AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2023-05-07, 14:40   Link #1201
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I actually think she doesn't have a clue. Up until this point, Miorine's reaction to every crisis she encountered was to come up with something on the spot, to wing it, basically. There wasn't a single time when Miorine was ahead of a problem. And it's exactly that lack of foresight that Prospera is exploiting.
Mostly true.

She knew exactly how to defeat Shaddiq, and it worked exactly as they planned.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-07, 14:47   Link #1202
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What a dirty victory Guel's won. Everything about that duel was dirty as sin.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-07, 14:51   Link #1203
azarhal

I just had an horrible thought.

Prospera was left alone with the Earth kids while Suletta and Miorine went to the greenhouse. What if she told them to take good care of Suletta because she didn't think Miorine was into her the way Suletta was and would break things off once she didn't need her as the Holder anymore?
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-07, 15:47   Link #1204
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Technically, only Aerial was gambled (unlike in the fight against Grassley in season 1), but maybe they swing the whole enterprise to Jertuk since without Aerial (and Nika and Bel) they won't be making anything soon...
I assumed Gund-Arm came with regaining Miorine as his fiance.
Quote:
I actually think she doesn't have a clue. Up until this point, Miorine's reaction to every crisis she encountered was to come up with something on the spot, to wing it, basically. There wasn't a single time when Miorine was ahead of a problem. And it's exactly that lack of foresight that Prospera is exploiting.
I don't think she has no clue, she just has the wrong clues or expectations. Though to her credit she's usually put on the spot and basically forced to come up with something on the fly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He at least beat Elan No. 5. Kind of. Does that count ?
Quote:
I just had an horrible thought.

Prospera was left alone with the Earth kids while Suletta and Miorine went to the greenhouse. What if she told them to take good care of Suletta because she didn't think Miorine was into her the way Suletta was and would break things off once she didn't need her as the Holder anymore?
Just the idea of Prospera talking to the Earth kids is hilarious to me .
Old 2023-05-07, 15:58   Link #1205
Key Board
Carbon

I realize characters running their mouth for plot contrivances and drama is okouchi’s thing since code geass, but I had hoped the director would reel him back

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-07, 16:21   Link #1206
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Miorine is just a huge idiot. She has no clue what she's doing. Now it would be all too easy for someone like Shaddiq to take advantage of Suletta's mental state to manipulate her and make her do all the things Miorine thinks she's protecting Suletta from.
If her mental state is so easily taken advantage of, you must acknowledge that she has no agency. Following this logic, she shouldn't be piloting the absurdly powerful mobile suit.

Quote:
It doesn't use Suletta. Why do you think Prospera agreed to let Suletta out of the hook in exchange for having Miorine help with Quiet Zero? Suletta is not needed. Only Aerial is needed.
Because she knows Suletta will get back in the cockpit when it's needed, why else?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-07, 16:26   Link #1207
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I don't think she has no clue, she just has the wrong clues or expectations.
There's having wrong expectations and then there's being so wrong that it's like you can't understand basic human behavior. Miorine's the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Because she knows Suletta will get back in the cockpit when it's needed, why else?
Not on Aerial's cockpit. At this point Aerial probably can control itself without Suletta.
Old 2023-05-07, 16:26   Link #1208
azarhal

Quote:
I assumed Gund-Arm came with regaining Miorine as his fiance.
That's not how business work, but Miorine could have sold the company proper to Jertuk while making her backroom deal with Guel. But that's going to cause problem with the SAL lady who is coming to investigate.

Thinking about it, this episode is basically a XOR of the incubation party in season 1. Which means next episode will tear more things down instead of building something up.
Old 2023-05-07, 16:28   Link #1209
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
As azarhal said, Prospera never truly manipulated Suletta. She manipulated everyone around her. And now she's doing the same with Miorine. She made Miorine think she was gonna use Suletta to kill people, even though the only time Suletta killed people is when she saved Miorine. Prospera never manipulated Suletta to kill indiscriminately. But she made Miorine think she would, and that's why Miorine accepted this fake bargain.
Yes, because she totally didn't make Suletta go from being afraid to kill to not even thinking about making people go kersplat, in a single conversation. And totally didn't create a girl who would literally do everything she said without question.

Quote:
Not on Aerial's cockpit.
Of course in Aerial's cockpit. Are you really taking Prospera at her word?
Old 2023-05-07, 16:32   Link #1210
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Yes, because she totally didn't make Suletta go from being afraid to kill to not even thinking about making people go kersplat, in a single conversation. And totally didn't create a girl who would literally do everything she said without question.
Did she literally tell Suletta to kill? No, she just told her to be ready to kill because there were terrorists out there who wouldn't hesitate to kill her.

Quote:
Of course in Aerial's cockpit. Are you really taking Prospera at her word?
It's not just her word. At this point Aerial is looking like it can control itself without Suletta. Seems pretty clear the higher the permet score Aerial reaches, the more autonomy she gains.
Old 2023-05-07, 16:34   Link #1211
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Did she literally tell Suletta to kill? No, she just told her to be ready to kill because there were terrorists out there who wouldn't hesitate to kill her.
It's not what she told her to do, it's what she made her do, and most importantly how she ended up doing it. One doesn't go from being afraid to kill, to complete psychopath, in just one conversation, unless some really mad conditioning has been happening over a long period oftime.

