Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-12-17, 08:14   Link #1221
Team Rocket Elite

Qf2: Sakura Kyouko vs Miki Sayaka
Qf4: Akemi Homura vs Miyanaga Saki

Both Kyouko and Sayaka have solidly destroyed every non-Puella Magi they faced. Sayaka did seem to have trouble keeping up with Homura in the final group stage, though. Both Kyouko and Sayaka faced a Kinmosa character last round and Sayaka did noticibly better. She also faced Karen who is probably stronger than Alice. Sayaka should probably be the favourite here but I think I'll still side with Kyouko winning. Homura barely got past Ryuuka so her chances of beating Saki are fairly grim. Maybe the Madoka fanbase has got their act back together to a counterattack against Saki but Saki would have been a tough opponent on any day. Also Saki did outrank Madoka in the final group stage. Good luck Homura. You'll need it.

Votes:
Sakura Kyouko
Akemi Homura

Predictions:
Sakura Kyouko
Miyanaga Saki
Old 2014-12-17, 08:20   Link #1222
Archaeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
Don't know if I could do this more regularly again since I don't have any enthusiasm left. Maybe I can do it only when the official results out.
Where is the website that post all those official result? Japanese or English is fine with me.
Old 2014-12-17, 09:34   Link #1223
Hachiko
The Akita

The second match day is where the turnout will come. The Madoka voters must come out in droves and push Homura over the top. Keep in mind, TRE, that Madoka already won this thing, so the Madoka voters will want someone else from their party to lead the way anyway.

Some early returns....Shasya twitter is not posting the results, so here it is from my tracker. It looks like Toki could be on her way out. So this round should see all of the prior champions take their leave.

Spoiler:

EDIT: Second match underway. I have observed that the Sayaka voters are supporting Saki but the Kyouko voters are generally favoring Homura.

EDIT 2: Second match day concluded. These are preliminary results. Found it from here.

Spoiler:

If the multivotes are for Saki, Miyanaga might be in trouble here.

Last edited by Hachiko; 2014-12-18 at 10:13.
Old 2014-12-19, 08:48   Link #1224
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
Where is the website that post all those official result? Japanese or English is fine with me.
This is the only English site that still bothers to put up results: http://www.saimoe.info/

I can't access the txt files for current unofficial results. Oh well, at least the official results are not out yet.

Current unofficial results taken from Hachiko:

QF2
1位 339票 Miki Sayaka @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica
2位 334票 Sakura Kyouko @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica

QF4
1位 594票 Miyanaga Saki @ Saki
2位 423票 Akemi Homura @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Quote:
I have observed that the Sayaka voters are supporting Saki but the Kyouko voters are generally favoring Homura.
Not surprising. I always feel that many Sayaka's fans are not Homura's fans, and the Rebellion movie severely splitted the fanbase in regard of the new direction Homura has taken (and many of fans' review regarding Homura are not very positive). However just like the canon series itself, the Kyouko-Homura dynamic is more on ally-friendly term, and I can see that their fans are like that as well.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2014-12-19, 09:22   Link #1225
Hachiko
The Akita

Well? This might be the fans' chance for a rebellion of their own. Aha...and Saki apparently is spearheading the cause. Ohhhhh...

Official results from Match Day 1, right here.

Spoiler:

Spoiler for graphics:

Last edited by Hachiko; 2014-12-19 at 09:43.
Old 2014-12-19, 17:14   Link #1226
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
Well? This might be the fans' chance for a rebellion of their own.
No, in terms of Saimoe, fans had their chance at rebellion last week and blew it by supporting the girls of Madoka Magica over the blondes of Kiniro Mosaic.
Old 2014-12-19, 17:47   Link #1227
FractalFusion

Quote:
Second match underway. I have observed that the Sayaka voters are supporting Saki but the Kyouko voters are generally favoring Homura.
Data based on the preliminary (unreliable) results posted by Hachiko:
Code:
          Homura    Saki      N/A   
Kyouko      181      151      002   
Sayaka      208      129      002   
N/A         034      314      ---
Data says that Sayaka voters vote Homura more than Saki, and that Saki voters vote Kyouko more than Sayaka (if they voted for anyone in that match at all).

The final result may be completely different but I don't expect vote correlation tendencies to be completely different (although the 314 in that chart will probably disappear).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
Apart from saimoe.info, this thread also posts official results of course, although not as organized. Hachiko's blog site also posts results along with commentary, but for some reason I cannot understand, the results are entirely in Japanese despite the blog being in English.

The actual official results (based on the Japanese site which supposedly runs this tournament) are hidden in a completely disorganized manner on voting and admin threads. The webpage which is supposed to organize these results is apparently dead.
Old 2014-12-19, 18:56   Link #1228
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by FractalFusion View Post
Hachiko's blog site also posts results along with commentary, but for some reason I cannot understand, the results are entirely in Japanese despite the blog being in English.
That's because I'm too lazy to translate. You can figure it out by copying the names on Google Image Search. Now if the 314 are taken away from Saki's final total, this is going to be a clear-cut victory for Homura because that's going to be about a 100-vote gap in favor of Das Homu. it's going to make the semis very interesting and less anticlimactic, that's for sure.

EDIT: Here is something that is worthy of a few raised eyebrows. This. It says here that Nodoka has beaten Sayaka and Saki has defeated Shizuno. This can't be right for a few reasons.
1. There is no config thread for the Dec. 20 semifinal, as scheduled by Aya Reiko.
2. There is no config thread for the Dec. 21 semifinal, as scheduled by Aya Reiko.
3. These results are combined. For the semis, this would go over two days. The results suggest this all took place on one day.
If these two config threads are posted, then these match results would be even close to legit. Something tells me that these two semis are going to be behind schedule. Now, it did say 有効コードがある票の順位, which means "Vote of order where there is a valid code." I don't know if this means the number of valid votes for either character in the quarterfinal matches, or head to head results by people who decided to vote when there is no match, because there is no way these can be match results, since there is no config thread that has them on the ballot.

Last edited by Hachiko; 2014-12-20 at 13:14.
Old 2014-12-20, 13:17   Link #1229
Cryptum117

Quote:
EDIT: Here is something that is worthy of a few raised eyebrows. This. It says here that Nodoka has beaten Sayaka and Saki has defeated Shizuno. This can't be right for a few reasons.
186 vs 19
what a shi**y loyalty of Madoka Magica fans, really... I'm feeling ashamed of myself for being part of Madoka fandom righ now...
Old 2014-12-20, 13:46   Link #1230
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptum117 View Post
186 vs 19
what a shi**y loyalty of Madoka Magica fans, really... I'm feeling ashamed of myself for being part of Madoka fandom righ now...
Well, I'm not too affected.

First off, my waifu, Madoka, has already won this.
Second, Homura's new self pretty much p-d off the entire fanbase. Even me. Even though she's my second wife because Das Homu.
Thirdly, Saki's pretty much shut themselves out of contention for future Saimoe tournaments because the OVA won't pack a punch and they will also have two winners, if all goes to plan for them. The voters will want new material afterwards and they'll get it.

The only issue right now is that RUN isn't posting the final numbers for QF Match Day 2. Hello, RUN? I have a blog to update and odds to post, let's go...
Old 2014-12-20, 15:25   Link #1231
TBAHammy

Been lurking here for months and figured I'd post a bit of info. The numbers posted yesterday appear to be valid since nothing new has been posted and both winners advanced. The voting is currently underway, and appears that tomorrow's was rescheduled to today, probably to get it over with sooner.

2014/12/21(日)
SF1組
<<原村和@咲-Saki- 全国編>>
<<美樹さやか@劇場版 魔法少女まどか☆マギカ[新編]叛逆の物語>>

SF2組
<<高鴨穏乃@咲-Saki- 全国編>>
<<宮永咲@咲-Saki- 全国編>>

first vote appears to have been cast around 1am JST, and the text file appears to include numbers from the previous tournament (so both Saki and Sayaka are a bit lower than that) given that the thread contains the end of QF2/QF4.

votes at this time (via manual counting) appear to be

81 Saki
47 Shizuno

131 Nodoka
8 Sayaka
Old 2014-12-20, 15:58   Link #1232
Hachiko
The Akita

OFFICIAL! We have our semifinalists.

