cabman11

Quote:
闇の次元血鎖
光魔ルシヴァル血魔力時空属性系、及び、エクストラスキル鎖の因子、特殊派生血闇。
限定されるが、<血鎖の饗宴>のパワーアップ版と考える。
With this i assume it eats them
Old 2016-08-01, 13:10   Link #1222
sasuke706

It doesn't. It may physically eat them (enough to sustain itself or create more blood chains or something), but not their soul.
Reason being the Granpa monster and ancient dragon. He used the Blood Chain Banquet on both of them and they died normally. Or more like the blood chains didn't even kill the dragon.
A being that has their soul sucked seems to lose their entire physical form as a side effect or something. Nothing left but ash. This was the same for the god when she absorbed all of the dark elves in their entirety.
We can assume from this that the blood chains don't eat souls.

As the Dark Dimensional Chains are considered an upgrade of Blood Chains, we can assume the effect isn't different in that regard.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-01, 13:12   Link #1223
Rasty

^^ But the blood chains don't eat it too. Though it might be able to absorb the blood, it is doing nothing with the soul. While Shuuya used it on the lich in a way that made it seem like the chains were eating it, it are still just chains.
So I don't see any reason from your quote for it to be eating their souls.

^ Geh you was faster.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-01, 13:14   Link #1224
cabman11

Well whenever you guys get what I mean.
Still would have been a alot of absorbed blood.

And why don't we just ask the author if it absorbs Souls
Old 2016-08-01, 13:30   Link #1225
sasuke706

^Because there's no reason to ask the author about every little thing, especially the ones we can reason out for ourselves.
It's the difference between being obnoxious and insightful. Granted the author seems pretty tolerant toward it.
For example, did you know authors can disable comments? It's actually pretty common. Like look at a story called 使徒戦記. The author did a hilarious development that caused the comments to explode, so he just disabled comments from there on. Or some stories like 村人ですが何か? just disable them from the start.

Like your question about if he can't overcome his requiring blood weakness.
He barely requires blood as is (a tablespoon once every 7 days, big deal) and has methods of storing blood to intake, as in Helme and his item box.
Not requiring blood would also ruin the entire vampire concept. What's a vampire that doesn't drink blood? It'd basically be changing his race yet again.
At that point he may as well just 'transcend' into godhood, which going by how this series works Shuuya's already better off than being god. Since being a god means he only gets to visit the world of pretty girls and women once every few decades for a scant few minutes.
Old 2016-08-01, 13:43   Link #1226
Rasty

^ I would add Dimension Sealing (old Bokutachi wa Isekai he Tabidatsu Wake) where the author froze comments before doing some changes he was expecting people to not like.

Btw. am I the only one who thinks that
 戦闘職業:魔槍血鎖師
is outright ridiculous? The naming seems like a bit too many things jumbled together.

Also the guy that set up the job system (I guess not the gods as they seem to operate under it) must have had too much of free time if he was adding such borderline jobs like that, well if it is not automatic and creating the jobs as it goes.
Old 2016-08-01, 13:55   Link #1227
cabman11

Nothing about the gods being under the skill system. And it was a God that created the system. The god of jobs or something skill god?
Old 2016-08-01, 14:05   Link #1228
sasuke706

^^The names get pretty ridiculous to the point where translating it into English feels stupid. Magispearist Bloodchainer or something ridiculous sounding. The author does pretty good with his English versions of the names, though. Granted that's due to basically omitting entire kanji/meanings in the translation.
That's what all the comments about Chuuni names was about.
Achilles' job isn't any better either, him being a 武槍剣風師.

I assume the job system is basically automatic with the job god guy itself only getting involved in new jobs or ones that require special attention.
Or he spent a lot of time thinking up potential jobs. The description given for the job system was that there's basically an infinite amount of them with all sorts of different variations.
Old 2016-08-02, 10:09   Link #1229
wuhugm
Confused Shark

LULZ!~ Use reality marble once and vow to never use it again~ Ukeru~~~

Btw, without lockpicking, where would they find the key?

Fucking nanpa yarou strikes again

Magic items for everyone~ Such luck :P

Last edited by wuhugm; 2016-08-02 at 10:23.
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-02, 10:52   Link #1230
sasuke706

^If there is a key, it's probably found in chests or dropped by guardians.
Otherwise, it's not like they can't open it without unlocking it. It's just it's trapped, so odds are the person forcing the lock open has a good chance of dying.

But holy shit that is a ton of items.
How many items is a rainbow chest going to have, over a goddamn 100?
Chests also seem to drop loot based on the people who summon the chest. Classic.

