AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-12-11, 12:04   Link #1201
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Getting 2 newcomers paired off with a Puella Magi means that getting out of the tournament now. Might be just what somebody wants.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2014-12-11, 14:41   Link #1202
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Images
Let's finish this
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-12-12, 08:13   Link #1203
Team Rocket Elite

Time to get through my backlog...

FL5: Miyanaga Saki vs Kirisaki Chitoge vs Kaname Madoka vs Nakagawa Kanon

Puella Magi are not so invincible? Madoka actually ends up taking second place to Saki's first. Top 2 advance so this doesn't really mean much but it's still surprising to see any weakness from a Puella Magi. Chitoge and Kanon were completely out of the match from the word go. Nothing surprising there, though. Saki and Madoka were way out of their league.

FL6: Misaka Mikoto vs Atarashi Ako vs Sakura Kyouko vs Amae Koromo

Misaka looked like a complete disaster here. If you asked me how many voters I thought would vote Misaka over absolutely anyone, I would have given a number higher than just 26. Even though I predicted the correct rank for everyone, I really didn't think it would go down like this. Ako gives Kyouko a bit of a scare but once again since top two advances this doesn't mean much. Koromo gets bussed. ;_;

FL7: Kujou Karen vs Tomoe Mami vs Atago Hiroe vs Miyanaga Teru

Karen outranking Mami shows that Kiniro Mosaic is the real deal. Alice advancing may not have been a fluke. Hiroe was properly bussed but there still wasn't enough support for Teru to get past Mami. This is another performance where a Puella Magi only looks as good as the rest of the field instead of a tier better. I guess these are multi-way matches but it's still better to good performances here than not.

FL8: Miki Sayaka vs Tsujigaito Satoha vs Akemi Homura vs Yuigahama Yui

This match really couldn't have gone any other way than it did. Top two advances and two of the characters are way stronger than the other two. Satoha and Yui just don't have what it takes to take on the Puella Magi. Homura takes a solid first. Sayaka actually lags behind by a fair bit but still is in no danger of losing.

Now back to looking ahead.

FT1: Matsumi Kuro vs Jindai Komaki
FT3: Sakura Kyouko vs Alice Cartelet
FT5: Onjouji Toki vs Tomoe Mami
FT7: Akemi Homura vs Shimizudani Ryuuka

Kuro and Jindai come from the same Playoff group where Kuro won by only a little bit. Neither one has really been challenged very much so far outside of when they faced each other. I have more faith in Kuro's longer match history so I'll go with Kuro winning again. Alice draws a tough opponent to start the final bracket. I guess there really aren't any easy matches left, though. This is a chance to keep in Kiniro Mosaic momentum going and strike down a Puella Magi 1v1. However, I don't think Alice will be able to capitalize on this chance. She'll have a strong performance by Kyouko will be too tough to actually beat. Toki vs Mami. This is a match between the Saimoe 2011 and Saimoe 2012 champions. It was also a hyped match back in 2013 before stuff happened and ruined it. Toki is the last surviving member of the 8 that advanced from Repechage. Toki lost pretty badly to Madoka back in Round 2. That was quite a while back but I still think it showed that Toki can't compete with the Puella Magi in the end. Unlike thsie match last year, I hope this time Toki can make it a good match but I don't have her winning. Ryuuka is likely the weakest character in the top 16. Homura can make an argument for being the strongest. Even if she isn't, I doubt she's far from number one. I'm really happy Ryuuka made it this far but this should be the end.

Votes:
Matsumi Kuro
Sakura Kyouko
Onjouji Toki
Shimizudani Ryuuka

Predictions:
Matsumi Kuro
Sakura Kyouko
Tomoe Mami
Akemi Homura
Old 2014-12-13, 09:11   Link #1204
Hachiko
The Akita

Spoiler:

Provisional.
Old 2014-12-13, 11:37   Link #1205
RJ TAYLER

Will this result be more bent than a Beckham strike on goal? Time and RUN will tell.
Old 2014-12-13, 12:51   Link #1206
Team Rocket Elite

FT2: Haramura Nodoka vs Atarashi Ako
FT4: Kujou Karen vs Miki Sayaka
FT6: Takakamo Shizuno vs Kaname Madoka
FT8: Miyanaga Saki vs Suehara Kyouko

First match is Nodoka vs Ako. This is actually a rematch of the Saimoe 2012 G Block finals. In that match Nodoka barely managed to beat Ako. Relative to then, Nodoka should be stronger while Ako is weaker. Nodoka has also already shown where she stands in the Saki fanbase when she took out Matsumi Yuu. While I think Ako has a chance, I have to favor Nodoka winning. Karen is likely the strongest non-Saki non-Madoka character. Now she's tasked with taking down a Puella Magi. Sayaka is likely the weakest of the Puella Magi which means this might be a dangerous match. I'll have to side with the Puella Magi winning here even if the previous day's results might mean they aren't actually invincible. Madoka already solidly beat Toki back in Round 2. As strong as Shizuno is, I'm not sure she's stronger than Toki and I doubt it's enough to close the gap. Madoka should win. Saki shouldn't have much problem dealing with Suehara Kyouko.