Spoiler for Graphics:

Spoiler:
Old 2014-12-20, 18:39   Link #1233
Cryptum117

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBAHammy View Post
Been lurking here for months and figured I'd post a bit of info. The numbers posted yesterday appear to be valid since nothing new has been posted and both winners advanced. The voting is currently underway, and appears that tomorrow's was rescheduled to today, probably to get it over with sooner.

2014/12/21(日)
SF1組
<<原村和@咲-Saki- 全国編>>
<<美樹さやか@劇場版 魔法少女まどか☆マギカ[新編]叛逆の物語>>

SF2組
<<高鴨穏乃@咲-Saki- 全国編>>
<<宮永咲@咲-Saki- 全国編>>

first vote appears to have been cast around 1am JST, and the text file appears to include numbers from the previous tournament (so both Saki and Sayaka are a bit lower than that) given that the thread contains the end of QF2/QF4.

votes at this time (via manual counting) appear to be

81 Saki
47 Shizuno

131 Nodoka
8 Sayaka
wow.... Madoka Magica japanese fans are really loyal to their characters
Old 2014-12-20, 21:20   Link #1234
Team Rocket Elite

Good try Kuro but not good enough. Welcome to the semifinals Haramura Nodoka. It took a few tries but you finally made it here. Back in 2012, Shizuno ended up getting sniped fairly early on. This was one of the very few mistakes the Saki fanbase made during their domination of Saimoe 2012. Shizuno takes out Toki to show how threatening Shizuno might have been if her run hadn't been cut short. Toki had a good run as a former champion but it's now time for her to bow out now that her second chance has expired. After a hard fought battle, Miki Sayaka advances as the only non-Saki character in the Top 4. Like with how I should have picked Shizuno over Toki, I should have gone with Sayaka who looked stronger than Kyouko. In the end Homura isn't able to keep up with Saki. If this is really the end for Homura, she finishes up 6-3. I guess that's better than 1-2, but it's a pretty poor record for someone as strong as she is.

Sf1: Haramura Nodoka vs Miki Sayaka
Sf2: Takakamo Shizuno vs Miyanaga Saki

I already peaked a bit at how Nodoka vs Sayaka is going. Even if I was going in blind I doubt I would have picked Sayaka to win, but the performance here is pretty one-sided. Like I said a few days ago, Nodoka is a sizable favourite to win. This match is just another step towards that. I haven't looked at the results of Shizuno vs Saki yet. Shizuno took out Madoka while Saki beat Homura. I've got to give the edge to Saki here. I guess having more than 2 minutes of screentime in the most recent series also help. A Saki vs Nodoka finals would also be cool but I guess Shizuno also has her own reasons for wanting to face Nodoka as well.

Votes:
Miki Sayaka
Miyanaga Saki

Predictions:
Haramura Nodoka (probably would have been this)
Miyanaga Saki
Old 2014-12-20, 21:24   Link #1235
RJ TAYLER

Ami K best tilt at the title since 2004, her runner up year and it must be Kana Udea's best tilt at the title ever now.
Old 2014-12-20, 22:54   Link #1236
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

So the MadoMagi fanbase got out after Homura lost. Didn't see that coming.

After the older years of stopping at semi-finals, Nodoka now has the best chance to win it all.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2014-12-21, 14:28   Link #1237
Hachiko
The Akita

Spoiler for graphics:

Spoiler:

Official.
Old 2014-12-21, 17:17   Link #1238
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wasn't it a Nodoka vs Saki fight they wanted the first year?
Old 2014-12-21, 20:42   Link #1239
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
RUN should just call his favourite character from that series [Saki] and make her the winner.
Can't say I didn't see that coming.
Old 2014-12-22, 00:19   Link #1240
RJ TAYLER

I think a couple of Grand Final records have been broken this year, and do correct me if I am wrong:

Most matches combined as a finalist pairing
Most Matches competed in before making a final- Nodoka

Longest gap for a finalist reappearance for a VA (Ami K), 10 years and x months
Most years competed in before winning the title (since circa 2009) approx 5 years
Most aggregate votes gathered before making a final and highest aggregate in a final

777UP
Closed Thread

Tags
saimoe, saimoe 2014