Quote:
It's not just her word. At this point Aerial is looking like it can control itself without Suletta.
If the suit can control itself without Suletta then why did she even bother with Suletta in the first place? Aerial has been shown more than capable of piloting itself since like episode 1.
Old 2023-05-07, 16:43   Link #1212
Kazu-kun

Quote:
It's not what she told her to do, it's what she made her do, and most importantly how she ended up doing it. One doesn't go from being afraid to kill, to complete psychopath, in just one conversation, unless some really mad conditioning has been happening over a long period oftime.
It's not that strange when you take into account what kind of life Suletta had in Mercury. Contrary to popular belief, she wasn't brainwashed, but Prospera was almost the only person she interacted with. It's completely understandable why Suletta's outlook on life and moral values are deeply influenced by Prospera.

Quote:
If the suit can control itself without Suletta then why did she even bother with Suletta in the first place? Aerial has been shown more than capable of piloting itself since like episode 1.
Did you no read my post? Aerial seems to gain more autonomy the higher the permet score she reaches. That's why Suletta was needed at first, when Aerial's score was still low. Now that her permet score has apparently reached 7, Suletta is not needed anymore.
Old 2023-05-07, 16:51   Link #1213
Wandering Soul

After all this time Guel finally gets a win, but it's not much of a happy end. Miorine's plan could easily backfire and make Sueletta more dependent than anything else. The whole county bumkin line was also pretty cold.
Old 2023-05-07, 17:03   Link #1214
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's already dirty since episode 1 coz Gundam was not supposed to duel in Asticassia in the first place as per the Cathedra rules. Also, they allowed tricks, backdoor dealings and any other forms of cheating in a duel (see episode 3). Plus, "result is the only truth" is always part of their duel oath
Old 2023-05-07, 17:37   Link #1215
Frontier

Quote:
There's having wrong expectations and then there's being so wrong that it's like you can't understand basic human behavior. Miorine's the latter.
I wouldn't go that far. I think it's just more a case of good intentions, heigtened emotions/situation, and bad execution.
Old 2023-05-07, 17:49   Link #1216
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
After all this time Guel finally gets a win, but it's not much of a happy end.Miorine's plan could easily backfire and make Sueletta more dependent than anything else. The whole county bumkin line was also pretty cold.
Guel already hinted at it in this episode.

Miorine: I want that girl to be happy. She need a world where she can be free of Gundam or anything else.
Guel: There is no world like that.

Also, Miorine use "that girl" there to distance herself from Suletta and the dialogue without Guel's response is similar to what Prospera her stated goal(s) to Bel...

Also, I wonder how Miorine is thinking she can make Suletta happy when she fails at understanding Suletta all the time.
Old 2023-05-07, 18:03   Link #1217
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I wouldn't go that far. I think it's just more a case of good intentions, heigtened emotions/situation, and bad execution.
I would go further. Miorine is a complete idiot who has no idea how Suletta works. Her plan to make Suletta happy is to:

- have Prospera break contact with Suletta. Reasonable given how toxic she is, that seems reasonable
- take Aerial, her only other family away from her. That's kinda pushing it
- betray, humiliate, and then leave her completely alone, because obviously, Miorine has no plans to interact with Suletta any further

Meanwhile, I bet she's thinking to herself that she's sacrificing her own happiness for Suletta's sake, when all she did was make the both of them miserable and Prospera very happy.

That actually reminds me of another yuri show just from last season. Except the other girl there was far stronger mentally than Suletta and literally beat her into submission for acting like an idiot.
Old 2023-05-07, 18:45   Link #1218
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
- have Prospera break contact with Suletta. Reasonable given how toxic she is, that seems reasonable
Prospera accepted to not use Suletta in her revenge scheme further, she never said she would ghost her daughter if she calls...
Old 2023-05-07, 19:36   Link #1219
Twi

Unless it's to her benefit. Let's be honest here, good parents are a rarity in this Gundam series due to either ambition or death or both.
Old 2023-05-07, 19:57   Link #1220
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
It's not that strange when you take into account what kind of life Suletta had in Mercury. Contrary to popular belief, she wasn't brainwashed, but Prospera was almost the only person she interacted with. It's completely understandable why Suletta's outlook on life and moral values are deeply influenced by Prospera.
Keeping your child in an environment where you're the only person she has contact with and taking advantage of the abnormal mental state this causes in said child is brainwashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I would go further. Miorine is a complete idiot who has no idea how Suletta works. Her plan to make Suletta happy is to:
- take Aerial, her only other family away from her. That's kinda pushing it
As long as Suletta has Aerial, that's still a reason for her to interact with Prospera. Miorine wants to cut that cord entirely.

Quote:
- betray, humiliate, and then leave her completely alone, because obviously, Miorine has no plans to interact with Suletta any further
Keep in mind that Mio is running for president of Benerit now, so there's going to to be a ton of people looking for ways to control her, of which Suletta is the easiest option. By publicly dumping her, Mio nips this in the bud

Quote:
Meanwhile, I bet she's thinking to herself that she's sacrificing her own happiness for Suletta's sake, when all she did was make the both of them miserable and Prospera very happy.
Mio is projecting her own desires for freedom onto Suletta.

Quote:
Prospera accepted to not use Suletta in her revenge scheme further, she never said she would ghost her daughter if she calls...
Mio knows how Prospera works, I should hope she holds her to not speaking with Suletta again.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote