AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-06-26, 21:59   Link #1221
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

The "save Asia" plotline seems to be a secondary focus though. It's more of "this enemy from the future needs to be defeated in the past, oh and let's change this so <insert bad thing> doesn't happen to Asia in the new future".

At least, that's what it looks like from the translations I've seen.

Edit: Agreed with Obey on Ishibumi testing the waters with this. If reception is positive, it opens up a huge amount of possibilities for a really good sequel.
Old 2015-06-26, 22:04   Link #1222
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Admittedly, the only things I really care about is this "Valvazoa"(I think that's the God's name?) and the kids. New was bundled with just slice of life dates so this is still a HUGE step up.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 22:06   Link #1223
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey Pyro View Post
Admittedly, the only things I really care about is this "Valvazoa"(I think that's the God's name?) and the kids. New was bundled with just slice of life dates so this is still a HUGE step up.
I'd take light-hearted bonding time with the girls over this honestly. I really love the slice of life aspect of DxD.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 22:08   Link #1224
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
I'd take light-hearted bonding time with the girls over this honestly. I really love the slice of life aspect of DxD.
Normally I would agree but Issei's children have always been a point of interest.
Old 2015-06-26, 22:10   Link #1225
amtro
Distro

It's not a save Asia mission, ya dinguses. It's a we're saving the world from these evil guys who will become a huge threat later on and oh btw Asia dies in the future and that's sad, see if you can do something about that.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 22:14   Link #1226
Chichiryuushintei

No idea of what a dingus is but it sounds rude.

If it's a "let's change the timeline because in the future shit hit the fan" then it's not as bad. Except that the whole time travel paradox stuff just gets more and more complicated.
Old 2015-06-26, 22:19   Link #1227
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

It still bugs me that Asia is the one who has to die someday. She is not anywhere near my favorite character but seriously Ishibumi has made her the damsel in distress one too many times compared to the others.
Old 2015-06-26, 22:26   Link #1228
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
It still bugs me that Asia is the one who has to die someday. She is not anywhere near my favorite character but seriously Ishibumi has made her the damsel in distress one too many times compared to the others.
But if she's the only one who died, why not send Super-OP Future!Ise to the past and his wives who surely are stronger and more competent than their runty kids? Wait, don't answer, let me guess... Politics.
Old 2015-06-26, 22:28   Link #1229
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
But if she's the only one who died, why not send Super-OP Future!Ise to the past and his wives who surely are stronger and more competent than their runty-kids?
I'm still trying to figure out the whole time travel fiasco.
Old 2015-06-26, 22:49   Link #1230
MV5

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
It's not a save Asia mission, ya dinguses. It's a we're saving the world from these evil guys who will become a huge threat later on and oh btw Asia dies in the future and that's sad, see if you can do something about that.
It's basically the plot line to Spider-Man: Edge of Time
Quote:
But if she's the only one who died, why not send Super-OP Future!Ise to the past and his wives who surely are stronger and more competent than their runty kids? Wait, don't answer, let me guess... Politics.
What with the war going on, they are probably dealing with their own problems concerning the evil god. So send the kids back in time to team up with the present ORC. More than likely they have been prepared to take on these types of missions, also the kids don't mess around when they are dealing with an enemy.
Quote:
I'm still trying to figure out the whole time travel fiasco.
Azazel and a time machine is what someone was able to figure out from the excerpt.
MV5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 23:29   Link #1231
Superbia

Quote:
In a lot of time travel stories it is often said that something bad will happen if a someone from the future runs into or even exists in the same time period as their past self. It could be that they needed to send people who didn't already exist in that time period, so they would have had to send their kids.
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 23:42   Link #1232
Archilla

I'm still just kinda trying to wrap my head around it all. This could either be really cool or just a wierd rip off of Naruto Gaiden.
Archilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 23:58   Link #1233
MV5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDK1 View Post
I'm still just kinda trying to wrap my head around it all. This could either be really cool or just a wierd rip off of Naruto Gaiden.
Ishibumi was inspired by it. Not a lot you can do with the time travel scenario, but if you can pull it off, it could work really well. More than likely this is to set the basis for a potential sequel and the characters that will appear, also there is still the Millicas idea, so maybe he mixes it into the fray, should it come to happen.
Old 2015-06-27, 00:04   Link #1234
evalot1997

URGH!!!

Well what a pleasant surprise, who would have thought that it was the child of the high class princess that is rude, obnoxious and ungrateful towards the father.........
evalot1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-27, 00:10   Link #1235
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbia View Post
In a lot of time travel stories it is often said that something bad will happen if a someone from the future runs into or even exists in the same time period as their past self. It could be that they needed to send people who didn't already exist in that time period, so they would have had to send their kids.
Yeah that works too, I guess... Though I don't really know enough about physics to understand that statement.

@evalot: lol Ravel's child would be the worst then.
Old 2015-06-27, 00:13   Link #1236
MV5

Quote:
Originally Posted by evalot1997 View Post
URGH!!!

Well what a pleasant surprise, who would have thought that it was the child of the high class princess that is rude, obnoxious and ungrateful towards the father.........
How about we all settle down till the contents/details for the first part of EX comes out on the 24th. There's more to this story, so lets wait and see.
Old 2015-06-27, 00:13   Link #1237
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

If we can assume that Asia really is dead in their timeline, can you really blame the kids for being edgy?
Old 2015-06-27, 00:27   Link #1238
Archilla

Quote:
If we can assume that Asia really is dead in their timeline, can you really blame the kids for being edgy?
I still don't get our theory that she's dead. How could the villain be Asia's murderer? Issei would have fucking massacred him.

Personally, I'd love to see Issei's son not so much be annoyed with him but embarrassed by him. Adult Issei is probably Azazel, Odin, and Satan Red all rolled into one.

He'd be the goofiest parent ever.
Archilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-27, 01:01   Link #1239
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
I still don't get our theory that she's dead. How could the villain be Asia's murderer? Issei would have fucking massacred him.

Personally, I'd love to see Issei's son not so much be annoyed with him but embarrassed by him. Adult Issei is probably Azazel, Odin, and Satan Red all rolled into one.

And that's why I hope Future!Ise make at least one appearence in this. Well, that and I kinda like when the MC meets his future self. It's pretty awesome.
Old 2015-06-27, 01:13   Link #1240
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Well all the preview said was that this enemy that they're fighting is immune to magic and senjutsu.