And now Shuuya has a plant to take care of (responsibility).
Granted Helme seems to want to take care of it, her hobby being watering plants and all.
But yeah, he needs a caretaker or maid or something for while he's away.
Or have Misty build maid golems.

Shuuya lifting up the entire chest with stone refrigerators inside with one hand inside made me laugh.
He actually doesn't show off his inhuman strength very often.
Old 2016-08-02, 11:38   Link #1231
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Ridiculous... Innocent Arms have been exploring the dungeon for days and not A SINGLE key drop! Not even silver key! It's a super rare drop, if it even drop at all!

Also it's contradictory with the fact that many parties are camping at treasure box room to farm it. You think they have that many keys? Impossible. Also the boxes there unable to be removed and will disappear after opened, so it's not like they can just keep the boxes until getting the keys!
Viine is a deux ex machina!

How large is that shit that it can contain 2 refrigerators -__-
Old 2016-08-02, 11:47   Link #1232
Kaito Yamakage

The key is to take the trap to the face.

If you have a pick I don't see why you would need a key.... picks don't break after one use unless it's a video game.
Old 2016-08-02, 12:40   Link #1233
Rasty

Well most parties probably have someone with lockpicking skills or just don't go for the chests. As for the people in front of that room, firstly the treasure chest drop is just a chance (and low I would guess) and they were there for the "black water". Even if a treasure chest drops it would be the lowest grade considering that it is the 2nd floor (well except for our MC whose luck is going high through the roof) and thus have little to no probability of having some deadly trap, so they might as well risk it.
Old 2016-08-02, 12:53   Link #1234
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^^To the face lol~ Who's the lucky one?~
Long time boukensha like Eva and Rebecca were amazed by Viine's lockpicking though?
If everybody is indeed picking, they wouldn't emphasis on key everytime, no?

^It's said for chest rooms everywhere, like on top of that tower, people camping there too
Then nobody'd bother with keys at all and just develop a way to open chest remotely with golem or something
Old 2016-08-02, 13:08   Link #1235
sasuke706

^They don't emphasize keys. They emphasize the chests are locked and trapped.
Has there even been mention of the chests having keys? I thought the keys were just us speculating.

The people camping in the tower are high-end parties. Having a thief to lockpick is standard, like the thief guy who was giving the wounded dude potions in the Prairie Eagle group.
Hell, they have to be high-end to fight these bosses.

Some clans might even use golems to open chests, but some traps may risk damaging items inside.
Although things like armor will likely be fine even if the trap goes off.
Old 2016-08-02, 13:16   Link #1236
Kaito Yamakage

I think the issue with chests isn't so much them being "locked" but whether you can disarm the traps. Rebecca was ready to give up on that silver chest because risking opening it was too dangerous.

On that end as long as you have a couple cheap slave children whose lives you can throw away for a few copper coins there's no issue. (Alternatively remote ESP/defensive/regenerative abilities)
Old 2016-08-02, 14:11   Link #1237
Rasty

^ The slave option is good I guess, though it is a question how much "locked" the chests are, so it might be impossible for them to open it alone. And it might be, that just hiring someone with lockpicking skills is cheaper (and if he screws up and dies, it's his problem and no harm to your wallet).

The second might go awfully wrong though. Imagine poisonous gas came out, that could get you anyway as you would have to be in the same room.

But in the end it might be not a good idea to open the chests by force anyway, as the chances of the items getting damaged is rather high.

As for Shuuya's party getting impressed by Viine. It felt to me like not being amazed she is capable to do it, but rather impressed how many things she can do, also her speed and precision in doing so (especially considering she is opening high tier treasure chests). I can imagine there being many "chiefs", just that they sometime screw up and die, or just take awfully long (an hour or two) to open these chests.
Old 2016-08-02, 15:59   Link #1238
cabman11

To be fair she does come from an extremely corrupt society of backstabbers and shadow lurkers
Old 2016-08-03, 10:17   Link #1239
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Wai~ Items appraisal~~~ .....Actually I don't give a single shit bout those items.....

I only care who's gonna wear that clam swimsuit

and somehow all those items are very compatible with the users, despite being distributed before appraisal -__- motherfu...
and Luffy's hat and Cap. America's shield? lololol
Old 2016-08-03, 10:35   Link #1240
cabman11

With all these weapons blessed by Spirits I wonder if Helme can grant a blessing also? (Probably)
Well in any case it seems Spirits themselves are rare so blessed weapons are super rare. Good thing he happens to have a spirit on hand with her reason of being is to do his every bidding.(happily at that)

Tags
ストレスフリー (stress-free), high fantasy, inhuman reincarnation, magic+esp, true adventure, unconventional harem