Votes:
Atarashi Ako
Miki Sayaka
Kaname Madoka
Miyanaga Saki

Predictions:
Haramura Nodoka
Miki Sayaka
Kaname Madoka
Miyanaga Saki
Old 2014-12-13, 21:52   Link #1207
Hachiko
The Akita

Early returns from the other races...

Spoiler:

I don't know, TRE. But it's possible that Shizuno might be padding her numbers here.
Old 2014-12-14, 03:56   Link #1208
RJ TAYLER

Are the results posted earlier the final ones? If so then there looks to have been an upset. Also could someone please give us a translated "classified football result'" every round like the previous as my Japanese is woeful to be honest.
Old 2014-12-14, 08:53   Link #1209
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ TAYLER View Post
Are the results posted earlier the final ones? If so then there looks to have been an upset. Also could someone please give us a translated "classified football result'" every round like the previous as my Japanese is woeful to be honest.
First ones are interim results. The final results have not been posted. The second ones are early returns.

Here's some returns from the most recent thread:

Spoiler:

I am concerned that there may have been some multivoting for Ryuuka and Shizuno and RUN may need to find out before posting the final tallies.

EDIT: Match Day 1 Results, Fifth Round...

Spoiler:

Match Day 2 Results, Fifth Round...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Hachiko; 2014-12-15 at 21:06.
Old 2014-12-16, 08:22   Link #1210
Team Rocket Elite

It seems like the Puella Magi aren't invincible afterall. It took dozens of matches before it happened, but the a Puella Magi finally lost straight up. This happened not once but twice! Shizuno and Toki have done what was thought to be nearly impossible and took down Madoka and Mami in 1v1 matches. No cheating or split vote factors involved to handicap the Puella Magi. Big congratuations to those two for pulling it off. Kuro ends up with a solid win on Jindai which is about what I expected. Nodoka's win against Ako is a big step forward for her towards finally taking home a championship. I don't see any other Saki character challenging her and Saki may simply be a stronger series than Madoka this year. A lot can happen but my opinion is Nodoka is a sizable favourite to win now. It seems like Kinmosa couldn't keep up when things went back to 1v1. Kyouko and Sayaka end up crushing Alice and Karen. While the Puella Magi may not be invincible, not just anyone can beat them. While two Puella Magi went down, it was very nearly three. In a very surprising performance, Ryuuka was just a few votes away from taking down Homura. Saki easily dispatchs Suehara Kyouko. Homura will be in big trouble against the much stronger Saki next round.

Qf1: Matsumi Kuro vs Haramura Nodoka
Qf3: Onjouji Toki vs Takakamo Shizuno

Kuro is strong and may have even won this match two years ago. However, she her role in the most recent Saki anime is far smaller than Nodoka's. Nodoka's 60% on Ako is also much better than Kuro's 61% on Jindai. I think Kuro will do better than Ako but the gap is too big to close. The is her fourth try at it and Nodoka will finally advance to the semifinals. Toki vs Shizuno. I think they have less than 2 minutes of screentime combined in the Saki Nationals anime. Both of them had to take down a Puella Magi to get here and now they need to face each other. Shizuno beat Madoka while Toki lost but I'm not sure if the Puella Magi now are as strong a the Puella Magi before. Toki also had trouble with Teru back in Round 1. Shizuno has look good but not amazing in her previous matches leading up to her defeating Madoka. She's probably had better performances than Toki but I still feel like Toki is higher up in the Saki food chain. I'll side with Toki winning here.

Votes:
Matsumi Kuro
Onjouji Toki

Predictions:
Haramura Nodoka
Onjouji Toki
Old 2014-12-16, 08:37   Link #1211
Archaeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
It seems like the Puella Magi aren't invincible afterall. It took dozens of matches before it happened, but the a Puella Magi finally lost straight up. This happened not once but twice! Shizuno and Toki have done what was thought to be nearly impossible and took down Madoka and Mami in 1v1 matches. No cheating or split vote factors involved to handicap the Puella Magi. Big congratuations to those two for pulling it off. Kuro ends up with a solid win on Jindai which is about what I expected. Nodoka's win against Ako is a big step forward for her towards finally taking home a championship. I don't see any other Saki character challenging her and Saki may simply be a stronger series than Madoka this year. A lot can happen but my opinion is Nodoka is a sizable favourite to win now. It seems like Kinmosa couldn't keep up when things went back to 1v1. Kyouko and Sayaka end up crushing Alice and Karen. While the Puella Magi may not be invincible, not just anyone can beat them. While two Puella Magi went down, it was very nearly three. In a very surprising performance, Ryuuka was just a few votes away from taking down Homura. Saki easily dispatchs Suehara Kyouko. Homura will be in big trouble against the much stronger Saki next round.

