Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-03-17, 08:35   Link #1201
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimA390 View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Seriously, this LN is becoming more and more seinen.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 08:48   Link #1202
AnimA390

Spoiler for spoiler:
AnimA390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 09:19   Link #1203
blankerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimA390 View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for :
blankerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 10:04   Link #1204
Guest2

I loved the part where Miu nearly breaks him with 'do you hate Miu?'

Does the author mention a side story in his afterword?
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 14:45   Link #1205
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
I loved the part where Miu nearly breaks him with 'do you hate Miu?'

Does the author mention a side story in his afterword?
I think he's explaining how Wednesday's is going to finish up this small arc. After that, it's back to our beloved heroes (well, beloved may be an exaggeration...)

And I think the little girl is meant to be part of Hajime's group, judging from one sentence in the afterword: 幼女です. It's a little girl! Considering that's all the author said about the subject, it kind of points to her becoming somewhat important, especially seeing as he goes straight to explaining how Hajime has thrown away everything except for his group.

Granted, she could become someone akin to a little sister to Hajime, though the concept of training a little girl to become a man's ideal woman is fairly common in Japanese literature, thanks to the original Japanese harem, Genji Monogatari.

And, of course, she could be like Kunou from Highschool DXD, and be a future local wife for Hajime. A distant future.

Though if she simply sees him as a big brother, I'm perfectly fine with that, and would prefer it that way.

Last edited by teejmo; 2014-03-17 at 15:22.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 15:10   Link #1206
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
I think he's explaining how Wednesday's is going to finish up this small arc. After that, it's back to our beloved heroes (well, beloved may be an exaggeration...)

And I think the little girl is meant to be part of Hajime's group, judging from one sentence in the afterword: 幼女です. It's a little girl! Considering that's all the subject said about the subject, it kind of points to her becoming somewhat important, especially seeing as he goes straight to explaining how Hajime has thrown away everything except for his group.

Granted, she could become someone akin to a little sister to Hajime, though the concept of training a little girl to become a man's ideal woman is fairly common in Japanese literature, thanks to the original Japanese harem, Genji Monogatari.

And, of course, she could be like Kunou from Highschool DXD, and be a future local wife for Hajime. A distant future.

Though if she simply sees him as a big brother, I'm perfectly fine with that, and would prefer it that way.
If she started seeing him as an older brother, that would be adorable. I can hear it already: "Hajime Onii-chan, aishiteru wa(I love you)~" and he'd probably end up softening up some to set a good example. (i.e leaving less corpses, or at least not killing in front of her and doing good deeds more often)
Old 2014-03-17, 16:03   Link #1207
omegasereon

Quote:

And I think the little girl is meant to be part of Hajime's group, judging from one sentence in the afterword: 幼女です. It's a little girl! Considering that's all the author said about the subject, it kind of points to her becoming somewhat important, especially seeing as he goes straight to explaining how Hajime has thrown away everything except for his group.

Thats good since we finally get to have a side story chapter.
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 16:23   Link #1208
bludvein

Quote:

She is certainly an interesting little sister-type character, but Hajime's original objections to taking her with them are still perfectly valid. What are they gonna do, bring her with them into the dungeons? She doesn't seem to have any atypical powers, and even if she did she is a child. Not to mention she was kidnapped and presumably has her own family back home.

The Genji thing isn't that common even in Japanese literature.

Anyway, Hajime and Yue are gonna do the smash of the main base next chapter. If they trot Miu out as a hostage, Hajime will likely take whoever is holding her's arm off before massacring them(well, the massacre is going to happen anyway). Then they will likely choose to take a detour to return her to her family. Then I'm guessing the following chapter will focus on Aiko's return and Kaori resolving to go find him, which I hope only takes 1-2 chapters. I want to get to the next dungeon already.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 17:32   Link #1209
Kioras

He is seriously following the Good is not Dumb, and Good is not Nice standards.

Less Batman, more Punisher style, although they should let some more of them live, as an example to others.

Does have a few advantages, would be slavers would learn to run the hell away from him if they hear he is around.

This may end up having him steadily realize that if he cannot go back, he can make a home for himself here also.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 18:36   Link #1210
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
She is certainly an interesting little sister-type character, but Hajime's original objections to taking her with them are still perfectly valid. What are they gonna do, bring her with them into the dungeons? She doesn't seem to have any atypical powers, and even if she did she is a child. Not to mention she was kidnapped and presumably has her own family back home.

The Genji thing isn't that common even in Japanese literature.

