they don't know which username belongs to which player? How'd Kikuoka Seijirou know which hospital Asuna was in if he doesn't know which real life person had the username Asuna?
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 04:19   Link #1194
l.kostas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
Are you sure they don't know which username belongs to which player? How'd Kikuoka Seijirou know which hospital Asuna was in if he doesn't know which real life person had the username Asuna?
They knew the username, the real name and their level, but not their guild or how many murders they had commited. He didn't use the username Death Gun as a Laughing Coffin member, they have to find out that username to find out who he is irl.

Due to all blame being placed on Akihiko Kayaba, none of their crimes were revealed to the public and none of the surviving members were punished for their crimes.
Akihiko Kayaba is given all the blame for all of the deaths that occurred because of his death game, while the Player Killers, who knew or didn't believe that killing other players would kill them in real life, get off with counseling at worst (well, those that survived the game did- many PKers were PKed in turn). Kayaba, of course, died with the game.
Old 2014-09-19, 08:05   Link #1195
dotdotslash

Also keep in mind that Asuna was using her real name, and also told Kirito her full name at the very end.
dotdotslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 16:26   Link #1196
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
In SAO everyone looked exactly how they looked like IRL so arguing that LC members cannot be identified is BS.
Most of the LC members were hooded and cloaked though. Trying to remove their cloaks will prompt a harassment warning.

And even then, you expect players to remember the faces of 20+ LC members that were captured, for several months, where they have only one encounter with them?
And there's how in a lot of their murders there WEREN'T witnesses left.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 05:32   Link #1197
c933103
FTNR

btw, Note that Laughing Coffin is not a guild registered in system.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 23:26   Link #1198
l.kostas

Tap updated the translation of Reki's commentary.

http://www.taptaptaptaptap.net/kunori-commentary/

From the episode 11 comments:
Kikuoka requested Kirito to look into the rumor of Death Gun not because he was interested in the Death Gun incident, but in Kirito himself
(in other words, resorting to any means for his goal), but why would he, claming to be an official from the ministry, do that…
If you want to know the answer to that, you might find it around the 9th volume of the books!
Hence, Kikuoka thought the Death Gun incident was 90% a mere coincidence. It seemed like Kirito would be interested, that's all to it.

Last edited by l.kostas; 2014-09-26 at 00:32.
Old 2014-09-27, 21:28   Link #1199
nooneagain

guys will they include Mother's Rosario Arc in the new season?
nooneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 21:36   Link #1200
NTFTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneagain View Post
guys will they include Mother's Rosario Arc in the new season?
Probably. It'd be a waste to start Alicization now even if they could fit the first volume into the remaining episodes, and I don't think Calibur is long enough to fill out the remaining episode count.
NTFTH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, romance, shounen