Qf1: Matsumi Kuro vs Haramura Nodoka
Qf3: Onjouji Toki vs Takakamo Shizuno

Kuro is strong and may have even won this match two years ago. However, she her role in the most recent Saki anime is far smaller than Nodoka's. Nodoka's 60% on Ako is also much better than Kuro's 61% on Jindai. I think Kuro will do better than Ako but the gap is too big to close. The is her fourth try at it and Nodoka will finally advance to the semifinals. Toki vs Shizuno. I think they have less than 2 minutes of screentime combined in the Saki Nationals anime. Both of them had to take down a Puella Magi to get here and now they need to face each other. Shizuno beat Madoka while Toki lost but I'm not sure if the Puella Magi now are as strong a the Puella Magi before. Toki also had trouble with Teru back in Round 1. Shizuno has look good but not amazing in her previous matches leading up to her defeating Madoka. She's probably had better performances than Toki but I still feel like Toki is higher up in the Saki food chain. I'll side with Toki winning here.

Votes:
Matsumi Kuro
Onjouji Toki

Predictions:
Haramura Nodoka
Onjouji Toki
Is the result truly official yet?
Old 2014-12-16, 09:31   Link #1212
RJ TAYLER

No truth to the rumour that the Saki faction are just the Liberal Democratic Party (given what happened to the Diet last weekend) trying to win another election before the year's out?
Old 2014-12-16, 09:43   Link #1213
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Is the result truly official yet?
Yes.

FT1
1st 166 Matsumi Kuro @ Saki

2nd 105 Jindai Komaki @ Saki

FT3
1st 170 Sakura Kyouko @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica

2nd 82 Alice Cartelet @ Kin'iro Mosaic

FT5
1st 210 Onjouji Toki @ Saki

2nd 175 Tomoe Mami @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica

FT7
1st 197 Akemi Homura @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica

2nd 195 Shimizudani Ryuuka @ Saki

FT2
1st 165 Haramura Nodoka @ Saki

2nd 111 Atarashi Ako @ Saki

FT4
1st 182 Miki Sayaka @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica

2nd 69 Kujou Karen @ Kin'iro Mosaic

FT6
1st 206 Takakamo Shizuno @ Saki

2nd 166 Kaname Madoka @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica

FT8
1st 197 Miyanaga Saki @ Saki

2nd 67 Suehara Kyouko @ Saki
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn

Old 2014-12-16, 10:28   Link #1214
Archaeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
Yes.

FT1
1st 166 Matsumi Kuro @ Saki

2nd 105 Jindai Komaki @ Saki

FT3
1st 170 Sakura Kyouko @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica

2nd 82 Alice Cartelet @ Kin'iro Mosaic

FT5
1st 210 Onjouji Toki @ Saki

2nd 175 Tomoe Mami @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica

FT7
1st 197 Akemi Homura @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica

2nd 195 Shimizudani Ryuuka @ Saki

FT2
1st 165 Haramura Nodoka @ Saki

2nd 111 Atarashi Ako @ Saki

FT4
1st 182 Miki Sayaka @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica

2nd 69 Kujou Karen @ Kin'iro Mosaic

FT6
1st 206 Takakamo Shizuno @ Saki

2nd 166 Kaname Madoka @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica

FT8
1st 197 Miyanaga Saki @ Saki

2nd 67 Suehara Kyouko @ Saki
Thanks. Hopefully someone keep updating the result in future for the non Japanese speakers.
Old 2014-12-16, 14:31   Link #1215
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Images
Surprised I still care...
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-12-16, 19:25   Link #1216
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
Surprised I still care...
Don't worry, there are people who will always post a full serious analysis of every match no matter how rigged/delayed/ridiculous it is.
Old 2014-12-17, 02:36   Link #1217
RJ TAYLER

Qf 4 is the 'swing' vote this yea, but it will only guarantee a Saki 3-1 or a even Stevens Saki vs PMMM final.
Old 2014-12-17, 03:30   Link #1218
Archaeon

I doubt anyone from Saki will still win. Mami and Madoka got knock out because they both already won the Saimoe before so PMMM faction would want someone from Madoka who haven't won yet to win this year Saimoe so the fact that Mami and Madoka got knock out won't make any difference to the PMMM faction.
Old 2014-12-17, 06:47   Link #1219
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
Thanks. Hopefully someone keep updating the result in future for the non Japanese speakers.
Don't know if I could do this more regularly again since I don't have any enthusiasm left. Maybe I can do it only when the official results out.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn

Old 2014-12-17, 07:36   Link #1220
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Don't worry, there are people who will always post a full serious analysis of every match no matter how rigged/delayed/ridiculous it is.
Yet in spite of this, this tournament still always manages results I like better than the more legitimate moe contest .

Spoiler for Because....:

Though Shizuno beat Madoka, alone made this amusing enough that I am glad it wasn't cancelled after the delays .
MAL
Closed Thread

Tags
saimoe, saimoe 2014