Anyway, Hajime and Yue are gonna do the smash of the main base next chapter. If they trot Miu out as a hostage, Hajime will likely take whoever is holding her's arm off before massacring them(well, the massacre is going to happen anyway). Then they will likely choose to take a detour to return her to her family. Then I'm guessing the following chapter will focus on Aiko's return and Kaori resolving to go find him, which I hope only takes 1-2 chapters. I want to get to the next dungeon already.
True. Her being in the group would inhibit them quite a bit. Even if she developed an OP ability (somewhat how Yue gained her regenerative abilities at the age of 12), her lack of experience would be a hindrance. But that sentence in the afterword... there's more to the girl then meets the eye.
If there's something, there's always the chance that the kidnappers know about her, and the author hasn't let on on what she can do. If she does have a special ability, the kidnappers may have killed her family. Thus, she has no one left.

Of course that is pure speculation. I do agree that she is too you to join the group. I guess I'm playing devil's advocate.
Old 2014-03-17, 18:47   Link #1211
omegasereon

Well she has to somehow join the group cause she is already fond with Hajime onichan and Shia oneechan.
Old 2014-03-17, 18:54   Link #1212
bakapervert
A pervert

If the kid does join and Hajime and co need to explore dangerous area, I'm thinking if he can use his bag of holding to evacuate his weaker party member? Just store the person into the ring and let them back out when its safe. Now that I think about it, maybe he can use his ring to store an army, smuggle them behind enemy line, and then wreck havoc. I wonder if that ring can be used to safely store living thing?

Ps: btw, she is a mermaid right? Won't someone will always need to carry her around in land? Doesn't seem practical. Though I bet having a mermaid in the party will be useful in the future. One of the dungeon will be underwater I bet.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 18:57   Link #1213
Awrya
U mad?

^
I remember reading that the ring can only hold non-living things, but not certain.
Old 2014-03-17, 19:24   Link #1214
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
If the kid does join and Hajime and co need to explore dangerous area, I'm thinking if he can use his bag of holding to evacuate his weaker party member? Just store the person into the ring and let them back out when its safe. Now that I think about it, maybe he can use his ring to store an army, smuggle them behind enemy line, and then wreck havoc. I wonder if that ring can be used to safely store living thing?

Ps: btw, she is a mermaid right? Won't someone will always need to carry her around in land? Doesn't seem practical. Though I bet having a mermaid in the party will be useful in the future. One of the dungeon will be underwater I bet.
Mermaids are sometimes associated with sirens. I've read a few stories where sailors would fall into the water upon seeing beautiful mermaids, promptly drowning, similar to how sirens would woo sailors close, only to kill them. Sirens had legs, though they were that of a bird.

Then there's Hans Christian Anderson's "The Little Mermaid", where a mermaid gains legs, though at the cost of excruciating pain.

So, it's not like the little girl can't have legs. The author could easily have merfolk with the ability to change their fish tails into legs if they wish to walk on land.
Old 2014-03-17, 19:32   Link #1215
bludvein

She already has legs. I dunno if that's normal for them, but considering nobody was shocked by it I would guess so. She just has slightly webbed fingers(and presumably feet), fan shaped ears, and green hair(which are common traits for them in various fiction).

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-03-17 at 19:54.
Old 2014-03-17, 20:07   Link #1216
GenesiD

I'm sure this has been answered before but I'm bad at finding links and info Where can I read the translated version of this light novel? Assuming its translated.
GenesiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 20:13   Link #1217
blankerer

it's right there in the very first post of the thread.

you really are terrible at it lol
blankerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 20:18   Link #1218
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesiD View Post
I'm sure this has been answered before but I'm bad at finding links and info Where can I read the translated version of this light novel? Assuming its translated.
It hasn't really been officially translated, as its not a light novel, but a web novel(aka not published). You can find some assorted summaries and translations earlier in the thread. Dreg did a sort of cleaned up machine translation of the first volume(which you can find here), dunno if he will continue or not.
Old 2014-03-17, 22:13   Link #1219
omegasereon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesiD View Post
And the rest of us make use of GT or TA to read this awesome novel.
Old 2014-03-17, 22:16   Link #1220
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
It hasn't really been officially translated, as its not a light novel, but a web novel(aka not published). You can find some assorted summaries and translations earlier in the thread. Dreg did a sort of cleaned up machine translation of the first volume(which you can find here), dunno if he will continue or not.
he has RL too, so let's wait for his return
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel